The guys over at TestYourMight.com have uploaded every character portrait save the boss characters (Goro, Shao Khan). Check them out!
Which ones are your favorites? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
To see the rest including Kratos check them out at TestYourMight.com
By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios today announce Mortal Kombat has officially gone gold on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Scheduled to launch on April 19, Mortal Kombat is the most brutal installment of the legendary fighting game.
Mortal Kombat is just around the corner Jimmys. Less than a month away and you'll be able to relive those fond memories of playing MK1,2,3 with your friends. Mortal Kombat has officially gone gold. This is great news for fans, as this means the game is being massivly produced and that April 19th release date is set in stone!
Being developed by NetherRealm Studios, led by Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon, the newest chapter of the iconic fight franchise marks a triumphant return to the series’ mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2D fighting mechanic.
Driven by an all new graphics engine, the fan favorite Fatality is back and presented in more gory detail than ever before. In addition, Mortal Kombat introduces a number of new game-play features including tag team, a deep story mode, and, exclusively for the PS3, Stereoscopic 3D.
Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several new game modes including Challenge Tower and the soon-to-be-announced online modes.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Capcom has officially released new images and videos for Oni in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Check them out!
Check out his Ultras
Here is his official artwork
Apparently Akuma collected all 7 dragon balls and became Oni.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Big Sandwich Games announced today that their award-winning strategy title HOARD is available for purchase in North America on the PSP system. To celebrate, the publisher has also put the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system version on sale.
I played the demo for this on the PS3 and thought it was pretty good. It's nice to see it coming to portable form. Here is a trailer of the game to give you an idea of what it's about.
Check out the press release info below.
Both versions are currently selling for the low price of $9.99, although the PlayStation®3 system discount is for a limited time only. The titles can be purchased via the PlayStation® Network.
HOARDTM puts players in the role of a dragon, fighting against towns, knights, giants, wizards, and thieves in a quest to gather as much gold as possible. The game includes over 35 levels, single player challenges, co-op and competitive multiplayer (PlayStation®3 system), and 90+ badges to earn. The gameplay is a cross between a dual-stick arcade shooter and an RTS, with significant elements of strategy and deeper systems.
“It’s hard to find this much destruction and fun for such a low price,” observes Tyler Sigman, the game’s designer. “Torment villages, kidnap princesses, and burn down castles – all for the cost of a muffin and a latte!”
What do you Jimmys think? Has anyone played the PS3 version yet? Did you like it, It's now on sale so get it while you can. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Check out these screenshots from UMvC3.
You Jimmys hype for this or what? I know the $$$ is a factor, but if America wasn't in the tank right now and we were all PWNn cash, we wouldn't be talking about the price and the release date. I'm thankful for for the 12 new characters and 8 new stages. Yeah I paid $100 for this game now this year, but I've got my monies worth. Don't be a Jimmy!
An article from Australia's Sunday Herald revealed that The Penguin will be the latest addition to Batman: Arkham City. Oswald Cobblepot is a villain to be feared. You don't mess with a Penguin. Check it out!
Rocksteady's Dax Ginn explained that the studio will put a different spin on The Penguin "The way that Penguin has always been portrayed is as quite an aristocratic, well-spoken gentleman who's got these twisted delusions of grandeur" said Ginn. "So we've made him a really horrible, nasty piece of work - but still with the delusion of grandeur. He dresses well, but in a poor taste, and we've made him this brutish, brutal guy but also keyed into the collection fascination that he's had through out the years."
"Penguin's faction is much more about the collection that he has within his museum of all sorts of things but one of those things he collects is heavily artillery," said Ginn. "So when you come up against his thugs in the street they are all going to have seriously heavy weapons and that develops throughout the game as well."
Ginn also went on to describe Catwoman "The attitude of this Selena Kyle is closer to that of the late, great Eartha Kitt from the cult 60s TV show: strong, confident, sexy and independent."
I can't wait for this game, which drops Oct 18 this year. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Double Fine Studios is created a Kinect project called "Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster" Cooooooooooooooookie!
Announced today by Warner Brothers Interactive "Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster" has you joining Elmo and Cookie Monster in an adventure exploring a living storybook title "Once Upon A Monster". A game where you can jump, dance, solve puzzles, and learn key life skills. Before you ask yes this is aimed for the kids.
Tim Schafer, President and CEO of Double Fine Productions had this to say:
“It’s great to be working with Warner Bros., especially on a game like Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, which brings together so many things we all care about, Sesame Street had a profound effect on me, and many members of the Double Fine team, when we were children. So did video games. Now many of us are parents and we want to share with our kids the great experiences we had, but also the completely new ones made possible by cutting-edge technology like Kinect for Xbox 360. So it’s a labor of love on many levels”.
So what do you guys think? Have any kids, nieces, nephews, cousins that would play this? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Here's a good one from my email today. "A" Game of Thrones, based the books more than the show
Just wanted to share this with the Game of Throne fans. I never even heard of Game of Thrones until the HBO show, but I'm not shocked it was a famous book before the show.
It's a strategy game that looks a little like Total War.
The game looks nothing like the TV show, I know.
lol @ their imagining of the wall. I don't know about this, it's made by a company named Cyanide, Cyanide? Really? I'm playing a shit load of Civ5 right now, but that's gona die off this week. I don't think this game will be like Civ5, I'm just saying I'm addicted to that shit right now.
Based on these images, I don't think so Jimmy. What do you think?
By: goukijones Jul 21, 2011 | 5 Comments
Here's some of the press release stuff I got from Capcom today about Street Fighter X Tekken. Feel free to use this stuff in future stories. Don't be a Jimmy.
Official San Diego Comic-con 2011 Street Fighter X Tekken Poster
Some bad ass Character Art
The Gouki.com Marvel vs Capcom 3 Preview!!!! Check it out!
It’s time to take you for a ride. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is only a month away and everyone is itching to play it. Marvel vs Capcom has been a household name ever since the original swept into arcades back in 1998. With Capcom favorites such as Ryu and Chun-Li battling Marvel’s best like Spider-Man and Captain America what more could we ask for? Well it’s been almost 13 years and Capcom has brought us Marvel vs Capcom 3. With new characters, special moves, tag-team combos, and stages this is going to be the best Marvel vs Capcom game yet.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 will feauture 36 characters (2 of which are still unknown) with plenty of special moves and combos to fight with. New characters joining the playable cast for the first time in fighting game history include Chris Redfield, Thor, Trish, Super-Skrull, Amaterasu, Dormammu, Wesker, X-23, Arthur, Deadpool, Nathan Spencer, M.O.D.O.K. Dante and more!
Don’t just take out word for it though; check out some of these videos.
That is some intense stuff right there. With a ton of moves in the game you may have trouble landing combos and such. Luckily Capcom has implemented a Simple Mode where you can mash on one button and still pull off insane combos.
Here is Simple Mode in a detail
Simple Mode is a great way to learn the game, but shouldn’t be used all the time. Simple Mode doesn’t allow you to unlock the full potential of a character, so it should only be used to learn the basics.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 will also include some unlockable characters like the newly announced Akuma and Taskmaster. Obtaining player points will unlock certain characters, for example 2,000 pp unlocks Akuma.
To see Akuma in Action as Well as Taskmaster check out the videos below:
Hardcore fans that have been following Marvel vs Capcom 3 since it was announced already know most of this stuff, but for those that haven’t decided on whether or not to pick this game up may be enticed by the awesome Special Edition.
Special Edition comes with:
SteelBook with Exclusive Art
Downloadable Two-Character Pack: Jill Vallentine and Shuma Gorath
Exclusive Comic and Art Book
Marvel® Digital Comic 1-Month Subscription
With the inclusion of Jill and Shuma that is a total of 38 characters. Note that Jill and Shuma won't be available until after 30 days from MvC 3's launch. With Marvel vs Capcom 3 adding DLC characters to the mix we could be seeing a cast of 50 in the future.
Don't miss out on the Gouki.com Marvel vs Capcom 3 Ultra Combo Giveaway. You could win a copy of the Special Edition, a Fight Stick and an official Gouki.com T-Shirt.
Less than a month away and Marvel vs Capcom 3 is looking to be one of the best fighting games off all time. Tune in next month for our in depth review. Don't be a Jimmy! Thanks for reading!
Trending Video Games
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Rage 2
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Days Gone
- Borderlands 3
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- World War Z
- Fallout 76
- Beyond Good and Evil 2