Keits from Shoryuken.com has been filmed explaining a lot of Dante's Special moves in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Some say Dante has 40 Special Moves, but Keits could only perform what he knows. Also a few Spider-Man and Wolverine combos. Check it out!
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Mar 29, 2011 | 8 Comments
The newest Shadow Mode DLC has come out, this time for $1 or 80msp. Although a dollar isn't a lot. Shadow Mode isn't that impressive to begin with. It was fine for free, but charging for it doesn't seem worth it. Anyone else agree?
If you are interested in Shadow Mode then here is what's in store:
Are you getting the second installment of Shadow Mode? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Dormammu and Viewtiful Joe Join The Cast
Dormammu is the Arch-foe of Doctor Strange. Viewtiful Joe is the star of the game with his name in the title. Today they were officially confirmed characters for the anticipated Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Veiwtiful Joe shouldn't be much of a surprise as most people noticed him hidden in the trailer for the game. Dormammu was shown in the E3 trailer, but most of us assumed he would be a non-playable boss character.
Check out some screens below
By: shenwoopunch Jan 17, 2011 | 18 Comments
Gouki and Taskmaster officially confirmed for all the naysayers even though they were leaked previously by someone working on the comic and in a game preview website.
LOL Steven Blum is the voice of Taskmaster. If you didn't know he does a lot of voicework for animes and games. Some examples are Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. I didn't know he's 45. Here's a wiki if you want to know more about the roles he has done. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Blum
Taskmaster looks like a solid new character with a bunch of moves that include a reflect fireball sword slash, Spiderman's Web Swing kick attack, Captain America's Stars and Stripes uppercut move as his Air Combo Launcher, and Captain America's Charging Stars attack. He looks like he can play keepaway with his arrow shots, whack you around with combos, and appears to have a counter super as he catches Haggar during his jumping splash attack. Taskmaster's theme sounds pretty good too.
Gouki's super Fireball, Mesatsu Hadouken, isn't just a beam anymore and now shoots a crapload of fireballs at you. On the other hand, Gouki's air fireball super has changed into a beam version similar to Ryu's angled downward. He has his demon flip move as well. Unsurprisingly, his level 3 Super is his Raging Demon with new effects plus with the bonus of what appears to be projectile invincibility as he just charges right in to grab Doctor Doom during his Photon Array super.
Direct Links from IGN
Daigo "The Beast" Umehara posted a video offering the rest of the world a message about the upcoming World Fighting Game Finals EVO. Daigo has a few choice words for those participating this year. Check it out!
So what do you think of Diago's message? He won SSF4 at last years EVO and now it looks like he's got some tricks up his sleave for Marvel vs Capcom 3. Will anyone stop the beast this year? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Have you noticed any changes?
The patch is live and according to Shotyuken Sentinel's health was dropped by about 400,000 points.
The Haggar and Spencer freeze glitch should be gone.
And Akuma and Spencer have lost their infintes.
Have you noticed this or any other changes?
What do you think they need to fix next? Besides adding a spectator mode.
Capcom has just released some screens of Jill and Shuma Gorath in Marvel vs Capcom 3. These are high quality screen shots. Don't be a Jimmy! Check them out!
What do you think of these screen shots? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
An opinion on who are in the top 5 and why.
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been out for a good enough time to see who are the extremely powerful and well-rounded characters. I've been thinking, if there was a tier list, who would be in the top 5? I came up with a list, but it is in no particular order. I feel that these 5 characters are all pretty close to each other in some way, being able to tear each other apart X-Factor or not. I'll be going over the strengths that lead me to believe they are the best and the few weaknesses. Keep in mind it is an opinion and I'd love to hear what you have to think about it.
- Best Teleport in the game. Basically instant, can use in 3 directions on ground and air.
- Amazing fireball game. Can be used as offensive, mix-ups with teleport and extremely annoying keep-away with her H fireball in flight mode.
- Her Trap is powerful and annoying. It moves fast, can have more than one out and it can set up for combos and mix-ups with the teleport.
- Great physical combos including her own in air re-launch combo and a overhead you can combo in and out of!
- Has flight mode
- Amazing Supers. Phoenix Rage has great priority, travels full screen at a fast speed and causes wall bounce for DHC combos or Trap combos. Healing Sphere helps desperately with regaining the load of damage she takes from chip. (Red Life)
- Dark Phoenix (Dying with 5 meters) increases her speed and offense. Regular Phoenix is already an extremely tough character to deal with. Dark form makes all of her normals and fireballs hyper-active and extremely hard to dodge. More chip damage as well.
- Dark Phoenix mode also effects her assist, making her Tk Shot one of the best projectile assists.
- Lowest health in the game. Healing Sphere is nice but that only works when opponent is inside. Many Phoenix players die to chip damage when opponent has enough meter. Also people are so focused on Dark Phoenix, that they don't use their meter, handicapping them from finishing combos.
- One of the best rush down characters and with the right assist, it is inevitable for him to get in and open you up
- Beserker Barage, Drill claw , dive kick and Beserker slash are extremely strong, fast and great priority moves. Being able to drill claw in multi directions, cross up with Beserker slash and dive kick into combos makes wolverine extremely versatile in his offense, leaving him with few bad positions during the tides of battle.
- His hyper Fatal Claw can be done in air or ground. Wolverines BnB re-launch combo into this super EASILY does over 40% on most characters. Also his Beserker Barage X and lvl 3 Weapon X are very easy to hit-confirm into.
- Wolverine has fast normals and a very fast dash.
- Already being a in-your-face type, it is ridiculous that he has a speed-up super; Beserker Charge. It only lasts 5 seconds but helps extend combos and make him more figity and faster than before (In movement and attacks)
- Has a OTG slide, with the right assist this extends his already simple yet damaging combos even more.
- Has a wall-jump when cornered
- Wolverine has good health and some of the best offense and supers in the game. The only disadvantage he has is no projectiles. But Wolverine has so many angles and quick ways to get in, that it doesn't matter. In the end it is up to the player, but for the most part Wolverine is unstoppable.
- Has one of the best damage outputs during X-factor (And very strong without it)
- Can teleport in directions on ground and air. While in air can teleport 3 times before hitting ground.
- Has single-shot gun that does great damage and has good hit stun.
- Can create amazing mix-ups with gunshots followed by teleports and assists
- Can combo after Counter super
- OTG gunshot creates huge team combos whether he is on point or assist
- Has 3 different command grabs, 1 leads into air combo, the other OTG combo
- Great keep away game and really good normals ; can fight either way
- Has 3 counter moves that can be comboed after
- Rhino Charge into low gunshot combo is ridiculously damaging for DHC glitch
- Extremely well rounded character who has almost everything
- Similar to Wolverine, it i hard to say. He can utilize 4 different counters and 3 command grabs vs rush-down types, and can play keep away and do mix ups on projectile spammers. Where Wesker leaves himself open is the air teleports. Air Teleport L and M have slow recovery and are punishable (if your opponent can reach you)
- Aim Master is an amazing projectile. He can shoot forward, diagonal or upwards while on the ground. And in the air can shoot down (OTG leading into super), forward and diagonal. These arrows are multi-hit and very fast, also leading into hit confirm super. This makes Taskmasters keep away extremely annoying.
- Has good reach with his sword and un-bloackable combos that don't need an assist!!!
- Charging star is fast and can go through some projectiles
- Web Swing is simply insane. Taskmasters solo combos are extremely dragged out with this, and can still end in Super.
- Has a counter super and counter move (not combo-able)
- Task is another very well rounded character. Great offense, great keep away and has counters to boot.
- Arrow super is awesome for DHC due to its changed directions
- None really. The web swing is very throw-able, but people don't usually try because if you screw up, you get hit with a easy 50%+ combo. Taskmaster is one of the most solid characters.
5. TRON or ZERO?
I could have easily made a top 6, but top 5 sounds cooler, and makes me think even harder. But in the end I couldn't come to a decsision to pick Zero or Tron. Here is a look at the two, I will let the Gouki members decide. Or maybe you rather have both of them and take someone else out?
- One of the highest HP
- Ridiculous combo-ability. High damage and awesome meter building for a tank character
- Jumping S is extremely annoying and effective. Does great damage, has active frames the ENTIRE time and causes ground bounce.
- Bone Strike is a great get-in move , can be used in air and combos very well
- Has a command grab
- lvl 3 is a command grab
- Both lvl 1 supers are great for DHC and combos well into them by herself
- A long with her already godlike combos, can be extended with the right assist to nearly kill everyone in the game
- Gustaff Fire is one of the best assist in the game. Crazy invinciblity and comes out very fast.
- Her projectile is poor and her only real means of getting in are jumping S and Bone Strike. Once you get around those her mobility to decent, but she has a bigger hit box than most, so she gets bullied a bit. Smart keep away can keep her at bay.
- Zero has some of the best normals in the game. A long with great reach and priority, the Shipugga makes it so much better. Great vs super-armor characters as well.
- Charged Buster is amazing. Zero can instantly let it go at any moment, when it is lvl 3 and he is airborne, it leads into a combo.
- Has a decent SRK
- Hadangeki is a great projectile as well
- Sentsuizan is an amazing air strike that is combo-able and lightning fast. He also has a fake version, confusing opponents.
- Raikousen is another fast air combo-able move.
- His teleport makes things very tricky. It is fast and has great recovery. with the right assist you can make effective cross-ups, and in the air he can attack afterwards.
- The clone super makes his already beastly offense even more fearsome, allowing him to do extremely damaging combos. Can also 100% kill everyone(?) when used in DHC glitch with the right combos.
- One of the few lvl 3's in the game that isnt a full cinamatic, giving it better combo-ability.
- Amazing back dash and very long forward dash. Mixed in with his teleports and high prioritized multi-hit normals, his footsies are great.
- Has a OTG super.
- Like most of the people on this list. None. The only downside to playing Zero is his low HP (not as bad as Phoenix though :p)
And that is my top "5". Please add your insight to who you think should be or not be on the list, how would you alter it? I till can't decide on Tron or Zero, both of them are so beast. Or maybe you don't agree on some of the stuff ; this is opinionated. Leave a comment below and if you didn't know, my PSN is iorilamia ;D
By: goukijones Sep 5, 2011 | 3 Comments
Another battle to the "Depths!!" Best 2 outta cheese right Jimmy?
I thought it was bad before. Some how I am always distracted and FnJimmy takes advantage of me. This video below is nothing I am proud of. Don't be a Jimmy!
The first week of MVC3, I settled into a team of x-23, Magneto and Morrigan. Without knowing it, the team worked well in Unison. In the past couple of months I've switched out Morrigan for Wesker. Both characters have their own uses for the team.
First off, I'll go through how all the team members work out with each other and basic strengths, then I'll go into the Morrigan or Wesker comparison for who is overall better. I won't go into detail with combos, this is just a basic overview.
X-23 usually goes as my starting character. Fast rush down and multi-hit attacks work great in the start.
- Decent ground combo, air combo, then Wesker low assist on ground into Weapon X-Prime leaves the opponent in a spinning state. DHC-ing into Wesker's Rhino Charge resets the damage. After Rhino charge do low shot, crouching combo into launch combo. Using these 2 bars is enough to kill Sentinel (I use him a an example because of how annoying he is) and most characters in the game. Tanks like Hulk and Thor are left with a quarter health. She can use the same technique and DHC glitch into Mag's Tempest.
- During her combos, she has high mix-ups with H Mirage Feint. Calling Wesker low assist during these causes an un-block-able when timed correctly.
- Using Magneto's Disrupter assist to cover your M Mirage Feint can cross up opponents and ultimately helps you get in very fast.
- X-23's BnB combos ending with her Rage Trigger Super do great damage and are easy to score. Morrigans meter building assist a long with the amount of Meter both x-23 and Magneto build in their long combos, makes 5 meters extremely easy to get.
- She can also DHC her lvl 1's into Any of Weskers supers, Magnetos (Tempest only upon X-Prime) and all of Morrigan's.
Magneto is usually my second (sometimes first). His keep away game is good and his air-combos are amazing.
- Both Wesker and X-23 help magneto create tricky blocking situations and un-block-ables. While someone is blocking his low combo, he can call Wesker or X-23 low assist, and go into flight mode for an instant overhead.
- Another great tool for the low assist is doing ridiculous Magneto combos. Basic low combo into air combo, upon spiking them down, call one of the low assist and hyper grab, you can link this into super or relauch for another air combo, spike down, and do the same with the second assist. With enough meter, I usually end this with lvl 3. The hyper grab with these assist also allows a free snapback.
- With DHC'S, both of Mag's lvl 1's link with 23's lvl 1's, and Wesker's Phantom Dance AND his lvl 3! He can also DHC into Morrigan with full damage (if close enough). And anything can be DHC'd into gravity squeezes.
- Alone Magneto is a beast because of his flight cancel combos, L Disrupter and mobility.
Morrigan I feel has the strongest comeback factor (but lowest damage) and is usually last.
- Morrigan is last for her strong ability to put on high-low mix up pressure. Her Clone super a long with x-factor can be extremely confusing for people to deal with.
- While Morrigan does her multi hit high S attack, you can immediately start attacking low. If they are blocking low, I can call x-23 low assist and then air S while x23 hits low.
- Morrigan's fireballs are slow and her Flight Mode is as well. Mag's Disrupter assist is a great tool for helping her get in.
- Morrigan's air properties are a bit weird during her combos, but it is possible to get an extended combo with 23's low assist after air combo.
- She can flight cancel her fireballs ; 2 fireballs on screen at once. During her clone super, this makes 4 fireballs at once. Doing that a long with Magnetos beam assist causes TONS of frustration and damage, or lots of chip.
- All of Morrigan's supers DHC extremely well with her teammates. The Finishing Shower and Astral Servant both hold the enemies well enough for a full DHC to hit.
Wesker is also used as a last character because of the huge comeback factor. His damage is already amazing and in X-factor it is unbelievable. Also since Wesker has so many tools, he can handle comebacks well. But his explosive damage and command grab make him a great starter as well.
- After Wesker's Air combo, he can gunshot into Magneto assist, leading into another launch, then gun shot into 23 assist for a third launch. The scaling does get heavy, and the hit stun deterioration is noticeable, but this can be ended with another gunshot team super, x factor combo or air super.
- Firing your gun as Magneto shoots Disrupter, then immediately teleporting while the beam shoots can cause great confusion in your opponents.
- Only chip damage he has is the gun and Phantom Dance super. They both do very little chip, but the gun does a chunk in x-factor.
- Can DHC from Phantom Dance to Weapon X Prime but can be tricky but if y have a third member , this could lead into a awesome dhc reset depending on their super. Most of Wesker's DHC options miss, only do a little damage or take awkward timing.
- Low assist during block string into air teleport behind enemy for an overhead can be a bit tricky.
SOOOOOO, how do they do overall?
- Meter building assist is rape, especially since Magneto and X-23 can easily end very big combos with a super. Also having ton of meter towards the end and using Clone assist as much as possible with X-factor is a godlike way to make a comeback.
- Air S is one of the best anti- armor moves in the game.
- Flight Cancel combos create annoying fireballs, and make any unsafe move...safe :p
- Lvl 1's can be DHC'd into very well, more importantly her lvl 3 is EXTREMELY DHC friendly due to the awesome hit box and active frames.
- Has trouble getting in sometimes due to her extremely limited movement. But can keep you guessing with the options she has while flying.
- Attacks can be confusing and great block strings, but without an assist someone can get used to the mix ups.
- Command grab isn't comoable, but her back throw is...
- Air combos are a bit weak without flight cancels
- The strongest out of the team, way stronger than Morrigan. And most Health.
- Most versatility and tools. Combo-able command grabs, several wall bounce moves and amazing re-launch combos with assist.
- DHC's can be weird at times and lvl 3 dhc takes weird timing due to small hit box.
- Gun teleport combos can be tricky and create cross ups.
- Can't fly, but can teleport 3 times in the air before landing.
Overall, Wesker is a better character. But someone who has trouble with high-low mix ups, crazy fireball zoning and extremely long block strings can be destroyed easily by Morrigan. In the end, depending on the player I switch them in and out. Sometimes having both of them on the same team by taking out Magnus ;) 3 Things Morrigan definitely has over Wesker are zoning(his gun and teleports are fast but, someone who can fly and litter the screen with fireballs is more effective), ability to fly around and extremely fast moves that beat armor attacks a long with her her multi hit jumping S that rapes armor. The overkill power of Wesker in lvl 3 X-factor can kill most characters with counter super into abc launch combo easily and his speed is great.
Hope you enjoyed the read, maybe it helped you with some strategies. I wish I could show combos and strategies in a video but...I have no camera. Next time I'll go over my second team consisting of Ryu, Hulk and Shuma/Morrigan .
Capcom has recently released the reveal trailers for the earlier cast members for Marvel vs Capcom 3. These are the characters that were revealed near the beginning and didn't get the same treatment as the rest of the cast. Check them out.
To check out the rest of the cast hit this link.
What did you think of these trailers? Some of them would have been nice to see near the beginning, but better late than never. Which ones were your favorites? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
This new combo video for Marvel vs Capcom 3 has just surfaced. It features a ton of characters and some crazy combos here. Over 4 minutes of footage, and I wouldn't wait any longer to check it out!
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Halo: Infinite
- Fallout 76
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Rage 2
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Street Fighter V
- BioShock Infinite
- Beyond Good and Evil 2