By: starlordtitus Jan 29, 2013 | 22922 Views | 6 Comments
The most powerful Street Fighter characters made appearances throughout many games. Coming down to the Top 6 was down right close. But behold, the most prestige fighters in all of Street Fighter.
Ryu is perhaps the most famous character in the Street Fighter series. His humble beginnings to his uprising in ability to topple the giant champions of the world made him the fighter we all wished to be. The hero of Street Fighter and overall legend, he is known for usually snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.
Read full story...
We've all seen pictures of awesome fight sticks; now it's time to see some of the worst.
The Internet is home to some of the most awesome fightstick mods out there. However, there are a number of downright goofy sticks out there as well. Some are official, some are homemade, but all of these monstrosities are bound to make to make you say "WTF?!"Read full story...
By: BatRastered Jan 14, 2013 | 6578 Views | 2 Comments
Our first look at how to build out the Borderlands 2 classes starts off with Maya, the Siren. Let's see how her 3 skill trees work.
Let's start off with my least favorite tree, Harmony (the center tree). Here's a link to the build if you want to follow along.
I really don't like the "Scorn" cap on this tree, as you can see at the end of the video, it's very easy to hit yourself with it. Some of the other skills like the "Res" game changer in the middle of the tree, are only useful in co-op, so you'd likely want to re-spec if you ever played solo and put that point to better use somewhere else in the tree. In a full team of 4, and with a good Heavenly Nurse class mod, this build can greatly improve the survivability of everyone in the group. In fact, you should probably move the 5 points in recompense into Elated if you have 3 or more players as it will be less about your survival and more about the health of the group as a whole.Read full story...
By: Arthvader Apr 17, 2012 | 542 Views | 5 Comments
My thoughts on what I believe to be an awesome game. Achievements will be explained as well, and learn how to unlock the 10th color palette.
It's been almost a week since I've bought Skullgirls, and I have to say, I'm very impressed with how this game. For days I've been playing this game, getting to know more about the cast of characters, as well as knowing how the mechanics of the game works. To me, if feels like a mix of multiple fighting games, such as street fighter, the marvel vs. series, and the guilty gear series, all rolled up into one game. The roster is very unique, ranging from a grappler character that has a hat with giant arms, to a character that was based around 40s' or 50s' cartoons, to even a character that is pretty much an mixture of the entire cast.
Of the current roster, I have to say my favorite, and the one I'm planning to use the most, is none other than Valentine. Other than being a nurse, she is also a ninja. Plus, she reminds me of a lot of ninja characters I played with on other fighters, especially Chipp Zanuff from the Guilty Gear series, which is just about the reason why I immediately went ahead and started practicing with her. She has some very useful setups and moves, such as her poisons, which can cause passive damage, increase hit stun, or even cause input lag, a dash more similar to Chipp Zanuff's Alpha blade, to even a body bag Izuna Drop. The one thing that I could say about her that is even more unique is the ability to revive a dead teammate. This is a very useful technique, even if i need to save up a full set of meter.
I really do like the music that was put into the game. It was composed by none other than Michiru Yamane, the same person who composed the music for the majority of the Castlevania series, from Symphony of the Night and onward. At the same time, I really also like the art style used by Alex Ahab in this game. It gives off the vibe of an original, dark, deco world that I could appreciate.
And now, on to the Achievement Explanations:
- Sküllgirls - Graduation day has arrived at last! Mrs. Victoria's so proud of you
- How to unlock: This is unlocked by clearing the entire tutorial mode under training. pretty much self-explanatory.
- Treads of Fate - Follow all threads of fate to their inevitable conclusions.
- How to unlock: Pretty much self-explanatory as well. this will unlock as soon as you completed everyone's story mode. Do note that you'll gave to complete Filia, Cerebella, Ms. Fortune, Parasol, Painwheel, and Peackock's story to unlock Valentine's Story, and then beat Valentine's story to unlock Double's. Finish Double's Story to unlock the achievement.
- An Ensembled Cast - There may be no I in "team," but there is in "variety."
- How to unlock: this one requires setting up alot of custom assists. on the character select screen, when you select teams, after picking a character, you will be asked to pick an assist. select the third option, and make your own assist. it will take a while until the achievement unlocks. some people reported getting this achievement after anywhere between 7 - 50+ matches.
- Prolox - Words are fun - expand your vocabulary
- How to unlock: as you finish combos, you may notice a word under the number. There is a word for each number, and you will need to get around 60 - 80 words for this achievement to unlock.
- Real Circus Damage - And now, for the main attraction... Grappling!
- How to unlock: This is a character specific achievement involving Cerebella. the objective is to perform at least a total of 50 of her throws (regular, special, super). It doesn't need to be done in one match, as it keeps track of your overall progress.
- The Kitchen Sink - Throw everything at them, including...
How to unlock: This is Peacock's character specific achievement. to unlock this achievement, you will have to use her qcb+P move to drop all the object that she could drop. there are three tiers of items that could fall, depend on how long you hold the button in. Here's the list of the items she needs to drop:
No Charge Objects:
- Medicine Bottle
- Tea Cup
- Bowling Ball
- Flower Jar
- Bag of sand
1 ! Charge Objects:
- Spike Ball
- Yukkuri! (Animated head with Japanese speech bubble)
- Peacock Friend 1
- Peacock Friend 2
- Barrel (With turkey inside)
2 !! Charge Objects:
- Spike Balls Barrage
- Easter Island Moai
- Golden Monster Fridge
- Steam Roller
- No Charge Objects:
- Instant Hair Dash - Let your parasite feel the wind between his tendrils.
- How to unlock: This is Filia's character specific achievement. what you have to do is air-dash cancel out of her attacks around 60 times overall. pretty basic.
- Good Hunting, Commander - A good commander knows how to wield her forces effectively.
How to unlock: This is Parasol's character specific achievement. Your objective is to call on her egrets a total of 100 times, It doesn't matter which one you do, as it will all accumulate towards the achievement. here are the three commands:
- Egret Call (Hold Back, then press Forward + Light Kick)
- Egret Dive (Hold Back, then press Forward + Medium Kick)
- Egret Charge (Hold Back, then press Forward + Heavy Kick)
- Getting A Head In The Game - Sometimes you just need to relax and take the weight off your shoulders.
- How to unlock: This is Ms. Fortune's character specific achievement. All you have to do is have Ms. Fortune take her head off for a total of around a hour. this is accumulative across all matches. to take her head off, use her QCB + P move. If she was interrupted in the middle of her s.MP, s.HP, or c.HP, then her head will drop as well.
- Medical Board Will Be Notified - Your opponents aren't the only ones under the knife
- How to unlock: This is Valentine's character specific achievement. You will have to use her lvl. 5 super move (Forbidden Procedure: Rebirth Ex Machina) to revive your teammate, as well as hit your opponent at the exact same time, around 30 times. The command for the move is this: QCB + ( (MP + MK) or (HP + HK) )
- My Pain Will Be Visited Upon You - Sometimes you can take it, and sometimes you want to lash out.
- How to unlock: This is Painwheel's character specific achievement. the objective is to deal out alot of damage using Painwheel's Lvl.3 super (Hatred Install). By activating Hatred Install (QCB + PP), Painwheel will be able to perform counter attacks whenever she gets hit. the easiest way to get this achievement (at least the was I did it) was against Cerebella. With Cerebella, have her activate the Lvl. 3 super Diamonds are Forever (QCB + PP). Have Painwheel stay a distance from cerebella when she put her hand on the ground for the super. Painwheel, already with Hatred Install activated, have Painwheel charge s.HP. if timed right, Painwheel would have asorbed the stronger part of Cerbella's super, and inflict a lot of damage. Follow it up immediately with Painwheel's Lvl.1 super Death Crawl (QBF +PP), and the achievement would have unlocked after you deal enough damage.
- Toil and Trouble - A sesquidecemvir of seven simulacra synergizing simultaneously
How to unlock: despite the wierdness of the achievement description, this is Double's character specific achievement. What you need to do is pull of a combo that involves transforming into the entire cast. Here's a simple combo that can be done in the corner:
j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
- transformations in order in combo: Painwheel, Filia, Peacock, Cerebella, Parasol, Ms. Fortune, Valentine
- j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
Before I go, I would like to mention how to unlock the four extra color palettes. here they are in order:
- 7th color: Finish story mode (have to do it with each character for this color)
- 8th color: Finish Arcade mode (Just like with the the 7th color, you will have to clear it with each character to unlock this color. the good news: if you play arcade mode with a team, then all the characters that was on the team will have this color unlocked as well.)
- 9th color: Win 25-30 Versus matches (online or offline, or both combined) you will have to do this with each character for this color as well
- 10th color: This requires an old-school fighting game code. in the main menu, choose local versus. when you are on the controller screen (where you select what side you want to be on), Input this code: for the 360: Down, RB, Left, LB, Y, B. For the PS3: Down, R1, Left, L1, Square, X. you should see the message (New color palette available) appear. this will unlock the 10th color for the entire cast. Do note that the old-school code I'm relating to is the Same Character code that was used on Street Fighter II back on the SNES.
Tell me what you think of this story and guide? Vote, and leave your comments in the bottom. Don't be a Jimmy!!
Other Stories done by me:
By: iorilamia Dec 17, 2010 | 3198 Views | 6 Comments
son of a...BITCH DAIGO!
So, Bl34tm4n on youtube has uploaded tons of decent quality yun and yang videos (link here http://www.youtube.com/user/Bl34tm4n) After watching all his yun and yang vids i put together my own analysis and comparisons on the chars. What do you guys think? Leave a Comment below :D
(btw I dont know much about fei,gen or rufus, which basically make up alot of yun and yangs movelist, so please make your own comparions and stuff too )
UPDATE: even though yun has a better super, yangs slashes hit multiple times(even if its just one) during his super, applying more chip. also yangs teleport recovery is similiar to juri's? YANG CAN PUNISH BLANKA BALLS WITH U2. he can also punish blanka balls with ex slashes and ex teleport is decent on wakeup. Yun can EX AA into rush. palm atacks can be cancelled. Yang has sweet shoes. Even though Yangs U1 has like no reach (pretty much kara grab range?) it goes through fireballs :D
Starting with Yun, holy shit I can see how Daigo got 16,000BP and an 89% win rate in one day. (who the fuck knows what he has now....btw he has YET to make a ryu play card, it's been 100% yun)
-Yun's Dive Kicks are extremely good, annoying,and applying tons of pressure( they are noticibly slower than rufus's). Also yun can follow the dive kicks up with pretty good pokes and some specials. Also to make it even more Rufus like, yun can dive kick into target combo into FULL ULTRA 1. It's a easy combo thats going to destroy people. yet, since it is such a ridiculous combo, their is scaling to it, so it isnt too ridiculous, but pretty ridiculous. Divekick,lp lp, lk rush non counterhit took off 25% of chuns health.
-Yun's shoulder attack(similiar to Guy's) is much better. Damage is similiar but Guy's is incredibly slow when it is not EX, while Yun's comes out at pretty good speeds. And it is SAFE on block. Low LK(or maybe just LK) to LK shoulder is a sneaky little combo.
-genei-jin and palm attack. People tried to make the excuse that an overpowered genei-jin would be ok because it is hard to build meter, epsecially with how important ex moves and fadc are in this game. Well not when Yun's palm attack builds hefty meter like no other. It not only builds meter fast but it is safe from a distance and has major priority concerning people trying to stop you AND cancels out projectiles. The super only lasts about 10 seconds though.
The Genei-Jin is pretty much like the 3s version. Honestly it is much better than Juri's FSE for easily noticable reasons. First genei-jin has super freeze and comes out rather fast. You will see many yuns dive kick into normal combos and do the super even while the opponent is blocking, simply because you can continue to rush them down right afterwards and ultimately score an overhead or low hit into massive combo. Yun's pokes are also way more effective than Juri's in this state. Also juri cannot do atack combos into her fse and conintue a combo or apply pressure. Also, the lk -> lk shoulder combo i mentioned above, can sucessfully link into super and a continued combo (fucking balls)
Dashing punch even when its not ex(possible FP version) travels incredibly fast and almost full screen, can be a great suprise atack. On block the atack seems like juri's dive kick. only thing you can safely do is block if your opponent blocks it, most likely your poke will loose, BUT, after a blocked one you can super freeze with your super and apply the pressure.
Yun's anti air goes retarted high.
overhead is fucking smooth, just like in 3s.
YANG! (BEST LOOKING FOCUS ATACK EVER! mantis style bitches)
divekicks on both characters do not break armor. and are not overheads.
Well, the backdash and palm atack are seemingly the same. But his jumping seems to travel further.
divekick not as safe as Yuns on block, OR it could be that yun has better folow-up normals.
comand grab. gotta be in that ASS for the command grab, like, super close for that shit to work. (same for yun)
Rolling attack into anti air. But it travels very fast across the screen rolling(likes Gens roll) but into a AA, seems extremely sucessful vs fireballs. but the most unsafe thing ever. Also the rolling atack can be linked into slashes or just nothing, not sure if you can grab after, could be a nice mixup.
Slashes. Yangs LP slashes work great in little combos and are safe. really similiar to fei's punch combos and hit confirming from 1,2,3.
Seiei Enbu. Hm...seems like yun's normals work alot better than yangs. Yang doesn't seem to have the same gaurenteed combo's as his broha.
Big disadvantage after U2 is blocked, yang kinda stands their for like 2 seconds.
sweep seems just like ken's
teleportdash- flashy and fast, travels alot further than ibuki's and is more confusing, looks fun.
I like Yang better but, Yun seems to have more pressure and alot of pro's are preferring him, blah (even in 3S)
- #FMIWT Monthly Ranked Tournaments & Invitational.
- Anime Revolution Local Smash 4 Sponsorship Tournament
- Every Tuesday @GameWorks Las Vegas Street Fighter FREE 6-11PM BYOC
Top 10 Video Games
- Ultra Street Fighter IV
- League of Legends
- Super Smash Bros.
- Mortal Kombat X
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Rainbow Six Siege
- WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2011
- WWE '12
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3