A top seven list for most anticipated of E3 2011!
What up Jimmies? No one likes to read, so here's my top seven most anticipated games of E3!
Other games that didn't make the cut;
Alan Wake 2(?)
Soul Calibur 5
Ghost Recon: Furture Soldier
Ninja Gaiden 3
and more!!! The best year to be a gamer!!!
Complete list of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Changes as of September 15, 2010.
Found this over at http://shoryuken.com/
A lot more info than what was posted originally. Still take these with a grain of salt, as they are changes that are being tested and may not remain.
Yun and Yang have been added to SSF4 as of the Osaka location test. Another location test is scheduled during Super Battle Opera. The game is expected to release in December.
- Genei Jin is his super
- Yun feels stiff like Makoto does, but has his target combos
- build meter FAST because of the speed of his light palm ( ? ).
- LP forward special punch is good for block string, it's safe on block.
- His Dive kick is the same as Rufus.
- Arc jump is dictator like.
- Viper Walk speed.
- C.mk is crap.
- His super is about juggle, can take 40% life on Hawk.
- Ultra are useless outside of corner
- Yun can Tetsu Zankou (Shoulder) xx FADC xx Ultra 1
I couldn't FADC Nishou Kyaku (Up Kicks) at all, this may mean I suck or it may mean wake up Dragon Kick isn't a great option for Yun
Yun's Zesshou Hohou (Lunging Punch thing) was armor breaking
- Yun color 1 is Blue, color 2 is yellow.
- Multiple sources saw a Yun Genei Jin combo doover 50%, it looks like a very strong super
- Ultra 1 looks like a few punches, then a Balrog Ultra 2 foot/ground stomp then a Makoto Ultra 1 punch into the air
- Ultra 2 was a few hits, then a Gen leg hurricane into the air, footstomps on their back back to the ground.
- Shoulder seemed to have worse range than you'd hope.
- Dragon Kicks seemed to trade quite a bit
- His overhead (Toward and MK, can crossup a downed opponent).
U1 You Hou, U2 Sorai Rengeki. Super is Genei Jin
U1 is 4-hit, last hit is a launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway. Very similar to Makoto's U2. Can follow up U1 with Zesshou (lunge punch), or GJ combos. Only if GJ is activated before U1. I tried to activate afterwards, could not get anything to connect in time. Short range, does not hit on any FADC'd moved.
- U2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides the opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. Similar to Fei Long's U1. Does not combo from any FADC's. Short range.
- Genei Jin - shadows, cancel recovery on all moves, everything juggles. Was able to get 40-50% off GJ combos mid-screen, 50-60% in the corner. Can be super-cancelled off Tetsu Zankou (shoulder check).
- Kobokushi (palm move) - Jab is a fake, Strong/Fierce change the distance at which the opponent flies away. EX Nishou Kyaku (up kicks) will probably be good anti-air. Ultras do not combo off MK launcher.
- Yang also has his 3s target combos
- L/M/H Dive kicks do not change angle.
- Dive kicks would not come out as low as Rufus.
- EX Palm has a wall bounce
- Ultra 2 after Wall Bounce didn't connect, could have been timing issue though.
- c.LK xx Slashes works
- Window between slashes is quite lengthy.
- Yang Ultra 1 startup lost to T. Hawk Dragon punch but beat T. Hawk SPD
- Yang can Kaihou (Up kicks) xx FADC xx EX Slashes (execution fail on Ultra test sorry)
- c.mk into Slashes does work
- Yangs dive kick is the same as Yuns as far as I can tell.
- Yang's Super is double QCB + Punch, can cancel into into it from QCB + P (Palm)
- QCB + LP seemed to be fake palm.
- Yang color one is Pinkish, color two is purple.
- Yang's command dash was in and crossed up like Ibukis.
- EX Slashs looked like a great move, crazy fast.
- Super was Seiei Enbu
- Ultra 1 was a fancy ass version of Gens Punch Ultra 1, (it looked f'in cool though)."
- U1 Yang throws out a single attack - if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there - similar to Makoto's U1. Animation is sort of like Gen/Guy's, but with Yang style. Close range.
- U2 Yang rolls forward and goes up in the air with his rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks - looks like Yun's Nishou Kyaku. U2 will pass under fireballs. Seems to have some tracking properties - if U2 started while opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where the opponent is for non-animation damage. Combos off FADC/MK Launcher for non-animation damage.
- SE - Works similar to 3S. Doesn't seem nearly as useful as Yun's GJ of course.
- command grab damage nerf
- more recovery on breathless
- rolls have a little bit more recovery
- Adon doesn't get up as quickly after a knock down now, although it still seems to be quicker than other characters.
- EX Jaguar Tooth doesn't do the yellow glow, like other EX moves, until after you reach the wall. Not sure what effect this has, if any, on the move.
- Same as ryu, escaping hurricane kick nerf
- Ultra 2 is faster and apparently can be comboed into from a Shoryuken, Focus Attack Dash Cancel.
- EX Dragon Punch damage reduced.
- Hard Punch Red Fireball damage increased.
- May have slower walk speed. Akuma was tied for fastest walk speed in the game in SSF4.
- Ultra 2 is indeed 2x Half Circle
- U2 now charge motion, way more recovery
- Blocked Blanka Ball now recoils at half the distance, much easier to punish.
- Normals easier to combo
- tiger-knee Canon Strike no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, EX can still be tiger-kneed.
- HK spiral arrow's distance to get 2 hits is shorter
- sweep doesn't seem to deal as much stun
- faster walk speed
- ex zonk distance is shorter
- Medium ruffian is longer
- Hard ruffian may hit some crouching characters, like Gief
- Higher jumping taunt
- Ultra 1 seemed to do less chip damage
- standing HK is now overhead
- Rose taunt has less recovery
- EX Ducking, with less recovery than regular
- crouch HK comes out faster
- Ultra Spark got a damage nerf
- Ultra 2 (啼牙? jump QCF x2 one) is faster
- Gouken's LP rush punch has no forward movement, but is faster.
- His counter is now DP + Punch. LP for low body counter, MP for upper, HP is unclear.
- Damage down
- Hitbox tweak on mp hp combo, doesnt wiff crouchers anymore.
- Lp hozanto is safe from spd and light hawk spd
- U2 is decent now, less recovery on whiff, distance fixed.
- His flip grab has been toned down, 120 damage instead of 200
- Hp Hozanto is faster than before
- forward -> MP overhead is now 2 hit
- Slide has now 2 options afterwards: P -> additional attack, K -> auto oil up
- oils stack
- 360+K can now be cancelled
- Jump arc changed?
- Ultra 2 is now HCBx2
- Damage decreased
- Can connect target combo to HK? (not sure what this means)
- The upkick part of her fireball will combo into the fireball itself now if you do not store it
- EX Tatsu can be blocked low.
- More recovery on jab SRK.
- Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu
- gets Armor Break EX Hayate,
- more invincibility on Oroshi,
- damage boost on Fukiage.
- File under "Wild Speculation". It *looked* like her Fukiage (Up Punch) hitbox had been moved forward a bit. Also I may have seen her combo into Fukiage after EX Hayate in the corner but tbh I'm not really certain what I saw when that happened. Crazy mixups were afoot
- lost all invincibility on Soul Satellite.
- hurricane kicks are not good for escaping anymore
- more recovery on tiger knee
- damage BUFF on tiger uppercut
- Vanilla's standing lk is back. One hit, special cancelable, vanilla distance, does near 40dmg.
- light kick Tiger Knee is vanilla like, mk and hk are useless.
- More recovery on high Tiger Shot
- angry scar is now done using kick button
- I noticed absolutely no easy-to-see visible changes. There may or may not have been damage changes, but I didn't really notice any.
- no more jump HP
- air down+MK steps have weakened hitbox
- Ultra 1 is now "fireball-like" - can be deflected by other character's fireballs
- j.Fierce looks like he is doing a shoulder charge, similar to how his focus attack looks
- now has a standalone EX Condor Dive (KKK), and can be done on back jumps
- U2 startup and hitbox are improved.
- St. FP has better properties which aren't known, either bigger hitbox or more priority (or both?).
- Ex flip kick = viable reversal now.
- Less damage on ex wall dive grab.
- EX green hand no longer knocks down
- Defensive EX SPD beat out Attackers SPD after an EX Green Hand on hit
- Zangeif jab SPD range seems bigger, but the source says it could be eyes playing tricks
- Range on U2 increased, recovery also increased
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Jun 1, 2011 | 8 Comments
Desk is back with a new Execution Exhibition video this time featuring El Fuerte and Abel. This is really cool if you're looking to get your execution down with these characters. Check it out.
Not a combo video as such, more an exhibition of what the featured characters are capable of. Each clip is essentially a 'set piece' that you could practice, to aid in improving execution and general consistency. The HQ, close-up stick footage and detailed, real-time transcript is present to help you along, if you want to be hardcore :)
He's currently taking votes on which of the twins [Yun/Yang] will feature in my premiere SSFIV:AE video. Whoever get the most votes (Yun/Yang) will be the subject of a dedicated character combo video on June 7th.
Also you can check out Episode 1. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: goukijones Mar 11, 2013 | 3 Comments
FnJimmy thinks it's over after he wins Luigi's Raceway. Well guess what, there's 15 more tracks nubfarm. 15 races. Mirrior tracks. Mario Kart 64. March 8, 2013.
Don't get me wrong FnJimmy is my best friend for like over 20 years. I just can't stand his fuckin' face & everything that he does. He's terrible at video games & when he lucks out in Street Fighter every once in a while & defeats me, I want to kill myself. Luckily he stands 0 chance in Mario Kart. Ha ha! Don't be a Jimmy!
Vote, comment & share. Thanks for watching.
By: goukijones Aug 18, 2013 | 3 Comments
Can FnJimmy get a first place? Not even close. Check out our weekly MK64 session. There are some great finished once again & Batty get railed on Wario Stadium.
How bad is FnJimmy. On scale of 1 to 10 please rate him in the comment below.
Thanks for watching.
By: goukijones Jun 12, 2018 | 0 Comments
My firsthand account of the Sony PlayStation Press Conference E3 2018.
Playstation had the strangest press conference this year. The first part was in a tent designed to look like a level from The Last of Us Part II. I’ve been to these press conferences before, and everybody was complaining it was hot in L.A. I would not have tolerated one droplet of drip during any of these shows nowadays. There is no need for separate tents, huge dance numbers, dirt bikes, 100 consoles on stage for no reason. WTF. I strongly believe the people planning out the press conferences don’t actually even play video games. Anyway, The Last of Us Part II looks like it’s going to be as much fun as the first one.
Video Game Company Sucker Punch Productions who previously developed Sly Cooper and the Infamous games, showed off their new game. Samurai Batman!
Read full story...
OnLive gets some popular Square Enix Titles!
Palo Alto, Calif., March 1, 2011—OnLive, Inc., the pioneer of on-demand, instant-play video games, today announced the addition of more than a dozen top-tier Square Enix games to its PlayPack monthly subscription plan, including previously released titles from major franchises such as Tomb Raider™, Deus Ex™, Thief™, Mini Ninjas™ and Hitman™. The Square Enix titles will begin arriving in the OnLive PlayPack service in a few weeks. OnLive’s continuously growing library of PlayPack games provide an "all-you-can-play" option for subscribers for only $9.99/month—allowing them to play instantly on TVs via the OnLive Game System and on virtually any PC or Mac® via a small browser download.
"OnLive’s PlayPack has been a huge hit with our members since launch. With the addition of these classic and highly popular game titles from Square Enix, OnLive PlayPack members will further enjoy a rich and cost-effective gaming experience," said Steve Perlman, founder and CEO of OnLive. "We’re proud of our strong partnership with Square Enix and we look forward to providing a solid and effective platform for their current and future game titles."
The new PlayPack titles from Square Enix have earned significant acclaim within the gaming world and among mainstream consumers. The Deus Ex franchise has historically claimed numerous "Game of the Year" honors and was recently reaffirmed as the top PC game of all time by PC Gamer. Hitman has been the world’s favorite assassin both on the large and small screen for years and Tomb Raider remains one of the most popular and recognizable game franchises of all time and has inspired films, books and a generation of video games.
"The unlimited value our subscribers are currently realizing from PlayPack is translating into hundreds of hours of rich gameplay, and this experience will continue to evolve as we add more great titles like these," said John Spinale, OnLive VP of Games and Media. "With the announcement of our extended partnership with Square Enix today, we are delighted to introduce a wealth of great game titles while reiterating our commitment to continually evolve the PlayPack game library."
Square Enix is a leading provider of digital entertainment with numerous million-selling, beloved video game titles and offices around the world.
"In the dynamically changing environment of digital distribution, it’s a natural fit for Square Enix to support an innovative offering like PlayPack from OnLive, " said Phil Rogers, CEO of Square Enix Europe. "We’re pleased to be able to share some of our classic games with the broader digital audience."
For detailed information about OnLive PlayPack and a full list of available games, visit www.onlive.com/playpack.
Will you be onlive Jimmy!?
By: goukijones Feb 9, 2013 | 1 Comments
Zero2990 shows off why he is a Jimmy as he betrays me with the flag. What a Jimmy.
Read full story...
Two iconic players of the fighting game community Gootecks & Mike Ross play the latest Marvel vs Capcom 3 build at the recent CES 2011.
This game is going to be crazy!
My face hurts after playing this game. I love Batman though, so nothing else matter. This is my review of Batman Arkham City. Please vote, comment and share. For me Jimmy!
Portal 2 release dates slips. Valve thinks it okay though, claims the shortest delay in the history of the company.
I just received an email from Valve stating that Portal 2 will now be released on April 18, 2011. Valve claims this shortest delay in history. I think they are trying to be lol. But some gamers may not be too happy about it. I'd rather a good game be delayed then a shit game be released. And it's only two months. Here's the email I received.
"VALVE ANNOUNCES SHORTEST DELAY IN VALVE HISTORY
Valve today announced that Portal 2 -- the sequel to the ground-breaking title that won over 30 game of the year awards, despite missing its original ship date -- will now be available the week of April 18th, 2011. This two month slip not only marks the shortest delay in Valve's proud tradition of delays, it represents the approaching convergence of Valve Time and Real Time. Though this convergence spells doom for humanity, it will not affect the new Portal 2 release date."
Until then, enjoy some of other Gouki.com Portal 2 stories.
By: Crimson Relic Feb 18, 2010 | 3 Comments
New characters, iPhone Touch Street Fighter 4 and the National Tournament.
Hello everyone! Today, I have three huge announcements for you all - new characters, iPhone/iPod Touch Street Fighter 4, and details about the National Tournament!
I think many of you may already know about this from this week's Weekly Famitsu, but we have characters from the Street Fighter 3 series joining the fight!
Her rival opponent is Sakura!
Her rival opponent is Fei Long!
(Azrael's Note: The text in the picture says "What an incredibly rude thing to say.")
His rival is Balrog!
Maaaan, it took some courage to get these characters in the game. Mostly because they come from a game system that featured parries. They are very popular with everyone, and our development staff also wanted to give them a spin in the world of Street Fighter 4! I don't have to tell you though that adjusting them... yeah, vomiting blood levels.
So, that kunai I've been teasing you with all along... of course that was Ibuki's!
This is her Ultra II, where she showers you in a rain of kunai.
And for all of you who used Dudley in Street Fighter 3, I gotta tell you - you can throw the rose in Super Street Fighter 4 as well!
The move's name is "Rose of Victory". While it doesn't do any damage, when it hits it causes the opponent to pause briefly, giving you a change to get in there and attack.
And last we have a little bit about Makoto. While this has nothing to do with her moves... for her voice recording and her alternate costume, Makoto was the hardest out of all the characters, by far.
Especially her voice recording. From Third Strike, Makoto has used a very country dialect. So this time around, we got a professional in country dialect to help us, and it took us an unprecedented number of takes, but we got it done. Also, her voice actor is the same from Third Strike, Ms. Makoto Tsumura! She did great work for us without complaining even once.
These guy's Ultra I, Ultra II, and sample voices are all on the official site under Characters, so go check em out and have fun training with them in your head!
Well then, let's get to today's second news point. I think there are a lot of people who already know about this as well! Our development staff has secretly worked on a version of Street Fighter 4 for the iPhone/iPod Touch, and we're finally pulling the curtains back on it!
Unfortunately, there will be no arcade stick for this, but with Capcom's virtual pad, once you get used to it you'll be pulling off commands in no time!
And of course, you'll be able to enjoy random battles! With Bluetooth, you can take on those stronger than you at any time!
For those who know SFII but are unfamiliar with Street Fighter 4, we have an original mode The Dojo to help you become stronger!
This is the Trial Menu for the iPhone/iPod Touch version. Use this dojo to perfect your skills!
Sale date is planned for March. While you won't be able to use all characters from Street Fighter 4, we will have more detailed info about the available characters released in the coming days, so stay tuned for that!
So everyone, put Street Fighter 4 on your iPhone/iPod Touch and enjoy heated battles around town, at work, or at school!
And for today's last announcement, with the Qualifiers entering into the final half, I'd like to announce details about the Street Fighter 4 National Tournament!
First up is the brackets. This time, we have 9 regional qualifiers, 2 spots for the dream team, and 2 spots for last-chance qualifiers. That leaves one mystery spot, for a total of 14 finalists to challenge for the title of strongest in Japan!
Yep, 2 last-chance spots. This won't be a lottery, we'll have a tournament for it. So if you want to participate, get a team together and wait for further details. Right now we are still deciding on the meeting time and what not!
And now, about the next stage. At last year's tournament, we had as special guests Ryu's voice actor Hiroki Takahashi, Ken's voice actor Yuji Kishi, and Sakura's voice actor Misato Fukuen. This time around, our special guests will be Guile's voice actor Hiroki Yasumoto, Viper's voice actor Mie Sonozaki, and Juri's voice actor Eri Kitamura!
And we'll also have Lil Ono up there as well... just what kind of crazy stories will they share?! Its a special stage that's sure to be a lot of fun. To enjoy it together with us, please come to the tournament!
Yep, come out to the tournament! And for those of you who want to see high-level fighting with your own eyes, we have extra-special seats prepared just for you! This is a special seat that gives you a great view of both the fighting, as well as the special stage. And there's only 100 of them.
Those 100 seats aren't first-come, first-serve. If they were... we'd have some real fights on our hands! So! We are taking applicants for them on our Official Site's National Tournament Page! After a strict lottery, 100 lucky fans will be chosen!
The application period is from now until March 3rd (Wednesday). Read the Rules of Entry, get pumped up and please enter! We're waiting for your entry!
Even if you don't get the special seats, of course we have standing room available for you to view the action.
We also have other important information about the National Tournament Event on the information page, so be sure to read it at least once.
Well, that's about it for today's news announcements, right?
... Whoops, got one more! The Collectors Package is currently under development!
This is the character soundtrack collection plus all-promotional video collection! The Chun-Li and Juri label is pretty nice, isn't it?
But making this label actually took quite a bit of work. Please take a look at these three images.
You may not understand well, but these three images are slightly different. Take a look at the one on the far right. Its not that its a bad picture or bad lighting. If we just put the illustration of Juri on top of the label, this is what happens. But its not very pretty, is it?
So then, we put white paper under the illustration, and the labels in the center and the left are the result. For the one in the middle, the white is at 50%. That means we put the illustration on top of semi-transparent white paper. The one on the left is 100% white - we put the illustration on top of the fully white paper.
You can see the illustration most clearly on the 100% white, but it looks too much like a toy. You won't really appreciate the hatching touch of the picture. So that's why we'll be manufacturing it on the 50% white version!
You may not care about such small details, but everyone here has put our heads together to come up with something we can, in good confidence, say is the best, even for these little things. So we hope you have high expectations for us!
Well then, that's all for today's news. I'm worried it might have been a little too much, but right now we're in the middle of getting the most pumped up for Super Street Fighter 4 we can get!
Thanks for sticking with me until you were almost out of breath! See you again next week!