An opinion on who are in the top 5 and why.
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been out for a good enough time to see who are the extremely powerful and well-rounded characters. I've been thinking, if there was a tier list, who would be in the top 5? I came up with a list, but it is in no particular order. I feel that these 5 characters are all pretty close to each other in some way, being able to tear each other apart X-Factor or not. I'll be going over the strengths that lead me to believe they are the best and the few weaknesses. Keep in mind it is an opinion and I'd love to hear what you have to think about it.
- Best Teleport in the game. Basically instant, can use in 3 directions on ground and air.
- Amazing fireball game. Can be used as offensive, mix-ups with teleport and extremely annoying keep-away with her H fireball in flight mode.
- Her Trap is powerful and annoying. It moves fast, can have more than one out and it can set up for combos and mix-ups with the teleport.
- Great physical combos including her own in air re-launch combo and a overhead you can combo in and out of!
- Has flight mode
- Amazing Supers. Phoenix Rage has great priority, travels full screen at a fast speed and causes wall bounce for DHC combos or Trap combos. Healing Sphere helps desperately with regaining the load of damage she takes from chip. (Red Life)
- Dark Phoenix (Dying with 5 meters) increases her speed and offense. Regular Phoenix is already an extremely tough character to deal with. Dark form makes all of her normals and fireballs hyper-active and extremely hard to dodge. More chip damage as well.
- Dark Phoenix mode also effects her assist, making her Tk Shot one of the best projectile assists.
- Lowest health in the game. Healing Sphere is nice but that only works when opponent is inside. Many Phoenix players die to chip damage when opponent has enough meter. Also people are so focused on Dark Phoenix, that they don't use their meter, handicapping them from finishing combos.
- One of the best rush down characters and with the right assist, it is inevitable for him to get in and open you up
- Beserker Barage, Drill claw , dive kick and Beserker slash are extremely strong, fast and great priority moves. Being able to drill claw in multi directions, cross up with Beserker slash and dive kick into combos makes wolverine extremely versatile in his offense, leaving him with few bad positions during the tides of battle.
- His hyper Fatal Claw can be done in air or ground. Wolverines BnB re-launch combo into this super EASILY does over 40% on most characters. Also his Beserker Barage X and lvl 3 Weapon X are very easy to hit-confirm into.
- Wolverine has fast normals and a very fast dash.
- Already being a in-your-face type, it is ridiculous that he has a speed-up super; Beserker Charge. It only lasts 5 seconds but helps extend combos and make him more figity and faster than before (In movement and attacks)
- Has a OTG slide, with the right assist this extends his already simple yet damaging combos even more.
- Has a wall-jump when cornered
- Wolverine has good health and some of the best offense and supers in the game. The only disadvantage he has is no projectiles. But Wolverine has so many angles and quick ways to get in, that it doesn't matter. In the end it is up to the player, but for the most part Wolverine is unstoppable.
- Has one of the best damage outputs during X-factor (And very strong without it)
- Can teleport in directions on ground and air. While in air can teleport 3 times before hitting ground.
- Has single-shot gun that does great damage and has good hit stun.
- Can create amazing mix-ups with gunshots followed by teleports and assists
- Can combo after Counter super
- OTG gunshot creates huge team combos whether he is on point or assist
- Has 3 different command grabs, 1 leads into air combo, the other OTG combo
- Great keep away game and really good normals ; can fight either way
- Has 3 counter moves that can be comboed after
- Rhino Charge into low gunshot combo is ridiculously damaging for DHC glitch
- Extremely well rounded character who has almost everything
- Similar to Wolverine, it i hard to say. He can utilize 4 different counters and 3 command grabs vs rush-down types, and can play keep away and do mix ups on projectile spammers. Where Wesker leaves himself open is the air teleports. Air Teleport L and M have slow recovery and are punishable (if your opponent can reach you)
- Aim Master is an amazing projectile. He can shoot forward, diagonal or upwards while on the ground. And in the air can shoot down (OTG leading into super), forward and diagonal. These arrows are multi-hit and very fast, also leading into hit confirm super. This makes Taskmasters keep away extremely annoying.
- Has good reach with his sword and un-bloackable combos that don't need an assist!!!
- Charging star is fast and can go through some projectiles
- Web Swing is simply insane. Taskmasters solo combos are extremely dragged out with this, and can still end in Super.
- Has a counter super and counter move (not combo-able)
- Task is another very well rounded character. Great offense, great keep away and has counters to boot.
- Arrow super is awesome for DHC due to its changed directions
- None really. The web swing is very throw-able, but people don't usually try because if you screw up, you get hit with a easy 50%+ combo. Taskmaster is one of the most solid characters.
5. TRON or ZERO?
I could have easily made a top 6, but top 5 sounds cooler, and makes me think even harder. But in the end I couldn't come to a decsision to pick Zero or Tron. Here is a look at the two, I will let the Gouki members decide. Or maybe you rather have both of them and take someone else out?
- One of the highest HP
- Ridiculous combo-ability. High damage and awesome meter building for a tank character
- Jumping S is extremely annoying and effective. Does great damage, has active frames the ENTIRE time and causes ground bounce.
- Bone Strike is a great get-in move , can be used in air and combos very well
- Has a command grab
- lvl 3 is a command grab
- Both lvl 1 supers are great for DHC and combos well into them by herself
- A long with her already godlike combos, can be extended with the right assist to nearly kill everyone in the game
- Gustaff Fire is one of the best assist in the game. Crazy invinciblity and comes out very fast.
- Her projectile is poor and her only real means of getting in are jumping S and Bone Strike. Once you get around those her mobility to decent, but she has a bigger hit box than most, so she gets bullied a bit. Smart keep away can keep her at bay.
- Zero has some of the best normals in the game. A long with great reach and priority, the Shipugga makes it so much better. Great vs super-armor characters as well.
- Charged Buster is amazing. Zero can instantly let it go at any moment, when it is lvl 3 and he is airborne, it leads into a combo.
- Has a decent SRK
- Hadangeki is a great projectile as well
- Sentsuizan is an amazing air strike that is combo-able and lightning fast. He also has a fake version, confusing opponents.
- Raikousen is another fast air combo-able move.
- His teleport makes things very tricky. It is fast and has great recovery. with the right assist you can make effective cross-ups, and in the air he can attack afterwards.
- The clone super makes his already beastly offense even more fearsome, allowing him to do extremely damaging combos. Can also 100% kill everyone(?) when used in DHC glitch with the right combos.
- One of the few lvl 3's in the game that isnt a full cinamatic, giving it better combo-ability.
- Amazing back dash and very long forward dash. Mixed in with his teleports and high prioritized multi-hit normals, his footsies are great.
- Has a OTG super.
- Like most of the people on this list. None. The only downside to playing Zero is his low HP (not as bad as Phoenix though :p)
And that is my top "5". Please add your insight to who you think should be or not be on the list, how would you alter it? I till can't decide on Tron or Zero, both of them are so beast. Or maybe you don't agree on some of the stuff ; this is opinionated. Leave a comment below and if you didn't know, my PSN is iorilamia ;D
By: iorilamia May 21, 2011 | 7 Comments
See the comparison of the in-game characters vs the actors used.
L.A Noire' big whoop are the faces. I've been playing the game and the incredibly realistic facial expressions really do enhance the experience. A few of the characters might have seemed familiar from TV shows or movies. Check out the facial comparison between the game characters and the actual actors.
Aaron Staton (From Mad Men) - Cole Phelps
Erika Heynatz (America's Next Top Model) – Elsa Lichtman
Brian Krause (Mad Men) – Grocery Store Manager
William Charlton (The Shield) – Marlon Hopgood
Michael Bofshever (Bruce Almighty) – Ivan Rasic
William O’Leary (Home Improvement) – Frank Morgan
Patrick Fischler (Oldschool) - Mickey Cohen
Andrew Connolly (Guiltrip) – Captain James Donnelly
Keith Szarabajka (The Dark Knight) – Herschel Biggs
John Nobel (Lord of the Rings and Fringe) – Leland Monroe
Adam Harrington (Dexter) – Roy Earle
Sean McGowan (End of the Spear) – Stephan Bekowsky
Jack Impellizzeri (Two guys, a girl and a Pizza Place) – Floyd Rose
Larry Clarke (The Informant) – Adrian Black
Michael McGrady (CSI:Miami) – Rusty Galloway
Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Startreck, Hollow Man)
Now these aren't all of them (L.A Noire had am impressive cast) but here are some of the more famous people in-game. They did a great job transferirng it to a game. Which are your favorites and most realistic out of all of these? Cole, Marlon, Ivan and Grocer Store guy are amazing. You can't tell in the pic but in-game Roy Earle REALLY looks like Adam Harrington. Leave a comment on what you think about these.
By: iorilamia Jun 3, 2011 | 3 Comments
Time to see what cool bonuses you get for pre-ordering the highly awaited Uncharted 3! Also info on the collectors edition.
Everyone game has pre-order deals from several places and expensive Collector Editions. Being one of PS3's most hyped exclusives, Uncharted 3 is not left out.
As you see above, you get a working Traveling Chest replica, that holds everything within the Collectors Edition. That is a stee-lbook case with the ring on it that holds the game, a full-size replica of Drake's belt and necklace (with Sir Frances Drake's Ring) and a statue of Nathan Drake. This will ocst you $99.99 Here are the pre-order bonuses from a few retailers:
GAMESTOP: Creepy Crawler Kickback.
When you score a certain amount of medals you can turn into a swarm of deadly creatures to overwhelm your opponents as long as you’ve got time left on the Kickback countdown timer. Looks like something from the mummy, godlike!
BestBuy: Regeneration Booster Unlocked Early: Speeds up healing in multiplayer.
Amazon: 1 Kickback and 2 Weapon mods
Amazon going bro-status with 3 items when you pre-order. The Carpet Bomb Kickback lets you throw out three grenades with one throw! The two gun mods allow you to increase the clip size of the guns.
Wal-Mart: Laser Sight and Weapon Mod
You get Callout Weapon Mod, which allows you to equip the AK-47 with laser sight that allows your ENTIRE TEAM to see the location of the target you are targeting. Insane?
Other places including Target, Buy.com and JR.com will award you with exclusive Uncharted 3 PSN avatar and XMB theme for pre-orders.
How does all of that sound? Out of all the pre-order deals which ones are most appealing to you? The Laser sight allowing the entire team to see an enemy from Wal-mart is CRAZY. Also the Creepy Crawler from Gamestop seems the most fun and visually scary, not sure how game-breaking it is though. It is interesting being in this era of gaming where Collectors Editions have become so popular with figurines and steel cases. Don't be a jimmy, let us know what you think.
By: iorilamia Mar 9, 2011 | 9 Comments
Once again, and again and again, Desk shows us that MVC3 is full of some pretty bad glitches, many causing timeouts.
The Zero Glitch is simple, when using Zero's shadow move while doing Sougenmu, use snapback. The enemy and the assist have to be comboed together though, and you need 2 bars. The enemy never comes out, if you have a life lead...you win by time out. With all of the glitches Desk, and Renic have been finding (with much more to come by Desk), this game is pretty broken. Like, these glitches are fairly easy to pull off, even online. Fortunately someone hasn't abused it against me yet, what do you guys think of all of this?
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/biffotasty
Deviant art user GENZOMAN is well known for his astonishing Warcraft pictures (one was even featured on the cover of GamePro Magazine)but he also has amazing Street Fighter pictures as well.
Had to share these as soon as I saw them. Definitely enjoying this art style more than most SF fanart. Besides SF and Warcraft, he has some anime and game related work. He also had loads of original stuff which is pretty awesome. Here is his Deviantart if you are interested. http://genzoman.deviantart.com/ He doesn't have a specific Capcom/SF gallery so the pics are scattered around his huge gallery ; sorry if I missed anything. He does have tons of Elena pics though.
So which ones are your favorites? Necro and Maki looked extra awesome to me. Leave a comment on what you think.
By: iorilamia Mar 22, 2011 | 7 Comments
Short pre-order promotion video from Gamestop.
Comcial pre-order comercial with a special scene between Mileena and Scorpion. I personally think her classic skin is cooler, while I enjoy Scorpions newer look more. After seeing them in motion, what do you think about them? Leave a coment below
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEBurn
Pre-Order Mortal Kombat right now and get this exclusive DLC from Gamestop.com.
By: iorilamia Feb 24, 2011 | 11 Comments
Recent interview with Yoshinori ono is looking grim...but Japan sells for Catherine are at the top of the charts!
In this weeks Famitsu Magazine with an interview with Ono , he said there are no plans for home version of AE. Ontop of that he said certain characers in AE were made strong, " having such a character helps to build community and competitive spirit" Ono says. That was followed by him saying that home ssf4 was super balanced and no character was over powered. Even though he said there is no plan for AE home, he did not disconfirm Yun,Yang, E Ryu and Oni as DLC, he just didn't comment on it. This definately seems like we will have some sort of AE character DLC, but not the character changes. Also ssf4 was a great balanced fighter...compared to other fighters, but as its own game I felt lots of unbalance issues with lower tier characters vs people that had so many ultra options, juggles and damage output. Most people agree that AE is far more balanced...or is Ono just trolling as usual?
Is this news bumming you out, leaving you with a spark of hope or is it just nonsense, leave a comment below.
Edit: Someone asked ono on twitter about consoles not getting AE DLC and he said "Over My Dead Body" or something like that. -CinderkinRead full story...
Seen Oni before but aren't exactly sure how his combos and set-ups work? Heres a nice explanation video.
Many of us have seen gameplay of Oni in ssf4 AE, but may not know every move and how they work. This video displays all his normals, specials, super and ultra along with kickass music. The video also gives sweet combo tips and tricks.
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/KurtGame
So now you know a little more about Oni, what do you think about him? A character you would like to use or not? Check out that brutal ending after he defeats Ryu o.o Leave a comment on what you think, don't be a jimmy ;D
By: iorilamia Mar 2, 2011 | 5 Comments
I'm not a fan of inFamous but this has definitely caught my eye...
inFamous 2 will have a Open-World Misson Creator. Basically you get to add in scenarios including good or bad characters with certain behaviors and a bunch of props. This user-generated feature gives you so many options that you could replicate a mission in Story-Mode with your own flare to it (defense,escort and survival). You can also modify Cole's powers to the type of mission you want.
But what makes this superior to pretty much every other game I've played with mission-creators is how you acess it. The user-created missions don't go into a save file or seperate menu...they go INTO THE SINGLE PLAYER WORLD! While in campaign just go to your mission marker and start it. In early April we will get to try this out with a limited public beta. More details will be announced March 14nth here http://www.infamousthegame.com/country-selector.html
So I wasn't a big fan of inFamous, the fightscenes in the new trailer look cool enough but this mission creator is insane. It could truly keep anyone busy for hours. It's like if LittleBigPlanet was a epic adventure-fighter game. Apparently you can even make the game into a platformer, what do you guys think of all of this? Leave your comments below :D
By: iorilamia May 13, 2011 | 2 Comments
Destructoid has taken the pleasure in creating a great video preview for Grasshopper Manufacture's upcoming game.
For the longest time all we have gotten form this game are screenshots, a few details and the videos were always short and didn't clearly show the feel of the game. Luckily over at Destructoid.com , they got to play through the first couple of levels, and created a nice video preview for all of us curious cats. Seeing this has definitely got me more interested in the game. Check out the vid below and tell us what you think. Is this something you would buy or maybe try out?
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/DTOID (They haven't uploaded part 2 yet, I will update the story when they do)
Hate it, love it, it's the best remixes you have ever heard ;D
On youtube LeeAtArms has uploaded 31 remixes of themes from video games such as Metal Slug, Street Fighter, half-life,sonic and some others (majority SF, go checkout your favorite characters theme remixed), heres a few below with a link to his youtube. The remixes have no background music, its just some guy going "baa dodododdo" but its great. I think, yea they do sound bad, but in a hilarious way, not all the songs work out too well, but a few are so damn likable, also on his free-time he takes requests and it really is nothing special, most people can do this, but we dont go and uplaod it on youtube . What do you guys think of it? "BAAA DAAA DODODODO"
The latest gaming system. No controllers. No disks. No console.
Famous youtuber Julian Smith has done plenty of comedy sketches, songs and parodies. Now he has created the "uMove". In a way poking fun at how gaming has gone to not even using controllers (xbox kinect). Has anyone here watched his older stuff or has been a fan? Leave a comment on what you think about the vid below :D
His youtube channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/juliansmith87
Trending Video Games
- Mortal Kombat 11
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Resident Evil 2 2019
- Rage 2
- Fallout 76
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Crackdown 3
- Mortal Kombat