Capcom has just released some screens of Jill and Shuma Gorath in Marvel vs Capcom 3. These are high quality screen shots. Don't be a Jimmy! Check them out!
What do you think of these screen shots? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
It's time to get your mind jacked! Is this game worth your hard earned dollar? Find out in the Gouki.com Exclusive Review.
Let us describe Mind Jack for you in one word. That word would have to be “Awful”.
Mindjack is a game developed by Feel Plus and published by Square Enix. Which means already that the game is probably not going to be very good, but why is it awful? With Gears of War controls, Resident Evil camera controls, and classic Japanese story telling you’d think Mindjack would be a complete success. Well unfortunately it’s not. This review is going to be slightly different than the rest mainly because If I didn’t explain this game in a step by step manner, then you wouldn’t believe what I’m about to tell you.
Let us start off with the very beginning of the game. The cinematic is very much the same as in this trailer save the promotional messages.
After that is over the game then goes into the Mindjack press start screen. where your only option is to choose Rebirth. Hit rebirth and the game literally starts you to an empty room with 3 computer screens and a man. It is a basic tutorial mode, showing you how to move the camera and yourself. Then it teaches you how to mind hack, and bam achievement unlocked. Mind you I haven’t even reached the main menu of the game yet. Once I hack into the man standing there, they then want me to hack into a computer. Once that is completed bam another achievement and the game takes me to the Mindjack main menu. Now I can choose my options, setup, xbox live matches, or campaign. I chose the campaign and this is where the game just loses me. You start as this guy (Jim) in an airport terminal. You’re looking for a girl named Marie. Once the cut scene ends you take control of Jim and are tasked with following Marie. Note that at this point the only thing you can do is walk and roll. You reach Marie and a cut scene ensues where you start fighting some random guy, and to make things worse it’s the most action I’ve seen in the game so far and It was a damn cut scene. After a few more cut scenes the game lets you actually play. With a pistol in hand you’re tasked with taking out all of the enemies on screen. This is where the game is supposed to be fun, but instead gets worse. Mindjack is all about multiplayer for some odd reason. Even in your single player campaign anyone can hack into your game and join the enemy team. Therefore impeding your story progress, and stopping you from having a good time. I’m playing the game and some random guy jumps in my game (lv 14) and destroys me with rockets. Mind you I’m only a lv 1 character. What kind of bs is that? Once I died the game took me to a game over screen and I quit right then and there.
Read on further for the games full breakdown
Mindjack takes place sometime in the future where a new technology that allows people to hack into your mind is common thing in the military. You play as Jim some dude who can’t seem to stop yelling. You also have a partner named Marie, but is called something else. I don’t know it’s confusing. Anyway from what I gather Jim is getting his life back together and is now taking on missions for someone named Lilo. That is as much of the story as I know, because quite frankly I refused to play anymore of this game to find out.
The gameplay in Mindjack is very much like the Gears of war franchise. Aiming is done with the left trigger, shooting with the right. Running and Cover are mapped to the A button, and reloading is done with the right bumper. That being said, Mindjack has a great control scheme and it works very well. It can feel a bit clunky at first but within a few minutes you will feel right at home. It’s just too bad everything else about this game sucks. The mind hacking is just weird. You are fighting for your life and the next thing you know your down, and have to hack into a different body to continue. Hacking into anyone will automatically give them a pistol. So the lawyer who is cowering in fear during a shootout will get mind hacked and join the fight with guns and all. It just doesn’t make sense. The multiplayer component can be turned off, but the game stills plays as if it’s on. You could be in the middle of a firefight and then pause the game. The game shows that it’s paused, but everything is still going on. So if you take a bathroom break, be prepared to return looking at a game over screen.
The game looks decent. Nothing too bad about it, reminds me of FF13 but with less detail. The character models are what you would expect from a Square Enix title. The environment is detailed nicely, for a game that is all about shooting and hacking.
The game has some of the worst audio in a game to date. The voice work is cheesy, and not to mention just boring. Jim is always yelling, but it sounds like he’s just talking. It’s awkward, and unpolished. When the two main characters are having a conversation Jim acts as if he is a football field away, and Marie talks as if she is right next to Jim. Makes no sense.
The online multiplayer is just dumb. There is no death match or capture the flag modes you would expect. It’s just hacking into someone’s single player campaign and either helping them or hurting them. Which means that the multiplayer will only last a week before it is a complete waste of time.
Mindjack is a complete pile of garbage and should be classified under the category for Jimmy Ass Game! Do yourself a favor and stay away from this game. Don’t try and play it, don’t try to rent it. If someone asks you to play it they are not your friend. It is one of the worst 360 games I’ve ever played. This is 2011 Jimmy! Square enix is losing it.
Bottom Line: FLUSH IT!
By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
An article from Australia's Sunday Herald revealed that The Penguin will be the latest addition to Batman: Arkham City. Oswald Cobblepot is a villain to be feared. You don't mess with a Penguin. Check it out!
Rocksteady's Dax Ginn explained that the studio will put a different spin on The Penguin "The way that Penguin has always been portrayed is as quite an aristocratic, well-spoken gentleman who's got these twisted delusions of grandeur" said Ginn. "So we've made him a really horrible, nasty piece of work - but still with the delusion of grandeur. He dresses well, but in a poor taste, and we've made him this brutish, brutal guy but also keyed into the collection fascination that he's had through out the years."
"Penguin's faction is much more about the collection that he has within his museum of all sorts of things but one of those things he collects is heavily artillery," said Ginn. "So when you come up against his thugs in the street they are all going to have seriously heavy weapons and that develops throughout the game as well."
Ginn also went on to describe Catwoman "The attitude of this Selena Kyle is closer to that of the late, great Eartha Kitt from the cult 60s TV show: strong, confident, sexy and independent."
I can't wait for this game, which drops Oct 18 this year. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
The Gouki.com Marvel vs Capcom 3 Preview!!!! Check it out!
It’s time to take you for a ride. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is only a month away and everyone is itching to play it. Marvel vs Capcom has been a household name ever since the original swept into arcades back in 1998. With Capcom favorites such as Ryu and Chun-Li battling Marvel’s best like Spider-Man and Captain America what more could we ask for? Well it’s been almost 13 years and Capcom has brought us Marvel vs Capcom 3. With new characters, special moves, tag-team combos, and stages this is going to be the best Marvel vs Capcom game yet.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 will feauture 36 characters (2 of which are still unknown) with plenty of special moves and combos to fight with. New characters joining the playable cast for the first time in fighting game history include Chris Redfield, Thor, Trish, Super-Skrull, Amaterasu, Dormammu, Wesker, X-23, Arthur, Deadpool, Nathan Spencer, M.O.D.O.K. Dante and more!
Don’t just take out word for it though; check out some of these videos.
That is some intense stuff right there. With a ton of moves in the game you may have trouble landing combos and such. Luckily Capcom has implemented a Simple Mode where you can mash on one button and still pull off insane combos.
Here is Simple Mode in a detail
Simple Mode is a great way to learn the game, but shouldn’t be used all the time. Simple Mode doesn’t allow you to unlock the full potential of a character, so it should only be used to learn the basics.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 will also include some unlockable characters like the newly announced Akuma and Taskmaster. Obtaining player points will unlock certain characters, for example 2,000 pp unlocks Akuma.
To see Akuma in Action as Well as Taskmaster check out the videos below:
Hardcore fans that have been following Marvel vs Capcom 3 since it was announced already know most of this stuff, but for those that haven’t decided on whether or not to pick this game up may be enticed by the awesome Special Edition.
Special Edition comes with:
SteelBook with Exclusive Art
Downloadable Two-Character Pack: Jill Vallentine and Shuma Gorath
Exclusive Comic and Art Book
Marvel® Digital Comic 1-Month Subscription
With the inclusion of Jill and Shuma that is a total of 38 characters. Note that Jill and Shuma won't be available until after 30 days from MvC 3's launch. With Marvel vs Capcom 3 adding DLC characters to the mix we could be seeing a cast of 50 in the future.
Don't miss out on the Gouki.com Marvel vs Capcom 3 Ultra Combo Giveaway. You could win a copy of the Special Edition, a Fight Stick and an official Gouki.com T-Shirt.
Less than a month away and Marvel vs Capcom 3 is looking to be one of the best fighting games off all time. Tune in next month for our in depth review. Don't be a Jimmy! Thanks for reading!
Double Fine Studios is created a Kinect project called "Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster" Cooooooooooooooookie!
Announced today by Warner Brothers Interactive "Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster" has you joining Elmo and Cookie Monster in an adventure exploring a living storybook title "Once Upon A Monster". A game where you can jump, dance, solve puzzles, and learn key life skills. Before you ask yes this is aimed for the kids.
Tim Schafer, President and CEO of Double Fine Productions had this to say:
“It’s great to be working with Warner Bros., especially on a game like Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, which brings together so many things we all care about, Sesame Street had a profound effect on me, and many members of the Double Fine team, when we were children. So did video games. Now many of us are parents and we want to share with our kids the great experiences we had, but also the completely new ones made possible by cutting-edge technology like Kinect for Xbox 360. So it’s a labor of love on many levels”.
So what do you guys think? Have any kids, nieces, nephews, cousins that would play this? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Mortal Kombat is back and looking better than ever. It looks like Striker will be one of the returning cast members thanks to a screen shot from Gamespot.
Not a very flattering shot of Striker, but here it is.
They also had a few more screen shots of the game as well. Check them out below
This game is looking better and better every time I see it. What do you guys think? Will this be a successful Mortal Kombat? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Mar 24, 2011 | 12 Comments
Capcom released official images and videos of Evil Ryu in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Check them out!
Check out the HD versions of his Ultras
Here is his official artwork
We've already seen him when he was leaked, but it's nice to see official HD quality Evil Ryu straight from Capcom.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: fnjimmy Jun 11, 2011 | 5 Comments
Gouki.com was hand-on with Street Fighter 3 online Edition. Live gameplay from the E3 2011 show floor. My official take on the game after just playing it. Also the trailer if you have seen it. Third Strike is back bahby!
That's right I officially played the game. First watch the video of the gameplay from the show floor. You will get to see a Jimmy working his way through the different screen settings. Widescreen, classic arcade cab, HD, SD. Pay attention and you will notice the different. This is exclusive access for you to E3. See it from the eyes of a PWNr. Me.
Here's my official take.
Official trailer for SF3O - Get hype!
By: goukijones Jul 21, 2011 | 5 Comments
Here's some of the press release stuff I got from Capcom today about Street Fighter X Tekken. Feel free to use this stuff in future stories. Don't be a Jimmy.
Official San Diego Comic-con 2011 Street Fighter X Tekken Poster
Some bad ass Character Art
Check out these screenshots from UMvC3.
You Jimmys hype for this or what? I know the $$$ is a factor, but if America wasn't in the tank right now and we were all PWNn cash, we wouldn't be talking about the price and the release date. I'm thankful for for the 12 new characters and 8 new stages. Yeah I paid $100 for this game now this year, but I've got my monies worth. Don't be a Jimmy!
Here's a good one from my email today. "A" Game of Thrones, based the books more than the show
Just wanted to share this with the Game of Throne fans. I never even heard of Game of Thrones until the HBO show, but I'm not shocked it was a famous book before the show.
It's a strategy game that looks a little like Total War.
The game looks nothing like the TV show, I know.
lol @ their imagining of the wall. I don't know about this, it's made by a company named Cyanide, Cyanide? Really? I'm playing a shit load of Civ5 right now, but that's gona die off this week. I don't think this game will be like Civ5, I'm just saying I'm addicted to that shit right now.
Based on these images, I don't think so Jimmy. What do you think?
Trending Video Games
- Rage 2
- Mortal Kombat 11
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Resident Evil 2 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Days Gone
- Metro: Exodus
- Crackdown 3
- Fallout 76