By: cinderkin Mar 19, 2013 | 1 Comments
Humble Bundle is offering Bastion for as low as $1 this week only. Pay what you want get the game.
Pay what you want for Bastion and support charity. Completely DRM-free.
Works with Windows, Mac, and Linux. DRM-free + Steam.
Humble Bundle is a great way to score great games for really cheap. This weekly deal is something new that they are trying out.
The action-RPG Bastion won over the gaming public with its incredible attention to every detail—from the tight combat controls, to the inspired, narrator-driven storytelling in a novel, post-apocalyptic fantasy world. Players take on the role of the Kid, entrusted with the thankless task of restoring the world after a disastrous calamity. With a none-too-small arsenal of stylized weapons, jaw-dropping art, and amazing music, Bastion truly deserves its reputation as a must-play indie game by Supergiant Games.
Spend $1 or more
Bastion Steam + DRM Free
- Unlock Bastion on Steam
- Works on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Includes DRM-free downloads
Beat the average
$2.63 or more
- Digital Soundtrack (MP3/FLAC)
- Bastion Digital Art Pack
- Bastion Sheet Music
- Bastion iPhone/Android Ringtones
$25 or more
- Bastion Bandana
- Bastion Original Soundtrack CD
- Bastion Postcard
- Transistor Postcard (Supergiant's Next Game!)
- Includes Worldwide Shipping
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Nov 16, 2010 | 13 Comments
EBGames.com and Gamestop.com says that if you purchase the collector's edition for $69.99 you will be able to download two playable DLC Characters — Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine.
We are all ready to get our hands on Marvel vs Capcom 3. Most of us have been waiting 10 years to do so. With Marvel vs Capcom 3 just around the corner, I've been checking up on it as much as possible. It seems that EBGames.com and Gamestop.com have the first collectors edition of the game available for pre order. With a price tag of $69.99 that is solid deal. Seeing as every new collectors edition nowadays cost $99.99!
The best part is that the collectors edition comes with 2 downloadable characters Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath! Now I can have my complete Resident Evil Team (Chris, Wesker, and Jill)
Check out what will be in the collectors edition below.
• Steelbook case featuring exclusive art work.
• Comic/Art book- A 12-page prologue comic, written by Marvel writer Frank Tieri, plus campaign art and a curated selection of fan art.
• 1-month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics, providing unlimited online access to Marvel content.
• People who pre-order through GameStop will receive MvC3 console decals created by Fathead. Also, character cards with a move list and descriptions.
Is anyone going to grab this collectors edition? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Gamespot recently held a single elimination best of 3 rounds tournament in conjunction with Capcom. They posted a video showing some of the highlights as well as an interview with Seth Killian. Check it out!
Will anyone agree with me that the announcer has to go? There is already a ton of vocal work going on during the match, the last thing I need is some chick yelling at me while I play. Other than that, this game looks amazing! Look out for the Gouki.com Marvel vs Capcom 3 tournament soon. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin May 23, 2011 | 7 Comments
Gamestop is taking pre-orders for a Replica of the Retro Lancer weapon from Gears of War 3. Check the details to find out how you can get a $20 discount on it.
Dubbed the Retro Lancer during the Lambent Invasion, the Pendulum Wars Lancer Assault Rifle was the preceding model to the Lancer Assault Rifle. Used primarily in the Pendulum Wars as the COG soldier’s primary choice weapon, it was abandoned about a year after Emergence Day because the weapon was ineffective to the Locust Horde’s fighting tactics. However, following the Sinking of Jacinto when supplies started becoming sparse, the Retro Lancer started cropping up in fighting forces once again.
The NECA Retro Lancer replica will cost you $99.99 on its own or $20 off with the Gears of War 3 standard, Collector's and Epic Editions. Gears of War 3 is out on 20th September, 2011. Details:
- Created from the actual 3D data used by Epic Games in the Gears of War 3 video game
- Over 3.5 Feet in Length
- Trigger Activates Machine Gun Sound Effect
- Hand Painted with weathered and battle worn detail
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Microsoft delays it's biggest title of 2011.
Microsoft has announced that they have delayed the highly anticapted Gears of War 3.
Microsoft has stated that: "The teams at Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the title for release in the spring of 2011, However, we've elected to move the launch of Gears of War 3 until fall 2011 to make it the marquee title for the holiday season."
Sounds to me like Microsoft is just in it for the money and they don't care who they piss off.
How do you feel about this delay? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Are You Ready? Then Let's Get It On!
It’s time to bring the pain with some MMA.
It’s hard not to compare EA Sports MMA to the UFC games, but it’s inevitable. They are both good games in their own right, but how good is MMA? EA has out done themselves with MMA, great gameplay, great game modes, great features, and an online system that actually works. Is this game perfect? MMA is a great game, but there are still things that hold it back from being the number 1 contender of the Mixed Martial Arts genre. Find out why down below.
EA MMA has a career mode that is almost the exact opposite of UFC’s game. There are a few similarities, such as creating a fighter, choosing their gear, and celebration victories. MMA, however, has a ton of options that UFC didn’t have. Things like photo game face, which allows you to put your face into the game, character entrances, the ability to have your full name called out instead of just hearing a nickname. Speaking of nicknames EA MMA has well over 100 nicknames to choose from, including my new personal favorite “Too Lazy to Pick a Name”. It is pretty sweet hearing the announcer call out my full name when I dominate my opponent. It’s something that I would have liked to see in the UFC game. When it comes to actually playing through career mode, MMA stands out. Instead of feeling like you’re grinding to make your fighter better, with a boring schedule of train, rest, train, rest, fight. MMA legend Bas Rutten has you on an eight week training schedule, that doesn’t have you micro managing your fighter’s stats. Instead what you are given is the ability to choose what you want to train, and then you actually perform the training regimen in real time. Not only does this help keep the career from feeling like a chore, it also helps teach the games fundamentals.
When it comes to learning new moves for your fighter, you have the ability to travel around the world to train with some of the best gyms in the world. All Ranging from gyms in Brazil, Japan, Thailand, England, and even Randy Coture’s gym Extreme Couture, and more. Each fight is chosen for you by Bas Rutten, which at first seems a little boring, but each fight really tests your skills that you’ve learned during training. You chose which leagues you want to start in, and as you climb up the ladder to earn a title shot. Once you acquire the belt, you then have a choice between two more leagues to fight in. The beauty of this is that you’re not just fighting in the same league with the same rules. EA MMA gives you the chance to travel the world and experience mixed martial arts in a whole new way.
EA Sports MMA offers gameplay similar to EA’s Fight Night series, where you control your fighter’s strikes with the right analog stick. MMA calls this Total Strike Control, where your punches and kicks are all tailored to the right stick. At first it may seem confusing to most people, but with a little practice the controls become easy and fluid. Every strike feels like the real thing, every slam, takedown, and submission has a realistic feel to it. For those who prefer to use buttons to strike and grapple, the game has a button configuration for you. Speaking of buttons, with the default control setup you achieve takedowns, submissions, clinches, and reversals with the face buttons. It sounds simple, but EA Sports has managed to take the button mashing out of the game, and give you gameplay that takes having an actual strategy.
When it comes to applying submissions in this game, you have to press a button while making sure you don’t drain your stamina. What this gives you is a sort of chess match style play with your opponent, rather than seeing who can mash the buttons or spin the stick faster. At the end of the day, you won’t have blisters and bruises in your hands. Which is a great thing because the clock in this game isn’t accelerated, you are in the ring for the full 15 minutes.
Another big thing that I enjoyed with this game is that you don’t just fight with the same rules every time. EA MMA has delved further into the sport of mixed martial arts with rules from Japan, Brazil, and even Europe. What you get is a whole new appreciation for the sport. It’s also fun to go to Japan and have the right to soccer kick your opponent in the face while he is down, which is against the rules here in the US.
Overall the gameplay is solid, but it may be difficult to pick up at first. Making the UFC game a better choice for the casual gamer.
The audio work in MMA is pretty good. With your rock, metal, and hip-hop tunes that complement the sport itself. The commentary is done by the legend Mauro Ranallo and Frank Shamrock, which is pretty good for the most part. The major problem with it is that sometimes they state the obvious way too much. “He went for a kick. He threw a hard punch.” Not as bad as that, but you get the picture. Bas Rutten on the other hand offers a great voice over performance, and actually gets you into the sport of MMA.
The game looks great, but suffers from some bland looking fighters at certain moments. What is done well is that with every strike, every block, and even grapple you can see the muscles in the fighters tense up. A big problem though is that while there is blood in the game, you can go a full 15 minutes of a fight and barely see any of it. Whether the blood is on the mat or on the fighter. To be honest I find that a little disappointing. Not to mention there is no between the rounds corner cam to even see if you’ve damaged your opponent. Not too sure about the decision to do that. What I did find weird though is that during the replays I when the fighters look their best. It’s odd that the fighters don’t look as good throughout the entire fight.
This is where MMA really shines. Online play in the last UFC game wasn’t good at all. It barely worked and when it did the match would disconnect before they really got started. In MMA you don’t have to worry about that. The best mode so far would be the EA Sports Live Broadcast, where you get to watch real fights streamed live with actual commentary. What makes Live Broadcast so cool is that it’s allows the users to make their own hype videos and post them online. If they make a video that is cool enough or gets enough votes, EA will choose that person to participate in a Live Broadcast where they will fight real people in front of a real audience and win real prizes. It’s a really cool feature and I’m looking forward to seeing if it can take off.
With its great online play, good variety of modes, fun gameplay, and innovative methods of presentation EA Sports MMA is a sure fire pick for the hardcore fans. If you didn’t pick up the last UFC game and are looking for a fun mixed martial arts title with a lot of potential, MMA is for you. I usually don’t recommend buying EA Sports titles as they will have a new one every year, but MMA gets the job done for its first time in the Cage.
BOTTOM LINE: BUY IT!
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
A really bad game is getting released on the PS Vita later this year. Not sure why? Check it out.
Disney has confirmed that Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two will be coming to the PS Vita later this year. It will allow you to run around with the famous mouse and friend Oswald wherever you go, with touchscreen controls and wifi co-op.
This game got really bad reviews in which it even cause the studio that made it to close down. So it's currently unsure who will be developing this port.
Disney UK tweeted the box art image posted below. No word on whether the game will make it to the US.
This game really was awful so I'm unsure how I feel about a Vita release. What are your thoughts about this game? Have you played the console version? Are you excited about the Vita version? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
Feel like knocking someones block off? Well EA Sports has just released the Fight Night Champion Demo for those wanting to get a sneak peak at the game. Check it out!
Fight Night Champion hits stores March 01, 2011. To download the demo for xbox 360 click here. Also check out the new trailer of the game below.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Get your sticks for cheap!
MarkMan mentioned that the GameShark Store is running another set of deals for Mad Catz FightSticks and Pads from Sept. 28 through Oct. 6, including 20% off the new Chun-Li TE FightStick.
There's also an offer for $50 off the Round 2 Tournament Edition FightSticks, which includes free ground shipping.
Lastly, Amazon.com, has the Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom FightStick marked down to $38.19, also with free shipping. This is over 50% off the suggested retail price.
Week of June 11th, 2013 PSN store update. Deals and Sales for ya Jimmy!
PS3 Full Game
The Last of Us($59.99) (Releases 12:01 AM PST on 6/14) Abandoned cities reclaimed by nature. A population decimated by a modern plague. Survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US.
Aliens: Colonial Marines($39.99) In partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products and developed by critically acclaimed studio Gearbox Software, Aliens: Colonial Marines will bring new levels of bone-chilling suspense and adrenaline-filled action to the renowned franchise. The game pits players against the universe’s ultimate alien killing machines, the Xenomorphs, in claustrophobic environments guaranteed to produce blood curdling thrills.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 ($19.99) The follow-up to the 2010 hit title, FINAL FANTASY® XIII. Set a few years after Lightning and the others saved Cocoon, some survivors have decided to start over by rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning, however, is nowhere to be found and considered dead by some, but Serah believes otherwise. When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters, a mysterious man named Noel appears to save her. Together, the two set off to find Lightning…Read full story...
By: Cinderkin Sep 9, 2010 | 2 Comments
Don't be a Jimmy! Save on these Deals! NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM SEPT. 9 - SEPT. 14, 2010!
9/9 - 9/14: Mad Catz Sale - 20-30% FightSticks + $100 F/S Round 2 TE!
NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM SEPT. 9 - SEPT. 14, 2010!
ALSO NOTE, ONLY ONE COUPON CODE CAN BE USED AT A TIME! IF YOU WANT TO GET A DISCOUNT ON BOTH A SUPER STREET FIGHTER ORDER AND/OR A REGULAR TE STICK ORDER, FIGHTPAD/SE FIGHTSTICK YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE SEPARATE ORDERS!
This weekend, Mad Catz (MarkMan) will be wandering around Universal Studios in Hollywood for the World Cyber Games US Qualifiers ! We are supporting the competitive gaming scene and want to see America's hopefuls do well for the grand finals later this month!
We're also running a special deal to commemorate our partnership with Super Battle Opera Qualifiers! Right now on our GameShark Store, take advantage of 20-30% off all fighting game related products! Use coupon code SUPERWCG (case sensitive) for 20% off all new Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightSticks and FightPads (excludes the NEW Chun-Li TE "S")! Use coupon code WCGUSA for even more savings with 30% off all fighting game related products (excluding parts & Super SFIV products).
Also to celebrate the weekend, the GameShark store has another deal for Fighting Game fans! By using coupon code ROUND2 you save $50 on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 models of the Street Fighter IV ROUND 2 Arcade TE FightSticks! We're also throwing in FREE GROUND SHIPPING! Don't miss out on your chance to own one of these highly regarded, award-winning SFIV controllers!
These promos expire end of day Tuesday, Sept. 14th!
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and twitter for more deals & promotions in the future!
Also follow MarkMan on twitter for a chance to get some free swag (shirts, sticks, keychains + more) while at the event!
Hello everyone! MarkMan here with another discount for the gaming community <3 !
There will be another special Mad Catz Store ( http://store.gameshark.com ) promotion going on this week/weekend!
We will be doing 20-30% off certain products!
The 20%* OFF Super Street Fighter IV includes the following... CODE = SUPERWCG
The 30%* OFF** product list includes the following... CODE = WCGUSA
- Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Arcade FightStick for Wii
- MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for Xbox 360
- Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
- Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick (Standard Edition) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
- Street Fighter IV FightPad (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
- Street Fighter IV "Round 2" FightPad for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
The $50* OFF** & INCLUDES FREE GROUND SHIPPING! ... CODE = ROUND2
- Street Fighter IV "Round 2" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE our NEW range of Mad Catz FightStick Parts. Currently we have dust cover sets (with the arrowed design) and bezels for the Tournament Edition sticks. With MORE to come!
- FightStick Parts - Dust Cover Set (13 different colors)
- FightStick Parts - Bezel (13 different colors)
- Sanwa JLF Joystick (Pre-Order)
- Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons (Pre-Order)
- Sanwa OBSF-24 Pushbuttons (Pre-Order)
Here are some shots of what the parts look like on a stick...
Also NEW to our web store is the LIMITED EDITION shirt inspired by legendary fighting game player, Daigo "THE BEAST" Umehara...
- Team Mad Catz T-Shirt (Available in S, M, L, XL, 2XL)
For a shirt size chart, please reference this link.
* Offer available to continental US residents only (Sorry International buyers! Plan ahead and see if a US buddy can help you with this deal)!
** Deal not valid for Super Street Fighter IV Products
THIS DEAL IS LIVE NOW!!!
ALSO! Sign up for our GameShark Newsletter! Receive the latest updates on all our sales/promos! Signing up for the newsletter will get you 10% off the new Chun-Li TE "S" (or your first purchase) !
Trending Video Games
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
- AEW Fight Forever
- Marvel's Midnight Suns
- Gotham Knights
- Fatal Fury Garou
- Street Fighter 6
- Saints Row
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3 Movie