By: Cinderkin Dec 14, 2010 | 10 Comments
A translation of the most recent SSF4 blog changes has been posted for Dhalsim, M. Bison, Akuma, T. Hawk and Adon.
• Down-Back + Crouching Medium Punch has faster startup and less recovery time. Now this combo is possible, Down-Back + Crouching Medium Punch 2x into EX Yoga Flame.
• Faster startup time on the EX Yoga Flame, making it comboable from Medium Punch and Kick normal moves. Damage was reduced from 180 down to 120.
• Yoga Inferno (Super) damage was reduced to 300, down from 350.
• During back dash, airborne frame comes immediately after invincibility frames end.
• We looked through his damage again, and as a result he was nerfed a bit, but there are changes beneficial to Dhalsim in other parts of his game. He has a huge diversity between a good match-up and a terrible match-up, but he has strong potential in himself.
• If you hit with Standing Hard Kick from the knee up it does 80, if you hit with it from the knee down, does 110 damage.
• Crouching Light Kick's hittable box was made slightly larger, making it easier to counter.
• Light Scissor Kicks push back further when blocked, making it harder to punish him, but also making it more difficult to keep pressure on with Crouching Light Kick afterwards.
• Super is projectile invincible during its active frames.
• Ultra 2 is now a charge command, damage was also increased to 450. Was previously 420.
• Comparatively, he is above standard in terms of a character's strength, but he's more dependent on players' skills due to the adjustments.
• Medium Punch Shoryuken's invincibility was lengthened, now he is completely invincible for the first 5 frames.
• Air Hurricane Kick's jump arc was changed, so running away with it is impossible.
• EX Hurricane Kick damage and stun were reduced.
• His Ultra 2, when Canceled during teleport only, has bigger hitbox downwards. Standing Hard Punch, Teleport into Ultra 2, is possible now.
• During back dash, airborne frame comes immediately after invincibility frames end.
• Considering balance, the runaway tactic with his Air Hurricane Kick was removed, but other things can be done as you currently can, so you will be able to apply your skill in SSF4 to SSF4 AE as well.
• Close Standing Hard Kick's recovery time reduced, and changed frame advantage to be +4 on hit.
• Far Standing Hard Kick's hitstun and blockstun were increased, making it harder to punish.
• Neutral Jumping Hard Kick has slightly more active frames.
• EX Condor Dive can be used by itself now, by pressing all three Kick buttons. It's different from the regular version, as you can do it while jumping backwards as well, and it's invincible to projectiles until its active frames end.
• Light Punch Condor Spire's hitbox was extended forward.
• Condor Spire's meter gain upon activation was increased.
• Increased his Super's grab range to be the same as his Light Punch Mexican Typhoon. Was previously 1.35 range and is now 1.5.
• Ultra 2 has a faster startup time, and its invincibility window was lengthened and it remains active longer, making it very easy to use as an anti air attack.
• A solid buff was applied to Specials, Super and Ultra, and some tweaks were made to his normal moves. Basically, there are only buffs, so it'll be easier to face casts that were bad match-ups in SSF4.
• Many of Adon's normals were buffed.
• Crouching Light Punch, Close Standing Medium Punch and Crouching Hard Punch all had changes made to their frame data.
• Close Standing Medium Punch, on hit, will have a frame advantage of +6, so it's possible to Link specials moves to combo, although it's still not Cancelable. This move was -1 on hit in SSF4.
• Far Standing Light Punch, Far Standing Medium Punch and Crouching Medium Punch were given bigger hitboxes.
• EX Jaguar Tooth will not do the yellow EX Flash until he gets to the wall and is invincible to projectiles until grounded.
• Medium Jaguar Kick's hitbox was changed, so Close Standing Hard Punch into Medium Jaguar Kick will register as a combo.
• Super's (Varied Assault) startup changed to 7 frames, down from 9 in SSF4, and the first hit's hitbox is extended downward more.
• Wakeup time was nerfed. Adon now takes longer to get up off the ground than he did in SSF4.
• His buffs are centered around using his normals, so he will be stronger while on ground.
By: goukijones Aug 27, 2010 | 9 Comments
Join Gouki.com and the quest to destroy Final Fantasy XIV online. Watch the new prerelease trailer, like drinking a Adrenochrome straight. A sleeper Making of vids shows...
Gouki Guild sign up Jimmy!Read full story...
By: BatRastered Nov 17, 2013 | 0 Comments
Mad Catz unveils it's first Next-Gen fightstick, the Killer Instinct branded Tournament Edition 2.
Read full story...
Mad Catz is coming to your home in 2013 only on Xbox One! The Mad Catz Killer Instinct Tournament Edition 2 is here! LED lighting, internal access and authentic arcade parts are just the tip of the ice berg!
By: BatRastered Sep 18, 2013 | 0 Comments
Apparently I'm S.O.L. and this shit is impossible to find or make.
I started gaming more with my PC lately. I'm pretty happy with my existing keyboard for office use... programming, writing stories, etc. But I kind of want a full-on mechanical keyboard with the tactile feedback and precision that it comes with. However, I've gotten used to the split layout of the Microsoft Natural keyboard 4000, seen here.
Great for typing, not such a good gaming board. I went looking for the unicorn, a mix of mechanical function and ergonomic form. Here's what I found.Read full story...
A guide to beating the first endgame raid boss, Ifrit 'Hardmode'
For those that follow my twitter, (@ZeroUktG by the way) you may know I finally reached endgame last week and from the get go it gets real!
After you finish the main quest line you will be sent to Vesper Bay to grab your first endgame quest you must head to Camp Drybone and the beast men stronghold to unlock the battle itself.
Ifrit HM was the first endgame fight upon beating the main story quest line. This is an 8 man fight which means there's no room for error, he hits very hard. His abilities are the near the same as Lv20 and the fight is fairly similar but just be aware of your surroundings, Ifrit's moves do follow patterns that are easy avoidable.
Depending on your instance party it's wise to take a PLD for stun support and BLM or SMN for their AoE limit break. Both PLD and WAR are able to tank Ifrit with ease as long as he is positioned with his back to the party.
Front cone attack, should only effect your main tank. Deals minimal damage to all in range. With DPS attacking from behind this should be no problem for a quick heal to your tank.
This will target a member of your party with an AoE attack, it's easy avoidable but depending on your tank setup have your PLD or WAR keep stun on cool down to interrupt this ability and avoid missing crucial heals and spells from the casters, if you are hit it can deal critical damage. In phase 2 Ifrit will cast multiple Eruptions so don't over do it with the stuns, he will build up resistance.
A knock back AoE attack that deals around 600 damage, can be avoided by ranged DPS and healers depending on your positioning.
At around 75% he will start casting Radiant Plume.
For now he will only cast 2 versions of this and the order up to 50% hp will always be Outer rim then Middle. For casters and ranged DPS, stay far enough to avoid Vulcan Blast but be aware he will cast radiant plume so interrupt whatever you're casting. Later on he adds one more cast to this ability but I'll go over that in phase 2.
From the start of the fight around every 10-20% of hp we will warp to the side of the arena then zoom across the map in a line, if anyone is caught by this it will deal critical damage. To avoid this, crowd to the side of Ifrit or At 70% he will add a clone you can stack inbetween and after 50% he will add a third.
Phase 2 Infernal Nail and 50%-0%
Like normal mode Ifrit spawns the Infernal nail at 50% but this time he will place 4 down, it's always important to go over the kill order before the fight, start at the one next to Ifrit and work your way around clockwise, if you have a BLM or SMN have them use the AoE limit break to kill them off quickly.
If you do not have AoE limits then have a Melee DPS limit the first nail, focus attack in the 2nd and 3rd and limit break the last. Have the best geared member always use the limit for maximum damage.
If the Infernal nails aren't killed by the time limit it's instant K'O and a restart for the fight.
During phase 2 Ifrit uses all above abilities and Incineration twice as much. And adds his 3rd clone to Crimson Cyclone.
Every 30 seconds he will cast his 3 tier Radiant plume, this time after his middle plume all party members should stack up against Ifrit as Radiant Plume will cover the entire arena. The order is always run In/out/stack with around 10 seconds with each cast.
Ifrit is always a fun and challenging fight and hopefully your weapon will drop more frequently than mine.
Once I'm geared I will have Garuda and the dreaded Titan HM written
Thanks for reading,
Lego Overwatch coming in 2019
Lego and Blizzard have teamed up to create an exciting new batch of Lego sets based off of the hugely popular game Overwatch. The sets look super cool and I cannot wait to get my hands on them.
The Lego Overwatch sets are to be released sometime in 2019 and have been a well kept secret up until now. Unfortunately for Lego and Blizzard the news was prematurely leaked on the Target website much to early. Pictures of the sets were immediately taken from the site to be announced to the world much to Lego and Blizzard’s dismay. Since then Target has taken down the images and all links to the original post are deleted.
The only set I found available is sold on Amazon and up for pre-order. It is set to release on January 1, 2019 but this date may only be a placeholder to be filled in when the release date is official. The set is Lego Overwatch Hanzo and Genji #75971 priced at $19.99.
By: blazemanx Jul 3, 2011 | 6 Comments
My top 5 female fighters they are beautiful, sexy and powerful.
Fighting games have always been dominated by big strong men. In most fighting games females only make up 10 to 20 percent of the roster. Me personally i love women who can kick some ass and even though female fighters are out numbered like 5 to 1 i still prefer the minority. I have here my 5 favorite female fighters there beautiful they kick ass and to me they outshine most men. So without further delay here are my top 5.
For those of you who don't know jam is from the guilty gear series. She is hot (obviously) and she is one of the most badass kung fu style characters regardless of gender. She pulls off the whole fighting waitress thing perfectly and she is my overall favorite character in the guilty gears series. She also has a very unique look....just look at that hair. She made her debut in guilty gear X and has been a staple in the series since. If you don't know much about her or guilty gear i suggest you look them up you won't be disappointed.
King is originally from the snk fighter the art of fighting. She originally fought disguised as a man and it wasn't until the KOF series that she caught my attention. She is a muay thai fighter and the first female one i remember seeing. Just because she does muay thai don't think she fights like sagat or adon. Her move set is pretty unique and i love her for that. She is my favorite female snk character and i love her taunt " COME ON BABY"
The original female fighter miss chun li set a trend in the fighting game universe. She was one of the original 8 world warriors and she proved that a woman could hang with the big boys. To this day i believe chun li is the most popular female fighting game character of all time. She has a awesome fighting style and she has become one of the faces of the franchise. She is sexy and tough and can kick you ass what more do you want.
Cammy is one deadly piece of woman. I remember her when super street fighter 2 came out she was my favorite of the 4 new challengers. She is the second female fighter in the street fighter universe and is a good one. She is from england and was formerly under bisons psycho power control. She is almost as popular as chun li in my opinion. She has a really interesting fighting style that draws players to her. She is also one of the hottest females around no doubt about it.
As if you didn't already know, viper is my all time favorite female fighter. Viper first made her debut in street fighter 4 and in my opinion she is the most popular out of all the new comers in the street fighter 4 universe. Going into SF4 i didn't think she would become one of my favorites. In all honesty she wasn't even a favorite of mine until SSF4 was almost out. She has a truly unique style and is one of the hardest to characters to master but that just makes her that much more appealing. She may have not been out very long but she is already #1 in my heart and i look forward to seeing her in more games. Sexy has a new name and that name is crimson viper.
These women show that you can kick ass and be sexy while doing it. What are some of your favorite female fighters? Let us know and don't be a jimmy.
Sign up now! Currently only for Android users.
Not much is known about this game right now. I just signed up for the closed beta. You can sign up by heading over to this link. You might need to have a QR reader, there is a link on the sign up page. Do it on your phone to register the game to your phone. It only works on Android Phones at this time.
By: BatRastered Sep 1, 2012 | 2 Comments
NVIDIA looks to bring the next gen power of their Kepler chips to the mainstream with the $300-ish 660ti
The new GeForce 660ti retails for about $300 and will run any modern game at 1920x1080 on high settings with PhysX enabled according to our contact at NVIDIA. There aren't a ton of games that make good use of PhysX but Borderlands 2 is one... that demo is the first PC demo to make me feel like I'm missing out on something by playing the game on a console. And guess what? For a limited time buy a 660ti on Amazon and get Borderlands 2 for free. That's a great combo right there!
Click the source link for the full press release.Read full story...
Sony to defer to Microsofts's XBOX
At 1pm eastern standard time a behind closed door meeting of Microsoft CEO Bill Gates and Sony CEO Howard Stringer concluded after about 2 hours time. Although what was said is not 100% sure what is known is that Sony will sell Its right to the PS3 to Microsoft! Coupled by the loss of many "Exclusive" rights of games, and the Xbox live community being so much better then Sony's. The PS3 has struggled since its release. The XBOX and Wii systems proved too much for Sony to compete with. The exact details of the deal are not known, but what we do know is that Microsoft will receieve the rights to BLUE RAY TECHNOLOGY and the last of PS3's exclusive games. ie God of War, Metal Gear, Little big Planet Etc Etc. Sony decided this was necessary to survive in the video gaming world. Along with this deal Sony cannot launch a new system for 5 years! Although they may develop one. This is huge news and gives way to a future Xbox with a blue ray player, making it perhaps the perfect video gaming system! Perhaps in PROJECT NATAL?
The Vampires invaded Lums world. The only way to stop them is to destroy their hideouts in the shadows and expose them to the light. Is it worth your money? Find out in the review.
iPhone games are getting more and more popular as the years go on with games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, and Cut the Rope. There are hundreds of thousands of games on the app store and most of them are filled with micro transactions. I rarely play iPhone games because they aren’t really fun, but sometimes a game comes out that gets you hooked. That game is Lums, the game of lights and shadows.
Developed by Hyperbolic Magnetism Lums at first glance looks like a clone of Angry Birds, but you’ll soon realize that not only is it a different game it’s much better. Vampires have invaded the world of Lums and the only way to stop them is to expose them to the light. The game offers 48 levels with over a 100 stars to collect. With 5 different characters to use, each with unique abilities that help you destroy the vampires. There is the Cannonball Lum who is best at destroying everything, create spotlights with the Light Lum, or turn vampires into stone with the Stone Lum and more.
The gameplay of Lums is slightly similar to Angry Birds, although you have full control over your Lums. While holding your finger to the screen and swiping around you can maneuver your Lum in any direction you want. The levels are designed so that there are hazards you must avoid while also trying to collect stars. With well-placed vampires you’ll need to figure out the best path of destroying them while also going fast to score the most points. If a level gets too difficult or you have trouble completing it there is a Nuke Bomb available to you.
The game has a dark setting, but the detail in the levels as well as the little characters are very nice. From the rain effects to the light burning vampires, this game although with a dark pallet of colors still shows off great detail and art. The audio soundtrack reminds me of the Terminator and Zelda, which you may think is an odd combo, but it works quite well.
Lums is an iphone game that complements its touch controls well and is a challenging but rewarding experience. For only a $0.99 you really have no reason not to pick up this little gem from the app store. Lums is also available for $1.99 for the iPad for those that have one. It’s the perfect game to play on the go, during breaks at work, or even at home lounging. Be sure to grab Lums today. You’ll be glad you did.
By: BatRastered May 23, 2018 | 0 Comments
New gathering items added in the most recent FFXIV patch 4.3
Here are the new nodes, go make that gil!
The new items are 2 star just like the 4.2 items and require 1350 perception for an HQ chance.
Trending Video Games
- Xbox One
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed Revelations
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Sunset Overdrive
- Halo: Infinite
- Crackdown 3
- Fallout 76
- Knights Contract