By: BatRastered Jun 27, 2011 | 8 Comments
Cinderkin found this game, Full House Poker tucked away in the corner of the Microsoft Booth at CES 2011. What the hell is this game?
Microsoft's booth was pretty quiet game wise. Halo Reach was there, something else I didn't really care about and can't even remember now. I just know I was extremely bored and wasn't there for really long. I couldn't wait to get out. Then I saw Cinderkin up agianst the back wall jammed between two televisions, squatting, looking through some narrow passage. A few minutes later when he caught up to me I asked him WTF?! He told me, he found this game called Full House Poker for your Xbox 360 Avatar. My reply ... Nubfarm. Here's the video.
By: Arthvader Apr 17, 2012 | 5 Comments
My thoughts on what I believe to be an awesome game. Achievements will be explained as well, and learn how to unlock the 10th color palette.
It's been almost a week since I've bought Skullgirls, and I have to say, I'm very impressed with how this game. For days I've been playing this game, getting to know more about the cast of characters, as well as knowing how the mechanics of the game works. To me, if feels like a mix of multiple fighting games, such as street fighter, the marvel vs. series, and the guilty gear series, all rolled up into one game. The roster is very unique, ranging from a grappler character that has a hat with giant arms, to a character that was based around 40s' or 50s' cartoons, to even a character that is pretty much an mixture of the entire cast.
Of the current roster, I have to say my favorite, and the one I'm planning to use the most, is none other than Valentine. Other than being a nurse, she is also a ninja. Plus, she reminds me of a lot of ninja characters I played with on other fighters, especially Chipp Zanuff from the Guilty Gear series, which is just about the reason why I immediately went ahead and started practicing with her. She has some very useful setups and moves, such as her poisons, which can cause passive damage, increase hit stun, or even cause input lag, a dash more similar to Chipp Zanuff's Alpha blade, to even a body bag Izuna Drop. The one thing that I could say about her that is even more unique is the ability to revive a dead teammate. This is a very useful technique, even if i need to save up a full set of meter.
I really do like the music that was put into the game. It was composed by none other than Michiru Yamane, the same person who composed the music for the majority of the Castlevania series, from Symphony of the Night and onward. At the same time, I really also like the art style used by Alex Ahab in this game. It gives off the vibe of an original, dark, deco world that I could appreciate.
And now, on to the Achievement Explanations:
- Sküllgirls - Graduation day has arrived at last! Mrs. Victoria's so proud of you
- How to unlock: This is unlocked by clearing the entire tutorial mode under training. pretty much self-explanatory.
- Treads of Fate - Follow all threads of fate to their inevitable conclusions.
- How to unlock: Pretty much self-explanatory as well. this will unlock as soon as you completed everyone's story mode. Do note that you'll gave to complete Filia, Cerebella, Ms. Fortune, Parasol, Painwheel, and Peackock's story to unlock Valentine's Story, and then beat Valentine's story to unlock Double's. Finish Double's Story to unlock the achievement.
- An Ensembled Cast - There may be no I in "team," but there is in "variety."
- How to unlock: this one requires setting up alot of custom assists. on the character select screen, when you select teams, after picking a character, you will be asked to pick an assist. select the third option, and make your own assist. it will take a while until the achievement unlocks. some people reported getting this achievement after anywhere between 7 - 50+ matches.
- Prolox - Words are fun - expand your vocabulary
- How to unlock: as you finish combos, you may notice a word under the number. There is a word for each number, and you will need to get around 60 - 80 words for this achievement to unlock.
- Real Circus Damage - And now, for the main attraction... Grappling!
- How to unlock: This is a character specific achievement involving Cerebella. the objective is to perform at least a total of 50 of her throws (regular, special, super). It doesn't need to be done in one match, as it keeps track of your overall progress.
- The Kitchen Sink - Throw everything at them, including...
How to unlock: This is Peacock's character specific achievement. to unlock this achievement, you will have to use her qcb+P move to drop all the object that she could drop. there are three tiers of items that could fall, depend on how long you hold the button in. Here's the list of the items she needs to drop:
No Charge Objects:
- Medicine Bottle
- Tea Cup
- Bowling Ball
- Flower Jar
- Bag of sand
1 ! Charge Objects:
- Spike Ball
- Yukkuri! (Animated head with Japanese speech bubble)
- Peacock Friend 1
- Peacock Friend 2
- Barrel (With turkey inside)
2 !! Charge Objects:
- Spike Balls Barrage
- Easter Island Moai
- Golden Monster Fridge
- Steam Roller
- No Charge Objects:
- Instant Hair Dash - Let your parasite feel the wind between his tendrils.
- How to unlock: This is Filia's character specific achievement. what you have to do is air-dash cancel out of her attacks around 60 times overall. pretty basic.
- Good Hunting, Commander - A good commander knows how to wield her forces effectively.
How to unlock: This is Parasol's character specific achievement. Your objective is to call on her egrets a total of 100 times, It doesn't matter which one you do, as it will all accumulate towards the achievement. here are the three commands:
- Egret Call (Hold Back, then press Forward + Light Kick)
- Egret Dive (Hold Back, then press Forward + Medium Kick)
- Egret Charge (Hold Back, then press Forward + Heavy Kick)
- Getting A Head In The Game - Sometimes you just need to relax and take the weight off your shoulders.
- How to unlock: This is Ms. Fortune's character specific achievement. All you have to do is have Ms. Fortune take her head off for a total of around a hour. this is accumulative across all matches. to take her head off, use her QCB + P move. If she was interrupted in the middle of her s.MP, s.HP, or c.HP, then her head will drop as well.
- Medical Board Will Be Notified - Your opponents aren't the only ones under the knife
- How to unlock: This is Valentine's character specific achievement. You will have to use her lvl. 5 super move (Forbidden Procedure: Rebirth Ex Machina) to revive your teammate, as well as hit your opponent at the exact same time, around 30 times. The command for the move is this: QCB + ( (MP + MK) or (HP + HK) )
- My Pain Will Be Visited Upon You - Sometimes you can take it, and sometimes you want to lash out.
- How to unlock: This is Painwheel's character specific achievement. the objective is to deal out alot of damage using Painwheel's Lvl.3 super (Hatred Install). By activating Hatred Install (QCB + PP), Painwheel will be able to perform counter attacks whenever she gets hit. the easiest way to get this achievement (at least the was I did it) was against Cerebella. With Cerebella, have her activate the Lvl. 3 super Diamonds are Forever (QCB + PP). Have Painwheel stay a distance from cerebella when she put her hand on the ground for the super. Painwheel, already with Hatred Install activated, have Painwheel charge s.HP. if timed right, Painwheel would have asorbed the stronger part of Cerbella's super, and inflict a lot of damage. Follow it up immediately with Painwheel's Lvl.1 super Death Crawl (QBF +PP), and the achievement would have unlocked after you deal enough damage.
- Toil and Trouble - A sesquidecemvir of seven simulacra synergizing simultaneously
How to unlock: despite the wierdness of the achievement description, this is Double's character specific achievement. What you need to do is pull of a combo that involves transforming into the entire cast. Here's a simple combo that can be done in the corner:
j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
- transformations in order in combo: Painwheel, Filia, Peacock, Cerebella, Parasol, Ms. Fortune, Valentine
- j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
Before I go, I would like to mention how to unlock the four extra color palettes. here they are in order:
- 7th color: Finish story mode (have to do it with each character for this color)
- 8th color: Finish Arcade mode (Just like with the the 7th color, you will have to clear it with each character to unlock this color. the good news: if you play arcade mode with a team, then all the characters that was on the team will have this color unlocked as well.)
- 9th color: Win 25-30 Versus matches (online or offline, or both combined) you will have to do this with each character for this color as well
- 10th color: This requires an old-school fighting game code. in the main menu, choose local versus. when you are on the controller screen (where you select what side you want to be on), Input this code: for the 360: Down, RB, Left, LB, Y, B. For the PS3: Down, R1, Left, L1, Square, X. you should see the message (New color palette available) appear. this will unlock the 10th color for the entire cast. Do note that the old-school code I'm relating to is the Same Character code that was used on Street Fighter II back on the SNES.
Tell me what you think of this story and guide? Vote, and leave your comments in the bottom. Don't be a Jimmy!!
Other Stories done by me:
By: Arthvader Oct 15, 2010 | 10 Comments
Yeah, but to get them, follow the instructions here
For the rest of October, Microsoft is doing this promotion. if you spend at least (and i mean, least) 2400 Microsoft Points on XBLA games or game add-ons, then Microsoft is willing to give you 800 Microsoft Points for your effort. of you want to go with this promotion, do it as soon a you can. this promotion will last until the end of October. note that the reward might not get to you until around, or on, November 30.
From the official press release:
Summer of Arcade may be over, but the great deals on Marketplace just keep coming. During the month of October, spend 2400 Microsoft Points on Arcade games and/or game add-ons and you’ll get 800 Microsoft Points added to your membership as a thank-you gift. Spend your bonus points on anything you want—game add-ons, avatar accessories, or even another Arcade game!
Islands of Wakfu is an action adventure game based on the Wakfu universe coming to the Xboxlive arcade.
I've been playing the Wakfu beta and upon checking the site, I found out that they have an Xboxlive arcade game currently in development.
Developed by Ankama Play, the game has been in the works for a while but the release date is still to be announced.
Here is the gameplay trailer. It appears you control a Girl named Nora and are assisted by her dragon brother Efrim.
Don't have a gold account? Play for free this weekend.
Starting today and going through Sunday you can play on-line for free. So if you've been dying to try that Crysis 2 multiplayer demo, now is the time.
F'n Microsoft still hasn't updated their page from the last free weekend in november.
Don't be a Jimmy like them!
The movie was great. Is the game worth your 10 bucks?
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game attempts to be a nostalgic throw back to the final fight/river city ransom days of side scrolling beat-em-ups. Truth is, I'm not that nostalgic for those days. True, the graphics and sound effects are a neat touch, but the game play is just not that much fun. You can level up to get new moves and what not, but it's just not that engaging. I didn't get the same sense of humor that I got from the movie. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a movie tie in game is bad, but I thought this would be different given the movie we're talking about has so many classic video game references in it. I'm glad this game was only 10 bucks, but I'd be even happier if I'd just downloaded the demo.
Verdict: Rent It. (in this case, download the demo)
You ready for a round two?
Bringing the new generation of World Warriors to new consoles, Street Fighter III: Third Strike – Online Edition takes one of the deepest, most sophisticated fighting games of all time online with an arcade perfect re-creation.
Featuring the unique and memorable characters of the Street Fighter III series, GGPO-enabled online allows players to use their technical moves – like the series-defining parry system – in a seamless, arcade-like environment. High-quality, HD-filtered graphics emphasize the smooth animation, a vault of unlockables allow for replayability, and an integrated leaderboard combined with an extensive and viral replay sharing system encourage players to bring their A-game. It's be sold for $14.99 for PSN and 1,200MS Points for the Xbox and be released later this year.
GGPO-Enabled Online Play: SFIII will be the first pure fighting game to use true GGPO-enabled online functionality, allowing for pixel-perfect arcade play online, including a matching system and leaderboards.
Unchanged Arcade Gameplay: The deep, technical gameplay and parry system has come to be considered one of the most sophisticated in the fighting genre. This has been left pure and untouched.
Upgraded Visuals: Taking a page from the successful transition of Final Fight to the HD generation, SFIII will allow for a variety of HD filtering options, allowing players customize their viewing experience to how they like it, even playing in an arcade cabinet!
Replay Sharing: Not only will players be able to watch their own or other people’s replays in-game, but they will also be able upload replays to YouTube.
Watch with Friends: A new channel will be available that will have an ongoing, live feed of the best match being played at that moment.
Special Features and Unlockables: A “Vault” system allows players to engage in a new metagame, while unlocking comics, fan art, and other assets to enjoy.
One of my favorite times of the year. I love the E3 Press Conferences.
Jimmy is back! It's E3 2009. I'm drunk talking about the Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony Press Conferences. Don't miss this one Jimmy!
for the better, or worse...
Okay, so i just loaded up Castlevania: Harmony of Despair today and an update has appeared. this update changes quite a bit of balance to the gameplay. After experiencing the changes, I've decided to write down here what changes i noticed. Here's what to expect in this update:
- Strength increase
- Damage increase for multiple weapons
- Yasutsuna (or should I say, Alucard's broken spamable weapon) has a slower hit rate
- Spirit magic does more damage
- Decreased MP cost for Hellfire and Dark Metamorphisis?
- Increased the cost of heal to 50MP
- Heal doesn't heal as much, making the astral + skull ring combo not as effective as it used to be
- Charlotte can no longer pass through flames when heal is used
- Decreased MP cost for all magic
- Slightly faster MP regen
- Increased Hymn damage
- Hymm deals holy damage
- Increased Guardian Knuckle damage
- Damage increase for some weapons such as the Muramasa
- Beserker Mail no longer increases the amount of damage dealt from offensive souls
Whip Users (Johnathan, Julius, Richter)
- Decreased the MP cost of all sub weapons
- Holy Water damage increased
- Decreased MP cost for all magic
- Slightly faster MP regen?
- Holy Flames and Holy Lightning now also deal holy damage
- Skeletons (dead players) can now backdash and slide
- Skeletons can receive loot from boss chests
- You can self fail a run by holding LB+RB+A+B+X+Y together for 2 or 3 seconds
- Players can join a room any time while in the lobby
- When searching for custom games you can now also search for the difficulty and chapter
- Robe Decollete had a stats increase and also grants faster MP regen, making it superior to Death's Robe
- Enemies deal more damage than before
- Miser Ring can now be found on Chapter 7
- Latency bar in the lobby actually works now
- Dual Crushes deal more damage
What do you guys think about this update? leave your comments below, and please, don't be a jimmy.
What's the best XBOX live arcade title in 2010? Here's our nominees. Leave your comments below.
Goukijones and I had a great time solving the puzzles in co-op.
A bloody hack & slash with graphics straight out of Samurai Jack. I got a 100 hit combo Jimmy!
A totally unique game with a some cool puzzles and lots of gruesome deaths. A tad short, but interesting nonetheless.
PETA's worst nightmare, a block of meat as the hero. Another fun platformer for the XBLA.
Read full story...
By: goukijones Aug 22, 2011 | 6 Comments
Exclusive: Gouki.com hands-on with SF3oe. BatRastered and GoukiJones share their takes on the different screen settings, training modes, tournament brackets & more. Gameplay footage & dialogue from our time with Third Strike. 2 Exclusive videos.
I received a code late Friday afternoon and plugged it in right away. I only have a few moments with the game at that time here are some of my notes. Followed by the rest of what happened with SF3oe over the weekend.
Street Fighter III Online Edition During Embargo
It’s been a long time since I’ve played Street Fighter III and it’s been an even longer time since I’ve played it with a stick. I was terrible with Dudley’s Uppercut Super. My Dudley was PRO once. I played the arcade mode and lost to Makoto and Necro. I fought Necro 3 times and then a gave up. I’m terrible. The graphics are great and the gameplay is the EXACT same, without a doubt this is a sweet game to have for any fighting game fan. That pretty much wraps it up I guess.
The training feature is just like Marvel VS Capcom 3 and I love that. I did a few with Dudley and Hugo, who is also my boy. Some seemed impossible, but after about 45 minutes of doing low roundhouse, half circle back LP, EX Jet Uppercut, into regular jet uppercut juggle. Wow! Cool. This type of training is what made MvC3 so interesting to me at first. Now I love it. Can’t wait to try out the SF3 training mode more later.
Tonight (Saturday) I took the game over to Choke's estate. Choke, BatRastered, FnJimmy, Nififf and Chuck Deez were all there. Put a good few hours into the game tonight as well, just straight up playing versus. Everybody seemed to be loving the 3's. We all agreed that the controls were very tight and it was funny watching people trying to pull off supers. Frustration was all through out the room. Don't be a Jimmy.
BatRastered and I just filmed a video review. We thought, what better way to review the game, then to let you see what we're seeing. An guess what, we're seeing some really cool stuff. The tournament mode is cool. Online?! Double bonus. RANDOM! Holy shit, unPWNeevable there is random is Street Fighter III. Honestly I'm not that hype about that, a feature like that should be obvious. But I know it excites a lot of the Jimmys.
Here's the video
GoukiJones VS BatRastered Exhibition Championship
BUY IT!Read full story...
Trending Video Games
- Mario Kart 64
- Back 4 Blood
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
- Gotham Knights
- Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
- Battlefield 2042
- Dragon Age II
- Halo Infinite
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy