By: SonicZero Dec 6, 2010 | 11 Comments
I don't really get whats wrong with the decision of characters in Marvel Vs Capcom 3.
Now everyone has been anticipating the charcarters for Marvel VS Capcom 3. And they say with every week there should be a new character. But it seems like they are deconfirming more than they are announcing. Its easier for us to cross out a lot of people and get closer to the final list. Also the way they decide if a character is gonna be in it or not doesn't make sense. Like with Strider Hiryu, "Strider Hiryu is popular overseas as well, we took him out of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, because he didn't fit in with its concept." Am I the only one who thinks what the fuck are you thinking. He's popular and you can build more moves onto him. He doesn't fit in with its concept? Look at the game you have tentacle monsters(Shuma Gorath) and a fat head on a jetpack ( M.O.D.O.K). How do those fit into the concept? I'm not a really big fan of Strider but it doesn't click with me that they are deconfirming characters that I believe would be really fun to play (Phoenix Wright, Silver Surfer, etc) Any thoughts on this?
By: iorilamia Feb 7, 2011 | 13 Comments
What characters do you wish would come back to a game series? Did one of your favorites get killed off, did the story change completely, or did they just stop putting that character in games?
First I'd like to start off with Geese" DOUBLE REPPUKEN" Howard. He hasn't been in a new snk game for years.
The mans a badass to say the least. He is from FatalFury and his attitude and fighting style are what makes me miss him the most. The version of Geese that I want returning, is one similiar to the CvS2 style. If you are not familiar with Geese, basically he had Gouken counters, air fireballs that push him backwards, and ground fireballs. He had incredibly strong normals and his super "RAGING STORM!!!!" is the best anti air ever. Besides his yelling, what made him so cool was he taunted you when he throws you and basically tells you your going to die before the round starts; "you cannot escape long death...." I would have loved to see him in kof12 (a long with 30 other characters,lol) and he wasn't included in 13 (doubt they will have DLC). Here to hoping SNKP use him in something. Heres a video demonstrating some basic combos with N-groove. Uplaoded by http://www.youtube.com/user/6248p
Second Character is Karas! The armored swordsman of Tatsunoko.
Karas was a popular anime and manga before his appearance in Tatsunoko vs Capcom. He is on my wishlist because even though TvC was an AMAZING game (and will always be one of my favorite vs games), it did not get really big, mainly because it was wii only and Americans don't know wtf Tatsunoko is. With MvC3 coming I don't think we wil see a tvc2 anytime soon...or ever. Karas was one of the lowest hp characters (next to Zero and roll) but his playstyle was beast. He has great offensive slashes with nice reach and quick jabs that allow him to combo into huge setups. His reflect projectile move and assist also could be used as an attack into his super combo. He had a counter super, one that rushes, and one that turns him into a flying disc, all of these perfectly transported from the anime to the game. What made karas unique was his chain attack, his srk and a dash atack that could lead into combos. His uppercut attack was not only extremely fast, but it could be done twice and went straight up very high. His chain could be used long range to hold enemies for assist mixups and supers, or to pull them towards him leaving them helpless. Despite him being "bottom tier" because he got super nerfed in American version,I felt that if you used him right, he was unstoppable! Heres a short basic combo video for those of you that are unfamiliar.
Video uplaoded by http://www.youtube.com/user/KOFXIKula
Finally is the Zora people, from Legend of Zelda.
They where Fish people that played guitars made out of fish bones ; epic. You first encounter them in Ocarina of time, but Majoras Mask is where the real fun starts. Once you get the Zora mask, you become one of them and get to explore their world. It was just good fun. The outside world was big and interesting enough, but being able to swim to new places was even more exciting. Obviously the new Zelda game coming out for Wii ins't having some sort of transforming link (that we know of), but as long as we get to interact with the Zora and travel to their world, I'm happy.Video of Zora link doing quests and stuff, uplaoded by http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBlueSky
So what characters would you guys love to see return? Have you played these games/characters? Leave a comment below.
By: BatRastered Jul 15, 2012 | 2 Comments
The stars of inFamous and Jak and Daxter come to the Playstation 3 brawler. No, it's not 3 characters. "Jak and Daxter" play as one character.
Jak and Daxter gameplay:
Cole MacGrath gameplay
Playstation All Stars Battle Royal comes exclusively to the PS3 on 10/23/2012
The guys over at TestYourMight.com have uploaded every character portrait save the boss characters (Goro, Shao Khan). Check them out!
Which ones are your favorites? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
To see the rest including Kratos check them out at TestYourMight.com
By: iorilamia Feb 16, 2011 | 10 Comments
Capcom Unity is listening to the fans. They made 2 topics for you to put in which characters you want, last time they did this those characters were put in vanilla sf4.
Rules are simple, post a minimum of 3 characters you want and a maximum of 5. Thats it, not chatting, pictures or whatever, just your list. You only get to vote once and don't vote on characters who are based on real people. VOTING ENDS FEB.19NTH!
Link for Capcom Side
I really wanted Frank West,Juri,Batsu, Kajin no Soki and Ken. Along with Venom, Gambit and Black Panther.
Which characters are you voting for? Go vote and leave a comment below!
By: Cinderkin Jul 22, 2010 | 6 Comments
THOR and AMATERASU join the cast.
For those of you following Marvel vs Capcom 3 you'll know that Thor (Marvel Super Hero) and Amaterasu (Capcoms Okami) were leaked last night. Those who don't know may be happy or not about these two additions. I for one can't see myself playing a 4 legged wolf in a high speed fighting game, but thats just me. I am however happy to see Thor. He has been a long awaited character for far to long.
Check out these Pics below of the two in action.
More Info and Screens over at Eventhubs http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/21/amaterasu-and-thor-confirmed-marvel-vs-capcom-3/
Don't be a Jimmy! Let us know what you think of the upcoming game and characters in the comments below.
Gouki.com Number 1 in the World!
By: Cinderkin Nov 16, 2010 | 15 Comments
Zero and She-Hulk were confirmed as the latest two playable characters for Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Game-play videos and Screen shots below!
Want to see more Marvel vs Capcom 3? Of course you do! Capcom has announced 2 more playable characters for the Highly anticipated Marvel vs Capcom 3! Zero and She-Hulk! Get hyped! Game-play, Artwork and Screen Shots below!
Check it out!
Read full story...
By: blazemanx Jul 24, 2011 | 5 Comments
The official reveal trailers for the 4 new fighters.
Damn this game is looking better and better. All these trailers are badassnice and are increasing my hype for this. Hawkeye really looks interesting and i LOVE his theme. Ghost rider looks like he will be PWNn people from all over the screen. Strider looks to be a combo heavy nightmare. Firebrand looks tricky but he is a total jimmy. Let us know what you think of the trailers and don't be a jimmy.
By: Cinderkin Dec 16, 2010 | 5 Comments
Now that Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition has been officially released, character changes and updates have flooded in. Daigo Umehara even had a few things to say. Check it out.
There will be more updates to this story as info comes in. So keep checking back, and don't be a Jimmy!
Daigo Umehara's Impressions of SSF4 AE
• Fireball characters are considerably weaker in this version.
• He thinks Yun will be really good, though Zangief will be a tough matchup for him. Hasn't played much Yang, but thinks that his Genei Jin (Super) will be a big difference between the two characters.
• Even though Fei Long lost the invincibility on his Hard Kick Chicken Wing, with better normal moves and all the tools he still has available (Rekka, Tenshin, etc.), and Chun-Li, Honda, and Balrog getting nerfs, he says that Fei Long is probably the strongest of the old characters in Arcade Edition.
• Daigo feels Yun, Yang and Fei Long will be top class in SSF4 AE. After these people he ranked Zangief, Balrog and C. Viper next.
• He thinks Ken will be stronger than Ryu and Akuma, though they're still upper tier.
• Balrog will be a tough matchup for both Yun and Yang, since they don't have a punish for Dash Straight, and he has his Crouching Hard Punch.
• Makoto is stronger than he thought she would be.
• With the nerfs, he puts Guile at upper-mid tier, and he'll probably keep him around as a secondary character.
• He really seems to fear the Zangief matchup with Yun.
• With the EX Green Hand changes, Sagat will have a favorable matchup against Zangief. Puts Sagat at the bottom of the upper tier.
• Many of Daigo's impression revolve around if said characters can beat Zangief.
• Apparently, Dhalsim's Standing Light Kick is slower.
• Hard Kick Cannon Strike from right above the opponent's head into Close Standing Medium Punch combos.
• Hard Kick Spiral Arrow doesn't connect with both hits as often as before.
• Ultra 2 has improved range, longer than a regular throw, but less than a Hard Punch Oicho Throw.
• Hundred Hand Slap seems to be slower, but the frame advantage on block seems to be unchanged.
• EX Headbutt's ranged was nerfed. Distance seemed shorter than a Medium Punch Headbutt now. On block it was punishable by Yang's Ultra 1.
• His Target Combo is the same.
• Jumping Medium Punch traded with Dan's Crouching Hard Punch, lost to Chun-Li's Flip and Cody's Back + Medium Punch attack. It usually lost to Rufus' Crouching Medium Punch and Yang's Dragon Kicks. These results could of course change depending on spacing and timing.
• After a Neck Breaker, the spacing seems to be further away than before. Some things don't cross up like they used to anymore.
• Back + Medium Punch may have been nerfed.
• Close Standing Light Punch into Close Standing Medium Kick seems easier. Close Standing Medium Kick is a frame faster in AE.
• Kunai recovery time is the same.
• EX Rolling Crystal Flash into Standing Hard Kick, sometimes only the first hit of Standing Hard Kick connects, not sure why.
• Confirmed there's more recovery time for Cosmic Heel (Down-Toward + Hard Kick, Launcher) on block, can be be punished by Shoryukens and grabs.
• Vega can punish a blocked Hard Punch Beast Roll from Blanka with his Crouching Hard Kick slide.
• ChocoBlanka feels most of his changes are minor.
• When a Hard Punch Beast Roll is blocked, the distance Blanka bounces away is REALLY short. Medium Punch Beast Roll is also shorter, as reported. It's easier to be punished now. Beast Rolls aren't as mindless as they were before, but they're still useful.
• Light Punch Beast Rolls bounce away on block seems to be the same as before. The EX version seems unchanged as well.
• EX Rainbow Ball's distance is about 2/3rd of what it used to be, but it also changed so that he bounces a little bit back as well. You could get punished from escaping with this now, depending on the character you're up against.
• Blanka's Beast Slide (Down-Toward + Hard Punch) had its blockstun increased, so that you can use the tip more easily.
• Range on Blanka's hop forward seems to be increased. Choco said she's very happy about this.
• Standing Medium Kick comes out faster.
• Crouching Medium Kick seems to have better priority, again Choco is happy about this.
• Choco warns she could be wrong about some of this stuff, as its only the first day she played.
• Lots of people talking about Gen's Standing Hard Punch into Standing Medium Kick into Target Combo.
• Mantis Standing Hard Kick is a high move and the range seems to be similar to Mantis Crouching Hard Punch.
• Mantis Super into Crane Jumping Hard Kick connects, this could have been the case previously, though.
• Any Jumping Attack, Standing Medium Punch, Standing Hard Punch, Standing Medium Kick, Cancel into Light Dragon Kicks was tried on dizzied Ryu, and the Dragon Kicks whiffed but connected on Ibuki without a jump attack.
• Crouching Light Kick, into Crouching Medium Kick seems to be less useful than Standing Hard Punch into Standing Medium Kick, Target Combo. If you put a few Crouching Light Punches before hand, Gen's Dragon Kick will whiff.
• It's really easy to do a Focus Attack crumple into Crane Ultra 2.
• Something feels different with Crane's Standing Hard Kick, but it wasn't elaborated on.
Light Punch Running Palm
• This has similar range to Crouching Light Punch, it cannot combo from a max range Crouching Light Kick or Crouching Medium Punch.
• Couldn't combo from his Fireball into a Light Punch Running Palm in corner, so it's slower than 6 frames, guessing 8 frames.
• Frame advantage might be better than Medium or Hard Punch Running Palm?
• Someone got countered out of it, with a meaty attack, so there's probably no invincibility — didn't test upper and lower body invincibility separately, though.
Close Standing Medium Punch
• Frame advantage on hit is at least +6. Can Link into Crouching Hard Punch or a sweep.
• Tried Close Standing Medium Punch 2x into sweep, but couldn't test it a lot due to facing characters like Vega, where the second hit becomes a far version.
• Frame advantage on block is probably +3.
• Close Standing Medium Punch into Crouching Hard Punch connects, but EX Running Palm sometimes won't connect from it if you do it from far away.
Neutral Jump Hard Punch, Jumping Hard Kick:
• The slamming down property feels "softer" compared to Cody and Juri's.
• Gray damage is probably 0 or 1, someone said you can see a pixel of gray bar if you look closely.
• Someone confirmed that back throw only counts for the combo scale, and still does 0 damage.
• Not sure if this is due to lag or change to the back throw, but there were a lot of people missing the Ultra 1 after a back throw.
Jumping Medium Punch into Air Hurricane Kick
• Due to height restriction, Air Hurricane Kick doesn't seem to come out on grounded opponents.
EX Hurricane Kick, Focus Attack Dash Cancel
• Feels like it became more solid due to the locking ability of EX Hurricane Kick.
• EX Hurricane Kick, Focus Attack Dash Chancel into Medium Punch Palm connected without crossing under.
• Close Standing Medium Kick into Far Standing Medium Punch combos.
• Close Standing Medium Punch into Medium Punch Shoulder doesn't combo, confirmed by two different players. Probably less hitstun here, someone claimed about 2 frames less on hit.
• Target Combo seems to connect easier on crouching opponents.
• Feels like Jumping Hard Kick into Close Standing Hard Kick might be easier to connect.
• The new and improved 3 frame Crouching Light Kick is really good.
• He feels Akuma is basically the exact same as he was in Super Street Fighter 4 — still very strong.
• Apparently Daigo's Yun has already accumulated 10,000 BP in this short amount of time.
• A lot of people are talking about how strong Yang and Yun are right now.
• After someone reported that E. Honda's EX Headbutt traveled less distance, lots of other players said that person was full of crap. Such is the nature of these reports, right now.
• Guile's damage on Flashkick, Focus Attack Dash Cancel, into Sonic Hurricane is even lower now, someone called it, "pathetic." Estimated that this takes off about 100 less damage overall.
• It seems like Guile's Light Flash Kick does about 20 less damage.
• Ryu's Light Punch Shoryuken can trade into Ultra.
• Gouken's Standing Medium Punch into Crouching Hard Punch connects, but EX Running Palm sometimes won't land if you do it from too far away.
• Acqua added that: "Ibuki and Rose are totally nerfed. Sagat might have a future. Since Yun is definitely strong, strong players will notice and try hopping on the bandwagon."
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Death Stranding
- Marvel's Avengers
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Street Fighter IV
- Rage 2
- Fallout 76
- Mortal Kombat 11
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure