Las Vegas is getting its on Arcade this Spring. Full of classic arcades, the newest consoles, and DJs'? WTF? Anyway not much is known about this Arcade Lounge Game Bar, so Check out this video promo for it.
Tell us what you think in the comments. The most interesting thing here is that they are going to be having annual tournements and that there will be a ton of women dancing. It's Las Vegas so anything is possible. I'm hoping we can get a solid Arcade Scene in Vegas. I need my SSF4 Arcade Edition Fix!
Don't be a Jimmy and thanks for reading.
By: bmorenmiami Oct 26, 2009 | 8 Comments
First and foremost I'd like to congratulate Infinite Bits for putting together an enjoyable convention experience on the first try. The 2009 Miami Video Game Convention
First and foremost I'd like to congratulate Infinite Bits for putting together an enjoyable convention experience on the first try. If you were one of the hundreds of gamers who took the time to go to the Doubletree Miami Airport Mart Convention Center for the event which ran from Friday Oct 23 thru Sunday Oct 25 you probably were like me and pleasantly surprised. Hopefully you didn't arrive expecting Infinite Bits to hand you an experience akin to that of the legendary E3. If you did ,then you were probably pissed. The 99% of Miami area gamers who arrived with an open mind and itchy joystick thumbs however, were pleased.
The convention had a nice structure and balance to it. There was something there for all gamers; old school classics for home and arcade, handhelds, table top games( think dungeon and dragons), as well as the latest home console titans. The mix of vendors were a little thin, but considering this was the very first convention sponsored by Infinite Bits all was easily understandable. Very hard to get adequate vendors when no one really has an idea of how successful the convention would be.I especially liked the arts and crafts that some artists presented....they were outstanding! Some of the video game vendors had unreasonable prices though...even for companies that are local and very small.
The convention was chock full of gamers dressed as their favorite game and anime characters. Gave the whole convention a lively vive. It took me and Jimmy about an hour just to walk around and guess what characters some of these folks were trying to be! That was fun! The tournaments rocked! There were tournaments for Gears of War , Halo 1, Halo 3, Street Fighter IV, and Madden 2010 as well as a host of other games. My only hope is next year they do a better job with scheduling the tournaments. Too many were going on at the same time, not enough equipment to have the process go quickly,(the brackets for street fighter were crazy long!), and definetly not enough space for fans(and the press like Gouki.com) to watch.
All in all I enjoyed myself...and if you didn't bother to go you lost out! Hopefully Infinite Bits can learn from the few mistakes they made this year and do it again next year bigger and better! I'll be there for sure! Check out my Iphone videos Jimmys!!!!! Remember these videos are from my iphone on the go live at the convention Jimmy so don't expect HD..but expect me to keep it real! Enjoy!!!
Complete list of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Changes as of September 15, 2010.
Found this over at http://shoryuken.com/
A lot more info than what was posted originally. Still take these with a grain of salt, as they are changes that are being tested and may not remain.
Yun and Yang have been added to SSF4 as of the Osaka location test. Another location test is scheduled during Super Battle Opera. The game is expected to release in December.
- Genei Jin is his super
- Yun feels stiff like Makoto does, but has his target combos
- build meter FAST because of the speed of his light palm ( ? ).
- LP forward special punch is good for block string, it's safe on block.
- His Dive kick is the same as Rufus.
- Arc jump is dictator like.
- Viper Walk speed.
- C.mk is crap.
- His super is about juggle, can take 40% life on Hawk.
- Ultra are useless outside of corner
- Yun can Tetsu Zankou (Shoulder) xx FADC xx Ultra 1
I couldn't FADC Nishou Kyaku (Up Kicks) at all, this may mean I suck or it may mean wake up Dragon Kick isn't a great option for Yun
Yun's Zesshou Hohou (Lunging Punch thing) was armor breaking
- Yun color 1 is Blue, color 2 is yellow.
- Multiple sources saw a Yun Genei Jin combo doover 50%, it looks like a very strong super
- Ultra 1 looks like a few punches, then a Balrog Ultra 2 foot/ground stomp then a Makoto Ultra 1 punch into the air
- Ultra 2 was a few hits, then a Gen leg hurricane into the air, footstomps on their back back to the ground.
- Shoulder seemed to have worse range than you'd hope.
- Dragon Kicks seemed to trade quite a bit
- His overhead (Toward and MK, can crossup a downed opponent).
U1 You Hou, U2 Sorai Rengeki. Super is Genei Jin
U1 is 4-hit, last hit is a launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway. Very similar to Makoto's U2. Can follow up U1 with Zesshou (lunge punch), or GJ combos. Only if GJ is activated before U1. I tried to activate afterwards, could not get anything to connect in time. Short range, does not hit on any FADC'd moved.
- U2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides the opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. Similar to Fei Long's U1. Does not combo from any FADC's. Short range.
- Genei Jin - shadows, cancel recovery on all moves, everything juggles. Was able to get 40-50% off GJ combos mid-screen, 50-60% in the corner. Can be super-cancelled off Tetsu Zankou (shoulder check).
- Kobokushi (palm move) - Jab is a fake, Strong/Fierce change the distance at which the opponent flies away. EX Nishou Kyaku (up kicks) will probably be good anti-air. Ultras do not combo off MK launcher.
- Yang also has his 3s target combos
- L/M/H Dive kicks do not change angle.
- Dive kicks would not come out as low as Rufus.
- EX Palm has a wall bounce
- Ultra 2 after Wall Bounce didn't connect, could have been timing issue though.
- c.LK xx Slashes works
- Window between slashes is quite lengthy.
- Yang Ultra 1 startup lost to T. Hawk Dragon punch but beat T. Hawk SPD
- Yang can Kaihou (Up kicks) xx FADC xx EX Slashes (execution fail on Ultra test sorry)
- c.mk into Slashes does work
- Yangs dive kick is the same as Yuns as far as I can tell.
- Yang's Super is double QCB + Punch, can cancel into into it from QCB + P (Palm)
- QCB + LP seemed to be fake palm.
- Yang color one is Pinkish, color two is purple.
- Yang's command dash was in and crossed up like Ibukis.
- EX Slashs looked like a great move, crazy fast.
- Super was Seiei Enbu
- Ultra 1 was a fancy ass version of Gens Punch Ultra 1, (it looked f'in cool though)."
- U1 Yang throws out a single attack - if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there - similar to Makoto's U1. Animation is sort of like Gen/Guy's, but with Yang style. Close range.
- U2 Yang rolls forward and goes up in the air with his rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks - looks like Yun's Nishou Kyaku. U2 will pass under fireballs. Seems to have some tracking properties - if U2 started while opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where the opponent is for non-animation damage. Combos off FADC/MK Launcher for non-animation damage.
- SE - Works similar to 3S. Doesn't seem nearly as useful as Yun's GJ of course.
- command grab damage nerf
- more recovery on breathless
- rolls have a little bit more recovery
- Adon doesn't get up as quickly after a knock down now, although it still seems to be quicker than other characters.
- EX Jaguar Tooth doesn't do the yellow glow, like other EX moves, until after you reach the wall. Not sure what effect this has, if any, on the move.
- Same as ryu, escaping hurricane kick nerf
- Ultra 2 is faster and apparently can be comboed into from a Shoryuken, Focus Attack Dash Cancel.
- EX Dragon Punch damage reduced.
- Hard Punch Red Fireball damage increased.
- May have slower walk speed. Akuma was tied for fastest walk speed in the game in SSF4.
- Ultra 2 is indeed 2x Half Circle
- U2 now charge motion, way more recovery
- Blocked Blanka Ball now recoils at half the distance, much easier to punish.
- Normals easier to combo
- tiger-knee Canon Strike no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, EX can still be tiger-kneed.
- HK spiral arrow's distance to get 2 hits is shorter
- sweep doesn't seem to deal as much stun
- faster walk speed
- ex zonk distance is shorter
- Medium ruffian is longer
- Hard ruffian may hit some crouching characters, like Gief
- Higher jumping taunt
- Ultra 1 seemed to do less chip damage
- standing HK is now overhead
- Rose taunt has less recovery
- EX Ducking, with less recovery than regular
- crouch HK comes out faster
- Ultra Spark got a damage nerf
- Ultra 2 (啼牙? jump QCF x2 one) is faster
- Gouken's LP rush punch has no forward movement, but is faster.
- His counter is now DP + Punch. LP for low body counter, MP for upper, HP is unclear.
- Damage down
- Hitbox tweak on mp hp combo, doesnt wiff crouchers anymore.
- Lp hozanto is safe from spd and light hawk spd
- U2 is decent now, less recovery on whiff, distance fixed.
- His flip grab has been toned down, 120 damage instead of 200
- Hp Hozanto is faster than before
- forward -> MP overhead is now 2 hit
- Slide has now 2 options afterwards: P -> additional attack, K -> auto oil up
- oils stack
- 360+K can now be cancelled
- Jump arc changed?
- Ultra 2 is now HCBx2
- Damage decreased
- Can connect target combo to HK? (not sure what this means)
- The upkick part of her fireball will combo into the fireball itself now if you do not store it
- EX Tatsu can be blocked low.
- More recovery on jab SRK.
- Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu
- gets Armor Break EX Hayate,
- more invincibility on Oroshi,
- damage boost on Fukiage.
- File under "Wild Speculation". It *looked* like her Fukiage (Up Punch) hitbox had been moved forward a bit. Also I may have seen her combo into Fukiage after EX Hayate in the corner but tbh I'm not really certain what I saw when that happened. Crazy mixups were afoot
- lost all invincibility on Soul Satellite.
- hurricane kicks are not good for escaping anymore
- more recovery on tiger knee
- damage BUFF on tiger uppercut
- Vanilla's standing lk is back. One hit, special cancelable, vanilla distance, does near 40dmg.
- light kick Tiger Knee is vanilla like, mk and hk are useless.
- More recovery on high Tiger Shot
- angry scar is now done using kick button
- I noticed absolutely no easy-to-see visible changes. There may or may not have been damage changes, but I didn't really notice any.
- no more jump HP
- air down+MK steps have weakened hitbox
- Ultra 1 is now "fireball-like" - can be deflected by other character's fireballs
- j.Fierce looks like he is doing a shoulder charge, similar to how his focus attack looks
- now has a standalone EX Condor Dive (KKK), and can be done on back jumps
- U2 startup and hitbox are improved.
- St. FP has better properties which aren't known, either bigger hitbox or more priority (or both?).
- Ex flip kick = viable reversal now.
- Less damage on ex wall dive grab.
- EX green hand no longer knocks down
- Defensive EX SPD beat out Attackers SPD after an EX Green Hand on hit
- Zangeif jab SPD range seems bigger, but the source says it could be eyes playing tricks
- Range on U2 increased, recovery also increased
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Cinderkin found this game, Full House Poker tucked away in the corner of the Microsoft Booth at CES 2011. What the hell is this game?
Microsoft's booth was pretty quiet game wise. Halo Reach was there, something else I didn't really care about and can't even remember now. I just know I was extremely bored and wasn't there for really long. I couldn't wait to get out. Then I saw Cinderkin up agianst the back wall jammed between two televisions, squatting, looking through some narrow passage. A few minutes later when he caught up to me I asked him WTF?! He told me, he found this game called Full House Poker for your Xbox 360 Avatar. My reply ... Nubfarm. Here's the video.
Daigo...the could have been Pro Mahjong player...
We hear a lot of stories about peoples past, but not as much info as this one. Nuki tells the story about his early years in gaming, how he came across Daigo, his impresions of him , how they met in other games and became rivals (ultimately bros) and Daigos secret obsession with Player Cards. I won't spoil too much so check out the two videos below. They are originally from a nico video, but cccloner999 has been taking parts of them and fully translating it to us in english with captions, also in the description box he has left notes for some things that may not make sense, like Arcade names and such. He has part 1 and part 2 done (ending in great suspense haha) still waiting on the epic part 3. Enjoy guys. And remember to turn the CAPTIONS on ;)
original - http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11739439
from where cccloner999 riped video from http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13071567
Uploaded episodes from cccloner999
By: shenwoopunch Dec 6, 2010 | 9 Comments
General summary is that Guile got mostly nerfs and just one buff to his upside down kick. DJ and Hakan only received buffs. Seth got both buffs and nerfs.
Too bad no changes were mentioned for Guile's Shades move. It would have been funny if it was given a boost in some form. We will possibly see a lot of Guile users switching over to DJ. However, it can be argued that certain USA tourney Guile players will stick with him. Note that Lamerboi, Dieminion, Dagger G, Warahk aka wolverine sideburns have stuck with Guile from vanilla SF4. Daigo was the only one that added Guile to his tournament repetoire after realizing how Ryu isn't as strong as he was in SSF4. Daigo and Dieminion are like the only Guile players that have actually won tournies. I think each of them only won one tourney with Guile.
If you hate Seth users before you might hate him more after the AE update. Hakan who was generally thought of as low tier might have a chance of climbing up the tier list.
• Deleted hittable box for his Reverse Spin Kick (Toward or Back + Hard Kick) from his knee and below during the first few frames after starting up and reduced its damage. With this adjustment, it's possible to make attacks like Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick whiff and hit them out.
• Spinning Back Knuckle's (Toward + Hard Punch) damage reduced.
• Sonic Boom's meter gain at startup is halved, and we adjusted his meter gaining rate through the match.
• Light Kick, Medium Kick and Hard Kick Flash Kicks damage reduced.
• Sonic Hurricane's damage has been reduced, and the startup time is a bit slower.
• Damage nerf is applied to Special Moves and his Ultra 2, so we can say his damage is reduced throughout.
• He will require more attacks to finish off opponents.
• There are almost no changes to his frame data, so in Arcade Edition he can do everything that he can already do.
• His Toward Jumping Hard Punch's number of active frames is doubled, so it's easier to hit with now.
• Far Standing Medium Kick's active frames were lengthened a little, and his hittable box when he extends his leg horizontally was reduced, so it will function better as a poking tool.
• Close Standing Medium Punch's startup is faster and the total duration of the move is reduced as a result, plus frame advantage on hit was increased, so it got significantly buffed.
• Crouching Hard Punch's start up is faster.
• Crouching Medium Kick has slightly more active frames.
• Neutral Jumping and Jumping Away Hard Punch (Stretchy Arms) now is his Jump Toward Hard Punch animation. The jumping stretchy arms attack has been removed.
• His Dive Kick's hitstun and blockstun were decreased, so it's slightly harder to use the move as an offense tool.
• All three Head Stomp moves had their active frames reduced, and the timing to hit all three of them was changed.
• Sonic Boom's recovery was reduced by 1 frame, and EX Sonic Boom's recovery is reduced by 3 frames. Now regular attacks into his regular or EX Sonic Boom, Focus Attack Dash Cancel and a follow up combo are pretty powerful.
• His Spin Kicks (Hyakuretsukyaku) deal more damage and less stun.
• Super's invincibility window was lengthened, and "the pursuit priority is increased." [Translator's note: It's assumed this means it will connect more hits against airborne opponents instead of the attack not fully connecting when someone jumps into it.]
• Ultra 2's recovery was shortened.
• Full invincibility was changed to 12 frames, and after that Seth is only invincible to projectiles until the end of active frames. In SSF4, according to the frame data, Seth was invincible for the first 88 frames of animation, so this is a significant reduction.
• Ultra 1 deals more damage, but has a longer recovery time.
• Stamina increased to 800, stun increased to 900. In SSF4 it was 750 for both his stamina and stun ranking.
• The changes on SSF4 Arcade Edition happened only where they affect the way he is played.
• He looks weakened in the first glance, but he also got strengthened in various points, so please research his playstyle in SSF4 Arcade Edition.
• Far Standing Light Punch's hittable box around his arm was removed, so it's more difficult to beat this attack.
• Crouching Medium Punch's priority was strengthened, and it deals more damage.
• Close Standing Medium Punch's active frames were increased by 1, so it's easier to use as anti air.
• Far Standing Medium Kick was changed to be a 2-hit normal, and it got adjusted in damage distribution, in startup, and in the total duration. Now, the 1st hit is Cancelable, so combos such as Crouching Light Punch, into Far Standing Medium Kick, into Special Moves and also Close Standing Medium Kick into Far Standing Medium Kick into Special Moves combos are possible.
• Close Standing Hard Kick, when it hits airborne opponents, will knock them out in the air, and the 2nd hit of the move has pursuit property.
• Far Standing Hard Kick's startup is 1 frame faster, and the active frames for it was increased by 1.
• Crouching Hard Kick's distance was shortened, but has more active frames, and it will recover faster after the active frames end.
• Toward Jumping Medium Kick's pushback on hit is adjusted, so combos after crossing up with it are easier.
• Air Slasher's (Fireball) recovery got shortened, and the hitstun/blockstun got reduced as well. There are no changes to EX Air Slasher. Opponent's attack will now be registered as a counter hit if you get hit out during the whole move, so if the opponent jumps in on you, you will be in a world of hurt.
• Light Dread Kicks' (Double Rolling Sobat) startup was changed to 12 frames, and his lower body invincibility was lengthened as well. It's comboable from Light attacks now. It's throw invincibility and airborne state were removed.
• Medium, Hard and EX Dread Kicks (Double Rolling Sobat) 1st hit deals longer hitstun, so landing the first 1st hit, Focus Attack Dash Canceling, and following up with a combo may be great.
• Machinegun Upper's damage was increased.
• Light Jacknife Maximum (Up Kicks) damage was increased, and is completely invincible until active frames end.
• Hard Kick and EX Jacknife Maximum hitbox was adjusted in order to prevent it from whiffing some hits after connecting it.
• Ultra 2's recovery time was reduced as much as possible.
• Dee Jay's forward dash has more frames where you can input a Super or Ultra command. As a result, his forward dash into Ultra 2 is easier than it was before.
st.HP's hurtbox around his arm got smaller, so it's easier to use as an AA or a poke.
When Oiled, even when normals are input during forward dash he will still slide a little. (Translation incomplete.)
Step Low (F+LK) got to be cancelable.
For Oil Shower, the duration of the oil will be stacked now. The maximum duration will be 30 seconds.
Also, MK/HK/EX versions have 5f less recovery, and EX version can be canceled into Guard Position (D+3P, aka coward crouch).
Also, Oil Shower will be one of the follow-ups after Oil Slide.
The effect is the same as LK Oil Shower, and he will be in advantage nevertheless.
LP Oil Slide has faster start-up, and can be connected from cr.LP or Step Low.
Oil Dive (including EX), while holding button, can be canceled into Guard Position.
Oil Rocket, Oil Dive's input property is adjusted, so the feeling will be same with that of Zangief's SPD.
By: Cinderkin Nov 2, 2010 | 8 Comments
The SSF4 Arcade Edition Japanese Blog has been translated. Here are a list of Changes for some of the characters.
Note: These may not be the complete list of changes for these characters.
• Less recovery time on Crouching Medium Punch. He can now combo Crouching Medium Punch into Crouching Medium Kick.
• Improved the hit box for Crouching Light Punch.
• Target Combo hit box (Medium Punch into Hard Punch) also had its hitbox improved.
• Light Punch Shoryuken has 2 extra frames of recovery, but now does 120 damage. It did 100 damage in SSF4.
• EX Fireball can juggle twice in the air, so now you can get full juggle off a Light Punch Shoryuken into EX Fireball.
• EX Air Hurricane Kick can now be blocked high or low. Used to be that it had to be blocked high.
• Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end.
• Crouching Medium Kick start up is now 6 frames, which is 2 frames faster.
• Crouching Medium Punch and Crouching Medium Kick do less damage.
• More recovery time for Cosmic Heel (Down-Toward + Hard Kick, Launcher) on block.
• Less recovery time on EX Rolling Crystal Flash.
• You can now combo Crouching Medium Punch from an EX Rolling Crystal Flash.
• His Ultra 2 has slightly more startup time.
• Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end.
• EX Messiah does less damage. It took off 100 damage in SSF4.
• When Ultra 2 (Big Bang Typhoon) is used as an anti-air, it won't fully connect, so it does less damage in these scenarios now.
Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end.
• Close and Far Standing Light Punch have an extra frame of advantage, making it +6 now.
• Close Standing Medium Kick has a 4 frame startup.
• Additional frame advantage on many moves.
• Less recovery on EX Rekka on hit and on guard.
• No invincibility on his Hard Flying Kick (Chicken Wing).
• Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end.
• Crouching Medium Kick still cannot be Canceled, earlier reports said this might happen.
• Her Fireball Kick (projectile) knocks the opponent higher up into the air. Now you can combo it into a Pinwheel Kick, for example.
• Less stun and damage on the kick part of the Fireball Kick.
• No changes to Ultra 1, but because of the changes to the kick part of the Fireball Kick, it's easier to score knockdowns.
• Faster foot speed, while walking towards and backwards.
• EX Focus Attack hitbox improved (this could be incorrect, translation was a little fuzzy).
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: goukijones Oct 11, 2010 | 7 Comments
KONAMI AND MARVEL ANNOUNCE X-MEN ARCADE FOR PLAYSTATION® NETWORK AND XBOX LIVE ARCADE
Straight up jacked from Konami twitter:
KONAMI and Marvel Reach into the Retro Vault and Revive the Classic Side-Scrolling Arcade Brawler Just in Time for the Holiday Season
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., and Marvel Entertainment announced today that X-Men Arcade is coming to PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft this year. Developed by Backbone Entertainment, this first ever home version of the popular 1992 cabinet arcade classic allows players to join their favorite X-Men characters in what is widely considered their first great video game appearance.
In X-Men Arcade, Cyclops, Colossus, Dazzler, Nightcrawler, Storm and Wolverine unite to use their special powers to save mankind from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and other terrible threats. Players will have to fight off hundreds of Sentinels, along with Super Villains such as Pyro, the Blob, Wendigo, Nimrod, the White Queen, Juggernaut and Mystique, as they battle their way to Island M to take down the Master of Magnetism, Magneto, and save Kitty Pryde and Professor Xavier.
X-Men Arcade brings the fun and excitement of the hit arcade game to next-generation consoles as players can engage in multiplayer action with 1-4 players supported locally and 1-6 players supported online. Online Drop-in multiplayer is activated, allowing anyone to jump in on the battle at any time. High-definition heads-up displays, menus and local/online leaderboards have also been integrated to track statistics and scores.
Players will be able to select the Custom Match Mode that will allow them to choose the kind of session they would like to join by setting the amount of players, difficulty and what level to start in to create a truly unique online experience. Players will also have the ability to select the Create Match Mode where they can establish themselves as the host and have the ability to control incoming players, number of players, difficulty setting, and starting level to have complete veto power over the match. For players looking for the ultimate X-Men challenge, multiple difficulty modes will also be available.
"Just like with our comics, Marvel has a rich history of great video games, and we're happy to play our part with Konami in reintroducing this classic to fans of all ages," said Seth Lehman, Vice President of Digital Licensing for Marvel. "Fans have been clamoring for X-Men Arcade to hit consoles for 18 years now, and we're confident they'll find this re-release was worth the wait. The game looks and plays exactly like we remember it - all without the added worries of being low on quarters when you're closing in on Magneto."
X-Men Arcade is slated to release in Fall 2010 for the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade. For assets and information on the game, please visit: www.konami.com.
It's now official that Yun and Yang have joined the rest of the cast — and new balance changes have been reported.
Found this over at http://www.eventhubs.com
Note, these changes aren't official yet, as this is just a location test and a lot can and will be changed in the future.
• Yun's Super is the infamous Genei Jin (Custom Combo) from Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. It has the trailing shadows you remember and he can Cancel the recovery on all moves, plus everything juggles. A few players were able to land combos that took off 40-50% of their opponent's life, and went up to 50-60% when they had them cornered. Also, this can be Super Canceled into off of Yun's Shoulder Attack.
• Ultra 1 is his You Hou, it hits four times, but the last hit is a Launcher. If the first hit connects cleanly, he will go into animation. If not, Yun does the other attacks anyway, like Makoto's Ultra 2. This has a very short range and does not hit on any Focus Attack Dash Cancels. But he can follow up an Ultra 1 with his Lunge Punch or Genei Jin combos, but only if you activate before you land the Ultra 1.
• Ultra 2 is a punch rush, if the final hit connects cleanly Yun goes into animation where he rides his opponent in the air like a skateboard, then kicks them down to the ground. This also does not combo from any Focus Attack Dash Cancels because of its short range.
• All Yun's specials from Third Strike are in the game. Including his Palm, Flip Grab, Dragon Kicks, Shoulder Attack, etc. Light Punch Palm is a fake, Medium and Hard change the distance the opponent flies away.
• His Dive Kick is great, like Rufus' and his overhead, Toward + Medium Kick, can crossup a grounded opponent.
• Yun's Shoulder Attack seemed to have worse range than you'd think. His Dragon Kicks also seemed to trade quite a bit, but the EX version seems like it will be good anti air.
• Yun has his Third Strike target combos.
• Some players have claimed Yun feels "sluggish" like Makoto in SSF4.
• Yun's Ultras do not combo off his Standing Medium Kick Launcher.
• Yang's command dash was in and crossed up like Ibuki's in SSF4.
• His EX Fist Slashes looked like a great move, crazy fast.
• He also has his Third Strike target combos.
• Yang's Ultra 1, Raishin Mahhaken, makes him throw out a single attack — if it connects cleanly, animation follows. If not, the ultra ends there — similar to Makoto's Ultra 1. This will only connect from close range only.
• Ultra 2, Tenshin Senkyuu, rolls forward along the ground and goes up in the air with a rising kick. If Yang connects cleanly on the ground with the roll portion, the rest of the animation kicks in. If not, Yun goes up in the air with kicks. This Ultra will pass under fireballs and it has some tracking properties. If his Ultra 2 is started while the opponent is in the air, Yang will rise up with kicks where they're jumping, but in this scenario it won't lead to full damage. This can be comboed into off of a Focus Attack Dash Cancel or Medium Kick Launcher for less damage, again it won't connect fully in these situations.
• Yang's Super is his Seiei Enbu (Custom Combo) from Third Strike. Works much the same way, but not as good as Yun's.
• Hakan's Oil Shower stacks, i.e. it can be applied multiple times, which adds to the overall time it stays on.
• Capcom also gave him a Kick follow up after performing his Oil Shower. Another follow up option after Hakan's slide allows the choice between doing more damage or oiling up again. Also, he can reportedly combo Standing Light Kick into his Oil Shower.
• Hakan's 360 command grab with Kick can be canceled. This is where he runs in place and if you let go of the button he attempts to jump towards his opponent and grab them.
• Zangief's EX Green Hand no longer knocks down. Range on his Ultra 2 was increased, but so was the recovery time.
• Seth's Jumping Hard Punch is gone, the one copied from Dhalsim. It wasn't clear what exactly this was replaced with.
• The distance Blanka flies away after a blocked Beast Roll has been cut in half, making it much easier to punish if blocked.
• Ryu and Akuma's Air Hurricane Kicks are no longer as effective for escaping bad situations. If these are done in the air before hitting the peak of the jump, they'll become floaty and go nowhere. Crossing up with a Hurricane Kick still works, though.
• Juri's Kick Fireball seems easier to combo with now.
• E. Honda's damage has been reduced, and it may be harder to combo into his Hundred Hand Slaps. Ultra 2 Oicho Throw has had its command changed from a 720 rotation to a 2x half-circle back motion.
• Ken's EX Hurricane Kick can be blocked low. He has more recovery on his Light Dragon Punch, but can juggle after a Light anti-air Shoryuken with an EX Fireball, just like Ryu.
• Guile's damage has been nerfed and his Sonic Boom no longer builds Super meter. It seems unlikely that the latter change will stay in the game, though.
• M. Bison's Ultra 2 is now a charge motion with way more recovery.
• Cammy's normal moves are easier to combo with now, but Tiger Knee (instant) Canon Strikes are no longer possible. Can still Canon Strike normally, and the EX version can still be Tiger Kneed (done instantly).
• Makoto's EX Dash Punch (Hayate) now breaks armor. She also received a slightly faster walk speed and her Axe Kicks are more like they were in Third Strike.
• Dudley had an EX version of his "Ducking" attack added. This is where he slides forward and can punch or uppercut, it lacks Super Armor. This travels the same distance as the Hard Kick version, but recovers almost instantly. Crouching Hard Kick (Launcher) may be faster, although it's debatable at this point. Jumping Hard Kick knocks down in air-to-air situations.
• Chun-Li had no apparent changes, although it seems like her Crouching Hard Kick sweep doesn't do as much stun.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
You asked for a Miami tourney? You got it!
Anyways! This is an interview with the arcade founders Angle R. Mateo and Nelson Santa Maria, who at the time wasn't able to be interviewed, of Final Round! They co-owned the arcade scene here in Malls of the Americans at Miami, Fl. and invite players of all rank to participate in their tournament and weekly contest! Check them out here;
This was a tournament on Street Fighter 4 and CAPCOM vs SNK 2(CvS2)!
I asked questions and they answered.
I also got an interview with a top tier player named Peter, or more commonly known as FlashMetroid. Watch the video see him in action in the final round of the tourney and his style!
Thanks again for watching and maybe next time, I'll see you in the ring!
Here's a low quality video showing Yun in Super Street Fighter 4's arcade release going up against Guy.
Check out the brand new trailer! Two new warriors enter the ring!
Trending Video Games
- PlayStation 5
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Marvel's Avengers
- Alice Madness Returns
- Remember Me
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Crackdown 3
- Rage 2
- Beyond Good and Evil 2