By: Arthvader Jan 20, 2013 | 4 Comments | Updated: Jan 21, 2013
Goukijones, Batrasterd, and I take on Pete the Invincible using a glitch to our advantage.
On Wednesday, January 16, Goukijones, Batrasterd, and I went and took on the raid boss of Mr. Tourge's Campaign of Carnage, Pete the Invincible. During the course of this particular fight, though, we ended up getting Pete into a spot where he essentially got stuck, allowing us to defeat him without much issue.Read full story...
By: Arthvader Sep 15, 2013 | 6 Comments
Special Thanks to Gouki.com for sending me a PAX Prime Access code for the Gearbox Software Community Day 2013 stream.
First of all, I would like to thank Goukijones for giving me a code for the Gearbox Community Day 2013 event that went on in Dallas, Texas. With that code, I was able to watch the stream in HD, using special emoticons in the chat during the stream, and a wide variety of benefit. I enjoyed watching whatever I was able to watch (was at work til 3PM EST). I'll be going through the stream archive to watch it from the beginning. Other benefits in the Digital Bonus Pack includes:Read full story...
Apparently there are going to be a couple of Wal-Marts around the US that's going to be holding a special MvC3 Tournament soon.
Okay, So I went to my local Wal-Mart a couple of days ago, and I learned from an employee at the electronics department area that there will be a special tournament for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 the day before release. anyone who enters will have a chance to score a special tournament editition of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (It's just the standard Ver., only with a much Cooler cover page, in my opinion.) people who also enters the tournament will also gain capcom community points (trying to remember how much per entree), as well as a bigger amount going for the grand prize winner. So, if you want to have a look, go to your local Wal-Mart (most likely supercenter), and see if they are doing it (I know the one I go to is hosting one of these tournaments. After all, I live right next to it.) hopefully I could get a photo of the special cover in the coming days.
Leave your comments here, and don't be a Jimmy!
I went to Wal-Mart today and got the photos of the flyer and the special boxart cover. here they are:
Capcom has released this article on Friday:
By: Arthvader Feb 17, 2011 | 10 Comments
Rumors states two characters to join roster, (or just leftover code)
It seems that a hacker decided to look into the code for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and managed to find the names of one Frank West and Doctor Octopus. What could this mean? were Frank West and Doc Oc suppose to be in the overall roster, or will they appear as DLC in the future, or they simply wern't supposed to be there? I'll leave this story with an image of the screenshot of the code, as well as my sources.
Image of code:
Here's source # 1 (From Screwattack's Hard News):
Here's Source 2:
By: Arthvader Feb 23, 2012 | 5 Comments
Once again, I've come up with another potential team for the game. Read on to find out why I want to use this team.
After rummaging through the roster, I Just so happened to find myself another possible team to use. This time, I'll be talking about these two:
Juri Han from Super Street Fighter IV & Hwoarang from TekkenRead full story...
By: Arthvader Jun 20, 2011 | 10 Comments
I'm back with new pics from my latest convention. Metrocon 2011 from Florida.
Hey there everyone. I just recently got back from Tampa, where Metrocon was running during this past weekend. I had such a blast taking photos, I've decided to post them here for you all to see. It'll run on two slideshows:
Direct Link if you can's see these:
Tell me what you think by commenting on the bottom, and don't be a Jimmy!
By: Arthvader Apr 17, 2012 | 5 Comments
My thoughts on what I believe to be an awesome game. Achievements will be explained as well, and learn how to unlock the 10th color palette.
It's been almost a week since I've bought Skullgirls, and I have to say, I'm very impressed with how this game. For days I've been playing this game, getting to know more about the cast of characters, as well as knowing how the mechanics of the game works. To me, if feels like a mix of multiple fighting games, such as street fighter, the marvel vs. series, and the guilty gear series, all rolled up into one game. The roster is very unique, ranging from a grappler character that has a hat with giant arms, to a character that was based around 40s' or 50s' cartoons, to even a character that is pretty much an mixture of the entire cast.
Of the current roster, I have to say my favorite, and the one I'm planning to use the most, is none other than Valentine. Other than being a nurse, she is also a ninja. Plus, she reminds me of a lot of ninja characters I played with on other fighters, especially Chipp Zanuff from the Guilty Gear series, which is just about the reason why I immediately went ahead and started practicing with her. She has some very useful setups and moves, such as her poisons, which can cause passive damage, increase hit stun, or even cause input lag, a dash more similar to Chipp Zanuff's Alpha blade, to even a body bag Izuna Drop. The one thing that I could say about her that is even more unique is the ability to revive a dead teammate. This is a very useful technique, even if i need to save up a full set of meter.
I really do like the music that was put into the game. It was composed by none other than Michiru Yamane, the same person who composed the music for the majority of the Castlevania series, from Symphony of the Night and onward. At the same time, I really also like the art style used by Alex Ahab in this game. It gives off the vibe of an original, dark, deco world that I could appreciate.
And now, on to the Achievement Explanations:
- Sküllgirls - Graduation day has arrived at last! Mrs. Victoria's so proud of you
- How to unlock: This is unlocked by clearing the entire tutorial mode under training. pretty much self-explanatory.
- Treads of Fate - Follow all threads of fate to their inevitable conclusions.
- How to unlock: Pretty much self-explanatory as well. this will unlock as soon as you completed everyone's story mode. Do note that you'll gave to complete Filia, Cerebella, Ms. Fortune, Parasol, Painwheel, and Peackock's story to unlock Valentine's Story, and then beat Valentine's story to unlock Double's. Finish Double's Story to unlock the achievement.
- An Ensembled Cast - There may be no I in "team," but there is in "variety."
- How to unlock: this one requires setting up alot of custom assists. on the character select screen, when you select teams, after picking a character, you will be asked to pick an assist. select the third option, and make your own assist. it will take a while until the achievement unlocks. some people reported getting this achievement after anywhere between 7 - 50+ matches.
- Prolox - Words are fun - expand your vocabulary
- How to unlock: as you finish combos, you may notice a word under the number. There is a word for each number, and you will need to get around 60 - 80 words for this achievement to unlock.
- Real Circus Damage - And now, for the main attraction... Grappling!
- How to unlock: This is a character specific achievement involving Cerebella. the objective is to perform at least a total of 50 of her throws (regular, special, super). It doesn't need to be done in one match, as it keeps track of your overall progress.
- The Kitchen Sink - Throw everything at them, including...
How to unlock: This is Peacock's character specific achievement. to unlock this achievement, you will have to use her qcb+P move to drop all the object that she could drop. there are three tiers of items that could fall, depend on how long you hold the button in. Here's the list of the items she needs to drop:
No Charge Objects:
- Medicine Bottle
- Tea Cup
- Bowling Ball
- Flower Jar
- Bag of sand
1 ! Charge Objects:
- Spike Ball
- Yukkuri! (Animated head with Japanese speech bubble)
- Peacock Friend 1
- Peacock Friend 2
- Barrel (With turkey inside)
2 !! Charge Objects:
- Spike Balls Barrage
- Easter Island Moai
- Golden Monster Fridge
- Steam Roller
- No Charge Objects:
- Instant Hair Dash - Let your parasite feel the wind between his tendrils.
- How to unlock: This is Filia's character specific achievement. what you have to do is air-dash cancel out of her attacks around 60 times overall. pretty basic.
- Good Hunting, Commander - A good commander knows how to wield her forces effectively.
How to unlock: This is Parasol's character specific achievement. Your objective is to call on her egrets a total of 100 times, It doesn't matter which one you do, as it will all accumulate towards the achievement. here are the three commands:
- Egret Call (Hold Back, then press Forward + Light Kick)
- Egret Dive (Hold Back, then press Forward + Medium Kick)
- Egret Charge (Hold Back, then press Forward + Heavy Kick)
- Getting A Head In The Game - Sometimes you just need to relax and take the weight off your shoulders.
- How to unlock: This is Ms. Fortune's character specific achievement. All you have to do is have Ms. Fortune take her head off for a total of around a hour. this is accumulative across all matches. to take her head off, use her QCB + P move. If she was interrupted in the middle of her s.MP, s.HP, or c.HP, then her head will drop as well.
- Medical Board Will Be Notified - Your opponents aren't the only ones under the knife
- How to unlock: This is Valentine's character specific achievement. You will have to use her lvl. 5 super move (Forbidden Procedure: Rebirth Ex Machina) to revive your teammate, as well as hit your opponent at the exact same time, around 30 times. The command for the move is this: QCB + ( (MP + MK) or (HP + HK) )
- My Pain Will Be Visited Upon You - Sometimes you can take it, and sometimes you want to lash out.
- How to unlock: This is Painwheel's character specific achievement. the objective is to deal out alot of damage using Painwheel's Lvl.3 super (Hatred Install). By activating Hatred Install (QCB + PP), Painwheel will be able to perform counter attacks whenever she gets hit. the easiest way to get this achievement (at least the was I did it) was against Cerebella. With Cerebella, have her activate the Lvl. 3 super Diamonds are Forever (QCB + PP). Have Painwheel stay a distance from cerebella when she put her hand on the ground for the super. Painwheel, already with Hatred Install activated, have Painwheel charge s.HP. if timed right, Painwheel would have asorbed the stronger part of Cerbella's super, and inflict a lot of damage. Follow it up immediately with Painwheel's Lvl.1 super Death Crawl (QBF +PP), and the achievement would have unlocked after you deal enough damage.
- Toil and Trouble - A sesquidecemvir of seven simulacra synergizing simultaneously
How to unlock: despite the wierdness of the achievement description, this is Double's character specific achievement. What you need to do is pull of a combo that involves transforming into the entire cast. Here's a simple combo that can be done in the corner:
j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
- transformations in order in combo: Painwheel, Filia, Peacock, Cerebella, Parasol, Ms. Fortune, Valentine
- j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
Before I go, I would like to mention how to unlock the four extra color palettes. here they are in order:
- 7th color: Finish story mode (have to do it with each character for this color)
- 8th color: Finish Arcade mode (Just like with the the 7th color, you will have to clear it with each character to unlock this color. the good news: if you play arcade mode with a team, then all the characters that was on the team will have this color unlocked as well.)
- 9th color: Win 25-30 Versus matches (online or offline, or both combined) you will have to do this with each character for this color as well
- 10th color: This requires an old-school fighting game code. in the main menu, choose local versus. when you are on the controller screen (where you select what side you want to be on), Input this code: for the 360: Down, RB, Left, LB, Y, B. For the PS3: Down, R1, Left, L1, Square, X. you should see the message (New color palette available) appear. this will unlock the 10th color for the entire cast. Do note that the old-school code I'm relating to is the Same Character code that was used on Street Fighter II back on the SNES.
Tell me what you think of this story and guide? Vote, and leave your comments in the bottom. Don't be a Jimmy!!
Other Stories done by me:
By: Arthvader Feb 15, 2012 | 6 Comments
Back again with another team I would possibly use in the upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken game.
After I wrote my previous story about what characters I would use as a team in Street Fighter X Tekken, I figured I write another story dedicated to a possible second team. This time, I'll be talking about the following two characters:
Chun-Li from Street Fighter & Jin Kazama from TekkenRead full story...
By: Arthvader May 7, 2011 | 10 Comments
My prize just recently arrived and I would like to say my thanks.
After days of waiting, My package, Brought all the way from Las Vegas by Erik Schmidt (a.k.a. Goukijones) has arrived. Here's my photo of the prize (sorry it took me so long to get these photos just right, i mean with balancing the game on top of the figure box, preparing my cosplay...):
Read full story...
By: Arthvader Oct 15, 2010 | 10 Comments
Yeah, but to get them, follow the instructions here
For the rest of October, Microsoft is doing this promotion. if you spend at least (and i mean, least) 2400 Microsoft Points on XBLA games or game add-ons, then Microsoft is willing to give you 800 Microsoft Points for your effort. of you want to go with this promotion, do it as soon a you can. this promotion will last until the end of October. note that the reward might not get to you until around, or on, November 30.
From the official press release:
Summer of Arcade may be over, but the great deals on Marketplace just keep coming. During the month of October, spend 2400 Microsoft Points on Arcade games and/or game add-ons and you’ll get 800 Microsoft Points added to your membership as a thank-you gift. Spend your bonus points on anything you want—game add-ons, avatar accessories, or even another Arcade game!
Yep, that's Right. read this for info for the upcoming DLC for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
Okay, So I recently found out that Scott Pilgrim vs. The Wold will be coming out sometime next month. the DLC involve around two bonus mini-games, and a new playable character.
Okay, Bonus Mini-Game #1: Dodgeball
In this mode, There will be a large Volleyball on the field. The obejet of this game is to knock everyone out with the ball, and no, i don't mean one hit and they're out.
Next, Bonus Mini-Game #2: Battle Royale
You can treat this mode similar to a wrestling match. the object of this game is to win by either 1 of 2 methods: either knock you opponent out, or your opponent says out of the center ring for more that ten counts. of course, it wouldn't really be a battle royale without there being weapons outside the ring.
Finally, New Playable Character: Knives Chau
And yes, the one character that was one of the support characters you can use during the game (in fact, she's your first support character in the first place), actually becomes a playable character. Seeing as who she won't have herself as a support character, the developers decided that her support character would be none other than her very own mother.
As for the Price of the DLC, they say it'll be $1.99 on the PSN store, and 160 MSP in the Marketplace.
Leave your comments below.
By: Arthvader Feb 28, 2012 | 3 Comments
One of them is a trap. the other... well he uses a sword and has way too many costume changes. Find out why I would use these two as a team.
Once again, I managed to find another possible team to use. This time, I'll be talking about these two particular fighters:
Poison from Final Fight & Yoshimitsu from TekkenRead full story...
Trending Video Games
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
- Pokemon Sword And Shield
- Halo: Infinite
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Gears of War 5
- The Outer Worlds
- Xbox One X
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Fallout 76
- Marvel U.A. 3: The Black Order