On youtube mcknight9271 has created a song using only Balrog sound effects in the sf4 series. Says he put 3-4 hours into the beat and 10 hours into the video! It's called "I GOT PAID"
It really is amazing what this dude made, sounds like a legit jam. He said he might do one with c.viper, bison, cammy and chun-li. What do you guys think? Sounds like a actual DMX remix to me!
Check out his channel and many other remixes here http://www.youtube.com/user/mcknight9127
The first week of MVC3, I settled into a team of x-23, Magneto and Morrigan. Without knowing it, the team worked well in Unison. In the past couple of months I've switched out Morrigan for Wesker. Both characters have their own uses for the team.
First off, I'll go through how all the team members work out with each other and basic strengths, then I'll go into the Morrigan or Wesker comparison for who is overall better. I won't go into detail with combos, this is just a basic overview.
X-23 usually goes as my starting character. Fast rush down and multi-hit attacks work great in the start.
- Decent ground combo, air combo, then Wesker low assist on ground into Weapon X-Prime leaves the opponent in a spinning state. DHC-ing into Wesker's Rhino Charge resets the damage. After Rhino charge do low shot, crouching combo into launch combo. Using these 2 bars is enough to kill Sentinel (I use him a an example because of how annoying he is) and most characters in the game. Tanks like Hulk and Thor are left with a quarter health. She can use the same technique and DHC glitch into Mag's Tempest.
- During her combos, she has high mix-ups with H Mirage Feint. Calling Wesker low assist during these causes an un-block-able when timed correctly.
- Using Magneto's Disrupter assist to cover your M Mirage Feint can cross up opponents and ultimately helps you get in very fast.
- X-23's BnB combos ending with her Rage Trigger Super do great damage and are easy to score. Morrigans meter building assist a long with the amount of Meter both x-23 and Magneto build in their long combos, makes 5 meters extremely easy to get.
- She can also DHC her lvl 1's into Any of Weskers supers, Magnetos (Tempest only upon X-Prime) and all of Morrigan's.
Magneto is usually my second (sometimes first). His keep away game is good and his air-combos are amazing.
- Both Wesker and X-23 help magneto create tricky blocking situations and un-block-ables. While someone is blocking his low combo, he can call Wesker or X-23 low assist, and go into flight mode for an instant overhead.
- Another great tool for the low assist is doing ridiculous Magneto combos. Basic low combo into air combo, upon spiking them down, call one of the low assist and hyper grab, you can link this into super or relauch for another air combo, spike down, and do the same with the second assist. With enough meter, I usually end this with lvl 3. The hyper grab with these assist also allows a free snapback.
- With DHC'S, both of Mag's lvl 1's link with 23's lvl 1's, and Wesker's Phantom Dance AND his lvl 3! He can also DHC into Morrigan with full damage (if close enough). And anything can be DHC'd into gravity squeezes.
- Alone Magneto is a beast because of his flight cancel combos, L Disrupter and mobility.
Morrigan I feel has the strongest comeback factor (but lowest damage) and is usually last.
- Morrigan is last for her strong ability to put on high-low mix up pressure. Her Clone super a long with x-factor can be extremely confusing for people to deal with.
- While Morrigan does her multi hit high S attack, you can immediately start attacking low. If they are blocking low, I can call x-23 low assist and then air S while x23 hits low.
- Morrigan's fireballs are slow and her Flight Mode is as well. Mag's Disrupter assist is a great tool for helping her get in.
- Morrigan's air properties are a bit weird during her combos, but it is possible to get an extended combo with 23's low assist after air combo.
- She can flight cancel her fireballs ; 2 fireballs on screen at once. During her clone super, this makes 4 fireballs at once. Doing that a long with Magnetos beam assist causes TONS of frustration and damage, or lots of chip.
- All of Morrigan's supers DHC extremely well with her teammates. The Finishing Shower and Astral Servant both hold the enemies well enough for a full DHC to hit.
Wesker is also used as a last character because of the huge comeback factor. His damage is already amazing and in X-factor it is unbelievable. Also since Wesker has so many tools, he can handle comebacks well. But his explosive damage and command grab make him a great starter as well.
- After Wesker's Air combo, he can gunshot into Magneto assist, leading into another launch, then gun shot into 23 assist for a third launch. The scaling does get heavy, and the hit stun deterioration is noticeable, but this can be ended with another gunshot team super, x factor combo or air super.
- Firing your gun as Magneto shoots Disrupter, then immediately teleporting while the beam shoots can cause great confusion in your opponents.
- Only chip damage he has is the gun and Phantom Dance super. They both do very little chip, but the gun does a chunk in x-factor.
- Can DHC from Phantom Dance to Weapon X Prime but can be tricky but if y have a third member , this could lead into a awesome dhc reset depending on their super. Most of Wesker's DHC options miss, only do a little damage or take awkward timing.
- Low assist during block string into air teleport behind enemy for an overhead can be a bit tricky.
SOOOOOO, how do they do overall?
- Meter building assist is rape, especially since Magneto and X-23 can easily end very big combos with a super. Also having ton of meter towards the end and using Clone assist as much as possible with X-factor is a godlike way to make a comeback.
- Air S is one of the best anti- armor moves in the game.
- Flight Cancel combos create annoying fireballs, and make any unsafe move...safe :p
- Lvl 1's can be DHC'd into very well, more importantly her lvl 3 is EXTREMELY DHC friendly due to the awesome hit box and active frames.
- Has trouble getting in sometimes due to her extremely limited movement. But can keep you guessing with the options she has while flying.
- Attacks can be confusing and great block strings, but without an assist someone can get used to the mix ups.
- Command grab isn't comoable, but her back throw is...
- Air combos are a bit weak without flight cancels
- The strongest out of the team, way stronger than Morrigan. And most Health.
- Most versatility and tools. Combo-able command grabs, several wall bounce moves and amazing re-launch combos with assist.
- DHC's can be weird at times and lvl 3 dhc takes weird timing due to small hit box.
- Gun teleport combos can be tricky and create cross ups.
- Can't fly, but can teleport 3 times in the air before landing.
Overall, Wesker is a better character. But someone who has trouble with high-low mix ups, crazy fireball zoning and extremely long block strings can be destroyed easily by Morrigan. In the end, depending on the player I switch them in and out. Sometimes having both of them on the same team by taking out Magnus ;) 3 Things Morrigan definitely has over Wesker are zoning(his gun and teleports are fast but, someone who can fly and litter the screen with fireballs is more effective), ability to fly around and extremely fast moves that beat armor attacks a long with her her multi hit jumping S that rapes armor. The overkill power of Wesker in lvl 3 X-factor can kill most characters with counter super into abc launch combo easily and his speed is great.
Hope you enjoyed the read, maybe it helped you with some strategies. I wish I could show combos and strategies in a video but...I have no camera. Next time I'll go over my second team consisting of Ryu, Hulk and Shuma/Morrigan .
Not so new DLC coming to PSN and XBL for a low low price.
Remember the pre-order deals that were voted on for RDR? Golden Gun Pack, Assisin Outfit and War Horse will be available starting Tuesday April 12th for the awesome price of $0.99 / 80 MSP each!
The Deadly Assassin Outfit
John Marston's Deadly Assassin outfit causes your Dead Eye meter to regenerate at twice the speed. With more Dead Eye, you have more time to place each shot with total accuracy, making you the deadliest gunslinger in any fight.
The Golden Guns Weapon Pack
Available for use in the Red Dead Redemption Single Player story, the player who wields the Golden Guns receives more Fame for each kill. The more Fame you get, the more in-game side missions become available. So there will be more opportunities to duel, more kidnapped townsfolk to rescue and you can bribe lawmen for less.
The War Horse
There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the War Horse. Whether storming gang hideouts, exploring the wilderness for hidden treasure, or outrunning the law, the War Horse gives gunslingers an advantage in nearly every situation.
Any now you see why they are so cheap. This DLC is badass nice for someone who just started the game and wants some low priced bonuses, but for people who have been playing, this is easy to pass up. I'm not purchasing any of these, but some of you are. What do you think of it? Atleast they are still updating Red Dead Redemption. Leave a comment on what you think below.
Side Note: These were part of possible pre-order deals for RDR. Rockstar confirmed they will do the same for L.A Noire. But look how long RDR has been out until they made it DLC >_>
By: iorilamia Mar 24, 2011 | 4 Comments
A 3 part charity event to raise ¥ for Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami fund, also bonus news on upcoming game "Shadows of the Damned" and that secret game Grasshopper has been hinting at. (UPDATED- more info)
The event is titled "Grasstream 2 Travis VS. Garcia" and it will be held in Shinjuku Loft Plaza in Toyko. The event will be on March 30 from 19:30 to 21:45. With ticket prices at ¥1,500 in advance and ¥2,000 at the door , all money goes to The Red Cross reflief fund for Japan. So for the majority of us who won't be at the event, they are awesome enough to not only stream it, but have a second stream with ENGLISH commentary (live) ! The Grasshoper charity event will be split into 3 sections :
Part 1- Good Work, Travis! -NO MORE HEROES2 DESPERATE STRUGGLE:
- NMH Character Designer Yusuke Kozaki & Mechanical Designer Shigeto Koyama discuss NMH
- Scott Pilgrim vs. Travis Touchdown?!? Suda 51 on Edgar Wright’s latest film, “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World”
- No More Heroes acoustic set with GhM director and The Riot lead vocalist, Kazutoshi Iida
Part 2- Grasshopper’s Latest Game!
- New game announcement that they have been speaking of for a while. Could this be Travis and Garcia in the same twisted world? o.o
- Hands-on impressions from Vanilla Beans and model/gamer, Kayo Sato. New game announcement
- Vanilla Beans mini-concert ( for the win)
Part 3- Welcome, Garcia！ -Shadows of the Damned-
- Special chat with Suda 51, Akira Yamaoka, and a Special Guest! (Suda talks are always awesome)
- New trailer release
- Shadow of the Damned "events" in April
- Presents for those who attended, and special cocktails based on the games and chicken!
Also the event will be hosted by our favorite gaming "Trap" Kayo Sato a.k.a Kayo Police, and Rolling Uchizawa
English Stream here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/grasstream-2-travis-vs-garcia
Japanese stream here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/grasstream2-travis-vs-garcia
Will you be tuning in? Excited for what type of incredibly insane game they came up with or do you just want your daily dose of Kayo Police ;) Any No More Heroes fans in here stoked for a possible return of Travis Touchdown , because I am! Leave your comments below.
By: iorilamia Jul 20, 2011 | 8 Comments
We got news of 12 new characters for UMVC3 and videos of 4...could this leak of the last 8 be real?
Strider, Firebrand, Ghost Rider, and Hawkeye have been legitimately announced for UMVC3. Those are the 4 of the 12 new characters. apparently on the Capcom website there was an accidental leak of the last 8 fighters. I'm a bit skeptical because some do look like MVC3 art, but still a bit off and akward. Have a look at Doctor Strange, Frank West, Iron Fist, Nemesis, Nova, Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon and Vergil.
I can see all of these characters fitting well in the MVC3 world (Phoenix is a bit akward, but If Frank West can do it in TvC, anyone can!) Not too much of a RE fan, but Nemisis seemingly would be a fun character to play. Iron Fist is a total badass and would be a great addition too. What do you guys think? Any characters on here you wanted in or think should be booted off?
If someone didn't tell me it was fan-made, I would have thought Sony made it.
TreeFortProduction has uploaded a video that is amazing to say the least, called "Kids". It's a comercial for PS3 gaming involving children and teens being one with the game ; football player, soldier, person who can do flips etc. What makes the comercial so win is the fact that it looks like an official Sony comercial. The TreeFortProduction people did an outstanding job. check it out and leave a comment on what you think about it. Would you have thought of it to be fan-made?
Youtube account - http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeFortProduction
Director: Ben McCambridge
Producer: Jacob Kuehl
DP: Jeff Powers
Editor: Jacob Kuehl
VFX: Justin Winkler
By: iorilamia May 22, 2011 | 3 Comments
Real life Portal Turret!
Yes it is real! More ridiculously epic fan-made portal stuff has been made. This time it's one of those adorable turrets we are so familiar with. It has a legitimate motion sensor and sound bytes from the game, including the ending theme of Portal1. The original video and info is here http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanpalser/5724009217/in/photostream/
Luckily http://www.youtube.com/user/1242Jman has put up a Youtube version for easier viewing, enjoy!
Extremely impressive isn't it? The only downside to seeing these crazy fan-made wonders is the fact that they wouldn't be mass produced, and only the creator and maybe a close friend would have their hands on it. At least we can awe over it on the internet. Leave a comment on what you think about creations such as this.
My Wii will be usable again?!
Honestly I have sold off most of my Wii games and my mom uses it for Netflix while i randomly use it for playing GuiltyGear and Capcom vs Snk2 EO like once a month (and random TvC/brawl) Also I have't been into RPG's in like, years, but this game "The Last Story" seems like good stuff. Developed by Mistwalker, the people who brought you BlueDragon, Lost Oddysey and some other stuff.
Apparently the Release date is Janurary 27,2011 in JAPAN, America's release date isn't set yet. The game is single player AND online multiplayer( chance to use wii-speak besides on The Conduit?) So what do you guys think? I'm interested definately, IF the online play isn't fucked.
Enjoy these two trailer videos with gameplay and cutscenes from IGN Entertainment
7-11 made a boo-boo, but is it a good one?
In my previous story, 7-11 had a special killzone 3 slurpee. Buying this gets you points to spend on DLC. If you didn't pre-order the game or get a special edition, buying slurpees is cheaper than how much the DLC costs on PSN. But 7-11 made a mistake.
4 slurpee points gets you three unlock points.
"Get the early edge in KZ3™ with 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice. Just don’t pick the spork, that would be a real waste." - From slurpee site.
Numerous complaints on the site state that you get 24 hour double EXP instead. Wait what? Thats fucking AWESOME! Basically buying a medium sized slurpee and grinding killzone on the weekend will get you way more than 3 unlock points. Unless you are lazy/suck, then the 3 unlock points would be better for you. Don't know if they will change it back to unlock points, or just correct the info, but take advantage of this while you can...if anyone on gouki.com plays Killzone,lol
The other errors going on are confirmation. Some people get emails right away, some get them days later, some get an email saying " your item will be recieved in 2 weeks" and get it 2 days later (for those who wanted psHOME clothes). People who wanted a Slurpee Machine in their psHome are having major code delays in general. Majority of people have had to send in emails with their info to Slurpee to get correct confirmation. The slurpee system is working, but it is really sketchy, hope this heads up helped you guys who are interested.
Xbox users rejoice, a win game is coming your way.
PC game Dungeon Fighter Arad Senki is an action-adventure RPG with a oldschool arcade feel. Theres several different classes you choose with skill building and special attributes. Besides the obvious co-op dungeon crawling, the game has a pretty sweet PvP system. Nexon Korea announced they are making an xbox live version of it, that will be the same as the pc version! Yes it will be available in America, no release date yet but this is definately something to keep your eyes on towards the end of this year.
Besides being an AMAZING pc game, it also spun off into a badassnice anime called " Slap-Up Party Arad Senki" which loosely followed the game, but ended up having its own great and entertaining story. If you guys rather play games on xboxlive, your day will come. Or if you are new to the game and want to check out the pc version, go here http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/
Have any of you played Dungeon Fighter Online or watched Slap-Up Party? I loved both of them! No pricing details on the 360 version, would they price it even though the game is free online? It's an Item Mall type game aswell, that would milk out lots of xboxlive points if they go that route ;) Leave your commnets and thoughts below, don't be a jimmy.
Heres one of the old trailers, to give you a glimspe of the game, uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/machinima
By: iorilamia May 21, 2011 | 7 Comments
See the comparison of the in-game characters vs the actors used.
L.A Noire' big whoop are the faces. I've been playing the game and the incredibly realistic facial expressions really do enhance the experience. A few of the characters might have seemed familiar from TV shows or movies. Check out the facial comparison between the game characters and the actual actors.
Aaron Staton (From Mad Men) - Cole Phelps
Erika Heynatz (America's Next Top Model) – Elsa Lichtman
Brian Krause (Mad Men) – Grocery Store Manager
William Charlton (The Shield) – Marlon Hopgood
Michael Bofshever (Bruce Almighty) – Ivan Rasic
William O’Leary (Home Improvement) – Frank Morgan
Patrick Fischler (Oldschool) - Mickey Cohen
Andrew Connolly (Guiltrip) – Captain James Donnelly
Keith Szarabajka (The Dark Knight) – Herschel Biggs
John Nobel (Lord of the Rings and Fringe) – Leland Monroe
Adam Harrington (Dexter) – Roy Earle
Sean McGowan (End of the Spear) – Stephan Bekowsky
Jack Impellizzeri (Two guys, a girl and a Pizza Place) – Floyd Rose
Larry Clarke (The Informant) – Adrian Black
Michael McGrady (CSI:Miami) – Rusty Galloway
Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Startreck, Hollow Man)
Now these aren't all of them (L.A Noire had am impressive cast) but here are some of the more famous people in-game. They did a great job transferirng it to a game. Which are your favorites and most realistic out of all of these? Cole, Marlon, Ivan and Grocer Store guy are amazing. You can't tell in the pic but in-game Roy Earle REALLY looks like Adam Harrington. Leave a comment on what you think about these.
By: iorilamia May 16, 2011 | 6 Comments
New Catherine video released by Atlus, "Are You Committed?" uses fan-submitted answers and a peek at the voice actors performance.
New Atlus video "Are You Committed" doesn't show anything new for the upcoming adult game Catherine. But it does raise some interesting questions about how fans feel about their relationships. Also, we get to hear Vincent, Catherine and Jonathan's voice actors at work. I was afraid of how it would turn about (because the JP voices were so good!) , but the English ones turned out very well. Enjoy the video below .
Personally I can't wait to get married. Do you agree or disagree with some of the people in the video? Leave a comment on what you think and if that's too personal, leave a comment on the voice work/ story :D
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlusUSA
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Marvel's Avengers
- Rage 2
- Street Fighter IV
- Death Stranding
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Fallout 76
- Mortal Kombat 11