Blog: Microsoft's E3 Press Conference, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Microsoft E3 2011 Press conference just wrapped up. How did it go? Here's what you need to know.
Another year, another Microsoft E3 press event. No Cirque du Soleil nonsense this year, just a straight up media briefing with tons of trailers and demos.
Here's a quick run down of what I saw.
- Gears of War 3 campaign looks as good as you'd expect. Plus Ice-T was on stage wearing a kick ass GoW3 shirt.
- Mass Effect 3's Kinect enabled voice commands. Garrus, move up. Liara, use Singularity. Awesomesauce. Probably not enough to make me want a kinect, but cool.
- Kinect easy avatar creation with fun labs (out now!) I've been waiting for this since avatars came out, I have a xbl vision camera gathering dust.
- Starting off with MW3 and Tomb Raider was a bit weird. I don't know why the console makers feel the need to show off multi-platform games at their press conferences.
- Halo: CE Anniversary, an HD remake of the first Halo game. Looks cool, but also looks like it's going to be a full price game. #ripoff
- You're showing off Forza 4 with a Top Gear license... Where's the Stig? (For that matter where were any of the Top Gear crew?)
- Kinect football running in place.
- Two words: FIST BUMP!
- Fable the Journey Kinect game, waving your arms around like a Jimmy. I'd rather not.
An honorable mention must be made to the Halo 4 teaser and Tomb Raider for both being Fall 2012 games, meaning we'll see them at next year's E3 as well. #toosoon
Trending Video Games
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Marvel's Avengers
- The Last of Us Part II
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Cities XL 2012
- World War Z
- Fallout 76
- Batman: Arkham City