Here's a quick guide on what you could be wearing as a level 35 gathering aka DoL in Final Fantasy XIV. Including total mats & shards.
ItemsRead full story...
By: goukijones Sep 3, 2016 | 0 Comments
eSports continues to grow at a rapid rate in Las Vegas.
Downtown Las Vegas continues to grow and after all of my years here, it doesn't surprise me that it would be turning into an eSports hub. DTLV has always been trying to reinvent itself and stay ahead of the Las Vegas Strip. It's hard to compete with those Strip hotels and for most locals, DTLV didn't have a great history growing up.
I believe Insert Coins that used to be Downtown paved the way for what's been happening over the more recent years. If it wasn't for the owner of Insert Coins and his relationship with the public officials, I don't think they'd have the understanding about the importance of video games in our culture, like how they do now.
Which brings me to the derelict space of Neonopolis. The last time I was there I was in the Toy Shack, a classic Las Vegas business. The Toy Shack has been in Neonopolis for as long as I can remember it even being built. So I'm certain they are hype for the eSports arena. However, I remember the place being very empty, almost like something out of Fallout New Vegas.
Pro Gaming League and Neonopolis announced they will be building 2 eSports areas. One for competitive play and one for broadcasting. They say even with this space Neonopolis is only 38% full. This will be a true test for eSports in Las Vegas.
The D next month is hosting a 10K Madden tournament. The Downtown Grand has eSports on a weekly basis and is currently leading in prize money and prizes given away. I'm very excited to see gaming grow in Las Vegas. When this stuff spreads down to the Strip tho... watch out! It will be on for sure and let's not forget about skill gaming. You haven't seen a rage quit until you've seen random Jimmy trying to jump over a pit with $10k on the line.
Until next time...
Don't be a Jimmy!
Nothing a little determination won't over come. After trying multiple programs and testing out tons of configurations. GoukiJones finally achieved greatness, by killing the skeleton king with an Xbox 360 Controller. Here's how:
Everybody has seen the story about the Xpadder. That Jimmy has posted that same story all over the internet. Well the Xpadder is $10. I'm cheap. Plus I just paid full price for Diablo 3 that has been in development for years and should have come with a simple feature, such as controller support. Never mind all that, Xpadder is $10 and I wasn't having that. I did find a free version of Xpadder, but it wouldn't even install and giving me pc safety warnings. I searched the internets and came across a few different FREE options. Free options are always scary, but I was willing to risk it.Read full story...
By: goukijones Nov 20, 2013 | 0 Comments
Today Yoshi P posted some serious notes on what to expect from the 2.1 patch for all of you Warrior players out there.
I play level 50 Relic +1 Warrior. Currently in Coil. Haven't beaten anything in there yet, but I've been in twice so give me a break. Looks like in a couple of weeks it's just going to be even easier for me to play Coil. Especially when I'll have a move that won't allow my HP to drop below 1. lol PWN!
From Yoshi P:
- Recast time will be reduced from 30 to 20 seconds, increasing the frequency with which players can stun foes.
- Enmity generated by this skill has been increased.
- TP cost will be reduced from 70 to 60.
- TP cost will be reduced from 90 to 60.
- This skill will also reduce damage dealt by enemies for a period of time.
- Range will be increased from 3 yalms to 6, to make the skill more effective.
- This skill will now pull enemies toward your character.
- When using this skill, a player's HP cannot be reduced lower than 1.
- The animation for this skill will be revised.
- This skill will also reduce damage taken by 30%.
- Recast time will be reduced from 60 to 40 seconds, improving ease of use.
Thrill of Battle
- Effect duration will be extended from 10 to 20 seconds.
- Enmity generated by this skill will be increased.
- This skill will also increase HP recovery via curing magic by 20%.
- The improved healing effect granted by Wrath will be removed. Instead, the improved healing effect will be granted by Defiance.
- Due to overall balance changes, HP absorbed by damage dealt will be reduced from 300% to 100%
- Damage taken will be reduced by 20% for 6 seconds.
- This skill will generate increased enmity.
- Recast time will be reduced from 180 to 120 seconds, improving ease of use.
By: goukijones Jul 31, 2013 | 1 Comments
Raychul Moore, long time friend of Gouki.com recently visited San Diego Comic-Con. She has a few great stories to tell from the event. From random Jimmys hating on the Booker DeWitt gender swap & of course the 12 year nuabs I mentioned.
Me? I don't know how I feel about the gender swap stuff, but that's 1 of her gimmicks & that's fine. She's easily the most popular girl I know who is doing that. A little weird yeah, but she makes it work. My only thing is like the Drake, she did Drake from Uncharted a few years back. She had on the same thing he did, long sleeve shirt & jeans. That's definitely more of a personal thing, she wasn't trying to appeal to any sex there. What am I talking about at this point? The Booker DeWitt was definitely sexier, but she explains why in the video below. Plus there's the whole story about the 12 year olds & Cammy's butt.
Thanks for watching. Who are your favorite nerd girls? Leave her name in the comments for me. ;-)
Top 10 Video Games
- Nintendo Switch
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
- Final Fantasy XV
- Halo Wars 2
- Dishonored 2
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- WWE '12
- WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2011
- Gears of War 4