By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Feb 13, 2011 | 18 Comments
In honor of Marvel vs Capcom 3 finally making an arrival, Gouki.com is kicking off the first Wed of release with Mahvel Wednesday. Come and Join Gouki.com in all of the MvC3 fun!
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds
Wednesday 8pm - 11pm PST
Xbox 360 (Sorry PS3 Jimmys)
Who can Join:
Any Gouki.com Member
Come join Team Gouki in a friendly night of Marvel vs Capcom 3. We play for fun on Wednesday Nights so feel free to invite your friends to play, and if you feel like you aren’t good at the game don’t worry FNJimmy will be there. We don’t just play the traditinal Lobby Mode either. We do things like 1 random, all random, no tag and more. So come and join Team Gouki every Wednesday. It's Mahvel Baby!
We start at 8pm and end at 11pm. Just pick a time and that works for you and come join us. Be sure to add Cinderkin to your friends list and send me a message saying you’re playing Wednesday. Don’t be a Jimmy! See you Wednesday!
Tell your friends, and use those share buttons. Gonna Take You For A Ride!
I get emails from YouTube all day long when people comment on our videos or on our channel. Today I got a real good one, he called me a jackass, then I called him a n00b and oh boy ... a whole notha level.
As you know Gouki.com has been simulating the matches of WWE PPV's with the video game, Smackdown VS Raw 2011. We've been pretty successful with that until I found a Reese's peanut butter cup in Jimmy's brand new Halo Reach Edition Xbox 360 and we had to send it in for repair. Irrelevant.
We simulated the two recent championship matches for 2011 Royal Rumble and posted them on YouTube. Don't fuck with wrestling fans. Here's what happened.
On the Edge VS Dolph Ziggler Royal Rumble.
mapscannotcontainme left this comment:
You jackass! Indicate that its a video game in your title! *First sentence in description
You are a n00b. Actual match is copyrighted. Perhaps you've been rick rolled. Don't be a Jimmy! *This YouTube pro doesn't know about getting Rick Rolled.
First off the first sentence in the description says that this video is a simulated match with Smackdown VS Raw 2011. This Jimmy was so irate and so upset that he couldn't watch the Royal Rumble, that when he say what I posted, he lost his mind.
This morning I received a reply on the video from the same Jimmy:
n00b or not - answer's not btw - I'm familiar with the concept of "false advertising" and I'm considerate enough to do others the favor of making clear what my YouTube videos (under other names) contain. BTW you have a private message and when you're referring to cock when you say "jimmy" it isn't a proper noun and doesn't need capitalization. The more you know... *No uploaded videos from this YouTube pro
Thanks for the English lesson, but when I'm the writer, I can write Jimmy however I please. But it didn't end there, I also received a private message from this Jimmy as well.
You see, you didnt need to reply to my post at all and you especially didn't need to throw baseless insults at me. When I called you a jackass it was meant kiddingly. FYI: jackass isn't the most severe insult one can hurl your way. Moving on, I'm not a noob. I've been using the internet and YouTube for years now. In fact, I'm quite well-versed in YouTube etiquette. Speaking of said etiquette, it's considered thoughftul to indicate when posting a video game clip that it's a video game clip such as by including the title of the video game in the title of your YouTube video.
(Telling me to not to take being called a Jackass -which I am- offensive, but when I called him a n00b, oh boy. I'm sure he was real upset that he had to turn off Two and Half Men reruns on the CW and respond to me.)
Now...as to being a "Jimmy"...you know what I probably am...but I just have to say...who the fuck calls anybody a "Jimmy"? I had to rack my brain to understand what you meant. I wasn't sure if you were talking about South Park or pot or a crowbar or the million and one other things that come to mind when I hear "Jimmy" before it being a synonym for "dick". Christ! I think I've heard it used once in that respect in my life before today.
Now, finally it's common knowledge that the WWE copyrights their videos and YouTube takes down the videos of matches put up soon after the actual PPV. This is obviously done in hopes of WWE getting people to purchase the encores, However, if you'd put down your video game controller for a moment - I'm guessing, given your YouTube page, that you spend a large percentage of your life with a controller in your hand - and scroll about YouTube, you'll find tons of WWE matches put up in their entirety. People post them despite the copyright claims and those videos end up staying up. It isn't unreasonable to think I might have been able to catch the video of a match before it was removed or that YouTube officials missed, either.
(This guy knows and understands that putting up copyright material is against the guidelines of YouTube, but was so mad at me for not uploading the actual match.)
YouTube doesn't always time stamp their posts in the main search results meaning what posters decide to name as their title is one of the main criteria people go by in choosing whether to look at a video. Not indicating in your title that your video is a video game could be construed as a pathetic attempt to gain views. Additionally with the improvements in recent years to video game graphics, small screenshot icons beside each video title are difficult to distinguish from real life match screenshots.
Don't bother responding to this message because you've been blocked from sending me a response. In the future, learn to properly title videos, not take posts so seriously, and learn some more relevant insults. It'd be appreciated.
He blocked me?! Why? What did he think I was going to do? Go crazy myself and write about this Jimmy on my website. Don't worry about me taking posts seriously.
Copyrighted videos are copyrighted for a reason and YouTube will ban you for posting content you don't own. I have over 200 videos on YouTube, I'm not gonna risk that to post actual WWE matches, when you can watch them for free on the WWE's YouTube channel. PPV's though, you have to Pay Per View.
This guy don't know what a Jimmy is? Well he knows now. HE IS A JIMMY!
So to all my Goukiites out there, drop by Nubfarm's YouTube channel and just let him know he IS a Jimmy and for a special bonus, link him to this story. He blocked me remember. Who knows maybe we'll make a new friend out of this. BTW, I added [SvR 2011] to the YouTube titles just for him and can only hope he is gracious enough to accept my actions for what they are. A semi apology for getting his hopes up about watching some illegal WWE PPV matches on YouTube.
By: MilkyPink Feb 10, 2011 | 18 Comments
Here are the gifs that were requested about 2-3 days ago. Grab them!
= For blazemanx
= For Sonic Zero
= For iorilamia
= For grey walrus
Short but sweet.
The game looks just like the promotional YouTube videos, theirs blood and limbs everywhere! The feel of the game runs smoothly and killshots are...basically everything. Doing random shit and getting points and cool names for it is amusing. I found myself getting "Voodo Doll" majority of the time by randomly using the Leash. The leash is a nobrainer really, you can turn the corner, randomly use it homes to nearest opponent. Its charged versions does a AOE gravity thing and everyone flies up in slomo, good shit. In the end, I thought about the full game. I am a multiplayer oriented person and I accepted the fact of no PVP, the game will be extremely fun co-op but...the skill shots are what intrigues you the most and doing cool shit, it might get annoying playing online and getting kill stolen when your trying to pull off something beastly.Got home, downloaded the demo and played it right away. Honestly, I am impressed. The demo is short and a little bit linear, but its full of fun. It's you the chick and the cyborg black dude running around killing stuff. There is a good amount of enemies and the NPC on your team don't really seem to kill steal you during the demo, good shit. You run around this weird planet/spacehip and encounter mutant dudes. 5 weapons are available. The Peacemaker Carbine, Flail Gun, Leash, a minigun you can pick up and fling shot. The Carbine works like you thought it would, pretty bread and butter automatic rifle. It (like every other weapon) has a charge version that basically shoots out a beast shot that guarantees a kill on the enemy. The flail gun is a pistol but in its charge version it is like a Flare Gun and the fling shot wraps around enemies, the charge versions has bombs around it that blow them up.
Basicallly I reviewed the demo like this
Grahpics- top fucking notch, the game runs and looks beautifully.
Gameplay-perfect. Controls are easy and mapped well, after you kill like 2 enemies you got it. Npc's were super dumb, but its a demo, they should be. and they can take a hit, if you have bad aim and spam shots at someone, good chance they will get up, and that I really like.
Demo Presentation- Short but really made me want more. You get a good variety of weapons and a real feel of the game as you run around this...weird broken down world/ship?
In the end, I'm gonna end of buying the game, already had it pre-ordered ;D Buy it!
The demo also had some extra goodies. It shows you your friends scores on a leader board and you can also check the whole leader board but, there were some pre-order bonuses also.
After beating the demo it tells you congrats for beating it, and you unlock Boots and Armor and something different about the Leash for when you buy the full game...that's like half of the pre-order deal (especially for us PS3 users T_T). But all in all it was fun as hell, hope you guys play it too and write about what you thought....unless your playing Dead Space 2, have fun ;)
Another good one in the series of preview trailers for this game...
From the twitterverse:
Bulletstorm fans have chosen. THIS is the Team Skillshot they wanted to see unveiled:
Pulling people apart... awesome.
By: goukijones Feb 17, 2011 | 8 Comments
If you're previliged enough to be on my Xbox Live friends list then you've probably only seen me playing Halo Wars even though MvC3 just dropped this week. I love RTS games, I love Samurai too ... Check out Total War: Shogun 2
Total War: Shogun Collector's Edition
- An exclusive (to the Collector’s Edition, at least), high-quality, hand-painted bamboo chess set
- Shogun 2 Art Book
- “Art Of War” bamboo box replica
- Takeda Shingen Daimyo figurine
The definition of one Bad Ass Nice Collector's Edtion. The Bamboo chess set is pretty sweet. So you might be asking yourself, where do I pick up such a lovely collector's edtion. I don' t know. Amazon doesn't list, well the do, but only in the UK. The US Amazon just lists the regular version. America gets screwed again!Read full story...
By: Cinderkin Feb 7, 2011 | 14 Comments
Capcom has officially released the trailer for the Final Boss in Marvel vs Capcom 3. While Galactus may be old news now, its still nice to see the official trailer. Will you fight to save the world? Check it out!
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: goukijones Feb 3, 2010 | 17 Comments
Buy Darksiders from Best Buy and receive a free action figure. My Darksiders action figure came in the mail today and you're not going to believe these pictures.
Dear Best Buy and THQ,
You should be ashamed of yourselves. First of all there was never any clear information about the Darksiders Action figure bonus when the game first came out. There was no information, if you had to fill out an online form to get the action figure and when you called or spoke to a Best Buy employee they didn't have a clue. Finally after digging through all types of forums, I came to the conclusion that the figure would just be mailed to me in a couple of weeks. This is what came in the mail today, this is exactly how I took it from the mail person this morning.
This is what came in the mail today.Read full story...
By: goukijones Jan 26, 2011 | 16 Comments
Wakfu is an online MMORPG turn based strategy game. Similar to the likes of Final Fantasy Tactics and is based off of an Anime. If you don't know anything about this game, here is a quick tutorial. The closed beta starts soon.
First of all it's a Square Enix game. Published only. A company called Ankama Studio is developing the game. The game looks like a slightly more colorful version of Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm just learning about this game today so bare with me.
I love Tactical RPG's. Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favorite games of all time. With Tactics Ogre only being on the PSP, there is no way I'm gonna play that. So now we have another option. An option that has 14 unique class styles and hundreds of different spells. This is looking like the Pokemon of Tactical MMORPG's. Some the character classes include: The Masqueraiders-Lunatic Soldier(sounds bad ass), Enutrof's Fingers-Treasure Hunters, and Sadida's Shoe-Plant Summoners. All very, very cool stuff.
Here's some of the cool things from the leveling up system:
- Kick-Ass: which determines damage done by attacks made from behind
- Each time a character gains a level, he gets 5 Aptitude points which can be split as you like amongst a list of 20 Aptitudes.
- Each class has access to 15 elemental spells, spread out into 3 of the 4 existing elements: water, air, fire and earth. You will start your adventure with only three available spells, one per element.
- As the saying goes: Practice makes perfect". Therefore, the more you use an elemental spell, the more experience and power it'll gain, until it reaches level 100.
Level 100. Heard. That's exciting stuff right there. I've already registered for the closed beta and you can to. The beta will begin Jan. 31, 2011.
Wakfu closed beta registration. You gotta love that name Wakfu Jimmy.Read full story...
By: goukijones Dec 13, 2010 | 17 Comments
Innovation that really changes the experience of games is something that a lot of developers can't get right. Here's a list of Gouki.com's most innovative things in video games from 2010.
Super Street Fighter IV - Replay channel
Watch random fights online while you cook breakfast. Sometimes even fights you've been in pop up or fights from people on you friends list. The SSF4 was a great way to learn street fighter as well.
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - The Autolog
Nothing else released this year made me want to play a game more than the Autolog. The competition of getting the fastest time on racing, or playing a cop intrigued me to no end. I'd stay up all night trying to figure out how this Jimmy (ThaBrad) got 10 seconds on some random interceptor challenge.
Fable III - Friend stats and updates
I have 0 STD's, Creasemonkey has 6. Erik Estrada has 27 kids. Man of Ponage has 22,000,000 gold. These stats would pop up constantly while you were playing. They were also in real time.
Smackdown VS Raw 2011 - Create a superstar
Where this feature has it woes, the outcome of what you can create is still amazing.
Halo Reach - menu
People do not realize how brilliant the Halo Reach menu is, that you can go through the entire menu. Check friends online, see friends armor sets, change your armor, buy armor, change your buttons, view the stats from the game, save a copy of the game. It's ridiculous. Every game should be like this.
Winners will be announced December 29th. Did we leave anything out? What's your favorite? Leave a comment below! AND don't forget to vote for your favorites in our Video Game Catalog.Read full story...
By: goukijones Feb 10, 2011 | 36 Comments
Live stream of Gouki.com
Trending Video Games
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Marvel's Avengers
- Cyberpunk 2077
- The Last of Us Part II
- Remember Me
- Fallout 76
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2011