By: dancegrenade Feb 9, 2011 | 20 Comments
A sneak peak into the mind of a Marvel vs Capcom competitor.
Oh hi there. My name is Damien Rodwell Jenkins aka dancegrenade, I play Marvel vs Capcom 3 professionaly and Team Tentacle Rape is who i run with. LMFAO i wanna say that in a interview in the future or something. For real though i plan to put a lot of energy to Marvel and see how far it can take me, while still having fun and enjoying life in the process.
I love all fighters, but the only ones i ever really tried to learn and get good at were, Third Strike, Blazeblu, Garou Mark of the Wolves, Super Smash Brothers Brawl (only cause of Solid Snake i promise you this D:) and Vanilla Street Fighter IV. I played Marvel vs Capcom 2 and loved it but i got really intimated watching all the higher level players do shit i couldnt even comprehend. So i chose to sit back and watch and learned pretty much all i needed to know to understand what the heck was going on screen. Third Strike is probably my favorite out of all the games i mentioned. I just really loved Urien as a character and the way he was played. Aegis Reflector has to be coolest fucking thing in the Street Fighter universe. You get to be really creative with it and do really fancy and also viable bullshit all freaking day! I really love evil characters as well, who say really bad ass things that would just be out of control to say to anybody.
I could go on and on of why i love Marvel so much. Crossovers are always pretty fucking dope, and mixing these crazy epic individuals to form teams to fight amongst each other is just over the top and possibly one of the greatest ideas ever thought of. The hype this game generates when you see players do epic shit is on a whole new level of euphoria, and needs to be appreciated and recognized. I plan to make people say "Dude this guy is really fucking good" when they see me rape with Team Tentacle Rape! Well i am still not sure of the team name, but i do know who the team will consist of. Jill Valentine, Sentinel, and Shuma Gorath.
Jill Valentine has always been sick to me since Resident Evil 3. Anyone who survives a zombie apocalypse is pretty dope in my book. On top of that, she is a part of S.T.A.R.S which is tight as fuck. She is pretty hott as well so that kinda works too. Nah but really i love humans with no super powers that kick ass, especially those that are experts at survival.
Sentinel has always just been an awesome character and i really love the idea of like controlling a giant robot that specializes in killing people who were born with super natural abilities and such. Also i like the idea of having a tank on my team who can absorb some damage while dealing some.
Shuma Gorath is just pure awesome. Anyone who wants to know his orgins and what not should wiki him or something i can't explain in words how awesome i think he is. Just the idea that this super powerful being is just a big eye ball with tentacles and can shape shift and do all these other unimaginable things just makes me graviate to learning such a unique character.
I plan to use each of these characters at max potential, and given that each of these characters are really unique and have lots to bring to the table, i shall have some awesome results. Getting in the lab with these 3 characters is all i dream about. I don't know how exactly these characters will compliment each other, but i have such a strong a feeling i will be satisfied and make it work. Jills speed, Sentinels Defense, and Shumas Power will take me to victory.
Too bad i have to wait till March to try out Shuma and Jill. That's okay cause that gives me time to learn a little about th e rest of the cast so i won't be as surprised with certain matchups and i can use this knowledge to greatly increase my teams strength.
Anyone who doesnt have a clue what I am talking about should check out this video
Well goodluck to everyone who is buying this game and plans on competing. Hope to see you at future tournaments!
P.S Leave some comments on what teams you will be using and why! Always nice to hear thoughts from other people.
here is a list and some background info on the top 5 characters i want added to MVC3.
Recently seth killian was interviewed about many topics and one of them was MVC3. He implied that they have not abandoned the game and are indeed working on something. Most are 99.9% sure more characters are on the way its just a matter of time. Here are my top 5 characters i want added.
Strider Hiryu is a ninja-style warrior who must defeat a legendary being known as Grandmaster Meio. Meio has observed Earth from his dwelling in a far off galaxy, and has created a space station (known as "The Third Moon"), between Earth and its original moon in order to rule earth and continue observation... The year is 2048.
Armed with a Cypher (a razor-sharp blade, wielded similarly to a tonfa which generates metal-cutting plasma) called Falchion, Hiryu must travel around the globe (including the Soviet Union and the Amazon Rainforest) to find and destroy the evil being. His original debut was in the original Capcom 2D side-scrolling game, Strider.
Strider was one of my mains in MVC2 i loved his speed and combo appeal. In a game like MVC3 he would be more of a combo machine than dante and i would expect to see him used by most pro players.
Abandoned at birth due to his burning red eyes, the child who would one day become Remy LeBeau was kidnapped from his hospital ward by members of the New Orleans Thieves' Guild who referred to the child as "le diable blanc" - the white devil. They believed he was the child that had been prophesied to unite the warring Guilds. Soon after, Remy was placed in the care of a gang of street thieves who raised the child and taught him the ways of thievery.
Gambit is one slick badass he was always one of my favorite x-men. He is really popular in the previous VS games and would fit right in with the current MVC3 cast. I know a lot of people would love to see how awesome royal flush would look in the MVC3 engine. I could see him as a mix between rush down and zoning and used a lot.
Mai-Ling is a skilled martial artist from Gora. Recently she left her hometown and participated in a martial arts tournament in which she won first place. Overjoyed she returned home to tell her family, but her joy turned to horror when she found her home ablaze. As she stood in shock the harpy, Lavia, descended from the sky and took credit for the destruction. So begins her journey to discover what evil has befallen the world.
Mia-Ling is from the VERY little known capcom fighting game red earth. She is a pure melee fighter and i think she would be a fantastic addition to MVC3. She would fill a few voids like more female characters and the badass kung fu style character. I could see her being a pure rushdown character with lots of over heads and heavy hitting combos and hypers.
Scott Summers, better known as Cyclops, discovered his mutant ability to direct and control his powerful optic blast, a powerful energy beam emitting from his eyes, during his difficult childhood. Having lost his parents at an early age and raised in an orphanage, he was eventually found by Charles Xavier and became the first member of the original X-men. Cyclops is also the father of Cable and husband of Jean Grey.
Cyclops is my favorite x-man and he NEEDS to be in this game. It just doesn't feel right without him in my opinion he was part of the backbone of MVC2 but thats just me. I could see him being just like in MVC2 but with a new level 3 hyper.
Ominous clouds of ill-omen obscure the castle. Pale moonlight shrines forth into Lord Maximov's inner chamber... he is awake! "The day of battle is soon to come..." muses the Romanian noble, "after a century of waiting, there are finally foes worth fighting!" With an evil grin, Demitri rises to his feet. After a hundred years of slumber. Demitri seeks to make "Prince of Darkness" the most feared name in the netherworld once again.
Morrigan, who is a daughter of Aensland, succeeded to the position of ruler of the Makai (the world of devils), after the timely death of Berial. The night before the final battle to decide who will be the true ruler of the Makai, Demitri's eternal castle has once again been drawn to the evil dimension by mysterious supernatural powers. "Is this an act of Doma?" "I know not of what he is up to, but no chance exists for a loser of his sort." Regretfully putting aside the battle with Morrigan for the time being, Demitri slowly rises from his enchanted coffin to terminate the loser who poses as a ruler. "I will make him fully aware of his place... I am the sole entity that can rule the Makai
Demitri is my #1 overall pick to be in MVC3. He is my favorite darkstalker character but he never gets any love. Capcom puts him in japanese crossover games and thats all well and good for japanese fans BUT NOT FOR ME. Its always morrigan that is the main character to rep darkstalkers in high profile crossover games. I know i can't be the only one who wants him in. I think an appearance in MVC3 could be his most badass appearance to date. He would most likely be balance between zoning and mix up options. I hear one of the reasons he was not included was because his midnight bliss super would be a pain to animate. Well i say bullcrap they could just make one new 3D model for midnight bliss and use it for all characters instead of creating 3D models for nearly 40 characters.
Those are my top 5 hopefully at lease one of these characters make it. I would like to know who you guys would like to see added. Let us know and don't be a jimmy.
Capcom has recently released the reveal trailers for the earlier cast members for Marvel vs Capcom 3. These are the characters that were revealed near the beginning and didn't get the same treatment as the rest of the cast. Check them out.
To check out the rest of the cast hit this link.
What did you think of these trailers? Some of them would have been nice to see near the beginning, but better late than never. Which ones were your favorites? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Some more videos have surfaced of Jill and Shuma in Marvel vs Capcom 3. These are from hacked versions of the retail disc, so keep that in mind. As these may not be final.
So what do you think about this? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Apparently there are going to be a couple of Wal-Marts around the US that's going to be holding a special MvC3 Tournament soon.
Okay, So I went to my local Wal-Mart a couple of days ago, and I learned from an employee at the electronics department area that there will be a special tournament for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 the day before release. anyone who enters will have a chance to score a special tournament editition of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (It's just the standard Ver., only with a much Cooler cover page, in my opinion.) people who also enters the tournament will also gain capcom community points (trying to remember how much per entree), as well as a bigger amount going for the grand prize winner. So, if you want to have a look, go to your local Wal-Mart (most likely supercenter), and see if they are doing it (I know the one I go to is hosting one of these tournaments. After all, I live right next to it.) hopefully I could get a photo of the special cover in the coming days.
Leave your comments here, and don't be a Jimmy!
I went to Wal-Mart today and got the photos of the flyer and the special boxart cover. here they are:
Capcom has released this article on Friday:
By: goukijones Jan 17, 2011 | 13 Comments
Killzone 3 Move enabled Helghast fanboy style has a hefty price tag. A look at the the collector's Edition and Pre-order Bonus DLC for upcoming titles such as Marvel VS Capcom 3, Dead Space 2, and Bulletstorm.
Deals Jimmy! Returns with the front end of the year blowout. During the Holiday Break not much is happening in the video games deals department. Now that we're well into the new year it's time to get started with SAVING MONEY ON VIDEO GAMES. There's a couple of games with great coupons and bonus DLC. I always say, IF you gotta pay full price at least make sure you're getting something for free with it. Like the MvC3 console sticker decals that nobody cares about. lol. Happy shopping and start stacking those coupons Jimmy.Read full story...
Marvel vs Capcom 3 has it's first tv spot. Recently released showing off some new footage as well as old. Check it out! If you look closely you may see a surprise.
Did you see it? Was that The Green Goblin's glider? For those who don't know who that is, he is one of Spider-Man ultimate nemesis. If you missed it check out these screens below for a closer look.
Spider-Man is actually riding it
What do you think? Is the Green Goblin going to make his Marvel vs Capcom debut or is this just a glimpse into episode 4? Tell us what you think in the comments. Be sure to vote in the poll. Don't be a Jimmy
Thanks for reading!
By: goukijones Jan 31, 2011 | 12 Comments
MS Points $17.99, Xbox Live $39.99 Two Worlds II $39.99 Royal Edition $99.99. Coupons for Test Drive Unlimited 2. Info on Amazon's $0.99 Release Day Delivery. Replica Dragon Age swords $449.00. Kmart coupons disappear and high Kinect game trade-in values.
Every little bit counts. Watch your saving stack up. Welcome to Deals Jimmy!Read full story...
By: goukijones Jan 10, 2011 | 11 Comments
Gouki.com caught up with Justin Wong and EG MaRN at CES this past Friday in a exclusive interview. They were asked about their dream characters, who they are using in MvC3 and what went down at the secret fight club from Thursday night.
Big thanks to Justin Wong and EG MaRN for giving us their time at CES over the weekend. The Gouki.com seven footer Cinderkin spotted Justin and Marn, chased them down and backed them up against the wall for an exclusive interview. Both Justin and Marn were super cool and answered questions about who they are using in Marvel VS Capcom 3. How the game played at Thursday nights secret fight club. Both gave a really cool quick promo for the Gouki.com Marvel Vs Capcom 3 giveaway. Thanks a lot for the interview guys.
The first week of MVC3, I settled into a team of x-23, Magneto and Morrigan. Without knowing it, the team worked well in Unison. In the past couple of months I've switched out Morrigan for Wesker. Both characters have their own uses for the team.
First off, I'll go through how all the team members work out with each other and basic strengths, then I'll go into the Morrigan or Wesker comparison for who is overall better. I won't go into detail with combos, this is just a basic overview.
X-23 usually goes as my starting character. Fast rush down and multi-hit attacks work great in the start.
- Decent ground combo, air combo, then Wesker low assist on ground into Weapon X-Prime leaves the opponent in a spinning state. DHC-ing into Wesker's Rhino Charge resets the damage. After Rhino charge do low shot, crouching combo into launch combo. Using these 2 bars is enough to kill Sentinel (I use him a an example because of how annoying he is) and most characters in the game. Tanks like Hulk and Thor are left with a quarter health. She can use the same technique and DHC glitch into Mag's Tempest.
- During her combos, she has high mix-ups with H Mirage Feint. Calling Wesker low assist during these causes an un-block-able when timed correctly.
- Using Magneto's Disrupter assist to cover your M Mirage Feint can cross up opponents and ultimately helps you get in very fast.
- X-23's BnB combos ending with her Rage Trigger Super do great damage and are easy to score. Morrigans meter building assist a long with the amount of Meter both x-23 and Magneto build in their long combos, makes 5 meters extremely easy to get.
- She can also DHC her lvl 1's into Any of Weskers supers, Magnetos (Tempest only upon X-Prime) and all of Morrigan's.
Magneto is usually my second (sometimes first). His keep away game is good and his air-combos are amazing.
- Both Wesker and X-23 help magneto create tricky blocking situations and un-block-ables. While someone is blocking his low combo, he can call Wesker or X-23 low assist, and go into flight mode for an instant overhead.
- Another great tool for the low assist is doing ridiculous Magneto combos. Basic low combo into air combo, upon spiking them down, call one of the low assist and hyper grab, you can link this into super or relauch for another air combo, spike down, and do the same with the second assist. With enough meter, I usually end this with lvl 3. The hyper grab with these assist also allows a free snapback.
- With DHC'S, both of Mag's lvl 1's link with 23's lvl 1's, and Wesker's Phantom Dance AND his lvl 3! He can also DHC into Morrigan with full damage (if close enough). And anything can be DHC'd into gravity squeezes.
- Alone Magneto is a beast because of his flight cancel combos, L Disrupter and mobility.
Morrigan I feel has the strongest comeback factor (but lowest damage) and is usually last.
- Morrigan is last for her strong ability to put on high-low mix up pressure. Her Clone super a long with x-factor can be extremely confusing for people to deal with.
- While Morrigan does her multi hit high S attack, you can immediately start attacking low. If they are blocking low, I can call x-23 low assist and then air S while x23 hits low.
- Morrigan's fireballs are slow and her Flight Mode is as well. Mag's Disrupter assist is a great tool for helping her get in.
- Morrigan's air properties are a bit weird during her combos, but it is possible to get an extended combo with 23's low assist after air combo.
- She can flight cancel her fireballs ; 2 fireballs on screen at once. During her clone super, this makes 4 fireballs at once. Doing that a long with Magnetos beam assist causes TONS of frustration and damage, or lots of chip.
- All of Morrigan's supers DHC extremely well with her teammates. The Finishing Shower and Astral Servant both hold the enemies well enough for a full DHC to hit.
Wesker is also used as a last character because of the huge comeback factor. His damage is already amazing and in X-factor it is unbelievable. Also since Wesker has so many tools, he can handle comebacks well. But his explosive damage and command grab make him a great starter as well.
- After Wesker's Air combo, he can gunshot into Magneto assist, leading into another launch, then gun shot into 23 assist for a third launch. The scaling does get heavy, and the hit stun deterioration is noticeable, but this can be ended with another gunshot team super, x factor combo or air super.
- Firing your gun as Magneto shoots Disrupter, then immediately teleporting while the beam shoots can cause great confusion in your opponents.
- Only chip damage he has is the gun and Phantom Dance super. They both do very little chip, but the gun does a chunk in x-factor.
- Can DHC from Phantom Dance to Weapon X Prime but can be tricky but if y have a third member , this could lead into a awesome dhc reset depending on their super. Most of Wesker's DHC options miss, only do a little damage or take awkward timing.
- Low assist during block string into air teleport behind enemy for an overhead can be a bit tricky.
SOOOOOO, how do they do overall?
- Meter building assist is rape, especially since Magneto and X-23 can easily end very big combos with a super. Also having ton of meter towards the end and using Clone assist as much as possible with X-factor is a godlike way to make a comeback.
- Air S is one of the best anti- armor moves in the game.
- Flight Cancel combos create annoying fireballs, and make any unsafe move...safe :p
- Lvl 1's can be DHC'd into very well, more importantly her lvl 3 is EXTREMELY DHC friendly due to the awesome hit box and active frames.
- Has trouble getting in sometimes due to her extremely limited movement. But can keep you guessing with the options she has while flying.
- Attacks can be confusing and great block strings, but without an assist someone can get used to the mix ups.
- Command grab isn't comoable, but her back throw is...
- Air combos are a bit weak without flight cancels
- The strongest out of the team, way stronger than Morrigan. And most Health.
- Most versatility and tools. Combo-able command grabs, several wall bounce moves and amazing re-launch combos with assist.
- DHC's can be weird at times and lvl 3 dhc takes weird timing due to small hit box.
- Gun teleport combos can be tricky and create cross ups.
- Can't fly, but can teleport 3 times in the air before landing.
Overall, Wesker is a better character. But someone who has trouble with high-low mix ups, crazy fireball zoning and extremely long block strings can be destroyed easily by Morrigan. In the end, depending on the player I switch them in and out. Sometimes having both of them on the same team by taking out Magnus ;) 3 Things Morrigan definitely has over Wesker are zoning(his gun and teleports are fast but, someone who can fly and litter the screen with fireballs is more effective), ability to fly around and extremely fast moves that beat armor attacks a long with her her multi hit jumping S that rapes armor. The overkill power of Wesker in lvl 3 X-factor can kill most characters with counter super into abc launch combo easily and his speed is great.
Hope you enjoyed the read, maybe it helped you with some strategies. I wish I could show combos and strategies in a video but...I have no camera. Next time I'll go over my second team consisting of Ryu, Hulk and Shuma/Morrigan .
By: goukijones Jan 24, 2011 | 11 Comments
It's that time of year, Video Game season 2011. Dead Space 2 & Two Worlds II releaese 1/25/2011 & the weeks to follow gamers will see some huge titles released. Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Homefront, Bulletstorm & the Playstation/Move/3D compatible Killzone 3.
What do you need, what do you want, we got Deals Jimmy! Keep an eye on those Xbox Live subscriptions and buy them whenever you see them on sale. They stack up, never expire and make great gifts. Controllers are on sale, especially if you want the new one with the new d-pad. Can't find a Playstation Move Controller? Neither can we.
It's that time of year again, Video Game season is in full swing. Dead Space 2($54.96) and Two Worlds II releaese 1/25/2011 and the weeks to follow gamers will have some huge titles released. Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Dragon Age II, Bulletstorm and the Playstation/Move/3D compatible Killzone 3. Check out these deals We've been watching below.Read full story...
DamnLag.com has created a fan speculation list of where the Alternate Costume may have come from. While some are very accurate others don't quite make sense. Check it out!
This is quite a list. Going through almost all the released characters up to date. Check it out
Did they miss anything? Is this list inaccurate? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Stay tuned for the Gouki.com Marvel vs Capcom 3 Full Blown Preview!!!! Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed Revelations
- Crackdown 3
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Halo: Infinite
- Sunset Overdrive
- Sim City
- Left 4 Dead
- Fallout 76