News: October 2009 NPD sales numbers are here
The Wii dominates hardware, and the XBox 360 dominates software. Where is Brutal Legend?
Here are the numbers for October 2009
- Wii – 506,900
- DS – 457,600
- PS3 – 320,600
- Xbox 360 – 249,700
- PSP – 174,600
- PS2 – 117,800
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Sony (PlayStation 3) - 537,000
- Wii Fit Plus - Nintendo (Wii) - 441,000
- Borderlands - Take-Two (Xbox 360) - 418,000
Wii Sports Resort - Nintendo (Wii) - 314,000
- NBA 2K10 - Take-Two (Xbox 360) - 311,000
- Halo 3: ODST - Microsoft (Xbox 360) - 271,000
- NBA 2K10 - Take-Two (PlayStation 3) - 213,000
- Forza Motorsport 3 - Microsoft (Xbox 360) - 175,000
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Square Enix (Nintendo DS) - 169,000
- FIFA Soccer 10 - Electronic Arts (Xbox 360) - 156,000
Some things to notice:
- Brutal Legend did not make the top 10
- NBA 2K10 was the only multiplatform game to make the list twice (once for the 360 and once for the PS3).
- Halo 3: ODST showed continuing strong sales to stay on the list despite being released in September.
- Borderlands for the Xbox 360 showed surprisingly strong sales to take the number 3 slot.
- Uncharted 2 gets commercial success to go with its critical success and probably moved more than a few PS3 hardware sales.
- The XBox 360 continues to sell more software than the competition, but hardware sales have slowed compared to the PS3 and Wii. Has the 360 reached saturation at its current price point already? I'm sure we won't see another price cut this year with the holidays so close, but it seems to be only a matter of time.
- I can't believe how many people are still buying a PS2.
Next month we will get to see MW2 in the list. I'm Oscar Mike!
Trending Video Games
- Dragon Age: Absolution
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
- Marvel's Midnight Suns
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R
- Resident Evil TV Series
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
- The Callisto Protocol
- Street Fighter 6