Blog: Yang and Yun in SSF4 arcade, new balance changes
It's now official that Yun and Yang have joined the rest of the cast — and new balance changes have been reported.
Found this over at http://www.eventhubs.com
Note, these changes aren't official yet, as this is just a location test and a lot can and will be changed in the future.
• Yun's Super is the infamous Genei Jin (Custom Combo) from Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. It has the trailing shadows you remember and he can Cancel the recovery on all moves, plus everything juggles. A few players were able to land combos that took off 40-50% of their opponent's life, and went up to 50-60% when they had them cornered. Also, this can be Super Canceled into off of Yun's Shoulder Attack.
• Ultra 1 is his You Hou, it hits four times, but the last hit is a Launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, he will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway, like Makoto's Ultra 2. This has a very short range and does not hit on any Focus Attack Dash Cancels. But he can follow up an Ultra 1 with his Lunge Punch or Genei Jin combos, but only if you activate before you land the Ultra 1.
• Ultra 2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides his opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. This also does not combo from any Focus Attack Dash Cancels because of its short range.
• All Yun's specials from Third Strike are in the game. Including his Palm, Flip Grab, Dragon Kicks, Shoulder Attack, etc. Light Punch Palm is a fake, Medium and Hard change the distance the opponent flies away.
• His Dive Kick is great, like Rufus' and his overhead, Toward + Medium Kick, can crossup a grounded opponent.
• Yun's Shoulder Attack seemed to have worse range than you'd think. His Dragon Kicks also seemed to trade quite a bit, but the EX version seems like it will be good anti air.
• Yun has his Third Strike target combos.
• Some players have claimed Yun feels "sluggish" like Makoto in SSF4.
• Yun's Ultras do not combo off his Standing Medium Kick Launcher.
• Yang's command dash was in and crossed up like Ibuki's in SSF4.
• His EX Fist Slashes looked like a great move, crazy fast.
• He also has his Third Strike target combos.
• Yang's Ultra 1, Raishin Mahhaken, makes him throw out a single attack — if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there — similar to Makoto's Ultra 1. This will only connect from close range only.
• Ultra 2, Tenshin Senkyuu, rolls forward along the ground and goes up in the air with a rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, the rest of the animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks. This Ultra will pass under fireballs and it has some tracking properties. If his Ultra 2 is started while the opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where they're jumping, but in this scenario it won't lead to full damage. This can be comboed into off of a Focus Attack Dash Cancel or Medium Kick Launcher for less damage, again it won't connect fully in these situations.
• Yang's Super is his Seiei Enbu (Custom Combo) from Third Strike. Works much the same way, but not as good as Yun's.
• Hakan's Oil Shower stacks, i.e. it can be applied multiple times, which adds to the overall time it stays on.
• Capcom also gave him a Kick follow up after performing his Oil Shower. Another follow up option after Hakan's slide allows the choice between doing more damage or oiling up again. Also, he can reportedly combo Standing Light Kick into his Oil Shower.
• Hakan's 360 command grab with Kick can be canceled. This is where he runs in place and if you let go of the button he attempts to jump towards his opponent and grab them.
• Zangief's EX Green Hand no longer knocks down. Range on his Ultra 2 was increased, but so was the recovery time.
• Seth's Jumping Hard Punch is gone, the one copied from Dhalsim. It wasn't clear what exactly this was replaced with.
• The distance Blanka flies away after a blocked Beast Roll has been cut in half, making it much easier to punish if blocked.
• Ryu and Akuma's Air Hurricane Kicks are no longer as effective for escaping bad situations. If these are done in the air before hitting the peak of the jump, they'll become floaty and go nowhere. Crossing up with a Hurricane Kick still works, though.
• Juri's Kick Fireball seems easier to combo with now.
• E. Honda's damage has been reduced, and it may be harder to combo into his Hundred Hand Slaps. Ultra 2 Oicho Throw has had its command changed from a 720 rotation to a 2x half-circle back motion.
• Ken's EX Hurricane Kick can be blocked low. He has more recovery on his Light Dragon Punch, but can juggle after a Light anti-air Shoryuken with an EX Fireball, just like Ryu.
• Guile's damage has been nerfed and his Sonic Boom no longer builds Super meter. It seems unlikely that the latter change will stay in the game, though.
• M. Bison's Ultra 2 is now a charge motion with way more recovery.
• Cammy's normal moves are easier to combo with now, but Tiger Knee (instant) Canon Strikes are no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, and the EX version can still be Tiger Kneed (done instantly).
• Makoto's EX Dash Punch (Hayate) now breaks armor. She also received a slightly faster walk speed and her Axe Kicks are more like they were in Third Strike.
• Dudley had an EX version of his "Ducking" attack added. This is where he slides forward and can punch or uppercut, it lacks Super Armor. This travels the same distance as the Hard Kick version, but recovers almost instantly. Crouching Hard Kick (Launcher) may be faster, although it's debatable at this point. Jumping Hard Kick knocks down in air-to-air situations.
• Chun-Li had no apparent changes, although it seems like her Crouching Hard Kick sweep doesn't do as much stun.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Death Stranding
- Mario Kart Tour
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Rage 2
- Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville
- Borderlands 3
- Fallout 76
- Marvel's Avengers
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Last Survivor