Community Review: Downloadable Content Letdowns
DLC's that where ...bleh
I've been hooked on buying DLC for a couple of years now. But not everything is perfect. The only DLC from several games that have let me down was the second one from Red Dead Redemption. The second DLC; Legends and Killers. I bought it as soon as it was released! This DLC brought us Tomahawks, new characters and new pvp maps. But this DLC has simple reasons as to why it was a dissapointment, but it being $10 was alright.
- They are basically a heavier and further traveling throwing knife. The appealing part is that they where big and rugged looking. Seeing a huge tomahawk sticking out of someones face and back is pretty win. A long with jimmy-ass achievments for this weapon and realizing its a updated/harder to use version of a throwing knife with less amo really looses how special it is after a bit.
- We got 10 new characters. They where 10 of the main characters/ favorites from Red Dead Revolver. This was awesome for nostalgia, but people who never played the original game loved not only the looks of them, but the awesome one liners they spout out. Buffalo Soldier yellin at fools to man up and stop being pussies while Red Harlow backs him is for the win. Characters where the only part of the DLC i don't regret.
- Not all of these are "new". Some of the maps where ones we already had in multiplayer but it would be a level that did not have TDM before, or it only had TDM, now in the DLC it has grab the bag. Besides that the DLC brings many of awesome stages that where fun to pvp in. The downside, the major downside is the lack of specifics you get when you want to play a game. You can only select legends and killers FFA or Team games. You have no idea what your going to get. Hey I really want to play these new maps in a team death match, OH, the last 6 games I got where all free for all capture the bag followed by free for all deathmatch. This became very agrivating and got many of people to just go back to their original maps while waiting for the next epic dlc's. Heres a vid from IGN promoting it.
Too bad you can't rent DLC, this rant turned into a type of review. FLUSH IT! aka...dont buy it. (the other DLC are very worth it though)
DLC that seemed like a complete waste that wasn't even considered was KOF12's background music. It was the sexy jazzy music from kof 98 but for $5 for a song or two? How about I just play it on youtube while i play?
I want to know what DLC really let you guys down or just pissed you off. Or any that where just not appealing at all/pointless? Leave a comment below about your experiences. (Maybe it will give us some insight before we purchase some)
Trending Video Games
- Crackdown 3
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Rage 2
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- The Last of Us Part II
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville