By: Cinderkin Mar 24, 2011 | 12 Comments
Capcom released official images and videos of Evil Ryu in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Check them out!
Check out the HD versions of his Ultras
Here is his official artwork
We've already seen him when he was leaked, but it's nice to see official HD quality Evil Ryu straight from Capcom.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: fnjimmy Jun 11, 2011 | 5 Comments
Gouki.com was hand-on with Street Fighter 3 online Edition. Live gameplay from the E3 2011 show floor. My official take on the game after just playing it. Also the trailer if you have seen it. Third Strike is back bahby!
That's right I officially played the game. First watch the video of the gameplay from the show floor. You will get to see a Jimmy working his way through the different screen settings. Widescreen, classic arcade cab, HD, SD. Pay attention and you will notice the different. This is exclusive access for you to E3. See it from the eyes of a PWNr. Me.
Here's my official take.
Official trailer for SF3O - Get hype!
It's time to get your mind jacked! Is this game worth your hard earned dollar? Find out in the Gouki.com Exclusive Review.
Let us describe Mind Jack for you in one word. That word would have to be “Awful”.
Mindjack is a game developed by Feel Plus and published by Square Enix. Which means already that the game is probably not going to be very good, but why is it awful? With Gears of War controls, Resident Evil camera controls, and classic Japanese story telling you’d think Mindjack would be a complete success. Well unfortunately it’s not. This review is going to be slightly different than the rest mainly because If I didn’t explain this game in a step by step manner, then you wouldn’t believe what I’m about to tell you.
Let us start off with the very beginning of the game. The cinematic is very much the same as in this trailer save the promotional messages.
After that is over the game then goes into the Mindjack press start screen. where your only option is to choose Rebirth. Hit rebirth and the game literally starts you to an empty room with 3 computer screens and a man. It is a basic tutorial mode, showing you how to move the camera and yourself. Then it teaches you how to mind hack, and bam achievement unlocked. Mind you I haven’t even reached the main menu of the game yet. Once I hack into the man standing there, they then want me to hack into a computer. Once that is completed bam another achievement and the game takes me to the Mindjack main menu. Now I can choose my options, setup, xbox live matches, or campaign. I chose the campaign and this is where the game just loses me. You start as this guy (Jim) in an airport terminal. You’re looking for a girl named Marie. Once the cut scene ends you take control of Jim and are tasked with following Marie. Note that at this point the only thing you can do is walk and roll. You reach Marie and a cut scene ensues where you start fighting some random guy, and to make things worse it’s the most action I’ve seen in the game so far and It was a damn cut scene. After a few more cut scenes the game lets you actually play. With a pistol in hand you’re tasked with taking out all of the enemies on screen. This is where the game is supposed to be fun, but instead gets worse. Mindjack is all about multiplayer for some odd reason. Even in your single player campaign anyone can hack into your game and join the enemy team. Therefore impeding your story progress, and stopping you from having a good time. I’m playing the game and some random guy jumps in my game (lv 14) and destroys me with rockets. Mind you I’m only a lv 1 character. What kind of bs is that? Once I died the game took me to a game over screen and I quit right then and there.
Read on further for the games full breakdown
Mindjack takes place sometime in the future where a new technology that allows people to hack into your mind is common thing in the military. You play as Jim some dude who can’t seem to stop yelling. You also have a partner named Marie, but is called something else. I don’t know it’s confusing. Anyway from what I gather Jim is getting his life back together and is now taking on missions for someone named Lilo. That is as much of the story as I know, because quite frankly I refused to play anymore of this game to find out.
The gameplay in Mindjack is very much like the Gears of war franchise. Aiming is done with the left trigger, shooting with the right. Running and Cover are mapped to the A button, and reloading is done with the right bumper. That being said, Mindjack has a great control scheme and it works very well. It can feel a bit clunky at first but within a few minutes you will feel right at home. It’s just too bad everything else about this game sucks. The mind hacking is just weird. You are fighting for your life and the next thing you know your down, and have to hack into a different body to continue. Hacking into anyone will automatically give them a pistol. So the lawyer who is cowering in fear during a shootout will get mind hacked and join the fight with guns and all. It just doesn’t make sense. The multiplayer component can be turned off, but the game stills plays as if it’s on. You could be in the middle of a firefight and then pause the game. The game shows that it’s paused, but everything is still going on. So if you take a bathroom break, be prepared to return looking at a game over screen.
The game looks decent. Nothing too bad about it, reminds me of FF13 but with less detail. The character models are what you would expect from a Square Enix title. The environment is detailed nicely, for a game that is all about shooting and hacking.
The game has some of the worst audio in a game to date. The voice work is cheesy, and not to mention just boring. Jim is always yelling, but it sounds like he’s just talking. It’s awkward, and unpolished. When the two main characters are having a conversation Jim acts as if he is a football field away, and Marie talks as if she is right next to Jim. Makes no sense.
The online multiplayer is just dumb. There is no death match or capture the flag modes you would expect. It’s just hacking into someone’s single player campaign and either helping them or hurting them. Which means that the multiplayer will only last a week before it is a complete waste of time.
Mindjack is a complete pile of garbage and should be classified under the category for Jimmy Ass Game! Do yourself a favor and stay away from this game. Don’t try and play it, don’t try to rent it. If someone asks you to play it they are not your friend. It is one of the worst 360 games I’ve ever played. This is 2011 Jimmy! Square enix is losing it.
Bottom Line: FLUSH IT!
Mortal Kombat is back and looking better than ever. It looks like Striker will be one of the returning cast members thanks to a screen shot from Gamespot.
Not a very flattering shot of Striker, but here it is.
They also had a few more screen shots of the game as well. Check them out below
This game is looking better and better every time I see it. What do you guys think? Will this be a successful Mortal Kombat? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Capcom has just released some screens of Jill and Shuma Gorath in Marvel vs Capcom 3. These are high quality screen shots. Don't be a Jimmy! Check them out!
What do you think of these screen shots? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
With Silicon Knights keeping the game very close those of us looking foe details have little to go on.
Acording to Denis Dyack from Silicon Knights that's just how he wants it. http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/09/silicon-knights-denis-dyack-still-wary-of-game-previews-hints/
But there are still some bits that make their way out.
This little teaser shot hints at three playable characters. Aimi Yoshida http://gouki.com/Catalog/Details/x-men-destiny has got the most attention.
But while looking around online I found this.
Showing a male character in action.
We also see Quicksilver
And there has been talk about Woverine, Cyclops, and Emma Frost, Pyro, Nightcrawler, and Magneto in part because of the GameTrailers.com and other sites had a decent trailer.
And an official site http://www.herohq.com/xmendestiny that when you follow it to face books mentions that there is more comming at E3.
So far this is all I've found, but it's enough to start people off on all different topics. Making decisions that team you up or put you against the X-Men was confirmed. And Late 2011 for a date. Hopefully there will be some worthwile info from E3 to hold us over.
What do you want to see? Do you want more characters? Some footage of the combat system? More info about the other 2 characters you can play as? Let's here it.
By: goukijones Jun 21, 2011 | 5 Comments
Exclusive: I spent about an hour hanging out with the HalfBrick crew at E3. I ate a lot of their sandwiches and played 3 of their newest games. Fruit Ninja PC, Kinect Fruit Ninja and Machine Gun Jetpack. E3 2011.
This is what Fruit Ninja for PC looks like. (Gouki logo not included.)
This is going to be huge on Facebook. The leader board resets weekly so Jimmys is gonna be passing out some 2:00 in the mornings on a Sunday trying to catch Duncan Curtis. That guy in first place, I played him. Cheatin'! God mode.
The game is Fruit Ninja, fruit flies up into the air and you cut it with your mouse. It's simple, it's fun, it should addict with no problem.Read full story...
By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios today announce Mortal Kombat has officially gone gold on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Scheduled to launch on April 19, Mortal Kombat is the most brutal installment of the legendary fighting game.
Mortal Kombat is just around the corner Jimmys. Less than a month away and you'll be able to relive those fond memories of playing MK1,2,3 with your friends. Mortal Kombat has officially gone gold. This is great news for fans, as this means the game is being massivly produced and that April 19th release date is set in stone!
Being developed by NetherRealm Studios, led by Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon, the newest chapter of the iconic fight franchise marks a triumphant return to the series’ mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2D fighting mechanic.
Driven by an all new graphics engine, the fan favorite Fatality is back and presented in more gory detail than ever before. In addition, Mortal Kombat introduces a number of new game-play features including tag team, a deep story mode, and, exclusively for the PS3, Stereoscopic 3D.
Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several new game modes including Challenge Tower and the soon-to-be-announced online modes.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Capcom has officially released new images and videos for Oni in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Check them out!
Check out his Ultras
Here is his official artwork
Apparently Akuma collected all 7 dragon balls and became Oni.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Big Sandwich Games announced today that their award-winning strategy title HOARD is available for purchase in North America on the PSP system. To celebrate, the publisher has also put the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system version on sale.
I played the demo for this on the PS3 and thought it was pretty good. It's nice to see it coming to portable form. Here is a trailer of the game to give you an idea of what it's about.
Check out the press release info below.
Both versions are currently selling for the low price of $9.99, although the PlayStation®3 system discount is for a limited time only. The titles can be purchased via the PlayStation® Network.
HOARDTM puts players in the role of a dragon, fighting against towns, knights, giants, wizards, and thieves in a quest to gather as much gold as possible. The game includes over 35 levels, single player challenges, co-op and competitive multiplayer (PlayStation®3 system), and 90+ badges to earn. The gameplay is a cross between a dual-stick arcade shooter and an RTS, with significant elements of strategy and deeper systems.
“It’s hard to find this much destruction and fun for such a low price,” observes Tyler Sigman, the game’s designer. “Torment villages, kidnap princesses, and burn down castles – all for the cost of a muffin and a latte!”
What do you Jimmys think? Has anyone played the PS3 version yet? Did you like it, It's now on sale so get it while you can. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Check out these screenshots from UMvC3.
You Jimmys hype for this or what? I know the $$$ is a factor, but if America wasn't in the tank right now and we were all PWNn cash, we wouldn't be talking about the price and the release date. I'm thankful for for the 12 new characters and 8 new stages. Yeah I paid $100 for this game now this year, but I've got my monies worth. Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Rage 2
- Street Fighter IV
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Fallout 76
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Crackdown 3
- Death Stranding