By: Arthvader Jan 20, 2013 | 4 Comments | Updated: Jan 21, 2013
Goukijones, Batrasterd, and I take on Pete the Invincible using a glitch to our advantage.
On Wednesday, January 16, Goukijones, Batrasterd, and I went and took on the raid boss of Mr. Tourge's Campaign of Carnage, Pete the Invincible. During the course of this particular fight, though, we ended up getting Pete into a spot where he essentially got stuck, allowing us to defeat him without much issue.Read full story...
By: Arthvader Apr 17, 2012 | 5 Comments
My thoughts on what I believe to be an awesome game. Achievements will be explained as well, and learn how to unlock the 10th color palette.
It's been almost a week since I've bought Skullgirls, and I have to say, I'm very impressed with how this game. For days I've been playing this game, getting to know more about the cast of characters, as well as knowing how the mechanics of the game works. To me, if feels like a mix of multiple fighting games, such as street fighter, the marvel vs. series, and the guilty gear series, all rolled up into one game. The roster is very unique, ranging from a grappler character that has a hat with giant arms, to a character that was based around 40s' or 50s' cartoons, to even a character that is pretty much an mixture of the entire cast.
Of the current roster, I have to say my favorite, and the one I'm planning to use the most, is none other than Valentine. Other than being a nurse, she is also a ninja. Plus, she reminds me of a lot of ninja characters I played with on other fighters, especially Chipp Zanuff from the Guilty Gear series, which is just about the reason why I immediately went ahead and started practicing with her. She has some very useful setups and moves, such as her poisons, which can cause passive damage, increase hit stun, or even cause input lag, a dash more similar to Chipp Zanuff's Alpha blade, to even a body bag Izuna Drop. The one thing that I could say about her that is even more unique is the ability to revive a dead teammate. This is a very useful technique, even if i need to save up a full set of meter.
I really do like the music that was put into the game. It was composed by none other than Michiru Yamane, the same person who composed the music for the majority of the Castlevania series, from Symphony of the Night and onward. At the same time, I really also like the art style used by Alex Ahab in this game. It gives off the vibe of an original, dark, deco world that I could appreciate.
And now, on to the Achievement Explanations:
- Sküllgirls - Graduation day has arrived at last! Mrs. Victoria's so proud of you
- How to unlock: This is unlocked by clearing the entire tutorial mode under training. pretty much self-explanatory.
- Treads of Fate - Follow all threads of fate to their inevitable conclusions.
- How to unlock: Pretty much self-explanatory as well. this will unlock as soon as you completed everyone's story mode. Do note that you'll gave to complete Filia, Cerebella, Ms. Fortune, Parasol, Painwheel, and Peackock's story to unlock Valentine's Story, and then beat Valentine's story to unlock Double's. Finish Double's Story to unlock the achievement.
- An Ensembled Cast - There may be no I in "team," but there is in "variety."
- How to unlock: this one requires setting up alot of custom assists. on the character select screen, when you select teams, after picking a character, you will be asked to pick an assist. select the third option, and make your own assist. it will take a while until the achievement unlocks. some people reported getting this achievement after anywhere between 7 - 50+ matches.
- Prolox - Words are fun - expand your vocabulary
- How to unlock: as you finish combos, you may notice a word under the number. There is a word for each number, and you will need to get around 60 - 80 words for this achievement to unlock.
- Real Circus Damage - And now, for the main attraction... Grappling!
- How to unlock: This is a character specific achievement involving Cerebella. the objective is to perform at least a total of 50 of her throws (regular, special, super). It doesn't need to be done in one match, as it keeps track of your overall progress.
- The Kitchen Sink - Throw everything at them, including...
How to unlock: This is Peacock's character specific achievement. to unlock this achievement, you will have to use her qcb+P move to drop all the object that she could drop. there are three tiers of items that could fall, depend on how long you hold the button in. Here's the list of the items she needs to drop:
No Charge Objects:
- Medicine Bottle
- Tea Cup
- Bowling Ball
- Flower Jar
- Bag of sand
1 ! Charge Objects:
- Spike Ball
- Yukkuri! (Animated head with Japanese speech bubble)
- Peacock Friend 1
- Peacock Friend 2
- Barrel (With turkey inside)
2 !! Charge Objects:
- Spike Balls Barrage
- Easter Island Moai
- Golden Monster Fridge
- Steam Roller
- No Charge Objects:
- Instant Hair Dash - Let your parasite feel the wind between his tendrils.
- How to unlock: This is Filia's character specific achievement. what you have to do is air-dash cancel out of her attacks around 60 times overall. pretty basic.
- Good Hunting, Commander - A good commander knows how to wield her forces effectively.
How to unlock: This is Parasol's character specific achievement. Your objective is to call on her egrets a total of 100 times, It doesn't matter which one you do, as it will all accumulate towards the achievement. here are the three commands:
- Egret Call (Hold Back, then press Forward + Light Kick)
- Egret Dive (Hold Back, then press Forward + Medium Kick)
- Egret Charge (Hold Back, then press Forward + Heavy Kick)
- Getting A Head In The Game - Sometimes you just need to relax and take the weight off your shoulders.
- How to unlock: This is Ms. Fortune's character specific achievement. All you have to do is have Ms. Fortune take her head off for a total of around a hour. this is accumulative across all matches. to take her head off, use her QCB + P move. If she was interrupted in the middle of her s.MP, s.HP, or c.HP, then her head will drop as well.
- Medical Board Will Be Notified - Your opponents aren't the only ones under the knife
- How to unlock: This is Valentine's character specific achievement. You will have to use her lvl. 5 super move (Forbidden Procedure: Rebirth Ex Machina) to revive your teammate, as well as hit your opponent at the exact same time, around 30 times. The command for the move is this: QCB + ( (MP + MK) or (HP + HK) )
- My Pain Will Be Visited Upon You - Sometimes you can take it, and sometimes you want to lash out.
- How to unlock: This is Painwheel's character specific achievement. the objective is to deal out alot of damage using Painwheel's Lvl.3 super (Hatred Install). By activating Hatred Install (QCB + PP), Painwheel will be able to perform counter attacks whenever she gets hit. the easiest way to get this achievement (at least the was I did it) was against Cerebella. With Cerebella, have her activate the Lvl. 3 super Diamonds are Forever (QCB + PP). Have Painwheel stay a distance from cerebella when she put her hand on the ground for the super. Painwheel, already with Hatred Install activated, have Painwheel charge s.HP. if timed right, Painwheel would have asorbed the stronger part of Cerbella's super, and inflict a lot of damage. Follow it up immediately with Painwheel's Lvl.1 super Death Crawl (QBF +PP), and the achievement would have unlocked after you deal enough damage.
- Toil and Trouble - A sesquidecemvir of seven simulacra synergizing simultaneously
How to unlock: despite the wierdness of the achievement description, this is Double's character specific achievement. What you need to do is pull of a combo that involves transforming into the entire cast. Here's a simple combo that can be done in the corner:
j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
- transformations in order in combo: Painwheel, Filia, Peacock, Cerebella, Parasol, Ms. Fortune, Valentine
- j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
Before I go, I would like to mention how to unlock the four extra color palettes. here they are in order:
- 7th color: Finish story mode (have to do it with each character for this color)
- 8th color: Finish Arcade mode (Just like with the the 7th color, you will have to clear it with each character to unlock this color. the good news: if you play arcade mode with a team, then all the characters that was on the team will have this color unlocked as well.)
- 9th color: Win 25-30 Versus matches (online or offline, or both combined) you will have to do this with each character for this color as well
- 10th color: This requires an old-school fighting game code. in the main menu, choose local versus. when you are on the controller screen (where you select what side you want to be on), Input this code: for the 360: Down, RB, Left, LB, Y, B. For the PS3: Down, R1, Left, L1, Square, X. you should see the message (New color palette available) appear. this will unlock the 10th color for the entire cast. Do note that the old-school code I'm relating to is the Same Character code that was used on Street Fighter II back on the SNES.
Tell me what you think of this story and guide? Vote, and leave your comments in the bottom. Don't be a Jimmy!!
Other Stories done by me:
A list of what's to come this week on Xbox Live.
A new week, a brand new set of deals. Let's see what out this week on Xbox Live:Read full story...
By: Arthvader Nov 19, 2014 | 4 Comments
A series of 7 highlight videos from Mario Kart 8.
Welcome to what I would probably call the Mario Kart 8 HIghlight Reels segment. Here, I will post a series of Highlights that I uploaded through the Mario Kart TV feature within Mario Kart 8. for each video, I'll mark the upload date, the track, as well as the featured racers and their character/vehicle combinations. I'll also make a quick comment below each video. For now, I'll like to start off by showing my first 7 uploads, ranging from June, all the way to September. I hope you enjoy these videos:Read full story...
By: Arthvader Sep 11, 2011 | 4 Comments
My[Arthvader] preview for The King of Fighters XIII. An in-depth look at the most important reasons why Arthvader is hype for KOF13.
With The King of Fighters XIII coming this November, I'm soo hyped up for this game. I've been a fan of the series since 94, and from the looks of it, I'm sure it'll be one of the best one yet. Here's the trailer:
The story takes place after the event's of KoF XI. Ash Crimson has just recently managed to claim two of the three power held by the decedents of those who sealed the Orochi 1,800 years ago (Chizuru Kagura and Iori Yagami), while leaving Kyo Kusanagai to be his final victim. As Elisabeth Blanctorche, a former comrade of Ash, prepares to stop him, fighters from around the world received a letter with an invitation to another King of Fighters tournament tournament, in which it's be hosted by a person being simply labeled as "R". This person is Rose, the sponsor of the tournament, who is currently being controlled by "Those from the Past", the organization behind the two previously held tournaments that has been trying to break the seal of the Orochi.
Let's talk modes first. The game will have the following modes: Story, Practice, Challenge, Customize, Tutorial, Replay, Gallery, and Online.
In the Story mode, you can view events from the perspective of multiple characters, and it will be influenced by the decisions you make, as well as your battle results. when it comes to battling the CPU in the story mode, you'll be given random objectives, or Target Actions, which when completed, will give you bonus points, as well as some bonuses for the next round. Also, pre-battle dialog will be shown during the single player mode.
With the Tutorial mode, newcomers will be able to learn the basics of the game. the tournament sponsor Rose will explain the basic controls of each character, as well as the importance of each gauge.
The Challenge mode will consist of three modes within itself: Survival, where you fight for as long as you can, Time Attack, Where you pretty much just play through the game for the fastest time, and Trial, which you perform various combos with each character.
The Replay mode is where you can view replays of matches you saved after battles. I don't know yet if you can watch replays with friends yet.
The Gallery is, well, it's self explanatory. in this mode, you can view various pieces of art done by the staff.
Another neat feature for this game is the fact that you can customize the character's colors to whatever you want. Sure, at first, there won't be as many colors available at first, but as you keep playing the game, more colors will be available, allowing for unlimited customizations. the best part is, you can use those customizations in online play.
The next thing I'll mention is gameplay changes. First of all, the following gameplay mechanics from the previous game were removed for this game: the Critical Counter system, the the Clash system, and the dynamic, zooming camera. In the place of these mechanics, the following systems and changes has been added:
- The EX Mode: Players will be able to use powerful version if their moves for the cost of one meter for EX Desperation Moves, and two meters for EX Super Desperation Moves.
- The Triple Cancel: this mechanic allows players to unlimitedly cancel their character's moves. the Triple Cancel is dependent on the Hyper Drive Gauge.
- The Hyper Drive Gauge: A three-tier gauge which will gradually drain as player cancel the moves. Whenever the the gauge reaches the max, the player will then go into a state called "Hyper Drive Mode" in which players will be able to cancel unlimitedly for a short amount of time.
- Neo Max Desperation Move: whenever the player is in the "Hyper Drive Mode" while having at least three power stocks, they'll be able to pull off this powerful technique. Players can also link this move into a combo, in which you'll do a "Max Cancel".
All I have to say is this, the songs in this game are soo totally badass. Instead of having generic songs for the stages, we get back songs for each team. Not only that, each team's theme, in my opinion, sounds like it belongs with them. Listen to Team Japan's theme here, and see for yourself:
As you can see from the image above, you can tell that the game improves on the graphics. The game will feature a total of at least 8 new hand-drawn stages, while returning stages from the previous game will get a visual upgrade. each characters themselves will have at least 20 different colors to choose from, all of which looks really nice, while some characters might have head swaps (Raiden & Takuma, I'm looking at you), and if the twenty colors aren't enough, you can use your own customized colors (I explained customization mode in the gameplay section of the preview.)
Final Verdict: HYPED!!!
Even though the game won't be out just yet, I'd say BUY IT!!!!!
Also, pre-order this game to get a special 4-disk set consisting of KoF music spanning the whole franchise.
Before I go, here's some videoes of high level KoF XIII players (I found these on iplaywinner's youtube page):
Read full story...
Special Package from Gouki.com. What could be inside...?
First of all, I have to say thank you, goukijones, for sending me this sweet package from PAX 2012. This package arrived about a week ago.
When I opened the package, at first, What I saw was a Magic the Gathering bag. when I open the bag to start taking the stuff out, I saw yet another bag (same one, mind you), and was able to get the swag out of that bag. First of all, I definitely like the borderlands 2 shirt. now i have 3 different types of them (Crimson Raider, Skag crossing, and this new one). I also like the Injustice headband, which goes well with the Injustice T-Shirt that I got from the E3 swag bag. The Batman Arkham City concept art book was a nice adition to my collection (liked the game, of course). One of the more interesting things I saw within the package were some Magic the Gathering items, such as a coloring book w/ crayons for it, as well as a 30-card Red Planeswalker deck (I was kinda hoping for the blue deck, but after looking at the cards in the red deck, and learned how to play it, I was satisfied with the Red Deck). I've also noticed that I got some things that i already got from the E3 swag (mainly, the Ninteno Power issue). Among the rest of the swag (Halo Patch, Skullgirls Tattoo, PAX '12 Guide, Lanyards), laid a hidden game within the package. That game was Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen for the Xbox 360. I was surprised when I saw this game. I remembered playing the demo to it and had alot of fun in the multiplayer, destroying the opposition with Iron Hide in the train yard map. I was still surprised to see that there are some people who to this day, still play the multiplayer in it. I can expect to see this as a game I would go play around from time to time, destroying everyone for the fun of it. I will also at some point start playing the single player campaign, just so i could get more characters for multiplayer.
Once again, thank you, Gouki.com, for sending me this sweet package.
Other Stories Posted by me:
By: Arthvader Nov 27, 2012 | 1 Comments
Time to begin a new week of Arthvader Fights on Third Strike. Today's choice character: Akuma, aka... Gouki.
Welcome again to another installment of Arthvader Fights, where I post up my most recent ranked matches. This time around, I've decided to use Akuma as my choice of character. I do hope you enjoy watching these matches as much as I had in fighting in them.
These Matches were fought on and uploaded on 11-27-2012Read full story...
By: Arthvader Dec 17, 2012 | 1 Comments
I'm back with more matches from Third Strike. Today's Character Feature: Chun-Li.
Welcome once again to another installment of Arthvader Fights. As you may all know, this is where I put up some of my more recent ranked matches that I have fought on. This time around, I've decided to go ahead and use Chun-Li again. Just like Remy, I've been using Chun-Li for a long time now. In fact, I've been using her since back in the SFII days, and I'm still rocking with her. I do hope you enjoy watching these matches as I had in fighting in them.
These matches were fought on and uploaded on 12-17-2012.Read full story...
By: Arthvader Aug 27, 2011 | 2 Comments
Halo: Reach to be patched with new balance, and an old friend!!
At PAX's Halo-Fest, 343 Industries announced that a title update will be heading to Halo: Reach, changing some of the balance of the games's weapons and armor abilities.
First up, Armor Lock:
It looks as if the Armor lock ability will be nerfed quite a bit. first of all, plasma grenades will no longer detach from the player if they use armor lock. This I feel should be necessary because This is one of the abilities that I hated to deal with the most. Also, The duration of armor lock will now be based on how much energy a player has instead of a set time, effectively diminishing it's usefulness.
Next up on the list: Active Camo:
All they are going to do is shorten the amount of time you are in Active Camo mode. I don't know if this could be a good thing, or a bad thing.
and now, other balance changes:
Players will no longer block another players sword with any other weapons except for another sword. To me, this makes if feel more like classic Halo mechanic, seeing as how in Halo 2 and Halo 3, you couldn't block the sword with anything but the sword.
Players will also be able to change their reticule's "bloom", allowing for increased accuracy during rapid firing. To be honest, I could welcome this inclusion.
A shield bleed-through effect will be included in the update, meaning that any damage that takes out the last portion of your shield can be carried over to your health.
The last update is for those who like the magnum in Combat Evolved. the magnum will get a boost in it's power, being one step closer to it's original power. This is one of the best things I've heard for reach in a long time. Sure, the magnum is good as it is now in Reach, but with this upcoming update, It's probably going to be the go to gun, perhaps more than the DMR.
The update will kick in starting in October.
Leave your comments in the bottom, and don't be a Jimmy!!
By: Arthvader Feb 28, 2012 | 3 Comments
One of them is a trap. the other... well he uses a sword and has way too many costume changes. Find out why I would use these two as a team.
Once again, I managed to find another possible team to use. This time, I'll be talking about these two particular fighters:
Poison from Final Fight & Yoshimitsu from TekkenRead full story...
By: Arthvader Aug 14, 2013 | 1 Comments
After 5 months, Arthvader Fights is back with more matches in Darkstalkers 3.
It's been over 5 months since I last did one of these. Welcome everyone to another Installment of Arthvader Fights. Here, we will find ourselves in a series of Ranked matches that I was involved in when I was playing Darkstalkers 3. In this installment, I pretty much sticked to Hsien-Ko, B.B. Hood, And J. Talbain, while pretty much only fighting two different opponents (game seems dead online, hoping that I can find more opponents for next time). I do hope you enjoy watching these Matches as much as I have in playing in them.
These Fights took place and uploaded on 8-13-2013:Read full story...
By: Arthvader Dec 27, 2012 | 3 Comments
Maximilian (of Assist Me fame) has uploaded his latest episode of his 3rd Strike the Online Warrior. Be on the lookout in this episode for a match between me and Max.
Here's the Video:
Read full story...
Trending Video Games
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Borderlands 3
- Rage 2
- Street Fighter V
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Borderlands 2
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Fallout 76
- Crackdown 3
- Mortal Kombat 11