Community News: Bits of info on UMVC3
a little more info on UMVC3
• In regards to online features for UMvC3, the match making process was sped up, they reduced online lag and the menu flow is easier for rematching players.
• At the current stage of development, there is no replay mode in UMvC3.
• The HUD shown is not the final version and is for Comic-Con. They're aware the lifebars for backup characters are hard to see and more tweaks are coming.
• Niitsuma hoped to get more characters from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 into UMvC3, but Marvel had their preferences, so Capcom went with those. Niitsuma also wanted to get another non-fighting game character in, but didn't say who that was.
• Tournament results and videos were a factor in balancing the game. Fan feedback and other stuff went a long ways in helping the developers change things.
• Not all characters got new moves, some just got tweaks to their existing attacks. Moves were added or changed to balance out the game, not just to add/change moves. C. Viper did get a new move, though. Frame data for a lot of the characters has been tweaked.
• The number of costume colors available for the characters has been expanded.
• There's no new end boss for UMvC3, still Galactus, but that doesn't mean they've left him untouched. He's got some new bells and whistles to throw at players.
• There will be something for MvC3 fans who bought the original game, if you have the save data on your console. What that is isn't revealed yet, but there will be an extra.
• If UMvC3 sells well, there will responses to fan requests for more content. This was said in response to if Mega Man will be in the game or not.
• All of the old stages are still in the game. Kattelox Island's snow version is separate from the old one.
• Capcom will not do a complete change log for MvC3 to UMvC3, but they're planning on doing something to document the changes between games.
• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be at EVO 2011.
• If you bought DLC characters/costumes for MvC3, that will be useable in UMvC3, but Shadow Mode DLC will not be going over to UMvC3, that's only for vanilla MvC3.
• Capcom didn't want to completely overhaul X-Factor, because it's still MvC3, but they did make some changes to it, it does less damage now and of course can be activated in the air, as previously reported.
• The new characters in the game will have their own endings, stories and stuff, but it sounds like they'll be styled how they were in MvC3.
• Simple mode will be like it was in MvC3, you can't access all of a character's moves with it.
• Capcom went to the original source material a lot for the characters to try to bring them to life in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
• Hawkeye was a choice Marvel was very excited about. He has good long range attacks of course, but his close range attacks are good as well, making him pretty unique and fun to use.
After reading this im getting even more interested in this game. What im happy to see is that for those who bought the original MVC3 they will get a little bonus. I know it wont be anything spectacular be at lease we get something. Im hoping its some free coustme packs or something like that. Let us know what you think about these little nuggets of info.
Trending Video Games
- The Last of Us Part II
- Remember Me
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Marvel's Avengers
- Fallout 76
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Alice Madness Returns
- Final Fantasy VII Remake