AusGerCo. has posted a bunch of really cool Street Fighter Artwork in the shape of Paper Craft Figures. Check it out!
Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
Cody (Final Fight)
Guy (Final Fight)
Which ones are your favorites? I myself like the Vega, Cammy, and Akuma ones.
Tell us in the Comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
LiangHuBBB uploaded a video of some of the best Comebacks from High level players. Guile Theme goes with everything here. Check it out!
You can find more Super Street Fighter Videos at his Youtube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
son of a...BITCH DAIGO!
So, Bl34tm4n on youtube has uploaded tons of decent quality yun and yang videos (link here http://www.youtube.com/user/Bl34tm4n) After watching all his yun and yang vids i put together my own analysis and comparisons on the chars. What do you guys think? Leave a Comment below :D
(btw I dont know much about fei,gen or rufus, which basically make up alot of yun and yangs movelist, so please make your own comparions and stuff too )
UPDATE: even though yun has a better super, yangs slashes hit multiple times(even if its just one) during his super, applying more chip. also yangs teleport recovery is similiar to juri's? YANG CAN PUNISH BLANKA BALLS WITH U2. he can also punish blanka balls with ex slashes and ex teleport is decent on wakeup. Yun can EX AA into rush. palm atacks can be cancelled. Yang has sweet shoes. Even though Yangs U1 has like no reach (pretty much kara grab range?) it goes through fireballs :D
Starting with Yun, holy shit I can see how Daigo got 16,000BP and an 89% win rate in one day. (who the fuck knows what he has now....btw he has YET to make a ryu play card, it's been 100% yun)
-Yun's Dive Kicks are extremely good, annoying,and applying tons of pressure( they are noticibly slower than rufus's). Also yun can follow the dive kicks up with pretty good pokes and some specials. Also to make it even more Rufus like, yun can dive kick into target combo into FULL ULTRA 1. It's a easy combo thats going to destroy people. yet, since it is such a ridiculous combo, their is scaling to it, so it isnt too ridiculous, but pretty ridiculous. Divekick,lp lp, lk rush non counterhit took off 25% of chuns health.
-Yun's shoulder attack(similiar to Guy's) is much better. Damage is similiar but Guy's is incredibly slow when it is not EX, while Yun's comes out at pretty good speeds. And it is SAFE on block. Low LK(or maybe just LK) to LK shoulder is a sneaky little combo.
-genei-jin and palm attack. People tried to make the excuse that an overpowered genei-jin would be ok because it is hard to build meter, epsecially with how important ex moves and fadc are in this game. Well not when Yun's palm attack builds hefty meter like no other. It not only builds meter fast but it is safe from a distance and has major priority concerning people trying to stop you AND cancels out projectiles. The super only lasts about 10 seconds though.
The Genei-Jin is pretty much like the 3s version. Honestly it is much better than Juri's FSE for easily noticable reasons. First genei-jin has super freeze and comes out rather fast. You will see many yuns dive kick into normal combos and do the super even while the opponent is blocking, simply because you can continue to rush them down right afterwards and ultimately score an overhead or low hit into massive combo. Yun's pokes are also way more effective than Juri's in this state. Also juri cannot do atack combos into her fse and conintue a combo or apply pressure. Also, the lk -> lk shoulder combo i mentioned above, can sucessfully link into super and a continued combo (fucking balls)
Dashing punch even when its not ex(possible FP version) travels incredibly fast and almost full screen, can be a great suprise atack. On block the atack seems like juri's dive kick. only thing you can safely do is block if your opponent blocks it, most likely your poke will loose, BUT, after a blocked one you can super freeze with your super and apply the pressure.
Yun's anti air goes retarted high.
overhead is fucking smooth, just like in 3s.
YANG! (BEST LOOKING FOCUS ATACK EVER! mantis style bitches)
divekicks on both characters do not break armor. and are not overheads.
Well, the backdash and palm atack are seemingly the same. But his jumping seems to travel further.
divekick not as safe as Yuns on block, OR it could be that yun has better folow-up normals.
comand grab. gotta be in that ASS for the command grab, like, super close for that shit to work. (same for yun)
Rolling attack into anti air. But it travels very fast across the screen rolling(likes Gens roll) but into a AA, seems extremely sucessful vs fireballs. but the most unsafe thing ever. Also the rolling atack can be linked into slashes or just nothing, not sure if you can grab after, could be a nice mixup.
Slashes. Yangs LP slashes work great in little combos and are safe. really similiar to fei's punch combos and hit confirming from 1,2,3.
Seiei Enbu. Hm...seems like yun's normals work alot better than yangs. Yang doesn't seem to have the same gaurenteed combo's as his broha.
Big disadvantage after U2 is blocked, yang kinda stands their for like 2 seconds.
sweep seems just like ken's
teleportdash- flashy and fast, travels alot further than ibuki's and is more confusing, looks fun.
I like Yang better but, Yun seems to have more pressure and alot of pro's are preferring him, blah (even in 3S)
By: Cinderkin Nov 27, 2010 | 24 Comments
Although not officially confirmed, it looks like Capcom is making the right decision to add the SSF4 Arcade Edition content on consoles. The new achievement tiles show Yun and Yang, and maybe even Evil Ryu. Check it out!
[Editor's note] This is big news if this is true. I've read the source of this story and it is a little unclear to me what exactly is going on. If this is true it does mean there is a huge update coming to the consoles with possibly 4 new characters. I'm thrilled that the idea of DLC characters might be in our future because that will unlock other options with DLC and bonus characters as well. Take a look at the pictures below and even follow the source. Hard for me to say right now what these images actually mean. We'll have to wait and see what Capcom says officially this week. Thanks for sharing Cinderkin.Read full story...
Eventhubs posted a translated version of the SSF4 AE developer blog concerning Evil Ryu and how his play style is. Check it out!
• Evil Ryu is a character with strong close and mid-range offense, but weak defense. He can take out opponents, or be taken out in one stroke.
• Same health and stun as Akuma (850 health/850 stun).
• His jump is the same as Ryu's, but his movement and dash are different.
• His composition of normals consists of a Ryu base, with some of Akuma's as well as some all new normals.
• He has Akuma's Jumping Hard Kick, Standing Hard Punch, Crouching Hard Punch and Crouching Hard Kick.
• New normals: Close Hard Punch, Standing Medium Kick and Crouching Medium Kick.
• The frame data on the moves are adjusted, so though they have similar motions, they might have different frames.
• Same cancels and Super cancels as Ryu.
• Crouching Medium Kick is based on Ryu's version in 3rd Strike.
• 7 frame start up, so it doesn't Link with any of his normals, but since it has better reach than Ryu's, it works well as a low poke.
Crouching Medium Kick's hit box
Unique Attacks and Target Combos
• His unique attacks are Zugai Hasatsu (Akuma's overhead), Senbukyaku, and Tenmakujinkyaku (Akuma's dive kick).
• Senbukyaku is the same move from the Alpha series.
• It allows Evil Ryu to attack while avoiding low kicks, but can be blocked low and puts him at a frame disadvantage.
• Without hitting your opponent, it's effective at moving Evil Ryu into throw range.
• Target combo is Close Medium Punch, Close Hard Punch.
• Its damage isn't particularly high, so you might not find many places to use it, but since it's a simple motion and you can delay the attack, it's difficult to punish.
Senbukyaku's hit box
• His specials are Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Air Hurricane Kick, Teleport, and Ryusokyaku (Dragon Claw/Wheel Kick).
• Of those, Ryusokyaku is a completely new attack.
• In the early creation stage, some were of the opinion of giving Evil Ryu the Jodan Sokuto Geri (aka the Mule Kick from 3rd Strike), but it was decided to give him a new move more befitting of his image.
• Used alone, the attack is slow to come out, but you can can cancel into from Light, Medium, and Hard attacks, it's a strong but flashy move.
• If you have bar, you can perform top-class hard-hitting combos with the move.
• His Super move is Shun Goku Satsu (a.k.a. Raging Demon).
• Since you will use Evil Ryu's EX moves often, you might not use his Super much, but when paired together with the Senbukyaku, it's an incredibly powerful technique.
• Ultra 1 is Metsu Hadouken, Ultra 2 is Messatsu Goshoryu.
• Ultra 1 is fundamentally the same as Ryu's, but doesn't do much damage.
• However, you can hold the buttons and charge the attack. Fully charged, it does more damage.
• Fully charged and at close range, it does even more damage.
• It might be difficult to create a situation where you can land it, but try it out.
• Ultra 2 is a horizontal Shoryuken, so it might be a bit difficult to use as an anti-air, but you can combo the move from a FADC (Focus Attack Dash Cancel).
• It does high damage, and by itself, with the full cinematic, it does the same damage as Ryu's Metsu Shoryuken (500 damage).
Boss Version of Evil Ryu
• The boss version is very different from the playable version.
• High difficulty, and can unleash some incredible attacks that will make you doubt your eyes.
• If you ever have the chance to fight him, you have the developer's blessing.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
All characters information is in.
The developers blog recently put out the last information for AE changes and people have been kind enough to trasnlate. I wanted to know how you guys felt about the changes made to your characters, your best matchups, worst?
All links to characters nerfs and buffs are in posts by other users.
Anyways I'll start with my mains juri and ken.
Ken- Wasn't expecting less recovery time on those normals, thats fucking amazing, they already seemed to link well, now combos are ridiculous. im half-half on LP srk, it will do 20 more dmg now, but 2 more frames of recovery? is that on ryu's lvl? the lp srk works against so many moves, those 2 frames will have a big difference. also i consider the ex tatsu blocked low as a buff. it causes more room for mixup(throw, normals, srk?) and chip damage.
Juri- thank god for the faster walk speed, pressure with stored fireballs will be better now, and the fixed hitbox on her FA, that thing would miss on some stupid occasions. fireball kick knowcks them into the air, so you can fireball, pinwheel or maybe ridiculous FSE combo, but the stun and dmg nerf on the kick is depressing, it has alot of stun and decent dmg/chip, but the buffs outweight that.
Guile- only problem i had was making his u2 slower? you can srk that bitch without taking dmg if your close enough.
fuerte- didnt need to be nerfed that bad, yea he can win by retarted random mixups that have some invincibility, but really lame tactics can take him out.
bison- "OFFICIAL BIP-SON PRESSURE" scissorkick nerf/buff? cant be spamming the lk press as much but you can push them in faster?
deejay- he needed all of those buffs. good deejays in high lvl play do so much, for little damage or get screwed in reversals. also dash commands suck.
ibuki- i dont care if her kunais can be deflected by normals, they dont need a dmg buff, they are annoying as fuck...
Mr. Fei long - already had a hard time with pro fei's, majority of his normals being buffed with startup and frame changes, hot damn. like, some feis can beast people only with normals, now its even rape-e-er?
hakan, gouken and makoto- honestly didnt think they sucked, people good with them are fucking beastly. makoto has mixups and great panic pressure. hakan has more air and ground priority than people think, and limited but succesful mindgames. gouken...goddamit he is fine! all the buffs on his normals and tatsu is the scariest shit ever, along with lp running palm combo buff? their buffs are leaving this characters rape-tier.
gief- i see the ex green hand NO knockdown as a great mixup oppurnnity. yet some people rather have the knockdown because of zangiefs weird hitbox when he does his airel crossups.
sagat- didnt need more buffs, he was FINE! yet changing the input for the scar is alright, messy inputs suck.
blanka- beast slide less active frames? thank you, so damn annoying.
honda- NEEDED dmg nerf and less invinciblity on his ex headbutt. hondas counter hits on ex moves and fierces canseirously take off like 40% in 3 hits. screw that.
abel-removing armor on U2 and slower staryup AND dmg reduction? its an annoying ultra but it didnt deserve that nerf, plus if your smart you wont get hit by it.
Since I've reached my 3rd Strike, I think it's time to express my feeling towards one of Gouki Jones' favorite Street Fighters.... Birdie (What a joke).
I love Street Fighter with its great cast of wacky characters, special moves, and one on one fighting. There have been some characters that have left quite a mark on the memories of gamers around the world. That is what you expect from a game with Fighters from around the world.
There is one character in particular that I want to talk about. That character would be Birdie. Why would anyone want to talk about this trash heap of a character? Well I've noticed that Gouki Jones here on Gouki.com has been constantly waiting for his return (why anyone would want him back is beyond me)
Lets start by taking a look at Birdie Himself
Birdie in Street Fighter
Birdie in Street Fighter Alpha, Alpha 2, Alpha 3
Do you see a problem here? What the heck happened to his Skin tone from Street Fighter to Alpha?
Here is a little back story for Birdie
Prior to his criminal career, Birdie was a professional wrestler, teaming with occasional rival Titanic Tim (from the Saturday Night Slam Masters series) as the "500 Million Trillion Powers." He turned to a life of crime when his wrestling career ended, doing some street fighting on the side to add to his income.
His notoriety got him invited to the first World Warrior tournament. He was suffering from a particularly nasty strain of flu, however, and lost his fight with Ryu.
Despite this setback, Birdie rose up the criminal ranks. He eventually became aware of an organization called Shadaloo and managed to use his criminal reputation to join them.
Sneaking into a Shadaloo data room, he learned about the Psycho Drive machine, not aware that M. Bison was watching him. Thinking he could use it to overthrow Bison and become lord of Shadoloo himself, he set out to find it. Bison sent Balrog to kill Birdie, but Birdie convinced Balrog to help him instead by telling him how the Psycho Drive could make them powerful. Hindered by Balrog's incompetence, however, Birdie couldn't find the Drive before it exploded.
It is likely that Birdie remained with Shadaloo until it finally collapsed, and is back on the streets.
Birdie's Win quote from Street Fighter Alpha 3
"Oh, what!? ... Before? I looked pale because I was sick!!"
I just wanted to briefly talk about Birdie and how I think he is trash and I'm glad he got his ass whooped by Abel in the new Street Fighter 4 comic series. The guy is a joke and is too stupid to realize that Dan is better than he is.
Don't be a Jimmy like Birdie!
By: iorilamia Dec 6, 2010 | 14 Comments
I must say I hate ultras more than I enjoy them. Simply for the fact that I lose to someone hitting a random ultra when I have a huge lead. I'm not gonna be a hipocrite and say I don't win by ultras but, the ridicullous turn arounds are pretty ridiculous, esepcially when certain characters are better than others with normals and specials, but with easier connecting ultras ontop of that ( ex rufus, ryu, not gonna go into detail) just makes it blaaah. Still, love ssf4, and I could do without the ultras. Would be interesting to have an ultra-free online mode, never gonna happen. (kinda like when you could have meter-less ex grooves in CvS2 ;D)
Another translated Japanese blog detailing some of the changes made to the Super Street Fighter 4 roster in the Arcade Edition.
• Light Punch Headbutt now has lower body invincibility instead of upper body invincibility, so it will be harder to utilize it as anti air.
• Ultra 1 has projectile invincibility until the last active frame.
• Ultra 2's command has been changed to two half-circle backs from a 720 motion. It's easier to get it out now. Also, while its range increased, it starts up in 2f so it's possible to dodge it after screen freeze.
• During backdash, Honda is now considered airborne right after invincibility ends.
• He had solid skills that builds high damage, so he had overall damage decrease. His basis of strength has not changed, so he can fight as he does now.
• All of Gouken's normal moves have been improved.
• Close Standing Hard Punch and Close Standing Hard Kick have more frame advantage.
• Close Standing Medium Kick has 3 frame start up start-up, so it'll be easier to compete against some of the other fighters.
• Neutral Jump Hard Punch and diagonal Jump Hard Kick have pursuit properties, and will slam opponents into the ground.
• Ranges on his normal moves haven't changed.
• Back grab has been changed to deal gray damage, so the combo damage from the grab has been decreased. (Translator's note: They're probably saying that the back grab deals 0 gray damage, so it'll get scaled as a combo as well.)
• In specials, Light Punch Running Palm (Senkugoshoha) has been drastically changed, so it will connect from weak attacks (Light Punch/Light Kick), and EX Hurricane Kick locks opponent, making it easier to combo.
• Recovery of the Demon Flip Focus has been significantly decreased, making it easier to utilize.
• Kongo (Counter) is changed as well. To be precise, it can only be activated now by using Punch buttons and the strength of the Punch changes where it sets up a counter hit at. Light for low attacks, Medium for middle attacks, and Hard for upper body attacks.
• During backdash, Gouken is now considered airborne right after invincibility ends.
• His normal and special moves have been changed, and he will be able to do new things while retaining old tactics.
• As a result, his 'easiness' might have been changed, but you will be able to enjoy strategies different from Ryu and Akuma.
• Her Super will no longer work when there is a Soul Spark in the screen. It is still possible to Cancel into Super from a Soul Spark, though.
• Soul Satellite (Ultra 2) has been changed. For the sake of balance, its invincibility has been decreased (or erased).
Normals, her projectile, anti air and her basic tactics will stay, so basically, Soul Satellite is the only one that has really been changed.
• There have been changes to her normal moves.
• Standing Light Kick has a 4 frame start-up, so it'll be easier to utilize as a weak attack.
• Standing Medium Kick got changed to have a 5 frame start-up so it's possible to use it as the starting point of combos.
• Kunai's (Dagger Toss) damage was decreased.
• Neck Breaker had damage and stun nerf.
• Jump back Kunai's trajectory has been changed to nearly straight vertical-wise.
• A Crouching Hard Kick into Standing Hard Kick Target Combo was added.
• It works in the same way as the later part of her Target Combo 6, but it added in more strategies.
• Her Jump Flip (Tsuijigoe) would register as a counter hit when she was hit out of it, so this was fixed.
Some of the normal moves have been buffed, and some special moves nerfed, but her potential will be the same as she is now.
She will still be the same character when she is in control of the game, so it'll be fun to utilize her!
By: iorilamia Feb 24, 2011 | 11 Comments
Recent interview with Yoshinori ono is looking grim...but Japan sells for Catherine are at the top of the charts!
In this weeks Famitsu Magazine with an interview with Ono , he said there are no plans for home version of AE. Ontop of that he said certain characers in AE were made strong, " having such a character helps to build community and competitive spirit" Ono says. That was followed by him saying that home ssf4 was super balanced and no character was over powered. Even though he said there is no plan for AE home, he did not disconfirm Yun,Yang, E Ryu and Oni as DLC, he just didn't comment on it. This definately seems like we will have some sort of AE character DLC, but not the character changes. Also ssf4 was a great balanced fighter...compared to other fighters, but as its own game I felt lots of unbalance issues with lower tier characters vs people that had so many ultra options, juggles and damage output. Most people agree that AE is far more balanced...or is Ono just trolling as usual?
Is this news bumming you out, leaving you with a spark of hope or is it just nonsense, leave a comment below.
Edit: Someone asked ono on twitter about consoles not getting AE DLC and he said "Over My Dead Body" or something like that. -CinderkinRead full story...
The Super Street Fighter 4 Ultra Femme Fatales Pack is now Available on PSN and Xbox Live. Go download em and get to winning in style! (unless Cammy is your character). Pics and pricing below.
The Ultra Femme Fatales Pack is avaiable now, and will cost $3.99 or 320 MSP. Below are a few screenshots showing off the costumes in game.
Are you going to buy these? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Capcom has officially released new images and videos for Oni in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Check them out!
Check out his Ultras
Here is his official artwork
Apparently Akuma collected all 7 dragon balls and became Oni.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Crackdown 3
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- The Last of Us Part II
- Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville
- Rage 2