By: iorilamia May 19, 2011 | 7 Comments
New Shadows of the Damned Trailer released. Gives us a look at several guns and how they are altered.
This new Shadows of the Damned Trailer shows us that good ole' Suda 51 flare. You No More Heroes fans should appreciate this video. It also gives a little insight on what the "Gems" do and a look at some of the outrageous weapons. Enjoy the ridiculous amount of innuendos below:
Was that infomercial enough for you? Pretty comedic. Tell us what you think about the trailer or even better, how is this game coming together for you?
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/machinima
By: iorilamia May 19, 2011 | 7 Comments
Handful of games coming up in the next couple of months and I've been thinking about which will truly be worth my money.
Video games are expensive now a days and the cool swag you get from special editions costs even more. Also basically every game that comes out markets pre-order bonuses, coursing you to spend that $60+ first day even more. I am not a fan of renting because I take my time with games. Also I hate returning them for a lower price than I paid for, sometimes feel like I might as well keep it and try to make the best out of it. So what has always been the biggest importance to me was Replay Value. The ability to play a game more than once and enjoy it, to want to play through it again and the options to experience new things (besides mere achievement hunting ; boring) is what I enjoy. The lack of that in many games has driven me to play only games with multi payer features the last few years.
Here is what I think of the four games I have been keeping my eye out on coming out in the next couple of months, and how my feelings have changed for them overtime leading to how I ultimately think / what I'm waiting to see.
1. inFAMOUS 2 - Jun 7 2011
I only played a little of the first game but I did definitely enjoy it. Luckily the video and previews on this sequel have been very informative. The single player (like the first) has 2 paths to go through, good side fighting bad guys and saving/ protecting the public and bad side, where you destroy the shit out of everything. Alright, that is already 2 play throughs, but what makes the game worth it? The fighting is absolutely epic. The main character Cole of course has many creative electrical super-powers (and even more with pre-orders / special edition). Besides flying around and making cool explosions, he has a melee weapon that involves very brutal combat. Besides playing through the story twice with wicked ass-kickings, what makes the game really shine is the Mission Editor. This time around you can create your own missions, or play other persons missions online! The possibilities are endless from what ive seen, turning the game into a shooter, plat former or basically whatever you can think of.
Now the pre-order bonus isn't necessary, but since i am already sold on the game i might as well. Gold Melee weapon from Amazon, Bad guy skin from BestBuy, Lightning Hook (basically the Bulletstorm Leash, go fuck yourself gimmick game) from Gamestop, which is where I'm getting it and Electric Grenade from Wallmart. The $100 Hero edition adds in a bag, belt and a comic ; lame. Also they all get Uncharted 3 Beta. Long Story short, this game 2-sided play through mixed with epic combat and a flexible mission editor will keep it far from boring.
All of your inFAMOUS2 info in one place http://gouki.com/Catalog/Details/infamous-2
2. Alice: Madness Returns- Jun 14
Alice Madness Returns is another sequel game. The original was a PC mind-fuck action adventure horror game that not many people played. What brings a lot of hype to this sequel is the amazing story behind it and the feel/ style. This single player game is filled with bloody combat as Alice fights twisted figures in her once again Demented Wonderland. The downside is that it looks extremely repetitive. I was very excited following this game until they simply just wasn't showing enough, but then it seemed like the game didn't have much at all. The slicing, dicing and shooting with ridiculous amounts of blood spurting around is cool, but how long does that last? Ok, there are some plat forming elements, that look really pretty and Wonderland-ish, involving invisible things and fairy-tale esque powers Alice has.
A great sale point is when you buy the game, you also get the original as DLC! But that still doesn't convince me to drop $60+. Also the pre-order bonus is weak-sauce. Cd's are cool, but it isn't even real, it's a digital download Cd. Upside is that the music is pretty sweet in this game. In the end, cool visuals and a creepy-sick story is awesome, but that just makes it a rental :P The gameplay has some eerie effects but is basic for the most part. I still keep my eye on this game but at the moment, it has been taken off of my "Buy" list. I wish they would show us a reason to play it more than once besides enjoying the story and increased difficulty.
Get in on the madness here http://gouki.com/Catalog/Details/alice-madness-returns
3. SSF4 AE- Jun 28
Well this is a given. I'm a big fan of SSF4. Playing AE at the mall has given me the incentive to buy the AE dlc (I was going to regardless ;p) This newer version of SF4 personally is awesome for two amazing reasons. My characters got buffed overall (the nerfs were minor) and the top tier charge characters that dominated got nerfed pretty hard (except Bison). There isn't much to say here. Unless you don't own SSF4 and you are wondering "what cool stuff do I get for pre-ordering?" you get a lame Oni Bobble Head Doll thing, might even just be a plush. SF4 series has done a great job being one of the most simple / technical fighting games with great fundamentals that lead into many advanced techniques. The AE versions brings 4 new characters and all the old characters have been changed in some way, either buffs, nerfs or both, a definite must buy for fighting game fans.
SSF4 Arcade Edition News and Details http://gouki.com/Catalog/Details/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition
4. Catherine -July 26
Catherine is a adult mystery plat forming rpg. Interesting genre mix isn't it? I've been following this game since the Japan release and have been extremely back and fourth whether to buy it. The story obviously is the main feature. You play as Vincent, a dude who has bros and a girlfriend, then he wakes up with another chick, starts having crazy dreams and people start dying in the real world with relationship problems. the action part of the game is the dream world where Vincent frantically climbs blocks, it isn't as boring as you think. The game is rather difficult and makes you use your head. He gets points and power ups a long the way as well. What makes the game playable multiple times is that there are several endings. The game is supposed to take around 20 hours to complete the first time around and the higher difficulties are absolutely insane (in the original JP version they had to send out a patch because the game was too hard on the first setting, this will be the default in our version). Besides trying to escape gnarly monsters eating you in the dream world, you also interact in the real world. How you answer texts or not answering them at all, talk to your friends and comunciate with others around you shapes the story to one of its many endings to keep you interested there is a little multiplayer as well. Basically a head to head tower climbing mode to see who reaches the top first or survives the longest.
The Pre-order bonus to Catherine is more than enough. You get a saucey Artbook (meh) and a real Cd. The music to this game is simply amazing and worth it. For $20 more you get the "Love is Over Edition" which consists of a Pizza box from in-game, Vincent's Boxers, a pillow case with Catherine on it and a Empty Hearts shirt (which is what I really want). In the end, with a long and intriguing single player with several possibilities and some fun multiplayer stuff to toy around with, I will be picking up Catherine.
Everything you need to know about Catherine here http://gouki.com/catalog/details/catherine
Any of these games on your radars jimmies, which ones seem worth buying to you? Maybe some of the pre-order bonuses got you sold or Bonus $pecial editions. Leave a comment on what you think.
By: iorilamia May 18, 2011 | 8 Comments
ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAORAORAORAORAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
Brutal, bloody and beautiful. Asura's Wrath is a beat-em-up from Capcom coming in 2012. You play as Asura, a deity whose fellow gods betrayed him. Asura get super pissed and realizes his anger leads to great power. This game looks bat-shit crazy to say the least. Apparently you will be able to switch from ENG or JP voices. Also it isn't your typical level up and get new abilities game, these changes are based on the story. At one point Asura may get pissed and grow six arms, later he may get beat up and get them torn off. Have a look at the newest Trailers below!
NEW Trailer uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/CapcomUnityVideos
Anger Trailer uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/SenPaiShinobi
Badass nice? A lot of people think God of War but this looks really original too me. This footage a lone has got me sold and excited to see more. What do you guys think of the footage, good, bad, boring? Leave your thoughts in a comment.
By: iorilamia May 17, 2011 | 8 Comments
An opinion on who are in the top 5 and why.
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been out for a good enough time to see who are the extremely powerful and well-rounded characters. I've been thinking, if there was a tier list, who would be in the top 5? I came up with a list, but it is in no particular order. I feel that these 5 characters are all pretty close to each other in some way, being able to tear each other apart X-Factor or not. I'll be going over the strengths that lead me to believe they are the best and the few weaknesses. Keep in mind it is an opinion and I'd love to hear what you have to think about it.
- Best Teleport in the game. Basically instant, can use in 3 directions on ground and air.
- Amazing fireball game. Can be used as offensive, mix-ups with teleport and extremely annoying keep-away with her H fireball in flight mode.
- Her Trap is powerful and annoying. It moves fast, can have more than one out and it can set up for combos and mix-ups with the teleport.
- Great physical combos including her own in air re-launch combo and a overhead you can combo in and out of!
- Has flight mode
- Amazing Supers. Phoenix Rage has great priority, travels full screen at a fast speed and causes wall bounce for DHC combos or Trap combos. Healing Sphere helps desperately with regaining the load of damage she takes from chip. (Red Life)
- Dark Phoenix (Dying with 5 meters) increases her speed and offense. Regular Phoenix is already an extremely tough character to deal with. Dark form makes all of her normals and fireballs hyper-active and extremely hard to dodge. More chip damage as well.
- Dark Phoenix mode also effects her assist, making her Tk Shot one of the best projectile assists.
- Lowest health in the game. Healing Sphere is nice but that only works when opponent is inside. Many Phoenix players die to chip damage when opponent has enough meter. Also people are so focused on Dark Phoenix, that they don't use their meter, handicapping them from finishing combos.
- One of the best rush down characters and with the right assist, it is inevitable for him to get in and open you up
- Beserker Barage, Drill claw , dive kick and Beserker slash are extremely strong, fast and great priority moves. Being able to drill claw in multi directions, cross up with Beserker slash and dive kick into combos makes wolverine extremely versatile in his offense, leaving him with few bad positions during the tides of battle.
- His hyper Fatal Claw can be done in air or ground. Wolverines BnB re-launch combo into this super EASILY does over 40% on most characters. Also his Beserker Barage X and lvl 3 Weapon X are very easy to hit-confirm into.
- Wolverine has fast normals and a very fast dash.
- Already being a in-your-face type, it is ridiculous that he has a speed-up super; Beserker Charge. It only lasts 5 seconds but helps extend combos and make him more figity and faster than before (In movement and attacks)
- Has a OTG slide, with the right assist this extends his already simple yet damaging combos even more.
- Has a wall-jump when cornered
- Wolverine has good health and some of the best offense and supers in the game. The only disadvantage he has is no projectiles. But Wolverine has so many angles and quick ways to get in, that it doesn't matter. In the end it is up to the player, but for the most part Wolverine is unstoppable.
- Has one of the best damage outputs during X-factor (And very strong without it)
- Can teleport in directions on ground and air. While in air can teleport 3 times before hitting ground.
- Has single-shot gun that does great damage and has good hit stun.
- Can create amazing mix-ups with gunshots followed by teleports and assists
- Can combo after Counter super
- OTG gunshot creates huge team combos whether he is on point or assist
- Has 3 different command grabs, 1 leads into air combo, the other OTG combo
- Great keep away game and really good normals ; can fight either way
- Has 3 counter moves that can be comboed after
- Rhino Charge into low gunshot combo is ridiculously damaging for DHC glitch
- Extremely well rounded character who has almost everything
- Similar to Wolverine, it i hard to say. He can utilize 4 different counters and 3 command grabs vs rush-down types, and can play keep away and do mix ups on projectile spammers. Where Wesker leaves himself open is the air teleports. Air Teleport L and M have slow recovery and are punishable (if your opponent can reach you)
- Aim Master is an amazing projectile. He can shoot forward, diagonal or upwards while on the ground. And in the air can shoot down (OTG leading into super), forward and diagonal. These arrows are multi-hit and very fast, also leading into hit confirm super. This makes Taskmasters keep away extremely annoying.
- Has good reach with his sword and un-bloackable combos that don't need an assist!!!
- Charging star is fast and can go through some projectiles
- Web Swing is simply insane. Taskmasters solo combos are extremely dragged out with this, and can still end in Super.
- Has a counter super and counter move (not combo-able)
- Task is another very well rounded character. Great offense, great keep away and has counters to boot.
- Arrow super is awesome for DHC due to its changed directions
- None really. The web swing is very throw-able, but people don't usually try because if you screw up, you get hit with a easy 50%+ combo. Taskmaster is one of the most solid characters.
5. TRON or ZERO?
I could have easily made a top 6, but top 5 sounds cooler, and makes me think even harder. But in the end I couldn't come to a decsision to pick Zero or Tron. Here is a look at the two, I will let the Gouki members decide. Or maybe you rather have both of them and take someone else out?
- One of the highest HP
- Ridiculous combo-ability. High damage and awesome meter building for a tank character
- Jumping S is extremely annoying and effective. Does great damage, has active frames the ENTIRE time and causes ground bounce.
- Bone Strike is a great get-in move , can be used in air and combos very well
- Has a command grab
- lvl 3 is a command grab
- Both lvl 1 supers are great for DHC and combos well into them by herself
- A long with her already godlike combos, can be extended with the right assist to nearly kill everyone in the game
- Gustaff Fire is one of the best assist in the game. Crazy invinciblity and comes out very fast.
- Her projectile is poor and her only real means of getting in are jumping S and Bone Strike. Once you get around those her mobility to decent, but she has a bigger hit box than most, so she gets bullied a bit. Smart keep away can keep her at bay.
- Zero has some of the best normals in the game. A long with great reach and priority, the Shipugga makes it so much better. Great vs super-armor characters as well.
- Charged Buster is amazing. Zero can instantly let it go at any moment, when it is lvl 3 and he is airborne, it leads into a combo.
- Has a decent SRK
- Hadangeki is a great projectile as well
- Sentsuizan is an amazing air strike that is combo-able and lightning fast. He also has a fake version, confusing opponents.
- Raikousen is another fast air combo-able move.
- His teleport makes things very tricky. It is fast and has great recovery. with the right assist you can make effective cross-ups, and in the air he can attack afterwards.
- The clone super makes his already beastly offense even more fearsome, allowing him to do extremely damaging combos. Can also 100% kill everyone(?) when used in DHC glitch with the right combos.
- One of the few lvl 3's in the game that isnt a full cinamatic, giving it better combo-ability.
- Amazing back dash and very long forward dash. Mixed in with his teleports and high prioritized multi-hit normals, his footsies are great.
- Has a OTG super.
- Like most of the people on this list. None. The only downside to playing Zero is his low HP (not as bad as Phoenix though :p)
And that is my top "5". Please add your insight to who you think should be or not be on the list, how would you alter it? I till can't decide on Tron or Zero, both of them are so beast. Or maybe you don't agree on some of the stuff ; this is opinionated. Leave a comment below and if you didn't know, my PSN is iorilamia ;D
By: iorilamia May 16, 2011 | 6 Comments
New Catherine video released by Atlus, "Are You Committed?" uses fan-submitted answers and a peek at the voice actors performance.
New Atlus video "Are You Committed" doesn't show anything new for the upcoming adult game Catherine. But it does raise some interesting questions about how fans feel about their relationships. Also, we get to hear Vincent, Catherine and Jonathan's voice actors at work. I was afraid of how it would turn about (because the JP voices were so good!) , but the English ones turned out very well. Enjoy the video below .
Personally I can't wait to get married. Do you agree or disagree with some of the people in the video? Leave a comment on what you think and if that's too personal, leave a comment on the voice work/ story :D
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlusUSA
By: iorilamia May 16, 2011 | 6 Comments
Monolith is creating a FPS multiplayer Batman game!
A new Batman game is on the rise for PSN , XBL and PC. Gotham city Impostors (GCI), will be a downloadable game. More surprisingly it will be a first person shooter! The game has two factions, The Bats and the Jokerz. The game will have customizable characters and gadgets such as roller skates and grappling hooks.
From the press release:
“Gotham City Impostors blows apart expectations for superhero games with an exaggerated take on first person shooters, set in a part of the DC Universe players have never seen before,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Monolith is creating a game that turns Gotham City upside down and we think fans are going to have a blast with this creative twist on multiplayer heroism and anti-heroism as they play up the classic rivalry between Batman and The Joker.”
Gotham City Impostors is a multiplayer game unlike any other, giving players the opportunity to rebel against conformity as they customize their own characters. Posing as amateur vigilantes or villains, gamers will create their very own Bats and Jokerz characters using unprecedented customization options including insane costumes, homebrewed gadgets and a wide range of traditional and imagined weapons. "
No screens or videos available yet, so keep your eyes open. It does sound like a fun arcade-like shooter. Probably a $20 game or so? With the little information available, does it sound interesting?
Official site (with links to Twitter and FB) : http://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/
By: iorilamia May 16, 2011 | 8 Comments
Want to see what cool swag you get for Gears of War 3 Limited and Epic Edition?
LIMITED EDITION: $79.99
- Octus Award Box and a to-scale zinc Octus Service Medal.
- Exclusive Adam Fenix multiplayer character. The code for the download is engraved on the service medal.
- A fabric COG flag.
- Adam Fenix's personal effects -- his "Last Will & Testament", Hammer of Dawn schematics, and Fenix family mementos.
EPIC EDITION: $149.99
- Marcus Fenix statue -- PVC. 11.2"
- Art and Design of Gears of War book
- Infected Open Weapon Pack -- special skins for Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Gnasher, Sawed-off Shotgun.
- Everything from the Limited Edition -- Award Box, Medal, COG Flag, Adam Fenix, Adam Fenix's personal effects.
Special Amazon Offer: $20 coupon with purchase of GOW3
Gears fans, do these bonuses feel worth the extra cash? Limited edition definately sounds good enough for the price but the chunk of extra cash to get "Epic" edition for a little statue, art book and gun-skins doesn't feel right. Will you be getting just the game, any of these special editions or not getting any? Leave a comment with your thoughts and opinions.
Wheatly that fits in the palm of your hand!
Youtube user http://www.youtube.com/user/ammnra is a crafty dude. He is the same guy who made the Rubix Companion cube last year, and replicates weapons from many other games. Today he brings us something a bit more relevant. Mini fan-made versions of Wheatly, Adventure Sphere, Fact Sphere and Space Sphere! They look like they came straight from Portal 2! Unfortunately he is not marketing/ selling them, so we can only watch in awe over the internet.
And his picture gallery http://www.flickr.com/photos/ammnra/sets/72157626669964230/with/5722889210/
What do you guys think of his craftsmanship? Super badass nice to me! Leave a comment on what you think, or share any info on other fan-made stuff.
By: iorilamia May 15, 2011 | 4 Comments
Shadows of the Damned isn't the only one with digital CD's...
Alice: Madness Returns is coming out next month and the pre-order deal has already shown up on the Gamestop website. Unfortunately, it is another digital downlaod CD. (Same as Shadow of the Damned, see story here http://gouki.com/Story/Details/shadows-of-the-damned-pre-order-isnt-as-crazy-as-you-may-think).
The Alice music download is 9 songs from the soundtrack featuring new music from Chris Verenna (used to be in Nine Inch Fails) It says a code will be sent to you within 2 business days to download it. But here is what confuses me a bit:
It says "9 songs from the soundtrack" , is it not the whole soundtrack? Not too sure, hopefully something from the official site will come up soon. A second game going with the digital CD, I hope this isn't becoming a "thing". Catherine and Disgea 4 are still coming out with actual CD'S and art, which is awesome. What do you think of this and what do you prefer? What are some ups an downs of digital CD's in your opinion? Leave a comment below.
By: iorilamia May 13, 2011 | 2 Comments
Destructoid has taken the pleasure in creating a great video preview for Grasshopper Manufacture's upcoming game.
For the longest time all we have gotten form this game are screenshots, a few details and the videos were always short and didn't clearly show the feel of the game. Luckily over at Destructoid.com , they got to play through the first couple of levels, and created a nice video preview for all of us curious cats. Seeing this has definitely got me more interested in the game. Check out the vid below and tell us what you think. Is this something you would buy or maybe try out?
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/DTOID (They haven't uploaded part 2 yet, I will update the story when they do)
By: iorilamia May 13, 2011 | 6 Comments
35 second teaser trailer for your pleasure.
Hey loyal CoD fans. The past week has been filled with rumors of MW3...well the teasiest of teaser trailers was released for it.
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDUTY
Oh so clever, they spelled England...with a 3. Anyways, true this trailer doesn't show much, but the overview of England says a lot. Word on the street is that MW3 is going to be taking a Battlefield 3 approach with MASSIVE maps and tons of destructible cover. With England being an extremely crowded and architecturally intricate place, we should expect something epic. I'm not too big of a CoD fan but the MW's have been extremely fun with friends. Any of you hyped or interested? For the majority of CoD fans, Black Ops was a huge letdown, and many awaited a new MW. Leave a comment and let us know what you think.
Trending Video Games
- Wii U
- Borderlands 3
- Paper Mario Sticker Star
- Manny Pacquiao Pound For Pound
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Two Worlds II
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Diablo III
- The Wonderful 101
- The Outer Worlds