GoukiJones and I paid a visit to Valve’s meeting room at E3 to take a peek at Portal 2
Goukijones and I paid a visit to Valve’s meeting room at E3 to take a peek at Portal 2. The game was not playable, it was demoed as a Blu-ray video, so don't expect this to be released anytime soon. Valve has only said "some time in 2011".
Valve showed us several new pieces of Aperture Science equipment:
- Excursion Funnels are liquid tunnels that can carry you or any cubes you may need either horizontally or vertically and can be redirected through a portal.
- Aerial Fiath Plates are sections that launch you (or a storage cube) across the room in a certain direction.
- The Thermal Discouragement Beam is a laser that can either take out a turret or activate certain switches, it can be redirected through a portal or with a Weighted Pivot Cube (basically a mirrored storage cube).
- Pneumatic Diversity Vent is a tube that sucks up anything underneath it, you can as expected drop a portal underneath and use the other end of the portal to remove any obstacles in your way.
- Propulsion Gel is an orange goo that, when spread on the floor, allows you to travel much faster than usual.
- Repulsion Gel is a blue goo that you will bounce off of (much higher than a jump).
There were some funny notes in the instructional slides shown before the demos of the different equipment. You can see that the humor of the original game is very much present in the sequel, even at this early stage. Here's the text in case you can't read it in the youtube video.
Excursion Funnels – are part of an investigation into how well test subjects can solve problems while travelling through a churning funnel of liquid asbestos. Results so far have been highly informative: They cannot.
Aerial Faith Plate – are part of a larger trust experiment designed to help the enrichment center discover whether the capacity for trust is effected by being catapulted into space.
Propulsion Gel – Designed as a diet aid and marketed under the name “Propulsion Pudding”, this sweet, largely non-toxic liquid form of fiberglass insulation increased the velocity of any food that followed it through the digestive tract, leaving the body no time to absorb calories. Propulsion Pudding was pulled from the shelves when it was discovered that digestion plays several crucial roles in the eating process, such as breaking down food into small, manageable chunks before it is violently expelled from the human body.
Repulsion Gel – Apeture’s second attempt at a dietetic pudding substitute resulted in Repulsion Gel, a much sweeter, slightly less non-toxic form of fiberglass insulation that caused subsequently ingested food items to bounce off the lining of the dieter’s distended stomach and out his or her mouth. For various reasons, this was also pulled from the shelves.
Win Call of Duty: Black Ops. Your choice for either the PS3 or the Xbox 360. Receive it on release day.
Winner announced contest closed
Congratulations to PWNY!!! She is the big winner of the COD Black ops giveaway.
- Pwny 7321000 *Big winner - Thank you very much for reading and writing on Gouki.com.
- akskiller 6360000
- Arthvader 3915000
- de bad shot 2180000 *Canadian
- sexyyrays 1291000 *not eligible
- GreenFire999 1036000
- ErikEstrada 565000 *Jimmy?
- fnjimmy 450000 *not a threat as promised
- ThaBrad 420000
- Thewolf14 345000
Every class can help out, here are some basics.
If you are new to K3 or are on the ropes about buying the game, here's a little write-up about how every class in some way can contribute to the team in multiplayer modes. Hope this gives you a better understanding of the game :)
(I will be typing this as you have the abilities I speak of maxed out or maybe even a mic to communicate)Read full story...
Complete list of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Changes as of September 15, 2010.
Found this over at http://shoryuken.com/
A lot more info than what was posted originally. Still take these with a grain of salt, as they are changes that are being tested and may not remain.
Yun and Yang have been added to SSF4 as of the Osaka location test. Another location test is scheduled during Super Battle Opera. The game is expected to release in December.
- Genei Jin is his super
- Yun feels stiff like Makoto does, but has his target combos
- build meter FAST because of the speed of his light palm ( ? ).
- LP forward special punch is good for block string, it's safe on block.
- His Dive kick is the same as Rufus.
- Arc jump is dictator like.
- Viper Walk speed.
- C.mk is crap.
- His super is about juggle, can take 40% life on Hawk.
- Ultra are useless outside of corner
- Yun can Tetsu Zankou (Shoulder) xx FADC xx Ultra 1
I couldn't FADC Nishou Kyaku (Up Kicks) at all, this may mean I suck or it may mean wake up Dragon Kick isn't a great option for Yun
Yun's Zesshou Hohou (Lunging Punch thing) was armor breaking
- Yun color 1 is Blue, color 2 is yellow.
- Multiple sources saw a Yun Genei Jin combo doover 50%, it looks like a very strong super
- Ultra 1 looks like a few punches, then a Balrog Ultra 2 foot/ground stomp then a Makoto Ultra 1 punch into the air
- Ultra 2 was a few hits, then a Gen leg hurricane into the air, footstomps on their back back to the ground.
- Shoulder seemed to have worse range than you'd hope.
- Dragon Kicks seemed to trade quite a bit
- His overhead (Toward and MK, can crossup a downed opponent).
U1 You Hou, U2 Sorai Rengeki. Super is Genei Jin
U1 is 4-hit, last hit is a launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway. Very similar to Makoto's U2. Can follow up U1 with Zesshou (lunge punch), or GJ combos. Only if GJ is activated before U1. I tried to activate afterwards, could not get anything to connect in time. Short range, does not hit on any FADC'd moved.
- U2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides the opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. Similar to Fei Long's U1. Does not combo from any FADC's. Short range.
- Genei Jin - shadows, cancel recovery on all moves, everything juggles. Was able to get 40-50% off GJ combos mid-screen, 50-60% in the corner. Can be super-cancelled off Tetsu Zankou (shoulder check).
- Kobokushi (palm move) - Jab is a fake, Strong/Fierce change the distance at which the opponent flies away. EX Nishou Kyaku (up kicks) will probably be good anti-air. Ultras do not combo off MK launcher.
- Yang also has his 3s target combos
- L/M/H Dive kicks do not change angle.
- Dive kicks would not come out as low as Rufus.
- EX Palm has a wall bounce
- Ultra 2 after Wall Bounce didn't connect, could have been timing issue though.
- c.LK xx Slashes works
- Window between slashes is quite lengthy.
- Yang Ultra 1 startup lost to T. Hawk Dragon punch but beat T. Hawk SPD
- Yang can Kaihou (Up kicks) xx FADC xx EX Slashes (execution fail on Ultra test sorry)
- c.mk into Slashes does work
- Yangs dive kick is the same as Yuns as far as I can tell.
- Yang's Super is double QCB + Punch, can cancel into into it from QCB + P (Palm)
- QCB + LP seemed to be fake palm.
- Yang color one is Pinkish, color two is purple.
- Yang's command dash was in and crossed up like Ibukis.
- EX Slashs looked like a great move, crazy fast.
- Super was Seiei Enbu
- Ultra 1 was a fancy ass version of Gens Punch Ultra 1, (it looked f'in cool though)."
- U1 Yang throws out a single attack - if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there - similar to Makoto's U1. Animation is sort of like Gen/Guy's, but with Yang style. Close range.
- U2 Yang rolls forward and goes up in the air with his rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks - looks like Yun's Nishou Kyaku. U2 will pass under fireballs. Seems to have some tracking properties - if U2 started while opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where the opponent is for non-animation damage. Combos off FADC/MK Launcher for non-animation damage.
- SE - Works similar to 3S. Doesn't seem nearly as useful as Yun's GJ of course.
- command grab damage nerf
- more recovery on breathless
- rolls have a little bit more recovery
- Adon doesn't get up as quickly after a knock down now, although it still seems to be quicker than other characters.
- EX Jaguar Tooth doesn't do the yellow glow, like other EX moves, until after you reach the wall. Not sure what effect this has, if any, on the move.
- Same as ryu, escaping hurricane kick nerf
- Ultra 2 is faster and apparently can be comboed into from a Shoryuken, Focus Attack Dash Cancel.
- EX Dragon Punch damage reduced.
- Hard Punch Red Fireball damage increased.
- May have slower walk speed. Akuma was tied for fastest walk speed in the game in SSF4.
- Ultra 2 is indeed 2x Half Circle
- U2 now charge motion, way more recovery
- Blocked Blanka Ball now recoils at half the distance, much easier to punish.
- Normals easier to combo
- tiger-knee Canon Strike no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, EX can still be tiger-kneed.
- HK spiral arrow's distance to get 2 hits is shorter
- sweep doesn't seem to deal as much stun
- faster walk speed
- ex zonk distance is shorter
- Medium ruffian is longer
- Hard ruffian may hit some crouching characters, like Gief
- Higher jumping taunt
- Ultra 1 seemed to do less chip damage
- standing HK is now overhead
- Rose taunt has less recovery
- EX Ducking, with less recovery than regular
- crouch HK comes out faster
- Ultra Spark got a damage nerf
- Ultra 2 (啼牙? jump QCF x2 one) is faster
- Gouken's LP rush punch has no forward movement, but is faster.
- His counter is now DP + Punch. LP for low body counter, MP for upper, HP is unclear.
- Damage down
- Hitbox tweak on mp hp combo, doesnt wiff crouchers anymore.
- Lp hozanto is safe from spd and light hawk spd
- U2 is decent now, less recovery on whiff, distance fixed.
- His flip grab has been toned down, 120 damage instead of 200
- Hp Hozanto is faster than before
- forward -> MP overhead is now 2 hit
- Slide has now 2 options afterwards: P -> additional attack, K -> auto oil up
- oils stack
- 360+K can now be cancelled
- Jump arc changed?
- Ultra 2 is now HCBx2
- Damage decreased
- Can connect target combo to HK? (not sure what this means)
- The upkick part of her fireball will combo into the fireball itself now if you do not store it
- EX Tatsu can be blocked low.
- More recovery on jab SRK.
- Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu
- gets Armor Break EX Hayate,
- more invincibility on Oroshi,
- damage boost on Fukiage.
- File under "Wild Speculation". It *looked* like her Fukiage (Up Punch) hitbox had been moved forward a bit. Also I may have seen her combo into Fukiage after EX Hayate in the corner but tbh I'm not really certain what I saw when that happened. Crazy mixups were afoot
- lost all invincibility on Soul Satellite.
- hurricane kicks are not good for escaping anymore
- more recovery on tiger knee
- damage BUFF on tiger uppercut
- Vanilla's standing lk is back. One hit, special cancelable, vanilla distance, does near 40dmg.
- light kick Tiger Knee is vanilla like, mk and hk are useless.
- More recovery on high Tiger Shot
- angry scar is now done using kick button
- I noticed absolutely no easy-to-see visible changes. There may or may not have been damage changes, but I didn't really notice any.
- no more jump HP
- air down+MK steps have weakened hitbox
- Ultra 1 is now "fireball-like" - can be deflected by other character's fireballs
- j.Fierce looks like he is doing a shoulder charge, similar to how his focus attack looks
- now has a standalone EX Condor Dive (KKK), and can be done on back jumps
- U2 startup and hitbox are improved.
- St. FP has better properties which aren't known, either bigger hitbox or more priority (or both?).
- Ex flip kick = viable reversal now.
- Less damage on ex wall dive grab.
- EX green hand no longer knocks down
- Defensive EX SPD beat out Attackers SPD after an EX Green Hand on hit
- Zangeif jab SPD range seems bigger, but the source says it could be eyes playing tricks
- Range on U2 increased, recovery also increased
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
AusGerCo. has posted a bunch of really cool Street Fighter Artwork in the shape of Paper Craft Figures. Check it out!
Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
Cody (Final Fight)
Guy (Final Fight)
Which ones are your favorites? I myself like the Vega, Cammy, and Akuma ones.
Tell us in the Comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
PlayStation Plus is $50 a year, but what exactly do you get? Iorilamia explores PS+ DLC, specials and the value that it carries.
PlayStation Plus is 3 months for $17.99 or one year for $49.99. Doesn't seem too bad, you can imagine you're paying for something like XBL. Here are the cool perks you get. Or don't get ...
Each Month/Week- Free PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. Dynamic Themes, avatars and add-ons (basically dlc)
Sucks because, Usually the PS1 games are crap games you most likely didn't play or want to play. Mini's are short-term games you would play on your cell phone usually . Free PSN games are basically games that are about $2-$15 for regular users and suck most of the time. The add-ons are mainly for random games you most likely don't have, and it's not always free. Avatars and themes...cool. Also the games are not their forever. One decent discount/free game can be up for a week, and the next few months will be complete trash games. And wtf, ps1 games are cool but they are backward compatible, the latest version of ps3 can only play like 10% of ps2 games, those should be what they are giving you.
You do get to try demos before regular users do and you get discounts on psn games.
Here is why I hate PS+ the most. Once you stop paying for it, you loose everything except avatars and themes (the lamest part of PS+...) I don't get it. You get "free" games you just paid 50 bucks for and they are all complete ASS, since you think your getting a good deal you go download and discount buying happy over thins you normally would never buy and if you don't keep paying, you loose the few games you actually did enjoy. Heres the thing, if you re-start your subscription, you get all your stuff back. I want you to keep your eye on PS+ deals (because they can be nice sometimes) Along with the PSN weekly Tuesday update, IGN covers all the deals for you.
What do you guys think about PS+? Have you tried it? Do the games sound appealing to you?
The reason I did not buy it: because I was following IGN's updates for a while to see if it was for me...most of the "free" games your getting are only worth a few bucks and aren't something I would spend time playing. Most not all. So in the end it would be a waste of money for me, especially since I don't care about themes,avatars or demos for games I'd never buy. Not being able to keep games is stupid. Also I have a few friends with it, after I saw a lot of the junk they downloaded I was further convinced into not caring about PS+. Flush it!
And now Cinderkin, the internet explodes.
Is Splash Damage going to change everything with Brink and their new engine called "SMART" ???
I first heard of Brink about a year ago. I saw the teaser for it and thought the concept of the island and the to factions feuding sounded cool. The teaser said it was coming out in Spring 2010. LOL. It's cool, good games take time. I always say delay it until it's perfect. Unless you're Gran Turismo 5, which I don't even know what the fuck they are doing anymore. Now there are karts ... wait getting off target.
Brink has had me juiced ever since I saw this video late last year. I told BatRastered that this is "the video that has me totally into this game." At this point last year we were Borderlands fiends. BatRastered way more than me. It was kind of hard for me to talk about a game that was so similar to Borderlands at first glance. I didn't think that, at all. When I saw the SMART engine working, I thought that we could do some really cool stuff with that. Check it out, Paul Wedgwood the Game Director playing in this video.
Now the first time a lot of people saw Brink was the CG trailer they released. I knew what was behind that trailer and if they were trying to say that is what it's going to be like when it comes out. Cool. Of course people were like "Yeah right, there's no way it'll be anything like that." Well I hope after watching the first video you understand why I think it will play like that. It's Hardcore Parkour FPS = HPFPS. WOW!
Finally it was time for E3 and I knew Brink was going to be there. It was one my E3 most wanted list top 10. Getting to play would really set my opinion straight. When E3 came around and I was on the floor talking with Ed Stern and actually playing Brink. I forgot about the Parkour stuff. I didn't get to see it all in the E3 Demo. I realzed this when I came home later that week. I didn't even see the jumping and sliding stuff. I thought. That was the gameplay element I was most interested about. Bongoboy had me going so fast through the demo; changin' classes, accepting missions, shooting Jimmys. It was cool though.
These next 3 videos are just straight forward gameplay and they are incredible. Warning God mode activated. First video = Zzzzz. The second video shows off some more slick jumping in combat and what some of the specific chracters classes do. The third video shows planting a bomb and defending an area the developer was trying to breach. To create a shortcut for his teammates. Awesome stuff there. Looks very exciting.
By now you understand where I'm going with the combat and "Moving and shooting" concept that, Technical Game Designer, Aubrey Hesselgren speaks of in this next video. Brink is do out in January, right before my birthday. I hope it's going to be a good one. With videos like these coming out as we get closer, I am constantly walking around with a stiffy thinking about the SMART engine! C'mon! Sticky baum to ya garill!
See more on the Bethesda Softworks official Youtube channel.
We played a couple hours of Borderlands 2 on PC while waiting for our Loot Chest editions to show up. We checked it out with PhysX turned on to see the difference. How does it compare to the console experience? Exclusive video.
We first saw the PhysX demo that NVIDIA released on youtube about a month ago. I have to say, we were blown away with that video, but needed to see it for ourselves.
When building GoukiJones' rendering machine last year, we included a GeForce GTX 560ti (then $249). The good news is that card is still up to date enough to play Borderlands 2 on high detail with PhysX enabled (on GoukiJones' 16x10 monitor). The better news is you can now get a GTX 660 for about $230 that will outperform the 560ti while using less power.
We were given a steam code by NVIDIA for a copy of Borderlands 2 so we could test the PhysX engine vs the console versions we usually play here at the Gouki.com offices. Thanks guys!
Seeing the extra elemental sparks fly looks really cool and the bodies fall to the ground realistically while bits and pieces of their armor pop off and wheel away in all directions. Though what really changes are the various cloth awnings, tarps, banners, and flags that inhabit the world of Pandora. Instead of being solid objects that don't move at all, they now come to life, blowing in the wind, reacting to your movements and gunshots, and generally behaving like you'd expect in the real world. It's not vital to game play, but it certainly makes the environment feel more alive.
Many other, smaller things stood out to me as well... from the snow melting on the screen to the goop (for lack of a better word) that sticks around after the exploding barrels are dealt with to the blood that pours from your own body after your shield is gone and you take a hit, PhysX makes for a more believable experience. I love how the little bits and pieces stick around in the environment during the gunfight. It littered the ground after one boss battle.
I used a Razer Onza tournament edition to control the game, it worked really well and just as I expected coming from the Xbox. This made the transition pretty smooth and I felt right at home on Pandora. One of the big differences from the consoles is just the huge amount of customizations you can do to the video settings, changing the FOV and customizing the level of detail and hud and just about anything else you could want.
This test proved one thing to me at least, the consoles are really overdue for a refresh. At this rate, last year's GPUs are doing some amazing things that I would consider "next-gen" if I saw it on my TV... and with Valve's announcement of "Big Picture" mode for Steam, and the rapid decline in prices of last year's GPU tech, putting together a gaming PC for the living room for less than the launch price of typical console ($350-450) seems within reach. Hopefully more and more games support the controller out of the box too, as I'm horrible with a keyboard/mouse when it comes to gaming.
By: Cinderkin Feb 1, 2011 | 9 Comments
MadCatz are known for their amazing Fight Sticks. The entire Gouki.com Crew have one and they are the best in the business. We knew MadCatz wouldn't let us down, when Marvel vs Capcom 3 was announced. Here is a photo of the MvC3 Tournament Edition Stick.
No exact date has been set for this baby, but we are hoping it becomes available in time for our Marvel vs Capcom 3 Ultra Combo Giveaway Grand Prize Winner.
Who else thinks this baby looks sweet? Will you be getting one once it drops? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: iorilamia Feb 11, 2011 | 20 Comments
Member iorilamia has been addicted to the killzone 3 open multiplayer beta. The class iorilamia has been using most of the time is The Engineer. He took time to write a book about the Engineer class. Weapons, skills, gameplay and matchups vs others.
Basically the Engineer is one of the more underpowered classes in K3, but one team having one and the other not makes a huge difference. If you don't want to read all the details (because most of you don't own PS3 or just don't want to read), I have the basic information written up at the end ^_^
M224-1A LMG- Your basic machinegun. Tons of amo, long range, medium fire-speeds but extremely innacurate in far distance.
STA11 SMG- Way more acurate than the first gun and much faster firing speeds, but smaller clip and sucks even worse at far range, a definate medium range weapon.
STA3 LMG- The lord of all spraying and praying. EXTREMELY CLOSE range weapon that has shitty acurracy, but spills bullets out with an INSANE rate of fire. Run into a room with it and take out a group of jimmy's without even trying.
STA18 Pistol - Run of the mile pistol that works at close range with a decent rate of fire. Should kill within 4-5 well placed shots.
VC8 Shotgun Pistol - Definately nowhere near as good as the shotty, far less range and damage, but it is still a one shot kill when your directly infront of someone.
STA2 Battle Pistol - Grenade Launcher aka "noob tube" for u CoD fans. Well its not nooby in this game, grenades bounch like a mofo but the weapon does shoot the nades extremely far and accurate ; very good vs campers.
Repair Tool – Repair damaged or destroyed ammunition dispensers, mounted guns, and automated turrets.
Repair Tool+ - Increases repair speed. (This is a MUST, the increased repair speed is insane and this is a fast-paced game, your gonna need it)
Repair Tool++ - Hack enemy placed turrets, transferring ownership until the engineer is killed or the turret is re-hacked. Stacks with previous abilities. (IMO this sucks ass. 9/10 your gonna die before you can just RUN UP to another engineers turret and hack it like your rambo, I haven't had much luck with this ability, but when I did, it allowed me to set up my own turret next to it.)
Sentry Turret – Deploy a machine gun turret that will automatically target and fire at enemies in range.
Sentry Turret + - Turret's firing rate is increase and can be deployed twice as fast as before.
Sentry Turret ++ - Deployed turrets can now track targets faster and are augmented with auto-fire rockets that fire every few seconds. ( LVL THIS SHIT UP AS FAST AS POSSIBLE! The Engineer felt like a struggle until the turret is fully lvled up, the turret dies too easily and its a sitting duck you the fire power is a must)
ENGINEERS ROLES IN THE TEAM / GAMEPLAY
The Engineer is your bro. Both teams have several amo crates that give you more grenades/mines than you spawn with and ofcourse more amo when you need it. You cannot use these unless a Engineer repeairs it (they are broken when the round starts) also if one team has a Engineer and the other doesn't, the one Engineer can destroy and take over the other teams amo deposits (or just capture them all in the start of the round). Before you go killing, Engineers need to repair the nearest Amo Depos.
Where and Why to use Turrets
The engineer ha several gameplay styles. To break it down we got the Camper, Aggresive and Security.
The Camper is self explanatory. Get your Turret in a corner while you wait in the other or next to it, firing at people coming near bye or outside. What makes it so effective is proximity mines. If you camp near a amo depo, you can have 3 mines constantly covering your blindspots and staircases, as soon as someone hits one you can constantly get more and more.
When your Aggresive (like me) you go out into the open, get your squishy turret (they do die easily) near a wall or crate giving you backup fire as you battle. It is effective because you can easily run back to heal him when injured. Also theirs MANY situations where I don't even notice a enemy but my Turret does, and I end up supporting him.
Security is great for your team. In almost any game-mode or objective while you go do your own thing, carefully place your Turret and proximity mines around the base/area.
Heres the fun part (not too much in-game) MATCHUPS! How us Engineer deal with other classes/ get railed.
Vs Engineer- Longe range, the engineer using the first primary weapon wins, its more inacurate than the second range weapon but the range usually wins overall, and the damage. Close range is a toughy. The last Primary weapon is best at close ranges, but the second one almost being as good and better acurracy, all comes down to the player. but even if its a small hallway, the second primary wins, the third is just TOO innacurate. Whoever have the better turret obviously have a much bigger hand.
Vs Infiltrator- This sucks. Infiltrators maxed out Hide ability allows them to appear as a teamate to you and yor turret. Ontop of that if they kill you with brutal melee, they stay hidden. Basically they seak up on you, brutal melee and your turret still doesnt see them, then they kill it. If they use a gun and are close enoguh, HOPEFULLY your turret turns around and fire a rocket first thing. The weapons matchup sucks aswell. Their primary eapon, an actual shotgun is way better than your pistol shotgun, and rapes you close range easily. They share the same secondary weapon as you but their last weapon makes the long range difference. A 5-burst red dot sight rifle, is way more superior than the engineers slow inacurate long range machine gun. Best thing you can do is be medium range while your turret is being a bro and helping you out, try to target them before they get close (it appears as red)
Vs Marksman - Marksman and Infiltrator are "top of the tier list" in a way. The marksman can be invisible while shooting at you, only appearing when killing or mortally wounding. So ofcourse when invisible, their turret can't see them, and if they do, the turrets slow ass moving rockets should be easy for a long range camper to dodge along with the turrets regular bullets. All of the marksmans weapons pwn you and the turret far/medium range. Your true only hope is close range or hopefully the machine gun pressure along with a turret causes their aim to fuck up. I'm pretty sure their final primary weapon kills turrets in one shot...a long with players.
Vs Tactition - Feels pretty equal. Tactition has a balanced weapon base with shotgun and rifles. The big upside tactition has is the ability to see players behind walls, BUT I don't beleive he can see Turrets. He will turn the corner ready to rape you, not knowing your buddy is ready to rape him.
Vs Tactitions Droid- It flies around and when it gets hurt sometimes flies away. This ofcourse makes it hard for your own turret to hit. But the droid ONLY shoots bullets, while your turret has bullets and rockets. One rocket should kill it, fire power is on your side. Also your machine gun takes down flying driods like cake.
Vs Medic- Medic is kinda lower on the list a long with Engineer. Your only real problem is the medic reviving and killing you from behind, but your turret may catch him before you even notice = win. The medic also has a shotgun, but without the abilities of infiltrator or tactition, it doens't always work out so well.
Vs Medics Droid- It follows the medic around shooting regular bullets like Taction droid, but its weak as balls. You or your turret can easily kill it. The only upside it has is staying alive and annoyinngly buzzing around when you kill medic.
The Engineer can play support with a strong Turret you can place in tactical areas and good weapons. The downside is fighting long range and cloaked classes. But if you want to camp with spamming mines and hiding in a corner with your turret in the other, that works too. The Engineer is also ideal for protecting assination Targets. On the forums this class has been protrayed as the "weakest" but the problem most people said is that the turret just needs a buff, its a sitting duck that dies easily(unlike the other 2 mobile droids), yet its the main part of playing engineer. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, I might do a write-up on Infiltrator and Markmans and how to be a cheap douchebag, but most of you probably don't care about Killzone3. Heres a video of Engineer class PWNING shit (well, the enimies are barely aiming...whatever) Uplaoded by http://www.youtube.com/user/pixelenemy
Don't forget to leave a comment below and what you think of the game and my write-up, thanks guys
By: BatRastered Feb 22, 2012 | 3 Comments | Updated: Feb 22, 2012
BatRastered's Trailer Breakdown: Borderlands 2 kicks off a new era of Shoot and Loot on September 18th in the US and September 21st Internationally! Gouki.com breaks down the new Siren's skill tree. Ninjas?
September 18! Ok, now that we've got the release date news out of the way, watch the video and I'll break down some news afterwards.
Here's the team of characters you will be using (about 0:40 in the video):
Salvador - the Gunzerker. His skill is dual wielding, as talked about way back at PAX. Yes, dual wield any two guns. Awesome.
Maya - Siren. She was revealed at PAX, but nothing was shown of her skill. We now know it is called Phaselock and it looks like an M. Bison Ultra 2 finisher. It holds an enemy in a phase field. It's unknown if this causes damage or just holds them while you shoot them.
Axton - Soldier. Looks like he's got a turret, so not much changing for this class, though I expect the skill tree will have some new hotness.
Zero - Ninja? He's got a sword that cuts people in half. Looks awesome, not much else shown of him in this video.
Next highlight: 0:54... Flying vehicles, not shown if we can pilot them, but looks cool.
Starting around 1:18 they move quickly through Maya's skill tree. I paused a lot and got these goodies for you all:
Sweet Release: Killing an Enemy who you currently have phaselocked creates Life Orbs which automatically heal the party.
Wreck: While you have an enemy phaselocked you gain increased fire rate and damage with all gun types.
Recompense: Taking health damage has a chance to cause you shields to instantly start charging. Also increases your sheild charge rate.
Res: You can instantly revive a downed friend by using phaselock on him/her (picture of a phoenix down lol)
Elated: While you have an enemy phaselocked you and your friends regenerate health.
Inertia: Killing an enemy causes your shields to quickly regenerate and increases your reload speed for a few seconds.
Kinetic Reflection: After killing an enemy you gain the ability to reflect enemy bullets sending them flying back toward your enemies. This effect lasts for a short time.
Accelerate: Increases damage and bullet speed with all gun types.
Ward: Improves your shield capacity and shield recharge delay.
Suspension: Increases the duration of phaselock.
What do you think? See anything else in the video that you're excited about? Leave a comment!
By: BatRastered May 17, 2012 | 8 Comments | Updated: May 25, 2012
Gearbox today revealed the final artwork for the Borderlands 2 box plus the details of the contents of the limited edition and the loot chest edition. Pics inside.
You can see the new box art here, it's a call back to the original game where the bandit was blowing his brains out with his fingers made to look like a gun. Now there are two "finger guns" so you know it Borderlands 2. Clever.
More importantly, Gearbox announced what we'll be getting if we order one of the two limited edtions. First up is the Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collectors Edition ($99) which includes an authentic Marcus Kincaid bobble head, hardbound art book, map of Pandora, comic book download and a four sticker set.
Next up we have the Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition ($149) which includes packs an exclusive SteelBook case, numbered certificate of authenticity, creatures of Pandora wide format ID chart and four lithograph postcards with a Marcus Kincaid bobble head, hardbound art book, cloth map of Pandora, comic book download and four sticker set - all packed in a replica loot chest!
That's a lot of stuff. Don't tell @Choke that the Ultimate edition is numbered or it'll be on his flip list!
Cloth Map FTW!
Trending Video Games
- Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville
- Death Stranding
- Mario Kart Tour
- Rage 2
- Marvel's Avengers
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Borderlands 3
- Fallout 76