By: goukijones Dec 2, 2010 | 348 Comments
WIN: Marvel VS Capcom 3, A FightStick and a Gouki.com t-shirt. 2 games to win. Just leave a comment on this story to enter. Many will enter, 2 will win. Don't be a Jimmy! Enter now.
Marvel VS Capcom 3 Special Edition & FightStick Ultra Combo Giveaway
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (system choice) - The game will be shipped to you on the release day! You will get it February 15, 2011.
Second Prize Qualifications - Drawing on February 12, 2011
- You must be a registered user on Gouki.com with a valid email address.
- You must have added either your Xbox 360 Gamertag or PSN ID to your Gouki.com profile.
- Log in and leave a comment on this story.
If you meet the qualifications for either giveaway and would like the chance to have more tickets in the final drawing you can:
- Upload an Avatar at Gravatar.com and it must appear in your Gouki.com profile.
- Twitter this exact phrase - I entered #Gouki.com's #MvC3 Special Edition & #FightStick Ultra Combo #giveaway. RT & Follow @goukijones 4 info. http://bit.ly/MvC3giveaway - Go to Twitter.com.
- Visit our Facebook page, like and leave a comment. (Must be video game related) Gouki.com on Facebook.
yet another pic showing a potential character for MVC3
I found this pic online and you can see his health bar on the right.
At this point I dont know what to think but it looks legit to me..........what do you guys think?
I REALLY hope this is real becuz M.bison OWNS.................PSYCHO CRUSHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We all knew Galactus was going to be the Final Boss in Marvel vs Capcom 3! Now check out the gameplay! Galactus is HUGE!
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Video was taken down fast Jimmy! Here is a small screen shot of the video.
By: Cinderkin Nov 16, 2010 | 13 Comments
EBGames.com and Gamestop.com says that if you purchase the collector's edition for $69.99 you will be able to download two playable DLC Characters — Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine.
We are all ready to get our hands on Marvel vs Capcom 3. Most of us have been waiting 10 years to do so. With Marvel vs Capcom 3 just around the corner, I've been checking up on it as much as possible. It seems that EBGames.com and Gamestop.com have the first collectors edition of the game available for pre order. With a price tag of $69.99 that is solid deal. Seeing as every new collectors edition nowadays cost $99.99!
The best part is that the collectors edition comes with 2 downloadable characters Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath! Now I can have my complete Resident Evil Team (Chris, Wesker, and Jill)
Check out what will be in the collectors edition below.
• Steelbook case featuring exclusive art work.
• Comic/Art book- A 12-page prologue comic, written by Marvel writer Frank Tieri, plus campaign art and a curated selection of fan art.
• 1-month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics, providing unlimited online access to Marvel content.
• People who pre-order through GameStop will receive MvC3 console decals created by Fathead. Also, character cards with a move list and descriptions.
Is anyone going to grab this collectors edition? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Bosslogic is at it again with his amazing Marvel vs Capcom 3 Wallpapers. With MvC3 right around the corner, it's nice to have some great wallpapers. Check them out!
Check out these that he did a while back.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Feb 2, 2011 | 17 Comments
Dualshockers.com did a recent preview of Marvel vs Capcom 3, and they had plenty of good things to say about the game. One of the bad is that SSF4 and MvC2 style spectator mode for online play is not available.
Here is a copy and paste of what they had to say:
"When Marvel vs. Capcom 3 releases in just under two weeks, the game will not have spectator mode. Players in player matches with lobbies of up to 8 people will not be able to watch the game taking place as they wait their turn. This is said to be remedied in the very near future, but still. Another feature that players would and should expect is the ability to record and save videos of their matches. This ain’t happening. And this may or may not be remedied (ouch!)."
How come no one mentioned this before Jimmy? Why even give the option of an 8 player lobby without spectator mode? How did Capcom drop the ball on this shit? I mean come on Jimmy! I'm extremely pissed about this. Who agrees this is garbage? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Some how TopTierGaming has a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3. They showed the case and comic book and now they are doing a live stream of the game. Check it out!
To see the live stream for yourself check it out here.
Don't be a Jimmy!
locations for all the gamestops that are having midnight launches for MVC3
are you HYPE????
well this is for all you guys who just cant wait till tuesday morning to grab your copy of MVC3.
gamestop.com now let's you search for any stores in your local area that are having midnight launches.
With the release of Marvel vs Capcom 3. A ton of gamers have been finding glitches that the testers seem to have missed. Check them out!
The next 3 glitches are graphical ones that make the make the game hard to play.
Have you experienced any of these glitches or any new ones? Tell us what you think about this in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
An opinion on who are in the top 5 and why.
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been out for a good enough time to see who are the extremely powerful and well-rounded characters. I've been thinking, if there was a tier list, who would be in the top 5? I came up with a list, but it is in no particular order. I feel that these 5 characters are all pretty close to each other in some way, being able to tear each other apart X-Factor or not. I'll be going over the strengths that lead me to believe they are the best and the few weaknesses. Keep in mind it is an opinion and I'd love to hear what you have to think about it.
- Best Teleport in the game. Basically instant, can use in 3 directions on ground and air.
- Amazing fireball game. Can be used as offensive, mix-ups with teleport and extremely annoying keep-away with her H fireball in flight mode.
- Her Trap is powerful and annoying. It moves fast, can have more than one out and it can set up for combos and mix-ups with the teleport.
- Great physical combos including her own in air re-launch combo and a overhead you can combo in and out of!
- Has flight mode
- Amazing Supers. Phoenix Rage has great priority, travels full screen at a fast speed and causes wall bounce for DHC combos or Trap combos. Healing Sphere helps desperately with regaining the load of damage she takes from chip. (Red Life)
- Dark Phoenix (Dying with 5 meters) increases her speed and offense. Regular Phoenix is already an extremely tough character to deal with. Dark form makes all of her normals and fireballs hyper-active and extremely hard to dodge. More chip damage as well.
- Dark Phoenix mode also effects her assist, making her Tk Shot one of the best projectile assists.
- Lowest health in the game. Healing Sphere is nice but that only works when opponent is inside. Many Phoenix players die to chip damage when opponent has enough meter. Also people are so focused on Dark Phoenix, that they don't use their meter, handicapping them from finishing combos.
- One of the best rush down characters and with the right assist, it is inevitable for him to get in and open you up
- Beserker Barage, Drill claw , dive kick and Beserker slash are extremely strong, fast and great priority moves. Being able to drill claw in multi directions, cross up with Beserker slash and dive kick into combos makes wolverine extremely versatile in his offense, leaving him with few bad positions during the tides of battle.
- His hyper Fatal Claw can be done in air or ground. Wolverines BnB re-launch combo into this super EASILY does over 40% on most characters. Also his Beserker Barage X and lvl 3 Weapon X are very easy to hit-confirm into.
- Wolverine has fast normals and a very fast dash.
- Already being a in-your-face type, it is ridiculous that he has a speed-up super; Beserker Charge. It only lasts 5 seconds but helps extend combos and make him more figity and faster than before (In movement and attacks)
- Has a OTG slide, with the right assist this extends his already simple yet damaging combos even more.
- Has a wall-jump when cornered
- Wolverine has good health and some of the best offense and supers in the game. The only disadvantage he has is no projectiles. But Wolverine has so many angles and quick ways to get in, that it doesn't matter. In the end it is up to the player, but for the most part Wolverine is unstoppable.
- Has one of the best damage outputs during X-factor (And very strong without it)
- Can teleport in directions on ground and air. While in air can teleport 3 times before hitting ground.
- Has single-shot gun that does great damage and has good hit stun.
- Can create amazing mix-ups with gunshots followed by teleports and assists
- Can combo after Counter super
- OTG gunshot creates huge team combos whether he is on point or assist
- Has 3 different command grabs, 1 leads into air combo, the other OTG combo
- Great keep away game and really good normals ; can fight either way
- Has 3 counter moves that can be comboed after
- Rhino Charge into low gunshot combo is ridiculously damaging for DHC glitch
- Extremely well rounded character who has almost everything
- Similar to Wolverine, it i hard to say. He can utilize 4 different counters and 3 command grabs vs rush-down types, and can play keep away and do mix ups on projectile spammers. Where Wesker leaves himself open is the air teleports. Air Teleport L and M have slow recovery and are punishable (if your opponent can reach you)
- Aim Master is an amazing projectile. He can shoot forward, diagonal or upwards while on the ground. And in the air can shoot down (OTG leading into super), forward and diagonal. These arrows are multi-hit and very fast, also leading into hit confirm super. This makes Taskmasters keep away extremely annoying.
- Has good reach with his sword and un-bloackable combos that don't need an assist!!!
- Charging star is fast and can go through some projectiles
- Web Swing is simply insane. Taskmasters solo combos are extremely dragged out with this, and can still end in Super.
- Has a counter super and counter move (not combo-able)
- Task is another very well rounded character. Great offense, great keep away and has counters to boot.
- Arrow super is awesome for DHC due to its changed directions
- None really. The web swing is very throw-able, but people don't usually try because if you screw up, you get hit with a easy 50%+ combo. Taskmaster is one of the most solid characters.
5. TRON or ZERO?
I could have easily made a top 6, but top 5 sounds cooler, and makes me think even harder. But in the end I couldn't come to a decsision to pick Zero or Tron. Here is a look at the two, I will let the Gouki members decide. Or maybe you rather have both of them and take someone else out?
- One of the highest HP
- Ridiculous combo-ability. High damage and awesome meter building for a tank character
- Jumping S is extremely annoying and effective. Does great damage, has active frames the ENTIRE time and causes ground bounce.
- Bone Strike is a great get-in move , can be used in air and combos very well
- Has a command grab
- lvl 3 is a command grab
- Both lvl 1 supers are great for DHC and combos well into them by herself
- A long with her already godlike combos, can be extended with the right assist to nearly kill everyone in the game
- Gustaff Fire is one of the best assist in the game. Crazy invinciblity and comes out very fast.
- Her projectile is poor and her only real means of getting in are jumping S and Bone Strike. Once you get around those her mobility to decent, but she has a bigger hit box than most, so she gets bullied a bit. Smart keep away can keep her at bay.
- Zero has some of the best normals in the game. A long with great reach and priority, the Shipugga makes it so much better. Great vs super-armor characters as well.
- Charged Buster is amazing. Zero can instantly let it go at any moment, when it is lvl 3 and he is airborne, it leads into a combo.
- Has a decent SRK
- Hadangeki is a great projectile as well
- Sentsuizan is an amazing air strike that is combo-able and lightning fast. He also has a fake version, confusing opponents.
- Raikousen is another fast air combo-able move.
- His teleport makes things very tricky. It is fast and has great recovery. with the right assist you can make effective cross-ups, and in the air he can attack afterwards.
- The clone super makes his already beastly offense even more fearsome, allowing him to do extremely damaging combos. Can also 100% kill everyone(?) when used in DHC glitch with the right combos.
- One of the few lvl 3's in the game that isnt a full cinamatic, giving it better combo-ability.
- Amazing back dash and very long forward dash. Mixed in with his teleports and high prioritized multi-hit normals, his footsies are great.
- Has a OTG super.
- Like most of the people on this list. None. The only downside to playing Zero is his low HP (not as bad as Phoenix though :p)
And that is my top "5". Please add your insight to who you think should be or not be on the list, how would you alter it? I till can't decide on Tron or Zero, both of them are so beast. Or maybe you don't agree on some of the stuff ; this is opinionated. Leave a comment below and if you didn't know, my PSN is iorilamia ;D
Details on the first DLC pack.
The price is set to be 400MS points or 5.00 on PSN, not but but what are they offering? Some new costumes (I know what a surprise), Shadow Mode will be there, Jill and Shuma are in (sorry if that was the only reason you picked up the S.E.).
If this will be how they roll out the DLC it should add value to getting it, but it feels like stuff that should have been in game. I know plenty of you have bought the costumes for SFIV but what happened to that stuff being unlockable in the game? Am I the only one who was proud of dumping in Hours just to be the only person you knew with Zack's Alien costume in DOA 3? I know that there is a group of people who want it all just handed to them, but that was part of the fun in beating the game. Who's getting the hook-up with pack 1? Thor, Captain America and Iron Man on the Marvel side, and Dante, Chris Redfield and Ryu on the Capcom side, not a ton, but hey they need the money right. But the Patriot skin for Iron Man, now they are mixing characters. Maybe we should expect an Iceman / Silver Surfer after all.
To say I have mixed feelings would be an understatement, but in this case I think Shadow Mode alone is worth the $5.00. We'll just have to wait for round 2 to see if they are going to milk it or really have something to add to the game.
Don't be a jimmy. You going to buy it, pissed, or really just don't care? Let's hear it.
It's been 11 years and Marvel vs Capcom 3 is finally here... too bad it's terrible. After all these years this is what Capcom has to offer? An unpolished game, broken game play, and and uninspired storyline. MvC3 is a complete disappointment. Find out why!
Now that I’ve got your attention, I just wanted to say that everyone on the Gouki.com crew loves Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is finally upon us. After 11 years of waiting since the release of the well-known and still played Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom and Marvel Comics unite once again. The 3 on 3 brawler is back and better than ever with 36+ characters, 100+ hyper combos, and dream match-ups galore. After spending well over 12 hours of straight Marvel vs Capcom 3 action the Gouki.com crew is still itching for more. Capcom and Marvel favorites such as Ryu, Chun Li, Captain America and Spider-Man return as well as adding some new faces to the games franchise like Dante, Arthur, M.O.D.O.K and Deadpool. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is something to be remembered.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 has an impressive storyline this time around. A great threat is upon the two worlds of Marvel and Capcom. Dr. Doom has gathered all the most evil villains of the Marvel universe, such as Super Skrull, Magneto, and Dormammu and joined forces with Albert Wesker in a plot to join their worlds in order to conquer them. That is until Galactus from the Fantastic 4 is awakened and threatens the entire earth. It is up to all of the heroes and villains to stop Galactus before he destroys both worlds and rules the galaxy.
Here is a video of a full Arcade run through, but check out Galalctus at 12:36!
The gameplay of MvC3 is unlike the other vs series where the button configurations are of 4 buttons instead of your classic 6 button set up. What has returned from MvC2 is the 3 vs 3 2D action. Choose up to 3 characters from Marvel, Capcom, or a mix between and battle it out against a team of 3. Character assists return as well as hyper combos. What is new in MvC3 is the X-Factor, which is what you would call your desperation or clutch card. Activating X-Factor not only heals your fighter during battle, but also makes them stronger and gives them better defense. X-Factor lasts longer and is more effective when only 1 fighter of a team remains, but using it earlier has its advantages as well. Also new to the series is tagging out fighters within combos. Launch your opponent into the air to continue a combo and you can tag out to your next fighter making the combo even greater. Capcom has made MvC3 more accessible than ever with the new Simple Mode. Simple Mode allows those new to the vs series to be able to jump in with a simplified control scheme and still pull off insane combos, making Marvel vs Capcom 3 fun and accessible for beginners, advanced or any skill level.
MvC3 has a good amount of modes this time around, and will suit everyone. There is your classic Arcade mode where you pick a team of 3 and fight through 6 stages before reaching the final boss fight. Arcade mode is your story mode for MvC3. Then you have Versus mode, which if you have friends over this will take up most of your time. 2 players each choose a team of 3 and battle it out for bragging rights among friends or each other. The Gouki.com crew played this mode the most and we still can’t get enough. New to the Marvel vs Capcom series is Mission mode. Mission mode is a list of moves and combos that must be completed for each character. There are 10 missions per character and they each get increasingly more difficult. Training mode has returned from MvC2, but is better than ever. Training mode is one of the best features in the game, because it allows you to not only mess around, but learn combos, tricks, and more.
Check out this video of me going through some of the trials with a few characters
MvC3 runs on the MT Framework in full 3D and is the most impressive vs game to date. It simply looks amazing. The colors, the lighting, the character models, even the stages are impressive. Capcom has really outdone themselves with MvC3. The game just looks too good. Each character is done is full 3D, with defining characteristics that truly sets them apart from anyone else in the cast. From The Hulk’s veins, to Wesker’s Jacket, every character has something that brings out their personalities; sprites are a thing of the past. The stages are wonderful with how each has things that make them stand out from the rest. Capcom and Marvel fans will notice little cameos and easter eggs in the backgrounds of the stages. MvC3 looks stunning.
The audio in MvC3 is wonderful. The voice work for each character is done exactly how you would expect them. When you hear Captain America say “Avengers Assemble” it will put a smile on your face. The characters each have close to 60+ sounds and quotes that completely define them. Deadpool breaks the fourth wall with some of his quotes, and Ryu says things that you would expect from him. MvC3 also has quotes just based on character match-ups or team choices; it adds a nice touch to the voice work. The music is fantastic in MvC3 with character specific themes, as well as great menu themes. They even brought back the famous “Take You for a Ride” with a few remixes as well.
MvC3 has an online component that will please a lot of people, but also disappoint others. While MvC3 has Ranked, Player, and Lobby Battles which you would expect they dropped the ball on the 8-player lobby system. In games like Super Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, lobby play allows those not playing to be able to spectate the matches while they wait for their turn. MvC3 is missing this option as of right now, and hopefully will be rectified in a patch soon. Other than that the online is great. You can enjoy player matches to test your skills against others for fun, or you can jump in a ranked match and battle against the best for points. With online play MvC3 is going to give you a ton of replay value.
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two worlds is one of the best fighting games ever made, and will give you a fun experience for years to come. With the possibility for DLC the roster could reach into the 50’s and we could see new modes, new stages, and plenty more. If you like fighting games, super heroes, or just having fun in general then Marvel vs Capcom 3 is the game for you. Don’t be a Jimmy and go out and get yourself a copy. Tell your friends to get it, you won’t be disappointed.
Bottom Line: BUY IT!
Trending Video Games
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
- Halo: Infinite
- Fallout 76
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Street Fighter V
- War of the Burning Sky - Online
- Rage 2
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- BioShock Infinite