By: goukijones Aug 9, 2019 | 1 Comments
Something incredible has been in the works for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fans!
Revealed recently at a hands on demo, the company Bandai Namco showed off a playable version of their JoJo’s Battle Royale Arcade setups. Each arcade cabinet is modular for another cabinet to hook up to it. So you could have your very own JoJo’s Battle Royale Arcade set up for 4-30 people! Or you can fly out to Japan and play this in their arcades. The first video is gameplay uploaded from the event from YouTube Channel: Akiba-Ninja. Back to back wins! Total domination!
In the video below gameplay from the event begins and with the spectator/commentator mode you get a nice tour of what the game is like and the different characters. The fact that so much time and effort has gone into this Arcade Machine is incredible to me. I definitely see it getting a port to consoles and PC. Not because it’s JoJo’s, but because it’s a battle royale, there’s enough fanbase for that genre and then you add in JoJo’s name and it’s a no brainer.Read full story...
By: goukijones Jun 17, 2011 | 6 Comments
Team Gouki visited with Reverge Labs/Autumn Games at E3 2011 to see Skullgirls. An independent 2D fighter with great ambition. Now picked up by Konami - A new challenger has entered! Check out our exlcusive coverage.
Skullgirls was on my schedule as the last thing on the final day of E3. I knew I had one of the best things saved for last and I couldn't wait to actually see this game in person. But a whole 28 hour period before I stopped by this little corner in the Konami booth, FnJimmy and BatRastered played Skullgirls. Here's FnJimmy's official take, moments after playing Skullgirls for the very first time ever.
FnJimmy's Official Take from E3 2011
Then I finally rolled up the following day a little early for my last appointment. Also spending all that time before hand in the Square booth, depleted my flask and totally had me in the mood for a fighting game. I was greeted by Alex and he was cool. He knew about the game enough and was constantly taking notes. I was then introduced to Ian Cox a designer at Reverge Labs. He interrupted two Jimmys that were playing on 1 of the 2 Skullgirls set ups in the Konami booth, kicked them off. Then Ian and I stepped up to play. You notice badass nice custom fight sticks, completely decked out with the Skullgirls. They were from Arcade in a box. Check out this picture I snapped while they we're packing up.
So we began to play. We did 3V3. First cool thing about Skullgirls is you can do 3V3 2V2 1V1 OR 1V2 1V3 2V3 and the scales adjust your health and damage, depending on how many are on your team. The game looks amazing, I'm not going to even talk about that. Check out this Off Screen footage I captured while FnJimmy and BatRastered played again.
E3 2011 Skullgirls Off Screen
Skullgirls has a classic Street Fighter 6 button control setup and fighting style. Add in the MvC style swapping plus super chains and you got some craziness on your hands. Only 3 characters were playable at the show. I played with Cerebella most of the time, she's a grappler, like Zangief. Like how FnJimmy likes his women. Another cool innovation in Skullgirls is the non jumping 360. Ian explained, if you hit bottom 5 points of the fight stick while circling for a 360 motion, the character will lock to the ground and not jump. I thought that was very smart. There's tech throws and something like a alpha counter/snap back, but more on that later. Skullgirls has a ton of depth to it.
Ian would show me chain combos and it reminded me a lot of Street Fighter 3 style button chains. Nothing crazy and out of control fast like MvC3. The pace of the game looked well balanced, but I didn't really get to see any of the mixed size team matches. That's also an interesting idea.
All in all this is something to get hype for. It's coming to XBLA and PSN, so it's not going to be more than $20 hopefully around $15. At $15 I strongly encourage fighting game fans to give this game a try. This is gonna be in competition at EVO 2012. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: goukijones Jul 2, 2011 | 3 Comments
Exclusive: Here's another quick look at WWE Apostrophe 12. Randy Orton VS Alberto Del Rio off screen. What I'd really like to point out is the sad face of what sounds like the announcers not having any NEW commentary. Again, this is only the E3 2011 Demo.
WWE '12 E3 2011 Randy Orton VS Alberto Del Rio Off Screen
By: BatRastered Jan 27, 2012 | 4 Comments
We've known about Cole (from inFAMOUS) for a while now, but here comes some new challengers (at least on the PS3 and PS Vita).
I think the old, fat Mega Man from the original's box art is hilarious. The Pac-Man is ridiculous, I don't even know what those small things are (what game is that from?). Cole looks interesting. I wonder though, since none of these will be playable on the Xbox, will they be allowed in tournament play? If not, they are all fn irrelevant.
By: blazemanx Aug 15, 2011 | 8 Comments
A great video showing off four new characters in action!
This video is pretty awesome it explains how to do some of the unique game mechanics. It also confirms hugo, ibuki, kuma and raven all are a welcome addition to the cast. Let me start off by saying hugo is HUGE damn and ibuki looks like her SSF4 self while kuma and raven look interesting. This video is full of hype and that's exactly what i am i can't wait for this game to drop. Let us know what you think and don't be a jimmy.
By: BatRastered Jan 10, 2011 | 7 Comments
How much would you pay for this experience? Sony's asking an awful lot.
ON the show floor at the 2011 CES, Gouki's own FnJimmy plays Killzone 3 with the new Sharp Shooter Move gun in 3D. I put on the second pair of 3D glasses ($150 each MSRP) to see what this game could do. I've got a big head, and was wearing my glasses that day, so the active shutter glasses were not very comfortable to wear. I'd hate to have them on my head for more than 10 minutes. The 3D effect was decent, though it broke if you tilted your head. Overall, it didn't add too much to the game. I got the feeling that having it in 3D would help you aim with this accessory as you could line up your target through the reticule better. I didn't get to play the game, so I'll let Jimmy explain his feelings in the video:
Killzone 3D and Gun peripheral Hands-on at CES 2011 with FNJimmy
FNJimmy goes hands-on for the first time ever with the Sony Playstation 3 Sharpshooter peripheral. Can FNJimmy dodge bullets while taking an onslaught of questions from Cinderkin and goukijones? Watch this exclusive footage of Killzone 3D from the Sony booth at CES 2011.
Read full story...
This official trailer shows off both Sonic's gameplay styles in the upcoming game Sonic Generations
Classic Sonic will play like the Sega Genesis sidescrollers and Modern Sonic will play like the newer games like the fast-paced levels from Sonic Unleashed.
By: fnjimmy Aug 2, 2011 | 9 Comments
This was just after we played the UMvC and I was already exhausted. Anyway, the random black guy was turtling.
I don't know about this game. Comepletely different pace after just playing Marvel.
By: goukijones Oct 29, 2011 | 2 Comments
Everything I've been seeing about this game -since I played almost 2 years ago- has been detouring me quite so. This video however kinda put a little bit of hype in me. PvP looks pretty fun in SWTOR. Where the fuck is my beta access or early access whatev.
By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
With out a doubt, you already know. It's going to be a ton of fun!
There's more videos to come! Stay tuned.
A full on gameplay demo of the upcoming inFAMOUS Second Son for the PS4
Read full story...
Coming March 21st, 2014. Like the previous games in the inFAMOUS series, Second Son gives you the option to use your powers heroically or ruthlessly. The path you choose will affect every aspect of the game, from character relationships to powers development to the story itself. In this preview play through, Delsin has convinced Fetch Walker, a Conduit with the power to control neon, to help him take out a group of anti-Conduit protesters. With Delsin's influence, Fetch is willing to exterminate the "haters" and anyone else who gets in their way. ENJOY YOUR POWER.
Trending Video Games
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Marvel's Avengers
- The Last of Us Part II
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Cities XL 2012
- World War Z
- Fallout 76
- Batman: Arkham City