By: goukijones Jan 25, 2011 | 19 Comments
Last Sunday Cinderkin from Team Gouki put together a little friendly throwdown. Check out these videos with commentary.
FnJimmy VS Cinderkin
0:57 BatRastered VS xXMarcstaRXx
1:48 Cinderkin VS goukijones
Read full story...
By: Cinderkin Dec 3, 2010 | 19 Comments
Capcom has introduced a new trailer for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, with 2 new challengers entering the ring. Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma! Check it out!
With the leaked images of the achievement tiles from last week it was rumored that we would get Arcade Edition DLC in the future, now it looks to be true! I can't wait!
By: Cinderkin Dec 3, 2010 | 13 Comments
Have you ever wondered if the top ranked player on the Xbox Live Leaderboard for Super Street Fighter 4 was legit? Well I've always suspected cheating, and now there is video proof. Check it out!
I'm a huge fan of Super Street Fighter 4. It is one of the most well balanced fighting games to date. No character (maybe Hakan) is worthless in this game. Which is why I play it so much, and never get tired of it. I've checked out the leaderboards before to find replays of some of the best players in the world. Players such as Diago, Gamerbee, Gootecks, Mike Ross, Justin Wong, Sako, Marn, Tokido, and YHC Mochi among others. But I've always noticed a few players with exceptionally high PP, over 7k to be precise. Anyway aMasahitolkeda6 has been exposed for cheating (boosting) PP to become number 1 on the leaderboard.
Now why would you upload your replays to the SSF4 channel if you've been cheating? Sad really. Check it out!
Don't be a Jimmy like aMasahitolkeda6!
Cinderkin couldn't pass up a chance to fight one of the world's best Street Fighter players at CES. 1 on 1, for the first time ever. From CES 2011 in the Mad Catz booth. Justin Wong VS Cinderkin.
This Epic battle for the number 1 seed at CES 2011 features Justin Wong playing as T. Hawk and the Gouki.com seven footer Cinderkin playing as Ken. Something unique about this video is that the public has rarely seen Justin Wong play as T. Hawk. So check it out, exclusive video. Special thanks again to Justin Wong and EG MaRN for spending time with us.
By: Cinderkin Jan 18, 2011 | 24 Comments
Wanna come play Super Street Fighter 4 with the Gouki.com crew? Well now you can. Every Sunday Team Gouki will get together and play SSF4 with the Gouki.com users. Be apart of our weekly fun.
Super Street Fighter 4
Sunday 8 pm–11pm PST
Endless Battle, Team Battle, Tournament Mode
Xbox 360 (PS3 coming soon)
Who Can Join:
Any Gouki.com Member
Come join Team Gouki in a friendly night of Street Fighter. We play for fun on Sunday Nights so feel free to invite your friends to play, and if you feel like you aren’t good at the game don’t worry. FNJimmy will be there. We don’t just play the traditional endless battle either. We do things like 1 round endless, no hud matches, all random, and more. Team battles and Tournament Mode will be played as well. So come and join Team Gouki every Sunday.
We start at 8pm and end at 11pm. Just pick a time and that works for you and come join us. Be sure to add Cinderkin to your friends list and send me a message saying you’re playing Sunday. Don’t be a Jimmy! See you Sunday!
Tell your friends, and use those share buttons.
By: Cinderkin Nov 27, 2010 | 24 Comments
Although not officially confirmed, it looks like Capcom is making the right decision to add the SSF4 Arcade Edition content on consoles. The new achievement tiles show Yun and Yang, and maybe even Evil Ryu. Check it out!
[Editor's note] This is big news if this is true. I've read the source of this story and it is a little unclear to me what exactly is going on. If this is true it does mean there is a huge update coming to the consoles with possibly 4 new characters. I'm thrilled that the idea of DLC characters might be in our future because that will unlock other options with DLC and bonus characters as well. Take a look at the pictures below and even follow the source. Hard for me to say right now what these images actually mean. We'll have to wait and see what Capcom says officially this week. Thanks for sharing Cinderkin.Read full story...
Combonauts is back with part 3 of his Zero Damage Combo Videos. Be sure to check it out! Links to part 1 and 2 available as well.
If you missed part 1 and 2 or just want to see them again, you can check them out here.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Desk the guy who brought you countless combo videos and world record attempts with Chun-Li is back. This time it features Akuma doing some amazing combos. Check it out!
Desk offered up these notes on the clip.
In Super Street Fighter IV, the start-up of Akuma's st. RH was increased in order to stop his Vanilla SFIV loop [st. jab, st. RH] repeat.
Under normal circumstances it isn't actually possible to combo into the st. RH. Every instance of it happening in this video is after a jab that cunningly avoids it's first active frame (i.e. it connects 'meaty').
Extra effort was made to avoid using training mode, in fact one of the combos in this video is actually impossible in training mode. Also, I have attempted to demonstrate the wide variety of characters on which Akuma can loop his st. RH.
What do you think of this combo video? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Source: Desk's Youtube Channel
By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
Who will come out on top? Apparently Batrastered... Booze, Fight Sticks, White Chicks, Cornbread, and the VGAs. SSF4 couldn't have gone any better lol.
So most of you saw the VGAs last night, and if you’re a real gamer then you probably came to the same conclusion as I did. 1 it was garbage, and 2 it was straight trash. There was nothing good about the VGAs, oh wait! A game is coming out in 2013! Who the hell cares right now? Where was my Batman gameplay or something substantial? Ok Uncharted 3 was nice to look at I guess.
The only good thing to come out of last night was playing Super Street Fighter 4 with Gouki Jones and Batrastered. Gouki Jones (hammered and stumbling everywhere) is God Tier and Batrastered (Who had 10x better jokes than anything at the VGAs) is Super Ultra Combo God Tier. Then there is me (with a Fight Stick, Controller, and Alcohol) being Scrub 101.
So after the disgrace that is the VGAs we decided to play some Super. Both Jimmys brought out the TE Round 1 Sticks. I was still willing to use that Jimmy Ass Stick. Anyway after getting everything set up it was time to see who was number 1.
Now if you've ever seen me on Xbox Live you'd see that 90% of the time I'm playing Super Street Fighter 4. You'd think that would mean I'm pretty good at the game. Well last night I was so bad even Hakan would have ranked a Tier or 9 higher than me.
1st match me (Hakan) vs Bat (Guile) I think I hit him about 2 times the entire match
2nd match Jones (Cammy) vs Bat (Guile) I felt like I was watching an episode of DBZ. These 2 were flying across the screen so fast I couldn't believe it. I think I saw like 7 Ultras in 1 round. Is that even possible?
3rd match me (Adon) vs Bat (Guile) I think I landed 2 Rising Jaguars and that was it.
Can you see a pattern here? Bat was cleaning house with his Guile Air Grabs, and Sonic Flash Boom Kicks (Jimmy Hacks) and even threw in a little Bison 101 gameplay.
Gouki Jones Loves his Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Dudley, and Bat wanted some Alpha 2 and 3 action. Neither was present and we continued on with SSF4. After Bat reached 10-0 I decided to unplug the Fight Stick Jimmy and I was using and switched over to the 360 Controller. Jones and I both prefer it, and to my surprise the Bat had a Brand Spanking New Controller. The damn thing was so stiff and unbroken into that I couldn't land any combos successfully.
It was a Batrastered Massacre and he was even picking Random here and there. It looked bad for Jones and I. Jimmy Hacks are no joke.
Batrastered was the Champ last night and I want a rematch. Jones was railed by the alcohol (Jimmy Juice can kill) and I was a disgrace to any Street Fighter except for Birdie.
Moral of the Story Jimmys. Don't drink and drive, don’t watch the VGAs next year, don't mix alcohol with fruit loops and cornbread, and if Batrastered is on a roll, spike his drink with Nyquil....
Until Next Time Jimmys!
By: Cinderkin Dec 4, 2010 | 10 Comments
Desk well known for his max combo Chun-Li videos of over 100 hits. Now he has gone on to conquer the Twin Galaxies Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Mode High Score. It's pretty impressive and also entertaining. Check it out!
Here's what Desk had to say about the project.
Current World Records:
Xbox 360: 2,014,700
PlayStation 3: 1,119,600
Desk's Final Score: 2,218,000
I'm not actually playing for score for most of the run. I tried to be reasonably entertaining while demonstrating a bunch of practical and impractical combos and set-ups. For a proper 'point pressing' run I'd lose a round in every match. Also, I'd do nothing but the legs loop and rinse the barrel bonus stage a lot more. However, that wouldn't have been very interesting to watch.
I've also provided a commentary giving some insight into what's possible vs certain characters, practicality/impracticality of certain combos, etc.
Can you beat Desk's record? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Phresh Jan 25, 2011 | 12 Comments
The last of the ultra costume packs is out today. Make sure you finish off your collection.
The costumes cost 320 microsoft points on xboxlive and $4 on the PSN.
The pack includes Blanka, Guile, Fei Long, Gen, and Dhalsim.
The video below has last week's costumes as well, so the new ones start at about 0:32.
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Last Survivor
- Street Fighter IV
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Rage 2
- Fallout 76
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Crackdown 3