News: Capcom promising more bullshit @NYCC from Yoshinori Ono?
Capcom New York Comic-con Panel Description: "and expect some serious surprises[from Yoshinori Ono]!" Yeah, we've all heard that before. My take on the state of Capcom.
Capcom Press Release:
Capcom is blowing off the doors of New York Comic-Con 2012 with all the monsters, demons, mechanical rigs, Street Fighters, and memory hunters that it can muster.
Throughout the show, new assets and information will be updated on the Capcom press center so check back often. Kicking things off, is an all-new producer walk-through video from Lost Planet 3 as well as screenshots from the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate… head over to the press center and download them now!
At the show, Capcom is offering playable demos from the upcoming 2012/2013 line-up of games including DmC Devil May Cry, Lost Planet 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Okami HD, Resident Evil 6, Street Fighter X Tekken (PS Vita) and more! There will also be producer and artist signing sessions, appearances by notable characters with special promotions, and giveaways galore. Fans are encouraged to come by to see Capcom which will be located in booth #2120.
In addition to a bevy of activities at the booth, Capcom is also hosting a series of panels for deeper looks at some of our upcoming titles. Below, please find a full list of these panels:
- Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Celebration - It's hard to believe that the world's greatest fighting game franchise is 25 years old! Find out about the worldwide Street Fighter 25th Anniversary plans which include the ultimate Street Fighter tournament series, the feature packed Collector’s Set, and more. Experience the exclusive features in the PS Vita and iOS versions of Street Fighter X Tekken and battle on the go! Hear directly from Yoshinori Ono (Street Fighter Series Executive Producer) and expect some serious surprises! Followed by a Q&A session. Thursday, October 11 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm Location: 1A10
- The World of Capcom! - CAPCOM returns to NYCC with another stellar lineup of the hottest new video game titles in the coming year! Moderator Francis Mao (CAPCOM) leads a panel of Capcom's producers and product managers to share trailers and sneak peeks of all the hot, new upcoming CAPCOM games featuring Resident Evil 6, DmC, Lost Planet 3, Street Fighter X Tekken (PS Vita), Okami HD, Remember Me and a few surprises! Followed by a Q&A session. Friday, October 12 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm Room 1A10
- Capcom Presents: Remember Me - Be the first to find out everything there is to know about Capcom's latest and greatest franchise, Remember Me – an exciting, science-fiction, action-adventure game set in the near future of Neo-Paris where memories are remixed and erased. Hear about the development of the game from the creative team and see the latest gameplay footage for this 2013 game release. Followed by a Q&A session. Saturday, October 13 6:45 pm - 7:45 pm Location: 1A21
- Lost Planet 3 – Lost Planet 3 releases in 2013 with a gripping new storyline that provides fans with untold truths from previous Lost Planet games. Set in the frozen tundra of E.D.N. III, the game takes the franchise back to its roots, making gamers rethink everything they thought they knew about it. Come take a behind-the-curtains-look at this much-anticipated game from the Lost Planet 3 development team. Followed by a Q&A session. Sunday, October 14 10:45 am - 11:45 am Location: 1A23
- Capcom Presents: DmC The All-New Devil May Cry - The Devil May Cry franchise is back with a complete reboot of the series. Detailing Dante’s early years and set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC Devil May Cry retains the stylish action, fluid combat and self-assured protagonist that have defined the iconic series. Come and witness Dante chain together combo after combo with panache as he dispatches the demonic spawn back to hell. See what the game has in store for you January 15, 2013. It’s time to “Face Your Demons” Followed by a Q&A session. Sunday, October 14 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Location: 1A23
Capcom has been struggling this year. I'm sure they can't wait to get out of 2012 alive. Remember Me doesn't look that promising right now. DMC has been taken heat ever since they released images of that Dante. Lost Planet 3? What? lol. SFxT is long gone. Both Resident Evil titles released this year got railed by the public.
This however, this should be about a fighting game. And let me talk my shit again. Darkstalkers 4 on the Street Fighter engine is the only thing that is going to save Capcom right now. Marvel is hot, but I think we're closer to Marvel 4 than a rival schools or a Street Fighter 5. The only other option is something of the same formula of Street Fighter. Something that works. I've been saying it for almost a year. We need a Darkstalkers 4 that plays similar to Street Fighter V & make that shit super competitive.
Ono has been teasing Darkstalkers forever it seems. 2:31 into the video below.
I wrote a story about his comment at San Diego Comic-con. Ono says Darkstalkers 4 doesn't need our support to get a green light anymore.
Well we'll have to wait for the blogs at 5 o'clock to post whatever BS Ono is talking about. Just don't be a Jimmy Ono san.
Create your own story about the New York Comic-con. Vote, comment & share. Thanks for reading.
[UPDATED] Oct 11, 2012 1:36:56 PM
Oct 11, 2012 by goukijones
Ono teasing NEW PLAYABLE game at New York Comic-con.
Trending Video Games
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox One
- Knights Contract
- Fallout 76
- King of Fighters 98
- Halo: Infinite
- Halo Wars 2
- Crackdown 3
- Marvel's Avengers
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure