News: Vegas Violence I at Hi Scores Bar-Arcade Las Vegas, NV January 26, 2013
Gouki.com & HiScoresLV Present: Vegas Violence I Featuring Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 & Super Street Fighter IV AE. CASH Prize pools start at $100 & increase $5 with every entry. Pre-register today!
Vegas Violence I January 26th, 2013 Hi Scores Bar-Arcade
Official Rules & Special Features
You must be 18 to enter. (Apologies Noah)
You can register right now on VegasViolence.com. There you can also see the pot value & bonus prizes. More bonus prize details will be added to this story.
Online pre-registration (From now until 11 AM Pacific on January 26, 2013)
$5 venue fee
$5 buy-in per game
Door Registration (January 26, 2013 11AM – 1PM Pacific)
$10 Venue fee
(Girls Venue Fee FREE only during Door Registration)
$5 buy in per game
Cash Prizes = 1st Prize 70% of the pot - 2nd Prize 20% - 3rd Prize 10% - Current pot value can be seen on VegasViolence.com.
The winner of each tournament will receive a Mad Catz Xbox 360 Street Fighter X Sanrio Fightstick.
You will receive 1 raffle ticket during check in. We will raffle off 2 Xbox 360 Mad Catz Detonator Stereo Headsets. First drawing will be before the first set of grand finals & the second drawing will be before the last set of grand finals. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
*Girls are free. Girls can have their venue fee waived if they wait to sign up at the door. Girls must still pay the $5 pot buy in.
There will be four causal stations. If you want to play a certain game leave a comment. These stations will be on the HiScoresLV reverse projection screens.
Tournament matches will be played on EVO approved monitors. ASUS 23-inch LCD monitors with speakers.
This event will be LIVE streamed.
11:00AM Casual play begins & door registration opens. Online registration is now closed.
1:00PM Tournament begins. All stations cleared. Brackets will run until top 3 of each game. Top 3 will battle 3 out of 5. Whichever game has the most entries will be the grand finale.
Game & Tournament rules.
(Most of these are based off of EVO rules, if it ain't broke don't fix it.)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012
- Winner may change ultra, but has to pick ultra first after loser picks character.
- Players must agree on a stage immediately or the match will be random stage select.
- Xbox 360
- Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, No Handicap (Top 3 - 3/5)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
- You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
- Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
- Winner must keep exact same team (including assists), but may switch order of assists via loading screen.
- You may not use the same character twice on one team.
- Xbox 360
- 99 Seconds, 3/5 Games, Default Handicap, Default Damage (Top 3 - 3/5)
Detailed Tournament Rules
- ASUS 23-inch LCD monitors with speakers.
- All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified.
- All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed.
- Hardware programmable input entry, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
- Accidently pausing the game at any time during the fight may force you to forfeit the round (solely at a judge’s discretion).
- Any player using “Random Select” to pick their character, must “Random Select” again if they win the match, provided that there is no way to pick a certain character in the random box.
- B.Y.O.C. Bring your own controller. *Wired controllers available for rent. $5 per day. $20 deposit.
- All games are on Xbox 360.
- All converters are the responsibility of the player.
- All wireless controllers are banned. (Apologies Mits)
Top 10 Video Games
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
- Super Smash Bros.
- WWE '12
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
- The Last of Us
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- Mortal Kombat
- Street Fighter V