A new No More Heroes game...but doesn't really include new stuff. One of those hybrid 1.5 types of things.
No More Heroes is probably my favorite Wii game, and the most ridiculous story I've ever played. Unfortunately when NMH2 came around, my fan-boy hype sort of died down, and bonus didn't care for the PS3 version with Move.
But what slightly caught my intrest again was No More Heroes : Red Zone Edition. This is NMH 1 with "Z Rating" which is like, super adult content in Japan, 5 bosses from NMH2, 10 missions left out of the Wii version, Online rankings and A boss battle mode (Which I was so depressed the first one didn't have) , ps move compatible and "Forbidden View Mode" which seems like looking at the women in the game...naked.
Being a huge fan of the first one, this is exciting. I may go out and buy the second one cheap and used to get back into it. The only downside is that the game in Japan is Yen 3990, which is about $42, but a lot of time the games are more expensive after sent to the U.S and not a direct conversion of pricing. the game is to be released July 21. Any No More Heroes Fans here at Gouki? Or peple who were intrested but didn't have a Wii and didn't want to buy the PS3 port? I see this as a 1.5 version, leave a comment on what you think about the series and this upcoming release :D
Heres a Promo video uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/segunasu
Official Site: http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ps3/nomoreheroesrz/
By: iorilamia May 11, 2011 | 6 Comments
Crazy games usually have crazy pre-order deals right? Not this time. But two great composers coming together sounds promising.
Shadows of the Damned, the upcoming psycho-train game from Suda51 and Mikami. Pre-order deals have been announced but it feels a bit lacking. Pre-ordering from Amazon, EA or Gamestop gets you a CD with 12 tracks from the game. Cool right? Well you don't get a physical CD...it's digital download. That part kind of set me off, actually receiving a CD feels so much better, but I guess going digital saves them a lot of money. If you enjoyed the music of silent hill, Akira Yamaoka also helped put this Original Soundtrack together, working a long side with the band "The Damned"
Here's the track listings:
1. Theme of Shadows of the Damned (featuring the English gothic punk band, The Damned)
2. Shedding Stars
3. Walk if Off
4. Last Stop, Windows Up
5. This Way Comes
7. Smile for a Broken Dawn
8. Showdown at High Moon
9. Cold Turkey
10. Broken Bones, Broken Promises
11. Dropped Off Between Stops
12. Clawing at the Veil
A little History. The Damned are a British punk rock band from the 70's. Apparently the first punk rock band in the UK to hit top music charts and then tour in America. That's cool and all but the best part is how badass nice the lead singer, Dave Vanian, looks.
How does receiving a digital CD feel towards a real one? Limitation's are sort of a bummer. Is this enough to make you pre-order a game that only has a few trailers? Or knowing the masterminds behind it make that ok? Tell us what you think in comments below, don't be a jimmy.
Official site: http://www.ea.com/shadows-of-the-damned
I love Doujin fighters and not too many people talk about them. Here's my review of a game I've been playing for a couple of years; BigBangBeat. Maybe it will get some of you interested in doujin fighters.
If you aren't familiar with Doujin fighters, they are fan-made fighting games that for the most part you can download for free online. A lot of them are actually pretty good and some are turned into official games (Like Melty Blood). Unfortunately many doujin's don't work well or have sketchy fighting systems. I bring you my review of one of my favorites: BigBangBeat- 1st Impression. A PC game.
Read full story...
Valve releasing a free Beta for "Portal 2 Authoring Tools"
Beta for Portal 2 Authoring Tools is now available guys! It is currently in Beta and FREE. It is PC only and you need a Steam account to run it. It will be found in the "Tools" tab. They said that these are the same tools that used to make Portal 2. In this bets we will be able to create our own singleplayer and co-op maps, new character skins, 3D models, sound effects, and music.
This is what they include:
- Updated version of Hammer, the Source level editor
- Updated Faceposer
- Example maps and instances to help build new maps
- Updated suite of command-line compiling utilities
Portal fans who like to sit down and build your own amazing creations for hours (Minecraft anyone?) Well here we go. If this is honestly the same tools they used for Portal 2, then the fun should be endless. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but will soon. what do you guys think of it? Don't be a jimmy and tell us what you think in comments below.
If you wan't to check it out, here is the official Portal2 blog http://www.thinkwithportals.com/blog.php?id=5443
Are you ready for swift and merciful justice?
6 days until the release of L.A Noir. Check out the launch trailer below. It isn't too special, seems just like all the other trailers they have been showing. Any of you jimmy's buying Noire or excited about it? I'm still on the ropes. Tell us what you think in the comments below, is this gonna be good game from what you've seen?
The first week of MVC3, I settled into a team of x-23, Magneto and Morrigan. Without knowing it, the team worked well in Unison. In the past couple of months I've switched out Morrigan for Wesker. Both characters have their own uses for the team.
First off, I'll go through how all the team members work out with each other and basic strengths, then I'll go into the Morrigan or Wesker comparison for who is overall better. I won't go into detail with combos, this is just a basic overview.
X-23 usually goes as my starting character. Fast rush down and multi-hit attacks work great in the start.
- Decent ground combo, air combo, then Wesker low assist on ground into Weapon X-Prime leaves the opponent in a spinning state. DHC-ing into Wesker's Rhino Charge resets the damage. After Rhino charge do low shot, crouching combo into launch combo. Using these 2 bars is enough to kill Sentinel (I use him a an example because of how annoying he is) and most characters in the game. Tanks like Hulk and Thor are left with a quarter health. She can use the same technique and DHC glitch into Mag's Tempest.
- During her combos, she has high mix-ups with H Mirage Feint. Calling Wesker low assist during these causes an un-block-able when timed correctly.
- Using Magneto's Disrupter assist to cover your M Mirage Feint can cross up opponents and ultimately helps you get in very fast.
- X-23's BnB combos ending with her Rage Trigger Super do great damage and are easy to score. Morrigans meter building assist a long with the amount of Meter both x-23 and Magneto build in their long combos, makes 5 meters extremely easy to get.
- She can also DHC her lvl 1's into Any of Weskers supers, Magnetos (Tempest only upon X-Prime) and all of Morrigan's.
Magneto is usually my second (sometimes first). His keep away game is good and his air-combos are amazing.
- Both Wesker and X-23 help magneto create tricky blocking situations and un-block-ables. While someone is blocking his low combo, he can call Wesker or X-23 low assist, and go into flight mode for an instant overhead.
- Another great tool for the low assist is doing ridiculous Magneto combos. Basic low combo into air combo, upon spiking them down, call one of the low assist and hyper grab, you can link this into super or relauch for another air combo, spike down, and do the same with the second assist. With enough meter, I usually end this with lvl 3. The hyper grab with these assist also allows a free snapback.
- With DHC'S, both of Mag's lvl 1's link with 23's lvl 1's, and Wesker's Phantom Dance AND his lvl 3! He can also DHC into Morrigan with full damage (if close enough). And anything can be DHC'd into gravity squeezes.
- Alone Magneto is a beast because of his flight cancel combos, L Disrupter and mobility.
Morrigan I feel has the strongest comeback factor (but lowest damage) and is usually last.
- Morrigan is last for her strong ability to put on high-low mix up pressure. Her Clone super a long with x-factor can be extremely confusing for people to deal with.
- While Morrigan does her multi hit high S attack, you can immediately start attacking low. If they are blocking low, I can call x-23 low assist and then air S while x23 hits low.
- Morrigan's fireballs are slow and her Flight Mode is as well. Mag's Disrupter assist is a great tool for helping her get in.
- Morrigan's air properties are a bit weird during her combos, but it is possible to get an extended combo with 23's low assist after air combo.
- She can flight cancel her fireballs ; 2 fireballs on screen at once. During her clone super, this makes 4 fireballs at once. Doing that a long with Magnetos beam assist causes TONS of frustration and damage, or lots of chip.
- All of Morrigan's supers DHC extremely well with her teammates. The Finishing Shower and Astral Servant both hold the enemies well enough for a full DHC to hit.
Wesker is also used as a last character because of the huge comeback factor. His damage is already amazing and in X-factor it is unbelievable. Also since Wesker has so many tools, he can handle comebacks well. But his explosive damage and command grab make him a great starter as well.
- After Wesker's Air combo, he can gunshot into Magneto assist, leading into another launch, then gun shot into 23 assist for a third launch. The scaling does get heavy, and the hit stun deterioration is noticeable, but this can be ended with another gunshot team super, x factor combo or air super.
- Firing your gun as Magneto shoots Disrupter, then immediately teleporting while the beam shoots can cause great confusion in your opponents.
- Only chip damage he has is the gun and Phantom Dance super. They both do very little chip, but the gun does a chunk in x-factor.
- Can DHC from Phantom Dance to Weapon X Prime but can be tricky but if y have a third member , this could lead into a awesome dhc reset depending on their super. Most of Wesker's DHC options miss, only do a little damage or take awkward timing.
- Low assist during block string into air teleport behind enemy for an overhead can be a bit tricky.
SOOOOOO, how do they do overall?
- Meter building assist is rape, especially since Magneto and X-23 can easily end very big combos with a super. Also having ton of meter towards the end and using Clone assist as much as possible with X-factor is a godlike way to make a comeback.
- Air S is one of the best anti- armor moves in the game.
- Flight Cancel combos create annoying fireballs, and make any unsafe move...safe :p
- Lvl 1's can be DHC'd into very well, more importantly her lvl 3 is EXTREMELY DHC friendly due to the awesome hit box and active frames.
- Has trouble getting in sometimes due to her extremely limited movement. But can keep you guessing with the options she has while flying.
- Attacks can be confusing and great block strings, but without an assist someone can get used to the mix ups.
- Command grab isn't comoable, but her back throw is...
- Air combos are a bit weak without flight cancels
- The strongest out of the team, way stronger than Morrigan. And most Health.
- Most versatility and tools. Combo-able command grabs, several wall bounce moves and amazing re-launch combos with assist.
- DHC's can be weird at times and lvl 3 dhc takes weird timing due to small hit box.
- Gun teleport combos can be tricky and create cross ups.
- Can't fly, but can teleport 3 times in the air before landing.
Overall, Wesker is a better character. But someone who has trouble with high-low mix ups, crazy fireball zoning and extremely long block strings can be destroyed easily by Morrigan. In the end, depending on the player I switch them in and out. Sometimes having both of them on the same team by taking out Magnus ;) 3 Things Morrigan definitely has over Wesker are zoning(his gun and teleports are fast but, someone who can fly and litter the screen with fireballs is more effective), ability to fly around and extremely fast moves that beat armor attacks a long with her her multi hit jumping S that rapes armor. The overkill power of Wesker in lvl 3 X-factor can kill most characters with counter super into abc launch combo easily and his speed is great.
Hope you enjoyed the read, maybe it helped you with some strategies. I wish I could show combos and strategies in a video but...I have no camera. Next time I'll go over my second team consisting of Ryu, Hulk and Shuma/Morrigan .
Minecraft Mods are a big thing. Recently stumbled across a Portal Mod, check it out!
Yup, a Portal mod has been made and it is sweet. Minecraft user carlotta4th has made a texture pack that mimics the Enrichment Center of Portal. Yes you will find Glados, Companion cubes and adorable turrets. There are 2 packs: Precisely Portal and Modified Portal.
Precicely Portal keeps many things to the true Portal feel, but apparently makes it hard to play Minecraft on, while Modified still keeps a big Minecraft feel and look to the game. Thread with mods here http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=171644
Heres a preview uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/koriplays
The Portal Gun is a seperate mod found here http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=215961 by minecrafter iChun
Anyone Minecrafters here on Gouki? I recently got into it and seeing this Portal mod makes it so much better. Any of you try it before? Leave a comment on what you think, don't be a jimmy.
Deviant art user GENZOMAN is well known for his astonishing Warcraft pictures (one was even featured on the cover of GamePro Magazine)but he also has amazing Street Fighter pictures as well.
Had to share these as soon as I saw them. Definitely enjoying this art style more than most SF fanart. Besides SF and Warcraft, he has some anime and game related work. He also had loads of original stuff which is pretty awesome. Here is his Deviantart if you are interested. http://genzoman.deviantart.com/ He doesn't have a specific Capcom/SF gallery so the pics are scattered around his huge gallery ; sorry if I missed anything. He does have tons of Elena pics though.
So which ones are your favorites? Necro and Maki looked extra awesome to me. Leave a comment on what you think.
By: iorilamia May 6, 2011 | 5 Comments
Troll cliffhanger for the win? ----Spoiler Alert for those who haven't beat the game or care about what happens----
Conduit 2, a alright FPS with akward voice acting. this Wii FPS has a very interesting ending before the credits roll. It HEAVILY hints at a sequel and is a little....ridiculous. Funny though. Check out the video below at the 10:13 seconds mark and watch who comes out of the portal. 2 of the men whos faces are focused on should be extremely familiar to you and a bit...strange/badass? See for yourself:
Oh yes, AMERICA! Very TimeSplitters esque don't you think? I laughed when I saw it, then thought it was badass nice, then kinda dumb. Tell us what you think in comments, don't be a jimmy.
Video uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/jotaroxtreme
By: iorilamia May 5, 2011 | 7 Comments
Was it on purpose or an accident? Be amazed...
Heres a video showing the trailer for Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. First it plays it regularly then backwards. See if you can catch what song it is when reversed.
Did you hear it? ZEDLA'S LULLABY FROM OCARINA OF TIME! I didn't expect that, pretty insane. Heres the lullaby if you don't remember.
Cool little things like that are always cool to find out. Don't know if something that cool was an accident. Secret fanservice maybe. Did that put a smile on your day? Leave a comment below.
Playstation Network has been offline for about 2 weeks and that simply sucks. See how it has affected my play-styles and view of offline gaming. What have you been doing with your PS3 the last two weeks?
Oh How I should have traded it in for a PRAYstation while I had the chance; joking. PSN has been down a while as all of you may know, and it sucks. Right before PSN went down, I bought PS cards to download ArcanaHeart 3, MoonDiver dlc pack 1, and Steel Rain Map Pack for Killzone3. What has really bummed me out was the ArcanaHeart part , no rhyme intended. Could have been learning a new game while PSN was offline. Whch leads me too the off-line gaming I've been doing ever since.
Been buying Odin's Beer offline in Marvel Vs.Capcom 3. For the first time, I've been using training mode as a vs. match (taking away health regenerations and treating it like a real match). Most people I know have been busy with finals week, so not being able to get together to play and not have the option to play online is a double whammy. Playing certain CPU teams on highest difficulty over and over again has made me realize a few things. Fist, I am impatient and screw up pretty badly when people have great defense ; do some unsafe stuff. Second, I don't push block physical attacks at the right situation too often and last, CPU's have the stupidest (and by stupid I mean amazingly beastly) hit-confirms ever. But why does this matter? CPUs aren't as good as high level people that i for sure, but it has definitely stepped up by game. Knowing one mistake leads into a ridiculous combo that won't be missed and will most likely be maximized, knowing as soon as I press a button the game reads it and reacts ridiculously fast to what I do has definitely made me improve.
Bulletstorm....hooooooooly sh*t I put you in my PS3 again?! Yea, even though MVC3 has taken up most of my offline time, I played a little Echo Mode. Echo was the "multiplayer" game mode where you play parts of the single player and post your highscore on leaderboards. So basically it is only part of a full level, and no cutscenes ; lame. But I didn't care to go through the story again and this was actually fun. Just nonsense violence and remembering how fun it was when i first got the game, messing around with Skillshots. I just had to take a break from the game after how disappointed it made me, and come back to it realizing how much i enjoyed it ; like a bad spouse. The best part was the ultimate eyegazm of the game. When i first bought it, and played on my supr old half-assed TV, I was blown away by the graphics. Last week I got my first HDMI tv with the HD cables... Breathetaking.
Even though I've been obsessed with MVC3 on/offline, I still love SSF4. But the CPU in ssf4 isn't nearly as annoying in Marvel, or good. This lead to me being incredibly bummed out, because the SSF4 players I know work when I am off work, good stuff. Luckily for me, Arcade Edition recently game to Maui (FINALLY!!!!) It was incredibly fun; not really. Was nice seeing first hand how my characters changed and how the new ones felt, but I am a pad player for ssf4. And the only stick I can kind of play on it is the mvc3 from gouki.com ;)
(Which is constantly used for mvc3, thanks again guys <3)
But the arcade parts we received are complete ass. Instead of a ball-type stick, it's the long joystick type and the buttons are old-crappy re-used ones from the old SF4 machine (or so it seems). In all AE was cool, got to play with a friend who was beasting with E.Ryu but I don't like paying $1 a game on a uncomfortable layout.
I was so bored at one point, I played with one character at a time on Moon Diver, slowly leveling them up (so much faster online). Luckily for me, one night some friends weren't busy, and we hardcore grinded out some Moon Diving. Been a while since we had the chance and simply was loads of fun. Lots of yelling "OH DUDE" and" shi....NOOOOOO" . Plenty of hype over hack n slash craziness. but even with all the levels we gained, still couldn't beat that stupid Firebird boss....
Last but not least...AMMMMMERRRRRIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Red Dead Redemption was another game whos graphics blew me away on my old crap TV. That being said you already know I had a second eyegazm on my new one. Besides that, I went back to Undead Nightmare and tried to make it a bit more challenging. The first time I played through it it felt way too easy after the first few towns are cleared. So this time I only used the first pistol and a shotgun, and walked into the largest hordes of zombies I can find, seeing how long I can last with carefully aimed shots and barrel rolls. It didn't keep my interest for long but was pretty fun anyway.
For the most part, that concludes my adventures as I get deeper into my finals in school . Also http://blog.us.playstation.com/ said some services will be up this week, seeing that it's Thursday I really hope that PSN will be up before Saturday. I am big on online gaming ever since I got my PS3. I used to play gamecube, and when I got a Wii I rarely went online because of how bad it was. So I used to appreciate off-line gaming then, but when I got a PS3 that changed. I can see how I've been spoiled by always wanting to play other people, and how that is a needed experience for me. PSN being down does suck, but it allowed me to enjoy some simplicities of offline that I've been ignoring. Hope you enjoyed reading about my experiences, have anything similar? Share your downed network experience and leave a comment/ write a story. Don't be a jimmy.
By: iorilamia May 2, 2011 | 7 Comments
Pizza boxes and pillow cases, oh my...
Just got an email from Atlus with awesome news for upcoming game Catherine. For $79.99 you get the "Love is Over" Delux Edition. This includes a Men's Large shirt that Catherine wears with empty hearts, the large mens boxers wth hearts that Vincent wears in the dream world, a sexy Catherine pillow case and a....pizza box :p
The pre-order deal gets you a artbook and CD.
Catherine comes out 2 months from now. What do you guys think of these bonuses? Considering the fact that games are over $60 now a days(and if you pre-order), you would be getting a artbook, baller-ass music, and some clothes/pizza box for $15-20. But no matter how I try to justify it, $80 is $80 >_>. In less than a month might be seeing a post by goukijones with amazon deals, with Love is Over Delux Edition for $49.99 The shirt is awesome, but not enough. I'm mostly likely going with the standard pre-order.
Leave a comment below and don't be a jimmy.
Trending Video Games
- Wii U
- Borderlands 3
- Paper Mario Sticker Star
- Manny Pacquiao Pound For Pound
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Two Worlds II
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Diablo III
- The Wonderful 101
- The Outer Worlds