A crowded October gets some much needed space...
In a move that shouldn't be too surprising considering all the mega releases coming this Fall, Take-Two Interactive has shifted the release date for The Darkness II from October 4 of this year to Feburary 7 of next year.
2K Games announced today that The Darkness(TM) II, for all previously announced video game consoles and PC, is now planned for release on February 7, 2012 in North America and February 10, 2012 internationally. Currently in development with Digital Extremes and based on the supernatural horror comic book series created by Top Cow Productions, Inc., The Darkness II delivers a brutal and personal narrative as gamers take control of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and ruthless force of chaos and destruction known as the Darkness.
Source: Press Release
The Wii dominates hardware, and the XBox 360 dominates software. Where is Brutal Legend?
Here are the numbers for October 2009
- Wii – 506,900
- DS – 457,600
- PS3 – 320,600
- Xbox 360 – 249,700
- PSP – 174,600
- PS2 – 117,800
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Sony (PlayStation 3) - 537,000
- Wii Fit Plus - Nintendo (Wii) - 441,000
- Borderlands - Take-Two (Xbox 360) - 418,000
Wii Sports Resort - Nintendo (Wii) - 314,000
- NBA 2K10 - Take-Two (Xbox 360) - 311,000
- Halo 3: ODST - Microsoft (Xbox 360) - 271,000
- NBA 2K10 - Take-Two (PlayStation 3) - 213,000
- Forza Motorsport 3 - Microsoft (Xbox 360) - 175,000
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Square Enix (Nintendo DS) - 169,000
- FIFA Soccer 10 - Electronic Arts (Xbox 360) - 156,000
Some things to notice:
- Brutal Legend did not make the top 10
- NBA 2K10 was the only multiplatform game to make the list twice (once for the 360 and once for the PS3).
- Halo 3: ODST showed continuing strong sales to stay on the list despite being released in September.
- Borderlands for the Xbox 360 showed surprisingly strong sales to take the number 3 slot.
- Uncharted 2 gets commercial success to go with its critical success and probably moved more than a few PS3 hardware sales.
- The XBox 360 continues to sell more software than the competition, but hardware sales have slowed compared to the PS3 and Wii. Has the 360 reached saturation at its current price point already? I'm sure we won't see another price cut this year with the holidays so close, but it seems to be only a matter of time.
- I can't believe how many people are still buying a PS2.
Next month we will get to see MW2 in the list. I'm Oscar Mike!
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Nintendo Switch Lite
- Cyberpunk 2077
- The Dark Crystal: Tactics
- Rage 2
- Street Fighter V
- Fallout 76
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- The Outer Worlds
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure