News: Wakfu preview and info for the closed beta starting soon
Wakfu is an online MMORPG turn based strategy game. Similar to the likes of Final Fantasy Tactics and is based off of an Anime. If you don't know anything about this game, here is a quick tutorial. The closed beta starts soon.
First of all it's a Square Enix game. Published only. A company called Ankama Studio is developing the game. The game looks like a slightly more colorful version of Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm just learning about this game today so bare with me.
I love Tactical RPG's. Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favorite games of all time. With Tactics Ogre only being on the PSP, there is no way I'm gonna play that. So now we have another option. An option that has 14 unique class styles and hundreds of different spells. This is looking like the Pokemon of Tactical MMORPG's. Some the character classes include: The Masqueraiders-Lunatic Soldier(sounds bad ass), Enutrof's Fingers-Treasure Hunters, and Sadida's Shoe-Plant Summoners. All very, very cool stuff.
Here's some of the cool things from the leveling up system:
- Kick-Ass: which determines damage done by attacks made from behind
- Each time a character gains a level, he gets 5 Aptitude points which can be split as you like amongst a list of 20 Aptitudes.
- Each class has access to 15 elemental spells, spread out into 3 of the 4 existing elements: water, air, fire and earth. You will start your adventure with only three available spells, one per element.
- As the saying goes: Practice makes perfect". Therefore, the more you use an elemental spell, the more experience and power it'll gain, until it reaches level 100.
Level 100. Heard. That's exciting stuff right there. I've already registered for the closed beta and you can to. The beta will begin Jan. 31, 2011.
Wakfu closed beta registration. You gotta love that name Wakfu Jimmy.
Here's the most recent trailer. I know it looks a little cartoony, but some could say the same about FFT.
Wakfu Trailer - Coming 2011
From the Official SquareEnixWakfu Channel:
Coming early 2011, Wakfu, published by Square Enix, is a Free-to-Play Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) featuring tactical turn-based combat, vast character customization, and a deep player influenced world. Available on Windows, Mac, and Linux PC systems.
Now take a look at some of the character classes that I thought looked cool. All of the animations are very smooth and I can't imagine this game running slow on people's computers. Check out the brawling Panda ... simply bad ass.
Wakfu Classes: Cra's Range - Archers
Wakfu Classes: Pandawa's Pint - Sherpa Warriors
Wakfu Classes: Xelor's Sandglass - Temporal Magi
If you're interested and want to play, sign-up for the closed beta today. Leave a comment on this story and we will PWN this. Thanks for reading.
The Rogue Ruse - Masters of Illusion
Trending Video Games
- Halo: Infinite
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Alice Madness Returns
- Remember Me
- Fallout 76
- Crackdown 3
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Marvel's Avengers
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Last Survivor