Dead Space 2 has been released. Is it worth your money? Find out in the Gouki.com Review.
Dead Space 2 developed by Visceral Games and published by EA is a survival horror with a lot going for it. The original Dead Space was a great game, with monsters, creepy corridors, dark rooms, and a true sense of fear. Well Dead Space 2 is all of that and more. How does this 2 disc sequel stack up to its predecessor? Find out in our review below.
With an option to watch previously on Dead Space and find out what happened in the first game, the story in Dead Space 2 starts off slightly confusing. I’m sure that was the point as it’s been 3 years since the first game, and Isaac Clarke is now in a mental hospital strapped down in a strait jacket. Isaac is suffering from hallucinations from some illness and it’s making him see some crazy things, including images of his dead girlfriend Nicole. The last thing he can remember is what happened on the USG Ishimura. Isaac then escapes this hospital once Necromorphs break in. So it’s up to Isaac to survive the outbreak, find out what happened to him, and why these monsters have returned.Read full story...
It's been 11 years and Marvel vs Capcom 3 is finally here... too bad it's terrible. After all these years this is what Capcom has to offer? An unpolished game, broken game play, and and uninspired storyline. MvC3 is a complete disappointment. Find out why!
Now that I’ve got your attention, I just wanted to say that everyone on the Gouki.com crew loves Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is finally upon us. After 11 years of waiting since the release of the well-known and still played Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom and Marvel Comics unite once again. The 3 on 3 brawler is back and better than ever with 36+ characters, 100+ hyper combos, and dream match-ups galore. After spending well over 12 hours of straight Marvel vs Capcom 3 action the Gouki.com crew is still itching for more. Capcom and Marvel favorites such as Ryu, Chun Li, Captain America and Spider-Man return as well as adding some new faces to the games franchise like Dante, Arthur, M.O.D.O.K and Deadpool. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is something to be remembered.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 has an impressive storyline this time around. A great threat is upon the two worlds of Marvel and Capcom. Dr. Doom has gathered all the most evil villains of the Marvel universe, such as Super Skrull, Magneto, and Dormammu and joined forces with Albert Wesker in a plot to join their worlds in order to conquer them. That is until Galactus from the Fantastic 4 is awakened and threatens the entire earth. It is up to all of the heroes and villains to stop Galactus before he destroys both worlds and rules the galaxy.
Here is a video of a full Arcade run through, but check out Galalctus at 12:36!
The gameplay of MvC3 is unlike the other vs series where the button configurations are of 4 buttons instead of your classic 6 button set up. What has returned from MvC2 is the 3 vs 3 2D action. Choose up to 3 characters from Marvel, Capcom, or a mix between and battle it out against a team of 3. Character assists return as well as hyper combos. What is new in MvC3 is the X-Factor, which is what you would call your desperation or clutch card. Activating X-Factor not only heals your fighter during battle, but also makes them stronger and gives them better defense. X-Factor lasts longer and is more effective when only 1 fighter of a team remains, but using it earlier has its advantages as well. Also new to the series is tagging out fighters within combos. Launch your opponent into the air to continue a combo and you can tag out to your next fighter making the combo even greater. Capcom has made MvC3 more accessible than ever with the new Simple Mode. Simple Mode allows those new to the vs series to be able to jump in with a simplified control scheme and still pull off insane combos, making Marvel vs Capcom 3 fun and accessible for beginners, advanced or any skill level.
MvC3 has a good amount of modes this time around, and will suit everyone. There is your classic Arcade mode where you pick a team of 3 and fight through 6 stages before reaching the final boss fight. Arcade mode is your story mode for MvC3. Then you have Versus mode, which if you have friends over this will take up most of your time. 2 players each choose a team of 3 and battle it out for bragging rights among friends or each other. The Gouki.com crew played this mode the most and we still can’t get enough. New to the Marvel vs Capcom series is Mission mode. Mission mode is a list of moves and combos that must be completed for each character. There are 10 missions per character and they each get increasingly more difficult. Training mode has returned from MvC2, but is better than ever. Training mode is one of the best features in the game, because it allows you to not only mess around, but learn combos, tricks, and more.
Check out this video of me going through some of the trials with a few characters
MvC3 runs on the MT Framework in full 3D and is the most impressive vs game to date. It simply looks amazing. The colors, the lighting, the character models, even the stages are impressive. Capcom has really outdone themselves with MvC3. The game just looks too good. Each character is done is full 3D, with defining characteristics that truly sets them apart from anyone else in the cast. From The Hulk’s veins, to Wesker’s Jacket, every character has something that brings out their personalities; sprites are a thing of the past. The stages are wonderful with how each has things that make them stand out from the rest. Capcom and Marvel fans will notice little cameos and easter eggs in the backgrounds of the stages. MvC3 looks stunning.
The audio in MvC3 is wonderful. The voice work for each character is done exactly how you would expect them. When you hear Captain America say “Avengers Assemble” it will put a smile on your face. The characters each have close to 60+ sounds and quotes that completely define them. Deadpool breaks the fourth wall with some of his quotes, and Ryu says things that you would expect from him. MvC3 also has quotes just based on character match-ups or team choices; it adds a nice touch to the voice work. The music is fantastic in MvC3 with character specific themes, as well as great menu themes. They even brought back the famous “Take You for a Ride” with a few remixes as well.
MvC3 has an online component that will please a lot of people, but also disappoint others. While MvC3 has Ranked, Player, and Lobby Battles which you would expect they dropped the ball on the 8-player lobby system. In games like Super Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, lobby play allows those not playing to be able to spectate the matches while they wait for their turn. MvC3 is missing this option as of right now, and hopefully will be rectified in a patch soon. Other than that the online is great. You can enjoy player matches to test your skills against others for fun, or you can jump in a ranked match and battle against the best for points. With online play MvC3 is going to give you a ton of replay value.
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two worlds is one of the best fighting games ever made, and will give you a fun experience for years to come. With the possibility for DLC the roster could reach into the 50’s and we could see new modes, new stages, and plenty more. If you like fighting games, super heroes, or just having fun in general then Marvel vs Capcom 3 is the game for you. Don’t be a Jimmy and go out and get yourself a copy. Tell your friends to get it, you won’t be disappointed.
Bottom Line: BUY IT!
By: Cinderkin Dec 3, 2010 | 19 Comments
Capcom has introduced a new trailer for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, with 2 new challengers entering the ring. Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma! Check it out!
With the leaked images of the achievement tiles from last week it was rumored that we would get Arcade Edition DLC in the future, now it looks to be true! I can't wait!
By: Cinderkin Dec 3, 2010 | 13 Comments
Have you ever wondered if the top ranked player on the Xbox Live Leaderboard for Super Street Fighter 4 was legit? Well I've always suspected cheating, and now there is video proof. Check it out!
I'm a huge fan of Super Street Fighter 4. It is one of the most well balanced fighting games to date. No character (maybe Hakan) is worthless in this game. Which is why I play it so much, and never get tired of it. I've checked out the leaderboards before to find replays of some of the best players in the world. Players such as Diago, Gamerbee, Gootecks, Mike Ross, Justin Wong, Sako, Marn, Tokido, and YHC Mochi among others. But I've always noticed a few players with exceptionally high PP, over 7k to be precise. Anyway aMasahitolkeda6 has been exposed for cheating (boosting) PP to become number 1 on the leaderboard.
Now why would you upload your replays to the SSF4 channel if you've been cheating? Sad really. Check it out!
Don't be a Jimmy like aMasahitolkeda6!
Some how TopTierGaming has a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3. They showed the case and comic book and now they are doing a live stream of the game. Check it out!
To see the live stream for yourself check it out here.
Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Feb 2, 2011 | 17 Comments
Dualshockers.com did a recent preview of Marvel vs Capcom 3, and they had plenty of good things to say about the game. One of the bad is that SSF4 and MvC2 style spectator mode for online play is not available.
Here is a copy and paste of what they had to say:
"When Marvel vs. Capcom 3 releases in just under two weeks, the game will not have spectator mode. Players in player matches with lobbies of up to 8 people will not be able to watch the game taking place as they wait their turn. This is said to be remedied in the very near future, but still. Another feature that players would and should expect is the ability to record and save videos of their matches. This ain’t happening. And this may or may not be remedied (ouch!)."
How come no one mentioned this before Jimmy? Why even give the option of an 8 player lobby without spectator mode? How did Capcom drop the ball on this shit? I mean come on Jimmy! I'm extremely pissed about this. Who agrees this is garbage? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Jan 18, 2011 | 24 Comments
Wanna come play Super Street Fighter 4 with the Gouki.com crew? Well now you can. Every Sunday Team Gouki will get together and play SSF4 with the Gouki.com users. Be apart of our weekly fun.
Super Street Fighter 4
Sunday 8 pm–11pm PST
Endless Battle, Team Battle, Tournament Mode
Xbox 360 (PS3 coming soon)
Who Can Join:
Any Gouki.com Member
Come join Team Gouki in a friendly night of Street Fighter. We play for fun on Sunday Nights so feel free to invite your friends to play, and if you feel like you aren’t good at the game don’t worry. FNJimmy will be there. We don’t just play the traditional endless battle either. We do things like 1 round endless, no hud matches, all random, and more. Team battles and Tournament Mode will be played as well. So come and join Team Gouki every Sunday.
We start at 8pm and end at 11pm. Just pick a time and that works for you and come join us. Be sure to add Cinderkin to your friends list and send me a message saying you’re playing Sunday. Don’t be a Jimmy! See you Sunday!
Tell your friends, and use those share buttons.
Yo it's your special day, I'm gonna rock a rhyme without sounding gay. Have you ever seen goukijones get down. Slamming and Jamming to the Vanilla Ice Sound! Yeah!
Just wanted to wish goukijones a Happy Birthday! This nubfarm has brought us the best deals, best news, and lets us write stories the way we want ( as long as the follow the FAQ, Don't be a kof2012) Just Kidding. Anyway I'm sure all of us here at Gouki.com want to wish you the best on your birthday.
Stay safe, have fun, and don't end up like this ever again!
Crysis 2 6 on 6 multiplayer demo is dropping in on the 25th of Jan, same day as the Bulletstorm demo. Check out the new trailer!
Crysis 2 is looking bad ass. Some of the sweetest multiplayer changes I've seen to date. Sliding into cars and knocking them over for cover, climbing over obstacles to slam down on enemies. Ok so maybe it's been done before, but Crysis 2 makes it look damn good.
After watching the trailer I'm stoked to get my hands on this demo. Looks like a lot of fun. According to a recent press release, the Crysis 2 MP demo will include the "Skyline" map, and two game modes: "Team Instant Action" - AKA Team Deathmatch - and "Crash Site" - AKA Crysis 2's take on territories
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Capcom has just released some screens of Jill and Shuma Gorath in Marvel vs Capcom 3. These are high quality screen shots. Don't be a Jimmy! Check them out!
What do you think of these screen shots? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Jan 28, 2011 | 13 Comments
Posted recently on the Marvel vs Capcom 3 Website was this image that states there will be more characters announced in the future. Check it out.
With the inclusion of Sentinel and Hsien-Ko Marvel vs Capcom 3 has reached its 36 character mark for the games launch. With 2 characters (Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath) making the cast 38 strong. It seems that Capcom is looking to announce more characters in the future. Most likely as DLC, but we may be in for a surprise as new characters may get announced to be included in the games launch. M.Bison comes to mind, but who else could it be. Check out this photo on the official site.
Who do you think it will be? Will it be DLC or will it make it in time for the games launch? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Mario Kart 64
- Back 4 Blood
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
- Gotham Knights
- Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
- Battlefield 2042
- Dragon Age II
- Halo Infinite
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy