As I said in my last story, I'm not too excited about another UNSC right now. The fire abilities look great, people are going to be attracted FIRE! My advice... find a counter, because everyone is going to be using Kinsano day 1.
Cliffy B and the Gears or War 3 staff explain their dedication and exactly what they want to execute with the Gears 3 Multiplayer.
Making Gears 3: Dedicated Execution
From YouTube: Find out how Epic is building the best Gears multiplayer experience yet. Includes preview gameplay from the Gears of War 3 Multiplayer Beta.
Read full story...
By: grey walrus May 11, 2011 | 14 Comments
Normally I have no problem with Gamestop, but their power up rewards program is really starting to get on my nerves.
Alright, I'm a member of the Power Up Rewards PRO program, and I think it's pretty nifty. I've redeemed my points for some things in the past and everything worked out fine. Until more recently. I redeemed a 11,500 for a LOZ shirt which is no laughing matter and the one they sent me wasn't the one pictured it was slightly different, but just enough so to be irritating, and they wouldn't issue me refund without returning the shirt. Okay, no big deal it's still a cool shirt so I just kept it. But what I've found out in the last couple of days is really sort of pissing me off.
If you guys didn't know the guys at PUR sent out coupons for the PS3 to get you $100 off. And they're completely legit. I work at GameStop and we've had a couple come in they work all fine and dandy, and they come straight from the PUR website so there's no problem there, but I DIDN'T GET ONE! I want a PS3 and this would be the best way to get it.
So being a little aggravated I sent PUR an email asking why I didn't get one, and this is word for word exactly what went down in my email inbox.
I heard you guys were giving away $100 off of PS3 coupons, and I didn't get one. You guys gave a bunch of them to people who probably won't even use them, but I would can I please get one. My account number is.**** **** **** **** ***.
Hello, Be advised that there are certain criteria the card holder must have met: *You must be a PRO card holder. *Must have PS3 preferences listed in their PowerUp profile. *Must have transaction information detailing PS3 related purchases. *Must have listed you own a PS3 in your profile. If you have met these requirements for the coupon please reply to this e-mail stating that you have met the requirements for the coupon. Best Regards, Alvina GameStop Customer Service PowerUp Rewards www.poweruprewards.com
Why would you be only giving away PS3 coupons to people that already have them?! that makes no sense. People that already have them are not going to want to buy a new one. Your system is completely stupid. If you're trying to move stock for the new line of PS3 's coming in this is NOT the way to do it.
Hello, The $100.00 Playstation promotion was only sent out to a targeted group of people who DO NOT have Playstation games or Playstation console in their profile. This was only for a marketing trial. There is currently no way for us to regenerate the coupon. If you have any further concerns on this situation please contact customer support. Best Regards, Alvina GameStop Customer Service PowerUp Rewards www.poweruprewards.com
You just completely contradicted yourself
Be advised that there are certain criteria the card holder must have met: *You must be a PRO card holder. *Must have PS3 preferences listed in their PowerUp profile. *Must have transaction information detailing PS3 related purchases. *Must have listed you own a PS3 in your profile. If you have met these requirements for the coupon please reply to this e-mail stating that you have met the requirements for the coupon. And you ARE customer support. That's why I contacted you in the first place. Please get your story straight and tell me why I didn't get one. According to your first email I don't meet the requirements, but according to your second one I do. So which is it?
Just to make the point that they contradicted themselves it was the same person that sent all the emails. I haven't gotten a reply to this last one yet, and if my experience with my shirt told me anything it's that I won't get one. What do you guys think? Should I keep pressing the matter and call customer service on the phone? keep sending tons of pissed of emails? Or just drop the matter entirely.
So, much to my surprise they have replied to my last email, although it was a different person this time.
Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting us. I am very sorry for the confusion and any trouble this may have caused. Unfortunately the $100 Sony PS3 coupon was only sent to a target group of customers who met the following criteria: ? Indicated not owning a PS3 in their ?Gamer Preferences? on their online Power Up Rewards account ? Did not have any transactions or purchases of PS3 consoles, accessories or games in any GameStop store or GameStop.com ? Did not indicate a PS3 item in the Game Library under ?I Want, I Have, or I Had? Please note that meeting the criteria did not guarantee a coupon. We cannot resend this coupon but we do encourage you to be sure you have accurately answered all the questions on your ?Gamer Preferences? as we do base our Marketing targets on this information. Best Regards, Rachel GameStop Customer Service PowerUp Rewards www.poweruprewards.com
So.. either the first person to email me was a complete idiot, or they're just trying to cover themselves by making it seem that way.
People need to start playing anybody but Ryu and Ken!
I have been playing street fighter 4 RELIGIOUSLY since it came out in 2009. I bought an xbox 360 just to play it (actually 3 xboxes when you count all the RRODs I've endured) I went halfsies with a friend on SSf4 last spring and we raced home from the video game store faster than I have ever driven. So much in that game makes sense to me. I love the moves, the depth, the art, look, balance, dan- but one thing has driven me crazy about street fighter 4 (besides overpriced sequels). Too many online players use RYU! I know I am speaking the obvious here, but to those of you who play ryu and ken (who I mind less but is still overused), isn't it frustrating to loose a match and know that you are using the most well rounded character in the game? Or the fact that half of your games are mirror matches? To me these characters are overpowered and bland, much like main-stream music. I would much prefer to win using fuerte or hakan or dan or makoto or ANYONE ELSE, because unlike Ryu, they have style.... But I guess I stand alone.
The latest Japanese Super Street Fighter 4 development blog listing changes for old cast members has been posted. This week's entry focuses on Blanka, Abel, Gen and Makoto.
• Rock Crusher (Toward + Medium Punch) has less recovery. Rock Crusher, into Far Standing Light Punch into Beast Roll is possible now.
• Beast Slide (Down-Toward + Hard Punch) has less active frames, as a result the whole animation time is shorter. Also, his hittable box during the recovery of this move has been increased.
• His Forward Hop (Toward + 3x Kick) has more grounded frames of animation during start up, making him easier to grab out of it.
• The hittable box of his Beast Roll has been widened in size while rolling around, and the distance traveled after having it blocked has been altered. Distance on recovery from a blocked Beast Roll is now Light Punch and EX longest. Medium Punch, midlength, Hard Punch, shortest. So it is necessary to plan which one to use at which distance more so than it is now.
• EX Backstep Rolling's (Rainbow Ball) forward distance has been reduced a little, so it's harder to escape from the corner. It is still possible to move forward and back based on joystick movement, though.
• EX Electricity has much faster start up now, so it's easier to use.
• 2nd hit of Abel's Crouching Hard Punch has a smaller hitbox, both upward and downward.
• Tornado Throw damage reduced.
• Roll lost some of its hit invincibility at the end of it, making it easier to punish. There was no change to the recovery frames.
• Ultra 1 had a 10% damage reduction. Ultra 1's new damage would range from 309-450. In SSF4 it was 343-500.
• Ultra 2 10% damage reduction, slower startup, super armor gets removed when Abel starts to run forward and there's a longer recovery time when you cancel out of it. New damage totals for Ultra 2 should range from 295-440. In SSF4 these were 328-480.
• Two Target Combos have been added in. 1st: Crouching Light Kick into Crouching Medium Kick. 2nd: First hit of Standing Hard Punch into Standing Medium Kick.
• Both Medium Kicks can be Canceled now, so go for more damage by Canceling into his Specials.
• Standing Light Punch's hittable box from his elbow and onward has been deleted, so it's harder to get hit out of now.
• Crouching Medium Punch's start up is faster, so it's possible to Link from Standing Light Punch and Crouching Light Punch.
• Crouching Medium Punch can now be Canceled, providing good setups into his Hands special on hit or block.
• Standing Hard Kick's range slightly increased. There is no hittable box from his ankle, so it might be useful as a footsie tool.
• Ultra 2 downward hitbox improved, so it has less chance to whiff.
• Traveling speed for Crane Style's Ultra 2 is faster, making it easier to connect with now.
• During backdash, he's airborne right after invincibility wears out.
• Gen received no nerfs.
• Crouching Light Kick has more range.
• Standing Light Kick is Kara Cancelable during its start up animation. The Kara Karakusa is possible again.
• Crouching Hard Kick hit box extended out in front of Makoto, and the hittable box has been lowered slightly, making it easier to use as an anti air.
• Crouching Hard Punch has slightly more active frames.
• Toward + Light Punch has a 3 frame startup (formerly 4 frames).
• EX Hayate (Dash Punch) now breaks armor and has a slightly faster start up.
• Opponent can no longer do a quick get up after Makoto connects with a Hard Punch or EX Oroshi (Overhead Chop). It's more useful now in resets and wake up situations.
• Fukiage (Upwards Punch) when Makoto's arm is fully extended, the hittable box from her chest up has been almost completely removed. Downward attack box has been extended as well, so there are now almost no situations where it trades or is stuffed. It still can't hit grounded opponents, though. The start up for all versions has been improved so it's more useful than it is now.
• EX Tsurugi (Axe Kick) is now like Cammy's EX Cannon Strike, in that it can be done very low to the ground, i.e. an Instant Axe Kick. It takes practice, but since it is a 2-hit special that makes grabs whiff and hits as an overhead, it'll be more interesting to use in offensive/defensive situations.
• Ultra 1 damage distribution has been changed. It still does the same total damage, but you will see the difference during combo damage and damage scaling based on life left. Apparently, this should result in it doing more damage.
• Ultra 2 has a faster startup time making it easier to counter Fireballs with.
• Makoto's stamina is now 1,000, which is the average stamina rating in the game.
• Forward and back dash are faster, total animation frames were decreased.
• Now a combo such as a Level 1 Hard Punch Hayate (Dash Punch), Focus Attacl Dash Cancel, Crouching Light Kick (and other stuff) into Light Punch Hayate is possible, because of the changes to her Dash speed. Mixing this in with her Grab and Choke (Karakusa) makes this a powerful grab or hit tool.
By: goukijones Oct 23, 2012 | 3 Comments
Sackboy just shoots a little bouncy ball at Kratos. The Drake actor nails some facial expressions. Get video.
If the game looked like this I would be hype.
Create your own story about a Playstation game. Vote, comment & share. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: guano Sep 23, 2013 | 0 Comments
Tips for making a solid decision, buying a video card
I've been building PCs for about 15 years now. Everything has changed so much! In most ways it has gotten easier and more affordable for the average person to roll their own gaming computer. Here is a link to my current setup if you're into that sorta thing. I wanna throw out a few of the most important considerations when buying an enthusiast class graphics card. I would define an enthusiast GPU as one that gives you uncompromising performance and image quality. You can game on a mainstream class card and decrease the image quality and play just about any game starting at $150.00 bucks at 1080p. The enthusiast cards start at $225.00. Here are some tips on choosing the right card with some links to help you along.
- Unless you are wealthy or crazy, you should consider price to performance as a key metric in buying a card. There is a diminishing return in the form of minimum frames per second when you pass the mid range price of about $250.00, which tends to be the sweet spot. At the time of writing this, the GTX 760 sells for exactly $250.00 and is Tom's favorite in the 2-$300 range. You can play the most demanding games on the high setting @1080p. Not too shabby!!! Along with minimum frame rate you should look at a GPUs ability deliver smooth frames to your display.These are the 2 most important factors behind price to performance.
- When using benchmarks to help decide, remember that a single GPU solution is always better than multi GPU. There will be a condition known as micro stutter in a multi GPU setup to contend with as well. Mileage will vary upon your setup as well. Beware. AMDs Crossfire is pretty broken and if you must run 2+ GPUs, you must go with the green team There is also the issue of scaling when running multiple GPUs, may it be 2 GPUs on one card or multiple cards. In general, a 2 GPU solution will only yield around 85-90% of theoretical perf. Adding a third or fourth GPU has a dramatically less efficient scaling and should really be avoided from a price/perf point of view. If your ultimate goal is to have the performance of the $500 GPU, just wait and buy it when you have all the cash. Granted 2 $250 GPUs will be faster, it will most likely require a multi GPU ready power supply and motherboard that were designed for these configs, which will most likely be more costly in the long run. Multi GPU setups are not for the faint of heart or for those on a budget. It can be a pain to manage and introduces cooling considerations that most aren't ready for. It can be hot and loud unless perfectly executed.
- You don't need a card over $250 unless you absolutely insist on running the highest level of antialiasing in your games or you're running a resolution over 1920x1080. All that extra horsepower may actually go to waste. Buying the über card will only see gains in minimum FPS at 1080 seeing that the $250 card is probably frame capped at 60 on the max FPS side already! You can pretty much max the eye candy on an enthusiast class card. If you want higher minimum FPS, turn down the antialiasing. It is often the bottleneck. Most serious online multiplayer gamers (may that be WoW, FFXIV, DotA, LoL or CoD, CS or BF) run low or no AA and turn off v-sync because they are the settings that most effect display lag. With those settings in line your minimum FPS will never be an issue with the other settings cranked!
- There needs to be some balance in your computer. If you're running a CPU that doesn't have an integrated memory controller, you may want to consider a CPU and motherboard first. It's not so much about this one feature as you are probably more than four or five generations back in architecture. A GTX 760 and an Intel Core Duo is an example of a 7 year old platform with a modern GPU. There will be a bottleneck between the components. A new GPU will scale with your platform, meaning the faster the CPU, the more frames the GPU will give you! You can get an i3 (with abysmal integrated graphics perf) and a motherboard for $250. These GPUs need to stay fed and that's just what it takes these days. If you have a platform more than 3 or 4 generations back, don't spend money on a new card. Consider a used GTX 4xx or HD 5xxx series GPU. Other budget based alternatives are an AMD APU and motherboard for about $250, that will give you the gaming performance of about a $100 discrete GPU, possibly killing two birds with one stone, if you are just way behind the times. Instructions per clock are not on par on AMD CPUs, compared to Intel's latest offerings but this is a very viable solution for those on a budget!
Good luck and have fun!
For those that still love Mass Effect 3 ending and all will be happy to know that the newest DLC titles Leviathan is coming very soon.
According to Bioware the newest Mass Effect 3 DLC Leviathan will be dropping August 28, 2012. The new single player mission follows Shepard as he/she attempts to hunt down the Leviathan, “a mysterious being rumored to be powerful enough to destroy a Reaper.”
Priced at a whopping $9.99 PSN/ 800 MSP.
Are you looking forward to more Single Player content in Mass Effect 3? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don’t be a Jimmy!
'Arrival' fills in the gaps between ME2 and ME3.
A deep cover agent is missing in Batarian space, after reporting evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion. Shepard must travel to the edge of the galaxy, rescue the agent, and discover the truth behind the Arrival. Uncover new research and 3 new achievements in this spectacular new adventure for Mass Effect 2.
Xbox 360: 560 MS Points
PC: 560 BioWare Points
Requested gifs for members.. :)
= For BatRastered
= For my close friend♥ FlyingxHeaven
= For my good friend LegendaryLonewolf
Borderlands and Zombie Base Defense game fans should take a look at Fortnite. It's super fun!
We are a little late to the party playing Fortnite. For whatever reason, when Fortnite came out, I didn’t play it. I was probably playing something else. Recently, Fortnite went on sale again, this time we all made the purchase. Oh man, do I regret not playing this game sooner. First of all, I did play the Battle Royal for a couple of weeks and have some first place finishes under my belt. However, I never made it over to the PvE. We in there now. And I think it’s incredible.Read full story...
John Brandon from Fox News is concerned about Bulletstorm and young children, hes also a nubfarm.
The article is pretty long, heres an excerpt below:
"Parents had better beware: There's a Bulletstorm on the horizon.
In the new video game Bulletstorm due February 22, players are rewarded for shooting enemies in the private parts (such as the buttocks). There’s an excess of profanity, of course, including frequent use of F-words. And Bulletstorm is particularly gruesome, with body parts that explode all over the screen. But that's not the worst part. The in-game awards system, called Skill Shots, ties the ugly, graphic violence into explicit sex acts: "topless" means cutting a player in half, while a "gang bang" means killing multiple enemies. And with kids as young as 9 playing such games, the experts FoxNews.com spoke with were nearly universally worried that video game violence may be reaching a fever pitch. “If a younger kid experiences Bulletstorm's explicit language and violence, the damage could be significant,” Dr. Jerry Weichman, a clinical psychologist at the Hoag Neurosciences Institute in Southern California, told FoxNews.com. " source: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/02/08/bulletstorm-worst-game-kids/ (full article)
Yo seriously? Don't they realize kids cant even buy Mature games, its their parents or older sibling that would be feeding them this "ugly, graphic violence into explicit sex acts" It almost seems like every quarter of the year we get super violent games, only difference with Bulletstorm is creativity . And whats this about damage being significant? Later in the article they talk about how these sexual acts in gaming leads to real life rape. Yea maybe if you play RapePlay (don't play it btw). Even further in the article it says " the market is clearly aimed at young children" , how? I'm sure its clearly aimed as Mature audiences. Only good part of the article is that they had a bro from NationalYouthRightAssociation talking about how innovative Bstorm is and mentally unstable people will be fine. What do you guys think? Does Bulletstorms racy dialouge and suggestive themes enough for further BS news coverage (kinda like all the shit over GTA series), or is Fox just ...being Fox? Leave a comment below on what you think.
Trending Video Games
- Gears of War 5
- Halo: Infinite
- Xbox One X
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
- Death Stranding
- Fallout 76
- The Outer Worlds