Blog: GameWorks & Gouki.com Present The Smash 4 Monthly Ranked Tournaments
We will feature a different game every week. Whichever game is on tournament will be featured on stream. Tournaments will run in a timely manner. They will be for high-stakes players. Live stream provided by 5th Dimension LV. Pot bonus at player cap.
GameWorks & Gouki.com Present The Smash 4 Monthly Ranked Tournaments
Upcoming Smash 4 tournament dates:
July 21 *Special Rules have been added for our EVO Salty Runback Community Appreciation tournament. **See update.
August 4 - Invitational
Guaranteed payout @ 32 players. (32 player max.)
1st Place: $400
2nd Place: $120
3rd Place: $60
4th Place: $30
That’s a $130 pot bonus from Gouki.com.
Guaranteed payout at 16 players.
1st Place: $160
2nd Place: $50
That’s a $50 pot bonus from Gouki.com.
If the cap is not met the payout will be 80/20 of the buy-in. More than 16 players 70/20/10. You can follow along with the buy-ins on tournaments.gouki.com.
This will be a ranked/High-stakes tournament.
Bring your own controller. Please desync properly after every match.
Doors open 6PM.
Casuals will be available from 6PM-11PM. Bring your own console space will be available.
At 7PM the tournament will begin.
Tournament hours will be 7PM-11PM.
$10 Online Registration.
$10 Pot Buy-in.
$30 @ the door, the day of the tournament. ($20 entry & $10 Buy-in)
All matches are 2/3 games except grand finals which is 3/5.
This tournament will be live streamed & the grand finals will be featured on Gouki.com.
Bookmark Gouki.tv or follow GoukiJones on Twitch.
Stream brought to you by 5th Ddimension LV.
For live tweets follow @GoukiNews on Twitter. Like Gouki on Facebook & join the event.
Special thanks to GameWorks Las Vegas for allowing use of their venue every week to keep our Street Fighter, Smash & all other fighting games growing.
[UPDATED] Jul 18, 2015 1:51:16 PM
Jul 18, 2015 by goukijones
[UPDATED] Jul 19, 2015 7:36:21 AM
Jul 19, 2015 by goukijones
Starting with the July 21st tournament we will be using a new international rule set for competitive smash. Thank you for your pertinence & we apologize for any inconvenience.
[UPDATED] Jul 20, 2015 9:26:09 AM
Jul 20, 2015 by goukijones
Announcing the new Vegas Smash 4 Ruleset Standard we'll use for all tournaments post EVO 2015:
Vegas Smash 4 Ruleset
Game: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
A. Game Settings
● Stock and time are set to 2 stocks and 6 minutes for Singles.
● Stock and time are set to 3 stocks and 8 minutes for Doubles. (Friendly Fire is set to on)
● Items are set to off.
● Custom Fighters/Moves are set to off.
● All DLC characters allowed.
● Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default Miis provided on console). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.
B. Stage List
● Battlefield (Miiverse) **
● Dreamland 64
● Final Destination
● Town & City
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles only)
● Lylat Cruise
● Omega Stages*
* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.
** If Battlefield is banned, Miiverse in turn is banned as well. Both stages treated as one and the same.
C. Additional Rules
● Stage Striking: Players play a game of Rock Paper Scissor. First stage is decided by strikes from the Starter Stages in a P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
● Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.
● Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player/team who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists.
● Self-destruct Moves: If a match ends with the successful use of a character’s selfdestruct move, the player that initiated the self destruct move wins the match regardless of what the results screen states. Selfdestruct moves include only Ganondorf’s Side B, King Dedede’s Neutral B, Wario’s Neutral B, Bowser’s Side B, and Kirby’s Neutral B.
● Team Colors: Players’ character colors must match their team's color when possible, to avoid confusion (Examples: Mario on the red team must use a red costume, Luigi on the green team must use a green costume, Mega Man or Sonic on the blue team must use a blue costume).
● After each match: Winner announces stage bans (2), Loser chooses counterpick stage, Winner chooses their character, Loser chooses their character
Trending Video Games
- Halo: Infinite
- Marvel's Avengers
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Remember Me
- Fallout 76
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Alice Madness Returns
- Crackdown 3
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Last Survivor