Rejected joke characters with some clever move lists and description.
On Dorkly.com they came up with a funny "6 Rejected Characters" list of MvC3. They include Morph from X-men, Tofu from Resident Evil 2, Aunt May Spiderman, Dustman from Megaman, Stanlee and Scrooge McDUCK! What makes it so hilarious are the movelists and character description, Aunt May is priceless. Take a peak at a couple of the pics below and follow the source for more :D
By: iorilamia Feb 22, 2011 | 10 Comments
Bulletstorm doesn't suck so much afterall! DLC announced and it is sounding gooooood.
First off, theirs already day 1 dlc which is called Standard Online Pass for $9.99/800 MSP, it gives you 6 bonus Echo levels (we ended up getting this a long with pre-order bonus ;D )
Screw Echo thats lame, the fun comes this SPRING! With the Gun Sonata pack for the same price. This DLC pack comes with much more though.
THREE new maps for Anarchy multiplayer mode, Sewers of Stygia, Hotel Elysium, and the Villa.
Two new Echo maps, Crash Site and Guns of Stygia (mehhhhh, gonna be a while before I could give a damn about this game-mode)
And two new Leash colors, Flamingo and Pulp. I'm guessing pink and orange? PINK LEASH SOUNDS AWESOME! Maybe they will have a different function aswell. (customizing your characters clothes a long with gun and leash are actually a nice touch in multiplayer)
Once again, this pack will be released this Spring for 800 msp/$9.99 on XBL and PSN.
-On a side note, a site listed a Royal leash will be EA store only and another dlc leash would be called Obsidian, it also lists the bonus leashes we got from playing demo and having day 1 DLC/limited edition, check it out here jimmy's-----http://game.downloadatoz.com/tutorial,9329,leash-colors-of-bulletstorm-guide.html
So what do you guys think of the DLC? I think it's worth it if you are into all the game modes...maybe $7.99 would feel a bit more reasonable, but since I strongly dislike Echo ( I might grow to like it) it feels like a $5 DLC for me. Leave your commnets below on what you think, jimmy!
Source: http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/115/1151288p1.html and looking at PSN to see Standard Pass.
From the Bethesda blog, title update patches and such.
Today PS3 players in North America and European areas can download the latest game update for Fallout: New Vegas. "Update 1.02" . This update will be available on Xbox 360 and Steam early next week.
Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
Fix: DLC error/save corruption
Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
Crafting menu now filters valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
Weathered pistol no longer glitches when applying mods
- more to come-
In addition, this patch addresses issues with the following areas:
Pip-Boy Interface Pre-Order DLC Items Reputation System Radio Stations Companion fixes Companion Quests Repair Menu Caravan Weapons and Weapon Mods Hardcore Mode Perks Skills Crafting Recipes Crafting Menu Mojave Express Chems/Addiction Doctors Vendors And fixes for the following quests:
Ain’t That a Kick in the Head
By a Campfire
on The Trail
They Went That-a-Way
My Kind of Town
Boulder City Showdown
Ring a Ding Ding!
For The Republic, Part 2
Render Unto Caesar
Et Tumor, Brute?
The House Always Wins
Beyond the Beef
How Little We Know
Oh My Papa
Still In The Dark
You’ll Know It When It Happens
Veni, Vidi, Vici
All or Nothing
No Gods, No Masters
Birds of a Feather
I Put A Spell On you
Come Fly With Me
That Lucky Old Sun
Don’t Make a Beggar of Me
The White Wash
Bleed Me Dry
Aba Daba Honeymoon
Tend To Your Business
Wang Dang Atomic Tango
Flags of Our Foul-Ups
Left My Heart
Someone To Watch Over
Me Hard Luck Blues
-once you’ve updated the game, you can confirm it’s been installed by going to the Title Screen>Settings>Display. In the lower left corner you should see Version 18.104.22.1680 in the lower left-hand corner-
By: iorilamia Mar 22, 2011 | 7 Comments
Short pre-order promotion video from Gamestop.
Comcial pre-order comercial with a special scene between Mileena and Scorpion. I personally think her classic skin is cooler, while I enjoy Scorpions newer look more. After seeing them in motion, what do you think about them? Leave a coment below
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEBurn
Pre-Order Mortal Kombat right now and get this exclusive DLC from Gamestop.com.
By: iorilamia May 21, 2011 | 7 Comments
See the comparison of the in-game characters vs the actors used.
L.A Noire' big whoop are the faces. I've been playing the game and the incredibly realistic facial expressions really do enhance the experience. A few of the characters might have seemed familiar from TV shows or movies. Check out the facial comparison between the game characters and the actual actors.
Aaron Staton (From Mad Men) - Cole Phelps
Erika Heynatz (America's Next Top Model) – Elsa Lichtman
Brian Krause (Mad Men) – Grocery Store Manager
William Charlton (The Shield) – Marlon Hopgood
Michael Bofshever (Bruce Almighty) – Ivan Rasic
William O’Leary (Home Improvement) – Frank Morgan
Patrick Fischler (Oldschool) - Mickey Cohen
Andrew Connolly (Guiltrip) – Captain James Donnelly
Keith Szarabajka (The Dark Knight) – Herschel Biggs
John Nobel (Lord of the Rings and Fringe) – Leland Monroe
Adam Harrington (Dexter) – Roy Earle
Sean McGowan (End of the Spear) – Stephan Bekowsky
Jack Impellizzeri (Two guys, a girl and a Pizza Place) – Floyd Rose
Larry Clarke (The Informant) – Adrian Black
Michael McGrady (CSI:Miami) – Rusty Galloway
Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Startreck, Hollow Man)
Now these aren't all of them (L.A Noire had am impressive cast) but here are some of the more famous people in-game. They did a great job transferirng it to a game. Which are your favorites and most realistic out of all of these? Cole, Marlon, Ivan and Grocer Store guy are amazing. You can't tell in the pic but in-game Roy Earle REALLY looks like Adam Harrington. Leave a comment on what you think about these.
An opinion on who are in the top 5 and why.
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been out for a good enough time to see who are the extremely powerful and well-rounded characters. I've been thinking, if there was a tier list, who would be in the top 5? I came up with a list, but it is in no particular order. I feel that these 5 characters are all pretty close to each other in some way, being able to tear each other apart X-Factor or not. I'll be going over the strengths that lead me to believe they are the best and the few weaknesses. Keep in mind it is an opinion and I'd love to hear what you have to think about it.
- Best Teleport in the game. Basically instant, can use in 3 directions on ground and air.
- Amazing fireball game. Can be used as offensive, mix-ups with teleport and extremely annoying keep-away with her H fireball in flight mode.
- Her Trap is powerful and annoying. It moves fast, can have more than one out and it can set up for combos and mix-ups with the teleport.
- Great physical combos including her own in air re-launch combo and a overhead you can combo in and out of!
- Has flight mode
- Amazing Supers. Phoenix Rage has great priority, travels full screen at a fast speed and causes wall bounce for DHC combos or Trap combos. Healing Sphere helps desperately with regaining the load of damage she takes from chip. (Red Life)
- Dark Phoenix (Dying with 5 meters) increases her speed and offense. Regular Phoenix is already an extremely tough character to deal with. Dark form makes all of her normals and fireballs hyper-active and extremely hard to dodge. More chip damage as well.
- Dark Phoenix mode also effects her assist, making her Tk Shot one of the best projectile assists.
- Lowest health in the game. Healing Sphere is nice but that only works when opponent is inside. Many Phoenix players die to chip damage when opponent has enough meter. Also people are so focused on Dark Phoenix, that they don't use their meter, handicapping them from finishing combos.
- One of the best rush down characters and with the right assist, it is inevitable for him to get in and open you up
- Beserker Barage, Drill claw , dive kick and Beserker slash are extremely strong, fast and great priority moves. Being able to drill claw in multi directions, cross up with Beserker slash and dive kick into combos makes wolverine extremely versatile in his offense, leaving him with few bad positions during the tides of battle.
- His hyper Fatal Claw can be done in air or ground. Wolverines BnB re-launch combo into this super EASILY does over 40% on most characters. Also his Beserker Barage X and lvl 3 Weapon X are very easy to hit-confirm into.
- Wolverine has fast normals and a very fast dash.
- Already being a in-your-face type, it is ridiculous that he has a speed-up super; Beserker Charge. It only lasts 5 seconds but helps extend combos and make him more figity and faster than before (In movement and attacks)
- Has a OTG slide, with the right assist this extends his already simple yet damaging combos even more.
- Has a wall-jump when cornered
- Wolverine has good health and some of the best offense and supers in the game. The only disadvantage he has is no projectiles. But Wolverine has so many angles and quick ways to get in, that it doesn't matter. In the end it is up to the player, but for the most part Wolverine is unstoppable.
- Has one of the best damage outputs during X-factor (And very strong without it)
- Can teleport in directions on ground and air. While in air can teleport 3 times before hitting ground.
- Has single-shot gun that does great damage and has good hit stun.
- Can create amazing mix-ups with gunshots followed by teleports and assists
- Can combo after Counter super
- OTG gunshot creates huge team combos whether he is on point or assist
- Has 3 different command grabs, 1 leads into air combo, the other OTG combo
- Great keep away game and really good normals ; can fight either way
- Has 3 counter moves that can be comboed after
- Rhino Charge into low gunshot combo is ridiculously damaging for DHC glitch
- Extremely well rounded character who has almost everything
- Similar to Wolverine, it i hard to say. He can utilize 4 different counters and 3 command grabs vs rush-down types, and can play keep away and do mix ups on projectile spammers. Where Wesker leaves himself open is the air teleports. Air Teleport L and M have slow recovery and are punishable (if your opponent can reach you)
- Aim Master is an amazing projectile. He can shoot forward, diagonal or upwards while on the ground. And in the air can shoot down (OTG leading into super), forward and diagonal. These arrows are multi-hit and very fast, also leading into hit confirm super. This makes Taskmasters keep away extremely annoying.
- Has good reach with his sword and un-bloackable combos that don't need an assist!!!
- Charging star is fast and can go through some projectiles
- Web Swing is simply insane. Taskmasters solo combos are extremely dragged out with this, and can still end in Super.
- Has a counter super and counter move (not combo-able)
- Task is another very well rounded character. Great offense, great keep away and has counters to boot.
- Arrow super is awesome for DHC due to its changed directions
- None really. The web swing is very throw-able, but people don't usually try because if you screw up, you get hit with a easy 50%+ combo. Taskmaster is one of the most solid characters.
5. TRON or ZERO?
I could have easily made a top 6, but top 5 sounds cooler, and makes me think even harder. But in the end I couldn't come to a decsision to pick Zero or Tron. Here is a look at the two, I will let the Gouki members decide. Or maybe you rather have both of them and take someone else out?
- One of the highest HP
- Ridiculous combo-ability. High damage and awesome meter building for a tank character
- Jumping S is extremely annoying and effective. Does great damage, has active frames the ENTIRE time and causes ground bounce.
- Bone Strike is a great get-in move , can be used in air and combos very well
- Has a command grab
- lvl 3 is a command grab
- Both lvl 1 supers are great for DHC and combos well into them by herself
- A long with her already godlike combos, can be extended with the right assist to nearly kill everyone in the game
- Gustaff Fire is one of the best assist in the game. Crazy invinciblity and comes out very fast.
- Her projectile is poor and her only real means of getting in are jumping S and Bone Strike. Once you get around those her mobility to decent, but she has a bigger hit box than most, so she gets bullied a bit. Smart keep away can keep her at bay.
- Zero has some of the best normals in the game. A long with great reach and priority, the Shipugga makes it so much better. Great vs super-armor characters as well.
- Charged Buster is amazing. Zero can instantly let it go at any moment, when it is lvl 3 and he is airborne, it leads into a combo.
- Has a decent SRK
- Hadangeki is a great projectile as well
- Sentsuizan is an amazing air strike that is combo-able and lightning fast. He also has a fake version, confusing opponents.
- Raikousen is another fast air combo-able move.
- His teleport makes things very tricky. It is fast and has great recovery. with the right assist you can make effective cross-ups, and in the air he can attack afterwards.
- The clone super makes his already beastly offense even more fearsome, allowing him to do extremely damaging combos. Can also 100% kill everyone(?) when used in DHC glitch with the right combos.
- One of the few lvl 3's in the game that isnt a full cinamatic, giving it better combo-ability.
- Amazing back dash and very long forward dash. Mixed in with his teleports and high prioritized multi-hit normals, his footsies are great.
- Has a OTG super.
- Like most of the people on this list. None. The only downside to playing Zero is his low HP (not as bad as Phoenix though :p)
And that is my top "5". Please add your insight to who you think should be or not be on the list, how would you alter it? I till can't decide on Tron or Zero, both of them are so beast. Or maybe you don't agree on some of the stuff ; this is opinionated. Leave a comment below and if you didn't know, my PSN is iorilamia ;D
By: iorilamia Feb 20, 2011 | 9 Comments
Best Atlus game to date? Atlus has brought us such games as Shin Megami Tensei series(a personal favorite) and Persona, how does this new title stack up? Check it out.
Been following Catherine for a while, it finally came out (Japan release only, other release TBA) Feb 17nth. Basically you play as a guy named Vincent who meets a hot chick named Catherine and you have insane nightmares of getting killed and stuff. During the day you chill with your bros and talk about hoes, trying to find out what the hell is happening in the dream world a long with real life coincidences.
In the Nightmare world you climb and pull out blocks to make a pretty fun platforming experince while other things like traps and monsters try to keep you from your path. Also in this world you can collect coins to use on items. Your actions such as how you text people and what you do in the platforming levels change the outcome of your character and the route of the game. Without further ado check out these gameplay clips to get a nice feel or why this game is win-sauce. Check out official site here http://cathy.atlus.co.jp/ (source)
Heres 2 trailers uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/slaughterking
Also on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/TokyoDomeSF4 has been bro enough to upload the full game a long with ENGLISH commentary, gives you a better idea of whats going on, he fills in some of the dialouge.
With impatiency rising and no real release date for American version, my friend is going to import it (not sure when), will give you hands-on info when I can :D So what do you guys think of this game? Want it in the U.S?
PlayStation Plus is $50 a year, but what exactly do you get? Iorilamia explores PS+ DLC, specials and the value that it carries.
PlayStation Plus is 3 months for $17.99 or one year for $49.99. Doesn't seem too bad, you can imagine you're paying for something like XBL. Here are the cool perks you get. Or don't get ...
Each Month/Week- Free PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. Dynamic Themes, avatars and add-ons (basically dlc)
Sucks because, Usually the PS1 games are crap games you most likely didn't play or want to play. Mini's are short-term games you would play on your cell phone usually . Free PSN games are basically games that are about $2-$15 for regular users and suck most of the time. The add-ons are mainly for random games you most likely don't have, and it's not always free. Avatars and themes...cool. Also the games are not their forever. One decent discount/free game can be up for a week, and the next few months will be complete trash games. And wtf, ps1 games are cool but they are backward compatible, the latest version of ps3 can only play like 10% of ps2 games, those should be what they are giving you.
You do get to try demos before regular users do and you get discounts on psn games.
Here is why I hate PS+ the most. Once you stop paying for it, you loose everything except avatars and themes (the lamest part of PS+...) I don't get it. You get "free" games you just paid 50 bucks for and they are all complete ASS, since you think your getting a good deal you go download and discount buying happy over thins you normally would never buy and if you don't keep paying, you loose the few games you actually did enjoy. Heres the thing, if you re-start your subscription, you get all your stuff back. I want you to keep your eye on PS+ deals (because they can be nice sometimes) Along with the PSN weekly Tuesday update, IGN covers all the deals for you.
What do you guys think about PS+? Have you tried it? Do the games sound appealing to you?
The reason I did not buy it: because I was following IGN's updates for a while to see if it was for me...most of the "free" games your getting are only worth a few bucks and aren't something I would spend time playing. Most not all. So in the end it would be a waste of money for me, especially since I don't care about themes,avatars or demos for games I'd never buy. Not being able to keep games is stupid. Also I have a few friends with it, after I saw a lot of the junk they downloaded I was further convinced into not caring about PS+. Flush it!
And now Cinderkin, the internet explodes.
By: iorilamia May 29, 2011 | 17 Comments
Playstation blog will show the entire E3 Playstation Press conference AND gives you a chance to win a 3-day E3 Pass.
E3 is near and Sony has big news. Starting June 6th, for the first time the entire Sony press conference will be live streamed on the Playstation Blog! On top of that, they will have a special booth with developers with interviews, demos and a chat system for us to ask questions as well.
Also there is a chance to win a 3-day pass it E3! Sony has over one hundred of these passes and to win it you simply take a short online quiz found here- https://playstation.wufoo.com/forms/e3-event-registration-form/ .A bit weird since millions of people will try this and the "quiz" consists of a "Give us a reason why you should win a ticket" answer and a few questions but it's worth a shot.
UPDATE from Playstation Blog:
"UPDATE: We’ve got several hundred more entries than we’ve got spots open, so we’re cutting off the entries now. We’ll grade the papers over the next few days and contact winners by email. Thanks for entering!"
I'm content with watching cool new stuff Sony will unveil live and people answering questions from some of us at home. Will any of you be tuning in?
Minecraft Mods are a big thing. Recently stumbled across a Portal Mod, check it out!
Yup, a Portal mod has been made and it is sweet. Minecraft user carlotta4th has made a texture pack that mimics the Enrichment Center of Portal. Yes you will find Glados, Companion cubes and adorable turrets. There are 2 packs: Precisely Portal and Modified Portal.
Precicely Portal keeps many things to the true Portal feel, but apparently makes it hard to play Minecraft on, while Modified still keeps a big Minecraft feel and look to the game. Thread with mods here http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=171644
Heres a preview uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/koriplays
The Portal Gun is a seperate mod found here http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=215961 by minecrafter iChun
Anyone Minecrafters here on Gouki? I recently got into it and seeing this Portal mod makes it so much better. Any of you try it before? Leave a comment on what you think, don't be a jimmy.
In this new Kinect brawler, you are the super hero.
For the most part, the trailer is cheese. Then it shows some gameplay at the end that looks cheese, but the concept behind it all seems very fun. You play as people with super powers/suits and do battle with Kinect. Check out the video below and leave a comment on what you think, does the game seem fun? Don't be a jimmy.
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaProtocol360
Game will be available in June. Here's some information from the youtube video description.
" Players control each move in combat by using their entire body to launch projectiles, dodge strikes and counter deadly attacks. Players can unleash super assaults on their opponents in a two-player cosmic showdown online. Additional modes include local two-player versus and four-player tournament.
Players use their unique Xbox 360 avatars to create custom playable superheroes in the game and prepare their avatar for battle by infusing their super suit with deadly powers and special abilities. After the player's character destroys an enemy in battle, they will strip them of the super suit and wield their power for their next battle. There are 20 super suits to collect including the mighty Necromancer suit which allows the player to control a horde of skeletons, and the Mentalist suit that gives the player the ability to break into their enemy's mind. "
By: iorilamia Mar 28, 2011 | 5 Comments
Indie Stone Studios has an intriguing game in the works that me be the most in-depth zombie game you have heard of.
The game is still in works, you can pre-order it / donate for $8 or more and receive free updates forever, awesome. Anyways, heres some stuff planned/ being worked on features.
You will be able to play on browser or stand-alone game itself . A full body dmg system will be implemented, example would be jumping out of a window will break your leg....you won't get far. Different zombies are affected different ways, sight, smell, sound which also ties into the games real-time feature, which changes how you will deal with certain zombies at different times of the day. Character are effected by almost anything. Hunger, insanity, a scratch that may slowly transform you.
What really caught my eye was how zombie bodies don't just dissapear. Mounds of bodies may mentally effect you or your teamates or slowly disease you, burying them can take a long time...and burning them lets people...or zombies know where you are. Multiplayer ofcourse is neccesary . Need to keep eachother safe, barracade buildins and store your items. But you never know if one of them may "turn" And ofcourse the game has crafting and stat building! Learn to fight zombies better, build shit, and treat wounds.
A short video was uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/lemmy103 , it's not much since the game is still developing, but it's something!
So what do you think so far? This is only some of the many things being worked on in the game, check out the blogs below for all the info and more pics. The game seems like it could keep my attention for a while, plenty of ninfty features. Leave a comment below on your thoughts.
[UPDATED] Mar 29, 8:19 AM
In a recent interview , the developers stated the game isn't a MMO. That gaming news sources just started calling it that. They did say the multiplayer is up to 8 players (so far) and that every building/house/school/hospital can be entered.
Trending Video Games
- Gears of War 5
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Halo: Infinite
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Xbox One X
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
- Fallout 76
- Death Stranding
- Rage 2