News: Evo 2012 to be bigger and better than ever, huge prizes!
Record attendance and huge cash prizes (over $100,000 in total payouts) set the stage for the biggest and baddest Fighting Game Community championships ever at Evo 2012.
Evo 2012 will be held July 6 – 8 at the Las Vegas Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino. The event is open to the public on July 6th and 7th. The whole thing will be broadcast on twitch.tv so if you can't make it, be sure to tune in.
With companies like Capcom and Warner Bros. chipping in huge bonuses to the prize pool, we will see some amazing prizes this year, over $100,000 total!
Here are the prize pools for the Evo 2012 tournaments. All tournaments pay out to the top 8 finishers.
- $25,000 Super Street Fighter IV, Arcade Edition 2012
- $23,000 Mortal Kombat 9
- $15,000 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- $15,000 for Sega’s Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown event (BYOC event)
- $11,000 King of Fighters XIII
- $9,000 Street Fighter X Tekken
- $5,000 Soul Calibur V
That's some big money, but you'll have to beat some stiff competition from over 40 countries to win it. By my count of the brackets there are over 1500 entrants in the SSFIVAE tournament alone (and over 1200 in the UMvC3)!
Gouki.com will be in attendance so be on the lookout for us if you are there!
Release Date: Jun 28, 2011
- Every Tuesday @GameWorks Las Vegas Street Fighter FREE 6-11PM BYOC
- Madden 15 Tournament 12/6/2014 @GameWorks
- Street Fighter Tournament 12/9 @GameWorks
- Super Smash Bros. WiiU Tournament 12/13
- Mario Kart 8 Tournament 11/22/2014 Grand Finals
Top 10 Video Games
- Super Smash Bros. Wii-U
- Mario Kart 8
- Ultra Street Fighter IV
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Madden 15
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- This War of Mine
- WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2011