The first week of MVC3, I settled into a team of x-23, Magneto and Morrigan. Without knowing it, the team worked well in Unison. In the past couple of months I've switched out Morrigan for Wesker. Both characters have their own uses for the team.
First off, I'll go through how all the team members work out with each other and basic strengths, then I'll go into the Morrigan or Wesker comparison for who is overall better. I won't go into detail with combos, this is just a basic overview.
X-23 usually goes as my starting character. Fast rush down and multi-hit attacks work great in the start.
- Decent ground combo, air combo, then Wesker low assist on ground into Weapon X-Prime leaves the opponent in a spinning state. DHC-ing into Wesker's Rhino Charge resets the damage. After Rhino charge do low shot, crouching combo into launch combo. Using these 2 bars is enough to kill Sentinel (I use him a an example because of how annoying he is) and most characters in the game. Tanks like Hulk and Thor are left with a quarter health. She can use the same technique and DHC glitch into Mag's Tempest.
- During her combos, she has high mix-ups with H Mirage Feint. Calling Wesker low assist during these causes an un-block-able when timed correctly.
- Using Magneto's Disrupter assist to cover your M Mirage Feint can cross up opponents and ultimately helps you get in very fast.
- X-23's BnB combos ending with her Rage Trigger Super do great damage and are easy to score. Morrigans meter building assist a long with the amount of Meter both x-23 and Magneto build in their long combos, makes 5 meters extremely easy to get.
- She can also DHC her lvl 1's into Any of Weskers supers, Magnetos (Tempest only upon X-Prime) and all of Morrigan's.
Magneto is usually my second (sometimes first). His keep away game is good and his air-combos are amazing.
- Both Wesker and X-23 help magneto create tricky blocking situations and un-block-ables. While someone is blocking his low combo, he can call Wesker or X-23 low assist, and go into flight mode for an instant overhead.
- Another great tool for the low assist is doing ridiculous Magneto combos. Basic low combo into air combo, upon spiking them down, call one of the low assist and hyper grab, you can link this into super or relauch for another air combo, spike down, and do the same with the second assist. With enough meter, I usually end this with lvl 3. The hyper grab with these assist also allows a free snapback.
- With DHC'S, both of Mag's lvl 1's link with 23's lvl 1's, and Wesker's Phantom Dance AND his lvl 3! He can also DHC into Morrigan with full damage (if close enough). And anything can be DHC'd into gravity squeezes.
- Alone Magneto is a beast because of his flight cancel combos, L Disrupter and mobility.
Morrigan I feel has the strongest comeback factor (but lowest damage) and is usually last.
- Morrigan is last for her strong ability to put on high-low mix up pressure. Her Clone super a long with x-factor can be extremely confusing for people to deal with.
- While Morrigan does her multi hit high S attack, you can immediately start attacking low. If they are blocking low, I can call x-23 low assist and then air S while x23 hits low.
- Morrigan's fireballs are slow and her Flight Mode is as well. Mag's Disrupter assist is a great tool for helping her get in.
- Morrigan's air properties are a bit weird during her combos, but it is possible to get an extended combo with 23's low assist after air combo.
- She can flight cancel her fireballs ; 2 fireballs on screen at once. During her clone super, this makes 4 fireballs at once. Doing that a long with Magnetos beam assist causes TONS of frustration and damage, or lots of chip.
- All of Morrigan's supers DHC extremely well with her teammates. The Finishing Shower and Astral Servant both hold the enemies well enough for a full DHC to hit.
Wesker is also used as a last character because of the huge comeback factor. His damage is already amazing and in X-factor it is unbelievable. Also since Wesker has so many tools, he can handle comebacks well. But his explosive damage and command grab make him a great starter as well.
- After Wesker's Air combo, he can gunshot into Magneto assist, leading into another launch, then gun shot into 23 assist for a third launch. The scaling does get heavy, and the hit stun deterioration is noticeable, but this can be ended with another gunshot team super, x factor combo or air super.
- Firing your gun as Magneto shoots Disrupter, then immediately teleporting while the beam shoots can cause great confusion in your opponents.
- Only chip damage he has is the gun and Phantom Dance super. They both do very little chip, but the gun does a chunk in x-factor.
- Can DHC from Phantom Dance to Weapon X Prime but can be tricky but if y have a third member , this could lead into a awesome dhc reset depending on their super. Most of Wesker's DHC options miss, only do a little damage or take awkward timing.
- Low assist during block string into air teleport behind enemy for an overhead can be a bit tricky.
SOOOOOO, how do they do overall?
- Meter building assist is rape, especially since Magneto and X-23 can easily end very big combos with a super. Also having ton of meter towards the end and using Clone assist as much as possible with X-factor is a godlike way to make a comeback.
- Air S is one of the best anti- armor moves in the game.
- Flight Cancel combos create annoying fireballs, and make any unsafe move...safe :p
- Lvl 1's can be DHC'd into very well, more importantly her lvl 3 is EXTREMELY DHC friendly due to the awesome hit box and active frames.
- Has trouble getting in sometimes due to her extremely limited movement. But can keep you guessing with the options she has while flying.
- Attacks can be confusing and great block strings, but without an assist someone can get used to the mix ups.
- Command grab isn't comoable, but her back throw is...
- Air combos are a bit weak without flight cancels
- The strongest out of the team, way stronger than Morrigan. And most Health.
- Most versatility and tools. Combo-able command grabs, several wall bounce moves and amazing re-launch combos with assist.
- DHC's can be weird at times and lvl 3 dhc takes weird timing due to small hit box.
- Gun teleport combos can be tricky and create cross ups.
- Can't fly, but can teleport 3 times in the air before landing.
Overall, Wesker is a better character. But someone who has trouble with high-low mix ups, crazy fireball zoning and extremely long block strings can be destroyed easily by Morrigan. In the end, depending on the player I switch them in and out. Sometimes having both of them on the same team by taking out Magnus ;) 3 Things Morrigan definitely has over Wesker are zoning(his gun and teleports are fast but, someone who can fly and litter the screen with fireballs is more effective), ability to fly around and extremely fast moves that beat armor attacks a long with her her multi hit jumping S that rapes armor. The overkill power of Wesker in lvl 3 X-factor can kill most characters with counter super into abc launch combo easily and his speed is great.
Hope you enjoyed the read, maybe it helped you with some strategies. I wish I could show combos and strategies in a video but...I have no camera. Next time I'll go over my second team consisting of Ryu, Hulk and Shuma/Morrigan .
The final bang!
What do you think?
This trailer is beautiful. Too bad CG doesn't count.
I'm hype for this game. One of the few this year that I want to see more of. The gameplay style looks a lot like Batman, so that has me interested. More to come next week.
China may need to work on their punishments.
From a country that has had some brutal treatment of people, this throws me off. Maybe if they were forcing them to play some crappy games. If you don't earn enough you get beaten, but in most cases you're going to get beaten anyhow. About 300 prisoners have been forced to play 12 hours at a time. Chinese officials say it's not happening because they wouldn't allow the inmates to have contact with the outside world.
What do you think about this? When you consider how much money people have made by selling items and characters in various MMO's it makes sense. The other manual labor that prisoners are forced to do can be much harder on them so in comparison this really isn't so bad. Would you rather be digging holes, picking up trash in the sun, or playing MMO's?
Keep in mind the prisoners aren't getting any of the money, but prisoners here in the US only make small amounts for the work they do. And they are getting beaten, so there is definite mistreatment there. I wonder where they came up with the idea to do this? Do any of you doubt they are doing it? Should it be adapted here, you know minus the beatings?
By: goukijones Jul 8, 2013 | 2 Comments
New weapon skins, like a shark on the tip of your AR have got to totally excite you. If not how about the return of a classic Halo 3 map. Well classic is like your opinion or something. New armor mods are cool, 1 of the vehicle based ... allegedly.
So I don't really care for Pitfall, I don't like small maps. I like to drive. What I'd really like to do is play the Crimson map pack again. I haven't been on Halo 4 in a couple of months as of right now, but last time I checked, those maps were gone. The new map Vertigo has a stupid name. Also no vehicles so ... not too thrilled.
I like the idea of having a mod that will eject me of a vehicle if it finna 'slode, but I can't find any info about that just yet. Nubfarm Zero telling me this shit. Which slot does it fill? Which way do I fly out? Will I still have my shield up?
I don't care about skins. The new game type looks dumb. Not enough here for me to get back on the Halo band wagon. Don't be a Jimmy! Thanks for reading.
By: goukijones Nov 20, 2015 | 1 Comments
Friday, December 18, 2015 @ Anime Revolution in the Miracle Mile Shops inside Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. Las Vegas, NV in association with Gouki.com & Gouki.tv. Hosted by Panda Global Bassem “Bear” Dahdouh.
Anime Revolution Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood.
3663 S Las Vegas Blvd #25, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Sun-Thu 10am-11pm, Fri-Sat 10am-Midnight
Register online @ http://tournaments.gouki.com/ or at either of the Anime Revolution locations.
7PM first match called.
4 Stations will be live.
(You’re more than welcome to bring your own compatible Smash for Wii U controller)
$10 Total Entry: ($5 entry fee & $5 buy-in.)
Pot Bonus $150 Courtesy of Anime Revolution.
Guaranteed Prize $310 ($160 + $150 Anime Revolution Pot Bonus.)
1st Place Prize $180
2nd Place Prize $80
3rd Place Prize $40
4th Place Prize $10
1 Raffle ticket per entry.
32 entry cap.
By: goukijones Apr 10, 2019 | 1 Comments
The Edler Goddess Gameplay and official television commercial.
Cetrion Reveal Trailer
Read full story...
By: goukijones Sep 26, 2012 | 2 Comments | Updated: Sep 27, 2012
You got your Developers talking shit here and some weird cartoon story videos. I'm sold on Dishonored already. I didn't need the visual design director telling me it's not a gimmick game. I can't explain the little cartoons.
I love the idea of being able to jump everywhere & go everywhere. Sometimes I just like to climb shit. The killings & set ups for traps looks like a lot of fun. Then you got the stealth on the other hand & trying to get thru the game with out killing 1 person.Read full story...
By: Arthvader Sep 29, 2010 | 4 Comments
Yes, it finally arrived
Chapter 7: Beauty, Desire, Situation Dire has been released on the XBL Marketplace. if you have the game, pick it up ASAP. costs 400 MSP. now if only they get the characters out by the end of the month. here's the link to the XBL Marketplace with Castlevania HD: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a7a/?p=1&of=0&bt=0&sb=1#offers
By: goukijones Jun 22, 2012 | 4 Comments | Updated: Jun 22, 2012
Well this is great news for blind Jimmys. Nintendo announces today that a larger version of the 3DS is official. It's called the 3DS XL.
It's big now. I'm thrilled about this. Maybe now I can get into some Mario Kart. Here's the details from Nintendo.
Read full story...
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A big year for the Nintendo 3DS system is about to get even bigger. In a Nintendo Direct video on June 21, Nintendo revealed plans to launch Nintendo 3DS XL, a new version of Nintendo 3DS with 90 percent larger screens. When it becomes available across North America on Aug. 19 at a suggested retail price of $199.99, the new system will create even more immersive entertainment experiences for users, delivering a wealth of games and video content that can be enjoyed on the go.
“No other hand-held entertainment experience compares to the fun of Nintendo 3DS”
Nintendo 3DS XL features an updated form factor and will be available in Red or Blue. The new system’s battery life outperforms that of the original Nintendo 3DS, and it comes bundled with a 4 GB SD card, which owners can use to store content such as downloadable games and videos from the Nintendo eShop. Nintendo 3DS XL launches on Aug. 19, the same day as New Super Mario Bros. 2, a new installment in the fan-favorite Mario game series.
“No other hand-held entertainment experience compares to the fun of Nintendo 3DS,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “With the launch of Nintendo 3DS XL on Aug. 19, consumers will be able to enjoy the great lineup of current and upcoming games on an even grander scale. Plus, Nintendo 3DS XL gives owners even more real estate on their screens to enjoy entertainment applications like Nintendo Video and Netflix.”
If you liked my Chibi-Pa pics, here's my pics from Metrocon 2010, which took place a month before Chibi-Pa. Enjoy!
If you can't see the pics, here's the link:
The link above works if you can't see the slideshow.
By: goukijones Nov 20, 2010 | 4 Comments
FNJimmy makes his Wrestlemania debut. After a quick warm-up backstage against Rey Mysterio is FNJimmy A.K.A. Lost Soul ready to take on the undefeated Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXVI?
Before FNJimmy has his big match at Wrestlemania he has to arrive and walk through the back stage area of course. His out-side-the-ring clothes are amazing. While backstage though he runs into his life long Rival Rey Mysterio. After a little pushing and shoving, a backstage hardcore match begins. A perfect warm-up for FNJimmy's big match at Wrestlemania XXVI.
FNJimmy VS Rey Mysterio backstage at Wrestlemania XXVI
Read full story...
Trending Video Games
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Borderlands 3
- Street Fighter V
- Rage 2
- Cyberpunk 2077
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Fallout 76
- The Dark Crystal: Tactics
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Crackdown 3