News: Age of Empires announce trailer with release date, play for free
Age of Empires Online -- the next chapter in the best-selling Age of Empires PC game franchise -- will be available worldwide on August 16 in retail stores and online at ageofempiresonline.com.
With its launch, the game will feature two of the greatest ancient civilizations -- the Greeks and Egyptians -- and offer more than 40 hours of gameplay for free!
Here are some interesting points from the Age of Empires FAQ
The following features are free to play:
- Familiar Age of Empires gameplay, and downloadable to any PC for free!
- The greatest ancient civilizations, including Greeks and Egyptians.
- Constantly new, exciting, and evolving content.
- Quest, battle, chat, and trade with other players.
- Build and show off your own custom Capital City.
- Enjoy historical settings with gorgeous visuals and a cool new art style.
So, it's a lot like a demo. I gues this is where games are headed. Here's what you get for upgrading to premium FWIW:
A Premium Civ Pack will add the following to your experience:
- Rare and epic gear: Unlock gear that makes your units more powerful, with unique designs to make your armies stand out in battle.
- Advisors: In the Advisor Hall, you can unlock unique units, such as armored elephants and civilization powers.
- Tech Tree: Experience the full Tech Tree with fantastic end-game Star Techs. For example, generate resources from your Market, have your troops bandage themselves, or make your people immune to conversion in battle.
- Player vs. Player: Set parameters for the gameplay you want and invite your friends to play,
- Additional Inventory slots: More than double your inventory space.
- More Workshops: Drastically improve your capital’s production with more workshops to create all the materials you need for crafting.
- Craft Halls: Learn unit enhancements from additional Craft Halls and use them to your advantage in the game. You get seven to choose from, including the Military College, which enhances infantry; the Hunting Lodge, which enhances archers and missile units; and the Cavalry Hall, which enhances mounted units.
- Empire Points: Get the ability to spend Empire Points on the best loot in the game. Empire Points reward you for having multiple civilizations.
- In-game stores: Earn in-game currency from the stores in your Capital City.
Top 10 Video Games
- Street Fighter V
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
- WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2011
- Mortal Kombat
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- WWE '12
- Super Smash Bros.
- Dead or Alive 5
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Dragon Age II