We all knew Galactus was going to be the Final Boss in Marvel vs Capcom 3! Now check out the gameplay! Galactus is HUGE!
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Video was taken down fast Jimmy! Here is a small screen shot of the video.
By: Cinderkin Dec 3, 2010 | 13 Comments
Have you ever wondered if the top ranked player on the Xbox Live Leaderboard for Super Street Fighter 4 was legit? Well I've always suspected cheating, and now there is video proof. Check it out!
I'm a huge fan of Super Street Fighter 4. It is one of the most well balanced fighting games to date. No character (maybe Hakan) is worthless in this game. Which is why I play it so much, and never get tired of it. I've checked out the leaderboards before to find replays of some of the best players in the world. Players such as Diago, Gamerbee, Gootecks, Mike Ross, Justin Wong, Sako, Marn, Tokido, and YHC Mochi among others. But I've always noticed a few players with exceptionally high PP, over 7k to be precise. Anyway aMasahitolkeda6 has been exposed for cheating (boosting) PP to become number 1 on the leaderboard.
Now why would you upload your replays to the SSF4 channel if you've been cheating? Sad really. Check it out!
Don't be a Jimmy like aMasahitolkeda6!
By: Cinderkin Nov 16, 2010 | 13 Comments
EBGames.com and Gamestop.com says that if you purchase the collector's edition for $69.99 you will be able to download two playable DLC Characters — Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine.
We are all ready to get our hands on Marvel vs Capcom 3. Most of us have been waiting 10 years to do so. With Marvel vs Capcom 3 just around the corner, I've been checking up on it as much as possible. It seems that EBGames.com and Gamestop.com have the first collectors edition of the game available for pre order. With a price tag of $69.99 that is solid deal. Seeing as every new collectors edition nowadays cost $99.99!
The best part is that the collectors edition comes with 2 downloadable characters Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath! Now I can have my complete Resident Evil Team (Chris, Wesker, and Jill)
Check out what will be in the collectors edition below.
• Steelbook case featuring exclusive art work.
• Comic/Art book- A 12-page prologue comic, written by Marvel writer Frank Tieri, plus campaign art and a curated selection of fan art.
• 1-month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics, providing unlimited online access to Marvel content.
• People who pre-order through GameStop will receive MvC3 console decals created by Fathead. Also, character cards with a move list and descriptions.
Is anyone going to grab this collectors edition? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Bosslogic is at it again with his amazing Marvel vs Capcom 3 Wallpapers. With MvC3 right around the corner, it's nice to have some great wallpapers. Check them out!
Check out these that he did a while back.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Nov 27, 2010 | 24 Comments
Although not officially confirmed, it looks like Capcom is making the right decision to add the SSF4 Arcade Edition content on consoles. The new achievement tiles show Yun and Yang, and maybe even Evil Ryu. Check it out!
[Editor's note] This is big news if this is true. I've read the source of this story and it is a little unclear to me what exactly is going on. If this is true it does mean there is a huge update coming to the consoles with possibly 4 new characters. I'm thrilled that the idea of DLC characters might be in our future because that will unlock other options with DLC and bonus characters as well. Take a look at the pictures below and even follow the source. Hard for me to say right now what these images actually mean. We'll have to wait and see what Capcom says officially this week. Thanks for sharing Cinderkin.Read full story...
By: Cinderkin Feb 2, 2011 | 17 Comments
Dualshockers.com did a recent preview of Marvel vs Capcom 3, and they had plenty of good things to say about the game. One of the bad is that SSF4 and MvC2 style spectator mode for online play is not available.
Here is a copy and paste of what they had to say:
"When Marvel vs. Capcom 3 releases in just under two weeks, the game will not have spectator mode. Players in player matches with lobbies of up to 8 people will not be able to watch the game taking place as they wait their turn. This is said to be remedied in the very near future, but still. Another feature that players would and should expect is the ability to record and save videos of their matches. This ain’t happening. And this may or may not be remedied (ouch!)."
How come no one mentioned this before Jimmy? Why even give the option of an 8 player lobby without spectator mode? How did Capcom drop the ball on this shit? I mean come on Jimmy! I'm extremely pissed about this. Who agrees this is garbage? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
An article from Australia's Sunday Herald revealed that The Penguin will be the latest addition to Batman: Arkham City. Oswald Cobblepot is a villain to be feared. You don't mess with a Penguin. Check it out!
Rocksteady's Dax Ginn explained that the studio will put a different spin on The Penguin "The way that Penguin has always been portrayed is as quite an aristocratic, well-spoken gentleman who's got these twisted delusions of grandeur" said Ginn. "So we've made him a really horrible, nasty piece of work - but still with the delusion of grandeur. He dresses well, but in a poor taste, and we've made him this brutish, brutal guy but also keyed into the collection fascination that he's had through out the years."
"Penguin's faction is much more about the collection that he has within his museum of all sorts of things but one of those things he collects is heavily artillery," said Ginn. "So when you come up against his thugs in the street they are all going to have seriously heavy weapons and that develops throughout the game as well."
Ginn also went on to describe Catwoman "The attitude of this Selena Kyle is closer to that of the late, great Eartha Kitt from the cult 60s TV show: strong, confident, sexy and independent."
I can't wait for this game, which drops Oct 18 this year. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
The demo is just around the corner for the PS3 and Xbox 360 jimmys will be getting it soon after that. But is it worth the download? Has Mortal Kombat truly gone back to it's roots and become a good fighting game again or is it time to bury this classic.
I got my hands on the demo last night and I played it for a little over an hour. Mortal Kombat has always been about the gore and violence. The original 3 (MK, MKII, and UMK3) were some of the best fighting games around. Which is saying a lot with games like Street Fighter II, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Showdown to compete with. We all know Mortal Kombat has fallen off with it's latest release Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, which was a teen rated game, and offered no real fatalities or gore.
Well NetherRealms Studio and Warner Brothers have brought Mortal Kombat back to life and the demo proves it. The demo lets you choose from Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Mileena, and Sub-Zero. It offers 1-2 players and the traditional Arcade Ladder, where you fight one opponent after another until you defeat Shao Khan at the top. Although the demo only allows you to fight 4 out of the 10 opponents in the ladder it is more than enough to get the feeling of the game. Classic stages like The Pit II and The Living Forest return for the demo, and they are looking better than ever. Everything you remember about these stages are there and brought to life with the new 3D graphics. You can even see other characters from the recent games fighting on the other side of the pit. I noticed Frost and Kenji fighting it out, but a game that just looks nice isn't everything. How well does it play?
The new Mortal Kombat has gone back to it's roots with 2D gameplay and it has paid off big time. The controls are fluid and respond better then they ever have in a Mortal Kombat game. The combos are there and they work well. At first the game will feel slow and clunky, due to playing so much SSF4 and MvC3, but onces you play a few matches you'll feel right at home. The game now has a new Special Meter bar at the bottom of the screen ala SSF4, where you can build meter and perform enhanced special moves (EX Moves), combo breakers, and now the new X-Ray moves (Ultras). The enhanced special moves are just stronger versions with added differences to make them better. Take Sub-Zero's Ice Ball, if you enhance the move, then it becomes an Ice Beam and can't be jumped over. X-Ray moves are new to the series and are not only cool to look at, but they are great for huge damage. Although they can be blocked fairly easy, in just my short time with the demo I found a ton of ways to combo into the X-Ray moves for massive damage.
How well do the characters play in regards to there original counter parts? Almost exactly like they did before. The characters look amazing and play like they should play. Scorpion has his classic Spear move, Sub-Zero has his Ice Ball, and Johnny Cage still packs a Nut-Punch move. Speaking of the Nut-Punch, back in the day you couldn't perform this move on female characters. Johnny would just do the splits when fighting a female, and unless Mileena's secret is out of the bag, this move can now be performed on females. From what I've played so far, it seems that Johnny Cage is a beginner character, he has fast and easy combos while only doing little damage. I got 7 Flawless Victories with him during my ladder run on Hard. Sub-Zero and Mileena are advanced characters, their combos aren't as easy, but do more damage. So far I'm really liking Johnny Cage and Scorpion. In the demo each fighter gets 1 fatality and a stage fatality for the Pit II, and the full game has a minimum of 2 fatalities per character and I think every stage has a fatality.
Overall I love what they have done with Mortal Kombat. They brought back one of my favorite franchises and it looks and feels better than ever. I was worried that the gameplay wouldn't live up and I would have to say goodbye to Mortal Kombat, but now all of my fears have gone out the window. I can't wait for this game when it drops April 19th. Anyone else who was worried about the gameplay fear not. Go pre order this game it's going to be amazing. Everything you remember about Mortal Kombat and more. FINISH HIM!!!!
Check out this new Trailer from the demo:
Bottom Line Demo: Must Play!
Be sure to check back in April for the Review of the full game. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Remember back when Cliff Bleszinski said that playing games like UT3, BulletStorm and Shadow Complex would give you rewards in Gears of War 3? Me either but apparently he did, and now that is not the case anymore.
In a tweet made by Cliff back in December he stated "Look for special unlocks in Gears 3 for those of you who have played other Epic games such as Shadow Complex, UT3, Gears, and Bulletstorm,"
Well it seems that is no longer the case because in a tweet from Gears of War 3's Lead Programmer Joe Graf said "Turns out that we can't read the Bulletstorm, Shadow Complex, and UT3 achievements for unlocks in Gears 3 after all. Sorry about that all," He also stated "For those of you that are sad about the unlocks, it turns out that you can't read the data outside of your publisher/dev family,"
Don't worry though because it seems that Gears 1 and 2 will still offer something for us gamers in Gears 3. "All of the Gears games are in our publisher/dev family, so those we will reward with unlocks," said Gaf
Gaf also confirms that playing in the Gears of War 3 beta will have some rewards as well.
So be sure to hold onto your Gears of War 1 and 2 gamesaves, hopefully it will pick up achievements instead. And don't forget to check out the Gears of War 3 beta only accessed through BullestStorm which launches this March.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Some how TopTierGaming has a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3. They showed the case and comic book and now they are doing a live stream of the game. Check it out!
To see the live stream for yourself check it out here.
Don't be a Jimmy!
Complete list of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Changes as of September 15, 2010.
Found this over at http://shoryuken.com/
A lot more info than what was posted originally. Still take these with a grain of salt, as they are changes that are being tested and may not remain.
Yun and Yang have been added to SSF4 as of the Osaka location test. Another location test is scheduled during Super Battle Opera. The game is expected to release in December.
- Genei Jin is his super
- Yun feels stiff like Makoto does, but has his target combos
- build meter FAST because of the speed of his light palm ( ? ).
- LP forward special punch is good for block string, it's safe on block.
- His Dive kick is the same as Rufus.
- Arc jump is dictator like.
- Viper Walk speed.
- C.mk is crap.
- His super is about juggle, can take 40% life on Hawk.
- Ultra are useless outside of corner
- Yun can Tetsu Zankou (Shoulder) xx FADC xx Ultra 1
I couldn't FADC Nishou Kyaku (Up Kicks) at all, this may mean I suck or it may mean wake up Dragon Kick isn't a great option for Yun
Yun's Zesshou Hohou (Lunging Punch thing) was armor breaking
- Yun color 1 is Blue, color 2 is yellow.
- Multiple sources saw a Yun Genei Jin combo doover 50%, it looks like a very strong super
- Ultra 1 looks like a few punches, then a Balrog Ultra 2 foot/ground stomp then a Makoto Ultra 1 punch into the air
- Ultra 2 was a few hits, then a Gen leg hurricane into the air, footstomps on their back back to the ground.
- Shoulder seemed to have worse range than you'd hope.
- Dragon Kicks seemed to trade quite a bit
- His overhead (Toward and MK, can crossup a downed opponent).
U1 You Hou, U2 Sorai Rengeki. Super is Genei Jin
U1 is 4-hit, last hit is a launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway. Very similar to Makoto's U2. Can follow up U1 with Zesshou (lunge punch), or GJ combos. Only if GJ is activated before U1. I tried to activate afterwards, could not get anything to connect in time. Short range, does not hit on any FADC'd moved.
- U2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides the opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. Similar to Fei Long's U1. Does not combo from any FADC's. Short range.
- Genei Jin - shadows, cancel recovery on all moves, everything juggles. Was able to get 40-50% off GJ combos mid-screen, 50-60% in the corner. Can be super-cancelled off Tetsu Zankou (shoulder check).
- Kobokushi (palm move) - Jab is a fake, Strong/Fierce change the distance at which the opponent flies away. EX Nishou Kyaku (up kicks) will probably be good anti-air. Ultras do not combo off MK launcher.
- Yang also has his 3s target combos
- L/M/H Dive kicks do not change angle.
- Dive kicks would not come out as low as Rufus.
- EX Palm has a wall bounce
- Ultra 2 after Wall Bounce didn't connect, could have been timing issue though.
- c.LK xx Slashes works
- Window between slashes is quite lengthy.
- Yang Ultra 1 startup lost to T. Hawk Dragon punch but beat T. Hawk SPD
- Yang can Kaihou (Up kicks) xx FADC xx EX Slashes (execution fail on Ultra test sorry)
- c.mk into Slashes does work
- Yangs dive kick is the same as Yuns as far as I can tell.
- Yang's Super is double QCB + Punch, can cancel into into it from QCB + P (Palm)
- QCB + LP seemed to be fake palm.
- Yang color one is Pinkish, color two is purple.
- Yang's command dash was in and crossed up like Ibukis.
- EX Slashs looked like a great move, crazy fast.
- Super was Seiei Enbu
- Ultra 1 was a fancy ass version of Gens Punch Ultra 1, (it looked f'in cool though)."
- U1 Yang throws out a single attack - if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there - similar to Makoto's U1. Animation is sort of like Gen/Guy's, but with Yang style. Close range.
- U2 Yang rolls forward and goes up in the air with his rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks - looks like Yun's Nishou Kyaku. U2 will pass under fireballs. Seems to have some tracking properties - if U2 started while opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where the opponent is for non-animation damage. Combos off FADC/MK Launcher for non-animation damage.
- SE - Works similar to 3S. Doesn't seem nearly as useful as Yun's GJ of course.
- command grab damage nerf
- more recovery on breathless
- rolls have a little bit more recovery
- Adon doesn't get up as quickly after a knock down now, although it still seems to be quicker than other characters.
- EX Jaguar Tooth doesn't do the yellow glow, like other EX moves, until after you reach the wall. Not sure what effect this has, if any, on the move.
- Same as ryu, escaping hurricane kick nerf
- Ultra 2 is faster and apparently can be comboed into from a Shoryuken, Focus Attack Dash Cancel.
- EX Dragon Punch damage reduced.
- Hard Punch Red Fireball damage increased.
- May have slower walk speed. Akuma was tied for fastest walk speed in the game in SSF4.
- Ultra 2 is indeed 2x Half Circle
- U2 now charge motion, way more recovery
- Blocked Blanka Ball now recoils at half the distance, much easier to punish.
- Normals easier to combo
- tiger-knee Canon Strike no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, EX can still be tiger-kneed.
- HK spiral arrow's distance to get 2 hits is shorter
- sweep doesn't seem to deal as much stun
- faster walk speed
- ex zonk distance is shorter
- Medium ruffian is longer
- Hard ruffian may hit some crouching characters, like Gief
- Higher jumping taunt
- Ultra 1 seemed to do less chip damage
- standing HK is now overhead
- Rose taunt has less recovery
- EX Ducking, with less recovery than regular
- crouch HK comes out faster
- Ultra Spark got a damage nerf
- Ultra 2 (啼牙? jump QCF x2 one) is faster
- Gouken's LP rush punch has no forward movement, but is faster.
- His counter is now DP + Punch. LP for low body counter, MP for upper, HP is unclear.
- Damage down
- Hitbox tweak on mp hp combo, doesnt wiff crouchers anymore.
- Lp hozanto is safe from spd and light hawk spd
- U2 is decent now, less recovery on whiff, distance fixed.
- His flip grab has been toned down, 120 damage instead of 200
- Hp Hozanto is faster than before
- forward -> MP overhead is now 2 hit
- Slide has now 2 options afterwards: P -> additional attack, K -> auto oil up
- oils stack
- 360+K can now be cancelled
- Jump arc changed?
- Ultra 2 is now HCBx2
- Damage decreased
- Can connect target combo to HK? (not sure what this means)
- The upkick part of her fireball will combo into the fireball itself now if you do not store it
- EX Tatsu can be blocked low.
- More recovery on jab SRK.
- Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu
- gets Armor Break EX Hayate,
- more invincibility on Oroshi,
- damage boost on Fukiage.
- File under "Wild Speculation". It *looked* like her Fukiage (Up Punch) hitbox had been moved forward a bit. Also I may have seen her combo into Fukiage after EX Hayate in the corner but tbh I'm not really certain what I saw when that happened. Crazy mixups were afoot
- lost all invincibility on Soul Satellite.
- hurricane kicks are not good for escaping anymore
- more recovery on tiger knee
- damage BUFF on tiger uppercut
- Vanilla's standing lk is back. One hit, special cancelable, vanilla distance, does near 40dmg.
- light kick Tiger Knee is vanilla like, mk and hk are useless.
- More recovery on high Tiger Shot
- angry scar is now done using kick button
- I noticed absolutely no easy-to-see visible changes. There may or may not have been damage changes, but I didn't really notice any.
- no more jump HP
- air down+MK steps have weakened hitbox
- Ultra 1 is now "fireball-like" - can be deflected by other character's fireballs
- j.Fierce looks like he is doing a shoulder charge, similar to how his focus attack looks
- now has a standalone EX Condor Dive (KKK), and can be done on back jumps
- U2 startup and hitbox are improved.
- St. FP has better properties which aren't known, either bigger hitbox or more priority (or both?).
- Ex flip kick = viable reversal now.
- Less damage on ex wall dive grab.
- EX green hand no longer knocks down
- Defensive EX SPD beat out Attackers SPD after an EX Green Hand on hit
- Zangeif jab SPD range seems bigger, but the source says it could be eyes playing tricks
- Range on U2 increased, recovery also increased
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
AusGerCo. has posted a bunch of really cool Street Fighter Artwork in the shape of Paper Craft Figures. Check it out!
Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
Cody (Final Fight)
Guy (Final Fight)
Which ones are your favorites? I myself like the Vega, Cammy, and Akuma ones.
Tell us in the Comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Crackdown 3
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Rage 2
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- The Last of Us Part II
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville