News: EVO 2012 Grand Finals will NOT BE FREE to watch live. *UPDATED*
For the first time ever, EVO will charge a fee to get into the main ballroom on the last day for grand finals.
If you're coming to Las Vegas for EVO just to watch, you're gonna need an extra $50 to watch the grand finals on Sunday. Don't worry there's a free room with the live stream on a big screen. It's not that big of a deal right? You get a free t-shirt too. Plus if you're entered into any of the tournaments, you will get a badge, so that's cool.
Here are the main changes to the registration.
- On Sunday, the day of all the tournament finals, we will require an attendee badge to enter the main ballroom. To purchase an attendee badge, head to evo.shoryuken.com. If you’re already registered to compete at Evo, you will get a badge, so don’t worry.
- If you’re not playing in any of the tournaments and want to get into the main ballroom on Sunday, you still need to buy an attendee pass. With your pass you’ll also get an Evo T-Shirt.
- We are selling only enough badges to meet the capacity of the ballroom. Once we are sold out, that’s it.
- Since this is new information, we are extending the early-bird registration price for one week, until May 15th.
- We’re requiring sponsors with booths to pack it up Saturday night so we can make as much space as possible for spectators, and to give the finalists the respect and focus their skills deserve.
- On Sunday we will book an extra room for those in attendance without badges, where they can watch the stream together on a big screen, for free. But if you want to watch in the main room, we need you to purchase a badge
You can read the entire update by clicking the SOURCE link below. What do you Jimmys think? $50 is a lot for a seat, but bonus t-shirt is cool. My question to you is, how serious is EVO? Of course now, more than ever. What do they charge to get into MLG events just to WATCH? I think there's a lot of people that have already planned that trip and may be upset that it's going to cost them an extra $50 just to watch. Oh well, next year you're going to have to pay to get in ALL 3 DAYS. Vote, Comment & Share. Don't be a Jimmy!
[UPDATED] May 10, 2012 11:09:06 PM
May 10, 2012 by goukijones
Well I guess EVO fucked up. They are now sending back refunds and you can get a spectator pass for the Grand Finals on Sunday for a reasonable $10.
Evo will refund $40 of your Spectator pass cost. Refunds will be going out over the next couple of days. If you haven’t received your refund by May 14th, please email [email protected] and attach your original PayPal receipt
I thought it was absurd, $50?! Fuck your t-shirt. There had to be a ton of fallout from people that had already made plans to be there. Anyway, it was $50, but now it's $10. Their bad.
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville
- Crackdown 3
- The Outer Worlds
- World War Z
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Fallout 76
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn