here is a list and some background info on the top 5 characters i want added to MVC3.
Recently seth killian was interviewed about many topics and one of them was MVC3. He implied that they have not abandoned the game and are indeed working on something. Most are 99.9% sure more characters are on the way its just a matter of time. Here are my top 5 characters i want added.
Strider Hiryu is a ninja-style warrior who must defeat a legendary being known as Grandmaster Meio. Meio has observed Earth from his dwelling in a far off galaxy, and has created a space station (known as "The Third Moon"), between Earth and its original moon in order to rule earth and continue observation... The year is 2048.
Armed with a Cypher (a razor-sharp blade, wielded similarly to a tonfa which generates metal-cutting plasma) called Falchion, Hiryu must travel around the globe (including the Soviet Union and the Amazon Rainforest) to find and destroy the evil being. His original debut was in the original Capcom 2D side-scrolling game, Strider.
Strider was one of my mains in MVC2 i loved his speed and combo appeal. In a game like MVC3 he would be more of a combo machine than dante and i would expect to see him used by most pro players.
Abandoned at birth due to his burning red eyes, the child who would one day become Remy LeBeau was kidnapped from his hospital ward by members of the New Orleans Thieves' Guild who referred to the child as "le diable blanc" - the white devil. They believed he was the child that had been prophesied to unite the warring Guilds. Soon after, Remy was placed in the care of a gang of street thieves who raised the child and taught him the ways of thievery.
Gambit is one slick badass he was always one of my favorite x-men. He is really popular in the previous VS games and would fit right in with the current MVC3 cast. I know a lot of people would love to see how awesome royal flush would look in the MVC3 engine. I could see him as a mix between rush down and zoning and used a lot.
Mai-Ling is a skilled martial artist from Gora. Recently she left her hometown and participated in a martial arts tournament in which she won first place. Overjoyed she returned home to tell her family, but her joy turned to horror when she found her home ablaze. As she stood in shock the harpy, Lavia, descended from the sky and took credit for the destruction. So begins her journey to discover what evil has befallen the world.
Mia-Ling is from the VERY little known capcom fighting game red earth. She is a pure melee fighter and i think she would be a fantastic addition to MVC3. She would fill a few voids like more female characters and the badass kung fu style character. I could see her being a pure rushdown character with lots of over heads and heavy hitting combos and hypers.
Scott Summers, better known as Cyclops, discovered his mutant ability to direct and control his powerful optic blast, a powerful energy beam emitting from his eyes, during his difficult childhood. Having lost his parents at an early age and raised in an orphanage, he was eventually found by Charles Xavier and became the first member of the original X-men. Cyclops is also the father of Cable and husband of Jean Grey.
Cyclops is my favorite x-man and he NEEDS to be in this game. It just doesn't feel right without him in my opinion he was part of the backbone of MVC2 but thats just me. I could see him being just like in MVC2 but with a new level 3 hyper.
Ominous clouds of ill-omen obscure the castle. Pale moonlight shrines forth into Lord Maximov's inner chamber... he is awake! "The day of battle is soon to come..." muses the Romanian noble, "after a century of waiting, there are finally foes worth fighting!" With an evil grin, Demitri rises to his feet. After a hundred years of slumber. Demitri seeks to make "Prince of Darkness" the most feared name in the netherworld once again.
Morrigan, who is a daughter of Aensland, succeeded to the position of ruler of the Makai (the world of devils), after the timely death of Berial. The night before the final battle to decide who will be the true ruler of the Makai, Demitri's eternal castle has once again been drawn to the evil dimension by mysterious supernatural powers. "Is this an act of Doma?" "I know not of what he is up to, but no chance exists for a loser of his sort." Regretfully putting aside the battle with Morrigan for the time being, Demitri slowly rises from his enchanted coffin to terminate the loser who poses as a ruler. "I will make him fully aware of his place... I am the sole entity that can rule the Makai
Demitri is my #1 overall pick to be in MVC3. He is my favorite darkstalker character but he never gets any love. Capcom puts him in japanese crossover games and thats all well and good for japanese fans BUT NOT FOR ME. Its always morrigan that is the main character to rep darkstalkers in high profile crossover games. I know i can't be the only one who wants him in. I think an appearance in MVC3 could be his most badass appearance to date. He would most likely be balance between zoning and mix up options. I hear one of the reasons he was not included was because his midnight bliss super would be a pain to animate. Well i say bullcrap they could just make one new 3D model for midnight bliss and use it for all characters instead of creating 3D models for nearly 40 characters.
Those are my top 5 hopefully at lease one of these characters make it. I would like to know who you guys would like to see added. Let us know and don't be a jimmy.
By: iorilamia Jun 17, 2011 | 10 Comments
The fighting game Community in Maui has exploded in the last couple of months due to one random idea. (Finals match link inside!)
For a long time me, my friend Eli and Dwyane thought we were the best on Maui when it came to majority of fighting games out there (except Tekken). So a couple of months ago while at my house Eli was like " Yo, let's make an event on Facebook, a SSF4 and MVC3 tournament at the college and see who will come" I thought it was an amazing idea and we went on with it. Me and 2 other friends brought a system and our games. The Maui College has a huge student lounge that is open almost the whole day that anyone an go to, and we were surprised by all the people who showed up. Learning that there were people as good as us in some games and better in others was amazing. That day we didn't get around to a tournament, I believe there was like 8 hours of casuals, leading to us becoming good friends with a lot of the guys who stayed until closing.
Soon after one of the guys we met created a group of Facebook called Maui Street Fighter. Here we planned the next events and settled that we would meet up every Wednesday for SSF4 tournaments and mvc3 casuals (not too many people played mvc3, so a small tourney would be lame) Every Wednesday the amount of people grew and everyone's skill levels increased.
Things have gotten to a point where we had a good idea on who was bringing what set-ups and we could run our events at the school easily. The lounge is open from about 8 am to 9 pm. The security guards have gotten used to seeing around 30 dudes getting super hyped over games, so sometimes they let us stay till 11 to finish our events <3
A big surprise about a week ago was a huge influx in new people! The best part was, they were Marvel and Tekken players. This led up to us having 3 actual tournaments in a night (which is hard to fit in when you do them one by one). Tekken was singles (since it had the smallest entrants), Marvel was teams of 2 and SSF4 AE was teams of 3.
I love playing MVC3 casuals and felt pretty confident in the tournament. I didn't play Tekken and my SSF4 team got OCV'd by my close friend who plays me all the time; knew it was coming :p My teamate for Marvel was Adi, a guy who I felt pretty even with in skill leading up to more confidence (he played Wolverine, She-Hulk Storm and Wesker). He went first, beating the first few teams by himself and I didn't have to play. But when it came to the semi-finals and finals, he lost every set and I carried the way (which added more pressure than I thought it would).
In the end, it came down to me playing Morrigan, X-23 and Wesker vs. a really strong Hulk-She-Hulk and Dormmamu. (Before that I played his teamate in a very interesting battle with me playing Mageto, x-23 and Wesker and him playing Magneto, X-23 Dommamu) Both of us were dropping combos towards the end and I purposely didn't punish some things because I knew if I messed up one bit, I would have died ; ended up playing it safe. The photographer was nice enough to upload a video of the final match, but it is only on Facebook, I'm not sure if you will be able to view it upon signing in (I HOPE SO! IT'S GODLIKE) If anything, I'll share it on the Gouki.com wall.
So Adi and I won! Split the prize $ and took a bro-photo. It was truly a great tournament and a great experience. Glare makes me look cross-eyed but that's ok. Everyone attending the Maui College fighting events are awesome people and it is great that our community has grown so much from a friend saying " Brah let's make a event on Facebook". It's so hype having over 30 people in a room with many different play-styles and skills. Hopefully I can get more pictures from the guy or videos.
~Shout-outs to Gouki.com, Adi and I played on the MVC3 stick the entire time~
could we be seeing a update to the popular marvel vs capcom 3 already?
A rumor on the web has Capcom announcing a sequel to Marvel Vs Capcom 3 at E3 this year.
The rumor comes with little surprised since Super Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was talked about before as well. The talk of the sequel was started by Lupinko, the same guy who announced the SSF4 existence and roster months before its official announcement. Lupinko was also the man who leaked the complete MVC3 roster, Mortal Kombat roster, DLC and stages before the official announcements.
I think he has too much credibility to just flat out diss miss this claim.
So if we indeed get a update like SSF4 is getting with the arcade edition what would be your ideal changes? I for one one would simply DIE for cyclops and demitri anything else would just be a yummy bonus. So what do you guys think do you think there is any truth to this claim let us know what you think and don't be a jimmy!!!!!
and this helps breath life into this claim:http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/may/23/mvc3s-producer-meeting-capcom-usa-and-marvel/
There is a tournament coming up in Las Vegas, called Palomino Urban Nights #13. There will be a few games there including Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4, and Arcana Heart 3. A live stream will be offered as well. Check it out.
Team Gouki.com will be attending this weekend, and we are looking forward to competing. We want you guys to keep a look out for us this weekend on the stream. Below you'll find the info on the tournament for those that live in or near the Las Vegas area should come by. Check it out. Don't be a Jimmy!
Palomino Urban Nights #13 - Las Vegas, NV - 5/28/11
Date: Saturday May 28, 2011
Time: Starting at 4pm
Location: Gemini Arcade Palace, 4180 South Sandhill Road
Entry Fee: $5 each game
Venue Fee: $3 each person
**Payouts for all games is 70/20/10**
Mortal Kombat 9 Singles
PS3/360 (Whatever is available)
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
99 second time limit
**Use of any glitches (Ex: parry glitch) will result in a loss of that round**
**Use of any codes are banned**
**All characters except Kratos are legal**
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Singles
PS3/360 (Whatever is available)
2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
99 second time limit
DLC characters are legal
**Winner of the previous match must keep same team members, but can switch assists**
Super Street Fighter 4 2v2 Character Lock
PS3/360 (Whatever is available)
Each team member must play (A1 vs B1 = A1, A2 vs B2 = B2, A1 vs B2 = B2, Team B wins)
99 second time limit
**Teams can not have two of the same character**
Arcana Heart 3 Singles
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches, finals are 3/5
99 second time limit
***Event is BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)***
**Event will be streamed courtesy of Top Tier Gaming!**
Honestly I've been laying the SmackDown on FnJimmy the last couple of times we did battle on the MvC3, so I decided to record one of our best 2 out 3, best 3 out of 5 series. What happens next is unbelievable.
Read full story...
An opinion on who are in the top 5 and why.
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been out for a good enough time to see who are the extremely powerful and well-rounded characters. I've been thinking, if there was a tier list, who would be in the top 5? I came up with a list, but it is in no particular order. I feel that these 5 characters are all pretty close to each other in some way, being able to tear each other apart X-Factor or not. I'll be going over the strengths that lead me to believe they are the best and the few weaknesses. Keep in mind it is an opinion and I'd love to hear what you have to think about it.
- Best Teleport in the game. Basically instant, can use in 3 directions on ground and air.
- Amazing fireball game. Can be used as offensive, mix-ups with teleport and extremely annoying keep-away with her H fireball in flight mode.
- Her Trap is powerful and annoying. It moves fast, can have more than one out and it can set up for combos and mix-ups with the teleport.
- Great physical combos including her own in air re-launch combo and a overhead you can combo in and out of!
- Has flight mode
- Amazing Supers. Phoenix Rage has great priority, travels full screen at a fast speed and causes wall bounce for DHC combos or Trap combos. Healing Sphere helps desperately with regaining the load of damage she takes from chip. (Red Life)
- Dark Phoenix (Dying with 5 meters) increases her speed and offense. Regular Phoenix is already an extremely tough character to deal with. Dark form makes all of her normals and fireballs hyper-active and extremely hard to dodge. More chip damage as well.
- Dark Phoenix mode also effects her assist, making her Tk Shot one of the best projectile assists.
- Lowest health in the game. Healing Sphere is nice but that only works when opponent is inside. Many Phoenix players die to chip damage when opponent has enough meter. Also people are so focused on Dark Phoenix, that they don't use their meter, handicapping them from finishing combos.
- One of the best rush down characters and with the right assist, it is inevitable for him to get in and open you up
- Beserker Barage, Drill claw , dive kick and Beserker slash are extremely strong, fast and great priority moves. Being able to drill claw in multi directions, cross up with Beserker slash and dive kick into combos makes wolverine extremely versatile in his offense, leaving him with few bad positions during the tides of battle.
- His hyper Fatal Claw can be done in air or ground. Wolverines BnB re-launch combo into this super EASILY does over 40% on most characters. Also his Beserker Barage X and lvl 3 Weapon X are very easy to hit-confirm into.
- Wolverine has fast normals and a very fast dash.
- Already being a in-your-face type, it is ridiculous that he has a speed-up super; Beserker Charge. It only lasts 5 seconds but helps extend combos and make him more figity and faster than before (In movement and attacks)
- Has a OTG slide, with the right assist this extends his already simple yet damaging combos even more.
- Has a wall-jump when cornered
- Wolverine has good health and some of the best offense and supers in the game. The only disadvantage he has is no projectiles. But Wolverine has so many angles and quick ways to get in, that it doesn't matter. In the end it is up to the player, but for the most part Wolverine is unstoppable.
- Has one of the best damage outputs during X-factor (And very strong without it)
- Can teleport in directions on ground and air. While in air can teleport 3 times before hitting ground.
- Has single-shot gun that does great damage and has good hit stun.
- Can create amazing mix-ups with gunshots followed by teleports and assists
- Can combo after Counter super
- OTG gunshot creates huge team combos whether he is on point or assist
- Has 3 different command grabs, 1 leads into air combo, the other OTG combo
- Great keep away game and really good normals ; can fight either way
- Has 3 counter moves that can be comboed after
- Rhino Charge into low gunshot combo is ridiculously damaging for DHC glitch
- Extremely well rounded character who has almost everything
- Similar to Wolverine, it i hard to say. He can utilize 4 different counters and 3 command grabs vs rush-down types, and can play keep away and do mix ups on projectile spammers. Where Wesker leaves himself open is the air teleports. Air Teleport L and M have slow recovery and are punishable (if your opponent can reach you)
- Aim Master is an amazing projectile. He can shoot forward, diagonal or upwards while on the ground. And in the air can shoot down (OTG leading into super), forward and diagonal. These arrows are multi-hit and very fast, also leading into hit confirm super. This makes Taskmasters keep away extremely annoying.
- Has good reach with his sword and un-bloackable combos that don't need an assist!!!
- Charging star is fast and can go through some projectiles
- Web Swing is simply insane. Taskmasters solo combos are extremely dragged out with this, and can still end in Super.
- Has a counter super and counter move (not combo-able)
- Task is another very well rounded character. Great offense, great keep away and has counters to boot.
- Arrow super is awesome for DHC due to its changed directions
- None really. The web swing is very throw-able, but people don't usually try because if you screw up, you get hit with a easy 50%+ combo. Taskmaster is one of the most solid characters.
5. TRON or ZERO?
I could have easily made a top 6, but top 5 sounds cooler, and makes me think even harder. But in the end I couldn't come to a decsision to pick Zero or Tron. Here is a look at the two, I will let the Gouki members decide. Or maybe you rather have both of them and take someone else out?
- One of the highest HP
- Ridiculous combo-ability. High damage and awesome meter building for a tank character
- Jumping S is extremely annoying and effective. Does great damage, has active frames the ENTIRE time and causes ground bounce.
- Bone Strike is a great get-in move , can be used in air and combos very well
- Has a command grab
- lvl 3 is a command grab
- Both lvl 1 supers are great for DHC and combos well into them by herself
- A long with her already godlike combos, can be extended with the right assist to nearly kill everyone in the game
- Gustaff Fire is one of the best assist in the game. Crazy invinciblity and comes out very fast.
- Her projectile is poor and her only real means of getting in are jumping S and Bone Strike. Once you get around those her mobility to decent, but she has a bigger hit box than most, so she gets bullied a bit. Smart keep away can keep her at bay.
- Zero has some of the best normals in the game. A long with great reach and priority, the Shipugga makes it so much better. Great vs super-armor characters as well.
- Charged Buster is amazing. Zero can instantly let it go at any moment, when it is lvl 3 and he is airborne, it leads into a combo.
- Has a decent SRK
- Hadangeki is a great projectile as well
- Sentsuizan is an amazing air strike that is combo-able and lightning fast. He also has a fake version, confusing opponents.
- Raikousen is another fast air combo-able move.
- His teleport makes things very tricky. It is fast and has great recovery. with the right assist you can make effective cross-ups, and in the air he can attack afterwards.
- The clone super makes his already beastly offense even more fearsome, allowing him to do extremely damaging combos. Can also 100% kill everyone(?) when used in DHC glitch with the right combos.
- One of the few lvl 3's in the game that isnt a full cinamatic, giving it better combo-ability.
- Amazing back dash and very long forward dash. Mixed in with his teleports and high prioritized multi-hit normals, his footsies are great.
- Has a OTG super.
- Like most of the people on this list. None. The only downside to playing Zero is his low HP (not as bad as Phoenix though :p)
And that is my top "5". Please add your insight to who you think should be or not be on the list, how would you alter it? I till can't decide on Tron or Zero, both of them are so beast. Or maybe you don't agree on some of the stuff ; this is opinionated. Leave a comment below and if you didn't know, my PSN is iorilamia ;D
Daigo "The Beast" Umehara posted a video offering the rest of the world a message about the upcoming World Fighting Game Finals EVO. Daigo has a few choice words for those participating this year. Check it out!
So what do you think of Diago's message? He won SSF4 at last years EVO and now it looks like he's got some tricks up his sleave for Marvel vs Capcom 3. Will anyone stop the beast this year? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
The first week of MVC3, I settled into a team of x-23, Magneto and Morrigan. Without knowing it, the team worked well in Unison. In the past couple of months I've switched out Morrigan for Wesker. Both characters have their own uses for the team.
First off, I'll go through how all the team members work out with each other and basic strengths, then I'll go into the Morrigan or Wesker comparison for who is overall better. I won't go into detail with combos, this is just a basic overview.
X-23 usually goes as my starting character. Fast rush down and multi-hit attacks work great in the start.
- Decent ground combo, air combo, then Wesker low assist on ground into Weapon X-Prime leaves the opponent in a spinning state. DHC-ing into Wesker's Rhino Charge resets the damage. After Rhino charge do low shot, crouching combo into launch combo. Using these 2 bars is enough to kill Sentinel (I use him a an example because of how annoying he is) and most characters in the game. Tanks like Hulk and Thor are left with a quarter health. She can use the same technique and DHC glitch into Mag's Tempest.
- During her combos, she has high mix-ups with H Mirage Feint. Calling Wesker low assist during these causes an un-block-able when timed correctly.
- Using Magneto's Disrupter assist to cover your M Mirage Feint can cross up opponents and ultimately helps you get in very fast.
- X-23's BnB combos ending with her Rage Trigger Super do great damage and are easy to score. Morrigans meter building assist a long with the amount of Meter both x-23 and Magneto build in their long combos, makes 5 meters extremely easy to get.
- She can also DHC her lvl 1's into Any of Weskers supers, Magnetos (Tempest only upon X-Prime) and all of Morrigan's.
Magneto is usually my second (sometimes first). His keep away game is good and his air-combos are amazing.
- Both Wesker and X-23 help magneto create tricky blocking situations and un-block-ables. While someone is blocking his low combo, he can call Wesker or X-23 low assist, and go into flight mode for an instant overhead.
- Another great tool for the low assist is doing ridiculous Magneto combos. Basic low combo into air combo, upon spiking them down, call one of the low assist and hyper grab, you can link this into super or relauch for another air combo, spike down, and do the same with the second assist. With enough meter, I usually end this with lvl 3. The hyper grab with these assist also allows a free snapback.
- With DHC'S, both of Mag's lvl 1's link with 23's lvl 1's, and Wesker's Phantom Dance AND his lvl 3! He can also DHC into Morrigan with full damage (if close enough). And anything can be DHC'd into gravity squeezes.
- Alone Magneto is a beast because of his flight cancel combos, L Disrupter and mobility.
Morrigan I feel has the strongest comeback factor (but lowest damage) and is usually last.
- Morrigan is last for her strong ability to put on high-low mix up pressure. Her Clone super a long with x-factor can be extremely confusing for people to deal with.
- While Morrigan does her multi hit high S attack, you can immediately start attacking low. If they are blocking low, I can call x-23 low assist and then air S while x23 hits low.
- Morrigan's fireballs are slow and her Flight Mode is as well. Mag's Disrupter assist is a great tool for helping her get in.
- Morrigan's air properties are a bit weird during her combos, but it is possible to get an extended combo with 23's low assist after air combo.
- She can flight cancel her fireballs ; 2 fireballs on screen at once. During her clone super, this makes 4 fireballs at once. Doing that a long with Magnetos beam assist causes TONS of frustration and damage, or lots of chip.
- All of Morrigan's supers DHC extremely well with her teammates. The Finishing Shower and Astral Servant both hold the enemies well enough for a full DHC to hit.
Wesker is also used as a last character because of the huge comeback factor. His damage is already amazing and in X-factor it is unbelievable. Also since Wesker has so many tools, he can handle comebacks well. But his explosive damage and command grab make him a great starter as well.
- After Wesker's Air combo, he can gunshot into Magneto assist, leading into another launch, then gun shot into 23 assist for a third launch. The scaling does get heavy, and the hit stun deterioration is noticeable, but this can be ended with another gunshot team super, x factor combo or air super.
- Firing your gun as Magneto shoots Disrupter, then immediately teleporting while the beam shoots can cause great confusion in your opponents.
- Only chip damage he has is the gun and Phantom Dance super. They both do very little chip, but the gun does a chunk in x-factor.
- Can DHC from Phantom Dance to Weapon X Prime but can be tricky but if y have a third member , this could lead into a awesome dhc reset depending on their super. Most of Wesker's DHC options miss, only do a little damage or take awkward timing.
- Low assist during block string into air teleport behind enemy for an overhead can be a bit tricky.
SOOOOOO, how do they do overall?
- Meter building assist is rape, especially since Magneto and X-23 can easily end very big combos with a super. Also having ton of meter towards the end and using Clone assist as much as possible with X-factor is a godlike way to make a comeback.
- Air S is one of the best anti- armor moves in the game.
- Flight Cancel combos create annoying fireballs, and make any unsafe move...safe :p
- Lvl 1's can be DHC'd into very well, more importantly her lvl 3 is EXTREMELY DHC friendly due to the awesome hit box and active frames.
- Has trouble getting in sometimes due to her extremely limited movement. But can keep you guessing with the options she has while flying.
- Attacks can be confusing and great block strings, but without an assist someone can get used to the mix ups.
- Command grab isn't comoable, but her back throw is...
- Air combos are a bit weak without flight cancels
- The strongest out of the team, way stronger than Morrigan. And most Health.
- Most versatility and tools. Combo-able command grabs, several wall bounce moves and amazing re-launch combos with assist.
- DHC's can be weird at times and lvl 3 dhc takes weird timing due to small hit box.
- Gun teleport combos can be tricky and create cross ups.
- Can't fly, but can teleport 3 times in the air before landing.
Overall, Wesker is a better character. But someone who has trouble with high-low mix ups, crazy fireball zoning and extremely long block strings can be destroyed easily by Morrigan. In the end, depending on the player I switch them in and out. Sometimes having both of them on the same team by taking out Magnus ;) 3 Things Morrigan definitely has over Wesker are zoning(his gun and teleports are fast but, someone who can fly and litter the screen with fireballs is more effective), ability to fly around and extremely fast moves that beat armor attacks a long with her her multi hit jumping S that rapes armor. The overkill power of Wesker in lvl 3 X-factor can kill most characters with counter super into abc launch combo easily and his speed is great.
Hope you enjoyed the read, maybe it helped you with some strategies. I wish I could show combos and strategies in a video but...I have no camera. Next time I'll go over my second team consisting of Ryu, Hulk and Shuma/Morrigan .
PowerUp 2011 just passed recently and there were some great matches. SSF4, MK9, and MvC3 where all there. The first ever MK9 Major, as well as Justin Wong getting a Yellow Card from EVO Officials. Check the Grand Finals Replays from the Team Spooky Stream.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Singles Grand Finals Floe vs Noel Brown.
This match was a really good one, but a lot of people feel that it should have been Justin Wong vs Floe. Justin Wong was issued a Yellow Card from the EVO Officials for "Intentionally Playing Poorly". 2 Yellow Cards is the same as a Red Card which means you are DQ'd from the EVO World Championship in Las Vegas.
Check out the match below to see the controversial Justin Wong vs Noel Brown match.
What are your thoughts on the controversial match and the decision for the Yellow Card issued to Justin. Tell us in the comments.
Super Street Fighter 4 Grand Finals Wolfkrone vs DMG PR Balrog
Wolfkrone is the best C.Viper out there right now. High level play always. Tell us what you think in the comments.
Mortal Kombat Grand Finals EMP Perfect Legend vs EMP Tom Brady
Tom Brady is Godlike in MK, he has been playing since MK 1 and it shows. First ever Major and already extremely high level play. Tell us what you think in the comments.
For more info and results on the PowerUp 2011 Tournament click here. Don't be a Jimmy!
Missed any Mvc3 or SSFIV tournaments in the last week? Fear not as Gouki.com has compiled them all here with video highlights. Don't be a Jimmy! Check it out.
Fight for Relief was a charity tournament held 04/03. IPlayWinner and Level|Up Series collaborated to bring viewers at home a live stream of the action, to raise funds for Japan relief efforts because of the earthquake and tsunami. There was over $30,000 raised for the relief, and they had giveaways and interviews with top players. Hit the link to check out the event.
The Fight for Relief Tournament Results:
Marvel vs Capcom 3
1. EG.Justin Wong (Hsien-Ko, Thor, Chris)
2. Nerses (Magneto, Akuma, Sentinel)
3. Hori.AndyOCR (Storm, Sentinel, Haggar)
4. Codylicious (Wesker, Magneto, Akuma)
5. Chris (Wolverine, Spencer, Taskmaster)
5. Clockw0rk (Amaterasu, Doctor Doom, Phoenix)
7. Lawrence (Magneto, Wolverine, Taskmaster)
7. fLoE (She-Hulk, Dante, Dormammu)
Super Street Fighter 4
1. EG.Justin Wong (Adon)
2. Alex Valle (Ryu)
3. Jayce The Ace (C. Viper)
4. Gootecks (Balrog, Rose)
5. Hori.AndyOCR (M. Bison)
5. Realpolitixx (Hakan)
7. James Chen (Cammy)
7. Jorge (Ryu)
You can still donate to the cause here.
The Ultimate Gaming Championship was held in Italy between 03/31-04/03 and featured a few different games. Super Street Fighter IV was one of the games played. Gamerbee (Adon) went up against Starnab (Fei Long) in the grand finals match. Below you can check it out. Unfortunately they don't have the results posted to their site yet.
Guard Crush 14 - The Revival featured Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and was held 04/01. The grand finals for both games are below as well as the results brackets.
Guard Crush 14 Results:
Marvel vs Capcom 3
1. EMP.Chris G (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)
2. Marn (Magneto, Zero, Wesker/Sentinel)
3. TS.Nerd Josh (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Tron Bonne)
4. EMP. Mugetsu (Magneto, Sentinel, Dante)
5. Moons (Amaterasu, Taskmaster, Akuma)
5. EMP.Remix (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
7. L.I. Joe (Magneto, Sentinel, Wesker)
7. Mike Infinite (Storm, Sentinel, Phoenix)
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
1. Marn (Yun)
2. EMP.DragonGod (Ibuki, Akuma)
3. EMP.Yipes (Abel, M. Bison)
4. EMP.Sanford Kelly (Sagat)
For the Matches click here. It's in 5 parts.
The Break #101 Tournament was held 03/29 and featured some amazing Marvel vs Capcom 3 matches. Below you'll find the winners finals match, and a link to check out the rest of the videos from the tournament.
Check out the rest of the tournament here.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: iorilamia Mar 30, 2011 | 4 Comments
Patch updates don't stop Desk from making his glitches
Desk uploaded a spencer freeze glitch video a few weeks ago. After the recent MVC3 patch, freeze-bugs were removed (including Spencers). Well, that didn't stop Desk from finding it again. Spencer freeze glitch after his super is back! Seems like you need Haggar first to do it and DHC at the right time with Spencer. There is also a slow glide glitch shown done with Spencer aswell. I find it simply amazing that a bug was "taken out" and Desk finds a new way to do it, similiar to him doing the "removed" Akuma loop in ssf4. As he said in his interview with SRK a couple of months ago ,
"Just because developers tell you it isn't in the game, doesn't mean you can't find it".
Anyways check out the video below and leave a comment on what you think, don't be a jimmy.
(Old Spencer Glitch incase you didn't catch it)
Videos Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/biffotasty
By: Cinderkin Mar 29, 2011 | 8 Comments
The newest Shadow Mode DLC has come out, this time for $1 or 80msp. Although a dollar isn't a lot. Shadow Mode isn't that impressive to begin with. It was fine for free, but charging for it doesn't seem worth it. Anyone else agree?
If you are interested in Shadow Mode then here is what's in store:
Are you getting the second installment of Shadow Mode? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- The Wonderful 101
- Pokemon Sword And Shield
- Fable III
- Borderlands 3
- Fallout 76
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics
- Wii U
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Last Survivor
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel