An article from Australia's Sunday Herald revealed that The Penguin will be the latest addition to Batman: Arkham City. Oswald Cobblepot is a villain to be feared. You don't mess with a Penguin. Check it out!
Rocksteady's Dax Ginn explained that the studio will put a different spin on The Penguin "The way that Penguin has always been portrayed is as quite an aristocratic, well-spoken gentleman who's got these twisted delusions of grandeur" said Ginn. "So we've made him a really horrible, nasty piece of work - but still with the delusion of grandeur. He dresses well, but in a poor taste, and we've made him this brutish, brutal guy but also keyed into the collection fascination that he's had through out the years."
"Penguin's faction is much more about the collection that he has within his museum of all sorts of things but one of those things he collects is heavily artillery," said Ginn. "So when you come up against his thugs in the street they are all going to have seriously heavy weapons and that develops throughout the game as well."
Ginn also went on to describe Catwoman "The attitude of this Selena Kyle is closer to that of the late, great Eartha Kitt from the cult 60s TV show: strong, confident, sexy and independent."
I can't wait for this game, which drops Oct 18 this year. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
RedRapper is well known for his raps concerning fighting games. His Evo2010 rap using Cody's Theme from SSF4 was a big success. NSFW but a great remix so check it out.
RedRapper was at the LevelUp Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition Tournament that recently went down. Where Marn took first with Yun, EG Justin Wong second with Yang. Be sure to check out the archived videos from that tournament here. Tell us what you think of this video in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
0ShinAkuma0 uploaded a Super Street Fighter 4 compilation of Playerjun52's Ken showing a bunch of highlights from his matches. With some intense comebacks, crazy combos, and just straight beat downs. This is something to watch. Check it out!
As a Ken player this guy has truly inspired me to become even better. His execution is top notch. If you look at his button inputs everything is exactly as what is shown on screen. No button mashing here Jimmys. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Source: 0ShinAkuma0 YouTube Channel
The demo is just around the corner for the PS3 and Xbox 360 jimmys will be getting it soon after that. But is it worth the download? Has Mortal Kombat truly gone back to it's roots and become a good fighting game again or is it time to bury this classic.
I got my hands on the demo last night and I played it for a little over an hour. Mortal Kombat has always been about the gore and violence. The original 3 (MK, MKII, and UMK3) were some of the best fighting games around. Which is saying a lot with games like Street Fighter II, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Showdown to compete with. We all know Mortal Kombat has fallen off with it's latest release Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, which was a teen rated game, and offered no real fatalities or gore.
Well NetherRealms Studio and Warner Brothers have brought Mortal Kombat back to life and the demo proves it. The demo lets you choose from Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Mileena, and Sub-Zero. It offers 1-2 players and the traditional Arcade Ladder, where you fight one opponent after another until you defeat Shao Khan at the top. Although the demo only allows you to fight 4 out of the 10 opponents in the ladder it is more than enough to get the feeling of the game. Classic stages like The Pit II and The Living Forest return for the demo, and they are looking better than ever. Everything you remember about these stages are there and brought to life with the new 3D graphics. You can even see other characters from the recent games fighting on the other side of the pit. I noticed Frost and Kenji fighting it out, but a game that just looks nice isn't everything. How well does it play?
The new Mortal Kombat has gone back to it's roots with 2D gameplay and it has paid off big time. The controls are fluid and respond better then they ever have in a Mortal Kombat game. The combos are there and they work well. At first the game will feel slow and clunky, due to playing so much SSF4 and MvC3, but onces you play a few matches you'll feel right at home. The game now has a new Special Meter bar at the bottom of the screen ala SSF4, where you can build meter and perform enhanced special moves (EX Moves), combo breakers, and now the new X-Ray moves (Ultras). The enhanced special moves are just stronger versions with added differences to make them better. Take Sub-Zero's Ice Ball, if you enhance the move, then it becomes an Ice Beam and can't be jumped over. X-Ray moves are new to the series and are not only cool to look at, but they are great for huge damage. Although they can be blocked fairly easy, in just my short time with the demo I found a ton of ways to combo into the X-Ray moves for massive damage.
How well do the characters play in regards to there original counter parts? Almost exactly like they did before. The characters look amazing and play like they should play. Scorpion has his classic Spear move, Sub-Zero has his Ice Ball, and Johnny Cage still packs a Nut-Punch move. Speaking of the Nut-Punch, back in the day you couldn't perform this move on female characters. Johnny would just do the splits when fighting a female, and unless Mileena's secret is out of the bag, this move can now be performed on females. From what I've played so far, it seems that Johnny Cage is a beginner character, he has fast and easy combos while only doing little damage. I got 7 Flawless Victories with him during my ladder run on Hard. Sub-Zero and Mileena are advanced characters, their combos aren't as easy, but do more damage. So far I'm really liking Johnny Cage and Scorpion. In the demo each fighter gets 1 fatality and a stage fatality for the Pit II, and the full game has a minimum of 2 fatalities per character and I think every stage has a fatality.
Overall I love what they have done with Mortal Kombat. They brought back one of my favorite franchises and it looks and feels better than ever. I was worried that the gameplay wouldn't live up and I would have to say goodbye to Mortal Kombat, but now all of my fears have gone out the window. I can't wait for this game when it drops April 19th. Anyone else who was worried about the gameplay fear not. Go pre order this game it's going to be amazing. Everything you remember about Mortal Kombat and more. FINISH HIM!!!!
Check out this new Trailer from the demo:
Bottom Line Demo: Must Play!
Be sure to check back in April for the Review of the full game. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Netherrealms studio has just released a new trailer showing off some Noob Saibot combos. Another character is added to the list of Kombatants. Also look out for Sindle, Ermac, and Jade in the video as well. Check it out!
"We share blood, but we are not brothers"
Noob Saibot gut punches Jade and she vomits! Say what? This game is looking better and better. Be on the look out for Mortal Kombat April 19, 2011. Don't be a Jimmy! Pre-Order Now!
Bosslogic is at it again with his amazing Marvel vs Capcom 3 Wallpapers. With MvC3 right around the corner, it's nice to have some great wallpapers. Check them out!
Check out these that he did a while back.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
ScrewAttack.com has made a new Death Battle video, this one features Mike Haggar (Final Fight) vs Zangief (Street Fighter). It's slightly ridiculous, but it may be worth checking out.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy! Thanks for reading!
By: Cinderkin Dec 13, 2010 | 14 Comments
Mortal Kombat is scheduled to release April 2011 and will have a choice between 2 Kollectors Editions. Check out the details.
We now know that PS3 owners will be getting Kratos in the upcoming Mortal Kombat game. But when the heck is it coming out? Well it seems that Netherrealm Studio and Warner Brothers are shooting for an April 2011 release.
Also there will be a couple of Kollectors Editions available.
The "Kollector's Edition" of the title will ship with Sub-Zero and Scorpion figures, a collectible art book, and downloadable content that will add "Klassic" costume skins and avatar costumes.
The "Tournament Edition" edition is for the hardcore MK combatants, and ships with a portable fight stick, along with the aforementioned downloadable content. Only 20,000 copies of this "Tournament" edition will be available.
Also retailers like Gamestop, Best Buy, and Amazon are offering pretty sweet pre order deals.
GameStop will be offering the classic Scorpion skin, along with the fighter's original fatality.
Sub-Zero gets the same treatment if you pre-order from Best Buy.
Reptile gets the skin/fatality love if you pre-purchase from Amazon.
Which edition will you get? Are you gonna pre order it? I want the Sub-Zero pack. Best Buy here I come. The Tournament Edition sounds tempting, but I have a bad feeling it will be a JImmy Ass Stick.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy! Fatality!
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter I, Street Fighter V: Ultra Edition was announced today. Leaked concept teaser artwork of the project. You can see they're taking a more realistic approach this time around.
"We're pleased to announce another Street Fighter entry, we felt it's been long enough since we actually did anything with the Street Fighter franchise, and it's time to hit fans again," said an official anonymous Capcam representative.
Scheduled for an early 2011 release, this announcement of Street Fighter V: Ultra Edition will surely excite fans.
I can't wait for this game! Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy! Source: Eventhubs.com
By: Cinderkin Dec 6, 2010 | 10 Comments
So I noticed this on Eventhubs today. There are two videos showcasing how to use a Stick-less Fight Stick. This is pretty interesting check it out.
Fight Sticks have been the go to choice for most fighting game enthusiast. Many will say that it’s because they like the feel of the original arcade feel. Others will say that it’s superior to the basic controller scheme. I for one have a Fight Stick, but I prefer to use the Xbox 360 controller (don’t ask me why) for fighting games. The Stick-less Fight Stick would be right up my alley, because for the longest time I played SF and Mortal Kombat using a keyboard.
This is highly interesting and I am looking forward to the possibility of these things taking off and maybe being sold regularly like the TE and SE Fight Sticks by Madcatz.
Check out these two videos and let us know what you think.
Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Dec 14, 2010 | 10 Comments
A translation of the most recent SSF4 blog changes has been posted for Dhalsim, M. Bison, Akuma, T. Hawk and Adon.
• Down-Back + Crouching Medium Punch has faster startup and less recovery time. Now this combo is possible, Down-Back + Crouching Medium Punch 2x into EX Yoga Flame.
• Faster startup time on the EX Yoga Flame, making it comboable from Medium Punch and Kick normal moves. Damage was reduced from 180 down to 120.
• Yoga Inferno (Super) damage was reduced to 300, down from 350.
• During back dash, airborne frame comes immediately after invincibility frames end.
• We looked through his damage again, and as a result he was nerfed a bit, but there are changes beneficial to Dhalsim in other parts of his game. He has a huge diversity between a good match-up and a terrible match-up, but he has strong potential in himself.
• If you hit with Standing Hard Kick from the knee up it does 80, if you hit with it from the knee down, does 110 damage.
• Crouching Light Kick's hittable box was made slightly larger, making it easier to counter.
• Light Scissor Kicks push back further when blocked, making it harder to punish him, but also making it more difficult to keep pressure on with Crouching Light Kick afterwards.
• Super is projectile invincible during its active frames.
• Ultra 2 is now a charge command, damage was also increased to 450. Was previously 420.
• Comparatively, he is above standard in terms of a character's strength, but he's more dependent on players' skills due to the adjustments.
• Medium Punch Shoryuken's invincibility was lengthened, now he is completely invincible for the first 5 frames.
• Air Hurricane Kick's jump arc was changed, so running away with it is impossible.
• EX Hurricane Kick damage and stun were reduced.
• His Ultra 2, when Canceled during teleport only, has bigger hitbox downwards. Standing Hard Punch, Teleport into Ultra 2, is possible now.
• During back dash, airborne frame comes immediately after invincibility frames end.
• Considering balance, the runaway tactic with his Air Hurricane Kick was removed, but other things can be done as you currently can, so you will be able to apply your skill in SSF4 to SSF4 AE as well.
• Close Standing Hard Kick's recovery time reduced, and changed frame advantage to be +4 on hit.
• Far Standing Hard Kick's hitstun and blockstun were increased, making it harder to punish.
• Neutral Jumping Hard Kick has slightly more active frames.
• EX Condor Dive can be used by itself now, by pressing all three Kick buttons. It's different from the regular version, as you can do it while jumping backwards as well, and it's invincible to projectiles until its active frames end.
• Light Punch Condor Spire's hitbox was extended forward.
• Condor Spire's meter gain upon activation was increased.
• Increased his Super's grab range to be the same as his Light Punch Mexican Typhoon. Was previously 1.35 range and is now 1.5.
• Ultra 2 has a faster startup time, and its invincibility window was lengthened and it remains active longer, making it very easy to use as an anti air attack.
• A solid buff was applied to Specials, Super and Ultra, and some tweaks were made to his normal moves. Basically, there are only buffs, so it'll be easier to face casts that were bad match-ups in SSF4.
• Many of Adon's normals were buffed.
• Crouching Light Punch, Close Standing Medium Punch and Crouching Hard Punch all had changes made to their frame data.
• Close Standing Medium Punch, on hit, will have a frame advantage of +6, so it's possible to Link specials moves to combo, although it's still not Cancelable. This move was -1 on hit in SSF4.
• Far Standing Light Punch, Far Standing Medium Punch and Crouching Medium Punch were given bigger hitboxes.
• EX Jaguar Tooth will not do the yellow EX Flash until he gets to the wall and is invincible to projectiles until grounded.
• Medium Jaguar Kick's hitbox was changed, so Close Standing Hard Punch into Medium Jaguar Kick will register as a combo.
• Super's (Varied Assault) startup changed to 7 frames, down from 9 in SSF4, and the first hit's hitbox is extended downward more.
• Wakeup time was nerfed. Adon now takes longer to get up off the ground than he did in SSF4.
• His buffs are centered around using his normals, so he will be stronger while on ground.
Poongko is one of the Flashiest players in Super Street Fighter 4. It's always fun to watch him play. This time he shows of some excellent play with Seth. Check it out!
What do you think of Poongko's Seth play? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- The Last of Us Part II
- Remember Me
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Marvel's Avengers
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Rage 2
- Alice Madness Returns
- Fallout 76