Community Blog: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Updated Ver. 1.1
A trailer has hit the internet that confirms the rumor that Marvel vs Capcom 3 is in production.
So here it is. We see Iron Man, The Hulk, Wolverine, Ryu, Morrigan and Chris Redfield. It's all just a scripted sequence, but right at the end we see the only snippet of actual gameplay as Ryu throws out a huge hadoken. Looks like the graphics are going to look a bit better than TvC, but not quite SFIV level.
This was the info that Capcom gave out to the public:
• The game is set for a spring 2011 release date on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
• Right now the development team is looking at having about 30 characters — or so — in the roster.
• Seth Killian said that fans can expect "a healthy dose of new blood" when it comes to fighter selection.
• It's a 3-on-3 tag team fighting game, players build their own squads and uses Assists as well. Very similar to MvC2.
• The title uses an advanced version of Capcom's MT Framework, which powered Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2.
• MvC3 has aerial combos, hyper combos and other original gameplay systems.
• The game is officially titled Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.
• The goal is to get 100 pieces of music in the game, that includes old favorites, new tracks and remixes. The 'Take You For A Ride' song won't be returning, at least, it's not planned right now.
• There are no plans for an arcade, PC or Wii version.
• The team behind this wants this game to have a strong storyline.
• Development started on MvC3 in the summer of 2008.
Trending Video Games
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
- AEW Fight Forever
- Marvel's Midnight Suns
- Fatal Fury Garou
- Gotham Knights
- Street Fighter 6
- Saints Row
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3 Movie