What the hell is Heroes & Heralds mode? I need to collect Ability Cards? Is this DLC free? And is it available for PSN & XBL? I don't know the answer to any of these really, but you can check out what I posted in the story.
Read full story...
The free Heroes & Heralds mode DLC for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on PS3 and X360 is available today for download. In addition, Capcom is pleased to confirm that the Heroes & Heralds mode will be included standard in the upcoming PlayStation Vita version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. A new trailer highlighting the PS Vita-specific features is now available for download on the press site.
Heroes & Heralds is a separate mode that adds new and customizable features to online and offline gameplay. Players will choose between two factions – Heroes or Heralds– and will engage in a series of battles with the opposing side to help save the world or take it over. Gameplay in the Heroes & Heralds mode will be altered through the acquisition of Ability cards that range from basic alterations (speed boost) to game-changing, combo enhancing powers (invisibility or ability to pass through projectiles). Cards can be used in online and offline versions of the Heroes & Heralds modes as well as the training mode. Ability cards are based on classic Marvel and Capcom characters.
By: goukijones Nov 19, 2014 | 0 Comments
Recorded LIVE from GameWorks in Las Vegas, NV - 11/18/2014
By: goukijones Jan 8, 2014 | 0 Comments
Wednesday January 8, 2014 at Press Start Gaming Center in Las Vegas, NV. Featuring a full menu of games, including Melee, BlazBlue, KOF & more. Hosted by Hit Box.
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
King of Fighters 13
Killer Instinct (XB1)
*List is not final. I will update this list as more games get included.
Time: 7:30 pm Registration. Tournament starts at 8:30pm. NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED IF BRACKET STARTS RUNNING.
Where: Press Start Gaming Center
Venue Fee: $5
Tournament Entry Fee: $5/game
Ruleset: All games will follow EVO rules unless otherwise stated.
- Please bring your own controllers. PSG only has pads for Killer Instinct.
- Please be on time. Registration starts at 7:30 sharp, and the tournament for all games starts at 8:30 sharp. Do not be late.
- As per PSG rules, please do not bring any drinks into the venue. They sell drinks at the counter at a relatively low price--support the local venues! (they’re amazing)
- All those slated to bring consoles, please try to bring your consoles in no later than 7:30.
Take a look at the achievements for UMVC3!
The Ultimate 50 Unlock all achievements.
Waiting for the Trade 50 View all endings in Arcade mode.
The Best There Is 10 Beat Arcade mode on the hardest difficulty.
Saving My Quarters 10 Beat Arcade mode without using any continues
. The Points Do Matter 20 Earn 400,000 points in Arcade mode.
High-Score Hero 30 Earn 500,000 points in Arcade mode.
Missions? Possible. 20 Clear 120 missions in Mission mode
. Up To The Challenge 30 Clear 240 missions in Mission mode.
Master of Tasks 40 Clear 480 missions in Mission mode.
Above Average Joe 10 Land a Viewtiful Combo. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Mutant Master 10 Land an Uncanny Combo. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Mega Buster 20 Use 1,000 Hyper Combo Gauge bars. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Defender 10 Block 100 times. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Advancing Guardian 10 Perform 100 Advancing Guards. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
A Friend in Need 20 Perform 100 Crossover Assists. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
First Strike 10 Land 50 First Attacks. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Savage Playing 10 Perform 50 Snap Backs. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Quick Change-Up 10 Perform 50 Crossover Counters. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Perfect X-ample 10 Use X-Factor 50 times. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Gravity? Please... 10 Land 50 Team Aerial Combos. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Mighty Teamwork 10 Land 30 Team Aerial Counters. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Big Bang Theory 15 Perform 30 Hyper Combo Finishes. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Hard Corps 15 Perform 30 Crossover Combination Finishes. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Training Montage 20 Play in Offline Mode for over 5 hours.
Training in Isolation 30 Play in Offline Mode for over 30 hours.
Seductive Embrace 20 Play on Xbox LIVE for over 5 hours.
Rivals Welcome 30 Play on Xbox LIVE for over 30 hours.
Brave New World 10 Participate in any mode over Xbox LIVE.
Hellbent 20 Participate in 100 matches in Xbox LIVE.
Dreaded Opponent 20 Participate in 200 matches in Xbox LIVE.
Forged From Steel 30 Participate in 300 matches in Xbox LIVE.
Full Roster 30 Battle against all characters over Xbox LIVE
. Incredible 20 Win without calling your partners or switching out in a Xbox LIVE match.
Need a Healing Factor 20 Win without blocking in an Xbox LIVE match.
Crazy Good 10 Surpass the rank of Fighter.
Mega Good 40 Surpass the 6th rank of any class.
Hotshot 15 Win 10 battles in Ranked Match.
Slam Master 20 Win 50 battles in Ranked Match.
Fighting Machine 40 Win 100 battles in Ranked Match.
Noble Effort 15 Get a 5-game win streak in Ranked Match.
Assemble! 15 Participate in an 8 player Lobby over Xbox LIVE.
Dominator 30 Collect 100 titles.
A Warrior Born 10 Earn 5,000 Player Points (PP).
Devil with a Blue Coat 15 Earn 30,000 Player Points (PP)
. Divine Brawler 50 Earn 100,000 Player Points (PP).
Comic Collector 50 Unlock all items in the Gallery.
Passport to Beatdown Country 10 Fight in all of the stages.
these achievements seem pretty average like the first MVC3 i got 1000/1000 from the first one and it seems like this will be another easy 1000 im glad we get to see some pics of the characters yet to be shown in game. This game is gonna PWN let us know what you think and dont be a jimmy!
By: goukijones Jan 10, 2012 | 1 Comments
Will FnJimmy finally be able to take the title from GoukiJones. Will GoukiJones' Hawkeye be too much for FnJimmy's ULTIMATE Nemesis cheese? Check out the latest showdown in HD.
By: goukijones Oct 13, 2011 | 2 Comments
I like characters that don't even touch the ground, like Magneto. Nova appears to be floating off the ground in his regular stance as well. For that, win! Don't be a Jimmy!
By: goukijones Dec 21, 2011 | 3 Comments
GoukiJones will defend his #Gouki World Title against FnJimmy in 1 more match. Will FnJimmy's team of Nemesis, She-Hulk, and Ryu finally be able to overcome GoukiJones' Ghost Rider, Hsien-ko and Hawkeye. FnJimmy ... Poison tip and have a nice death.
You know we're not pro right? But we do practice and personally I've been taking ultimate very seriously. Studying and watching tournaments/pros, trying to learn new stuff. You can definitely see after watching SCR this passed weekend, I've picked up so new Hsien-ko stuff. Most just getting her across the screen. She easily one of the least mobile characters in the game. Nobody used Ghost Rider that I saw at SCR, so wtf. Hawkeye players showed me some new OTG moves I didn't know, but I struggled incorparating them in these matchs againt FnJimmy. Check out this HD video and find out if we will crown a new champion.
Don't be a Jimmy! Vote, comment and share. Leave some tips below if you know something about any of these characters you'd like to share.
By: goukijones Nov 16, 2016 | 0 Comments
Check out the trailer for the biggest fighting game tournament in the world. EVOLUTION.
Looks like we will see a full shift in venue. Mandalay Bay knows what's up.
Evo will be at Mandalay Bay all 3 days! #Evo2017— Joey Cuellar (@MrWiz) November 16, 2016
Wiz also teased a Hall of Fame show on Thursday, the eve of EVO. Here are the final results from his poll.
On Thursday night of Evo, if we did a banquet and hall of fame dinner for $30, would you attend? #Evo2017— Joey Cuellar (@MrWiz) October 24, 2016
By: goukijones Jun 26, 2012 | 2 Comments
EVO's Mr. Wizard announces infinite combos will be allowed in Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 at the big tournament. Videos show more than 1 character has one. Will there be more to come?
TAC = Team Ariel Combo.
TAC Infinite combos will be legal at EVO according to this Tweet from EVO director Mr. Wizard.
Here's what it looks like.
Can you even see it? I certainly don't have a clue what is happening. Phoenix tags Magneto back in and Magneto can start his infinite. Apparently there's a moment where you can escape if you have the right character.
This is something that isn't a glitch. This is something that requires technique and specific characters to do.
Justin Wong said: "That is cheap cause Magneto has one too, so lots of characters might have it." - That quote is from EventHubs
Low and behold ...
Marvel is the Touch of Death. Shout out to UltraChenTV for that one liner. The winner of EVO could be the Jimmy who has something like this mastered with whatever else they've already mastered in the realm of cheese with Ultimate. Marvel is so full of cheese. FnJimmy had a great line last night while were playing and Hsien-ko kinda froze up for a second and he said "See the computer can't even handle your cheesy bullshit anymore." We're going to see a lot of attempts at this infinite thing, only the best will move forward. If an Infinite Combo wins the tournament and if the winner of the tournament is Japanese, they will probably riot. U.S.A.! U.S.A.!
Where is Filipino Champs take on this?
Marvel is a lot of the same, even though all of the characters are very different and have unique styles. Core gameplay features like TACs, Supers, Launching are all the same for all the characters. Now some might be completely different features, like not all characters can fly. I think this TAC infinite thing falls under most characters in the game can do something like this. Whether or not the human player can execute it or not, we'll see at EVO.
Well what do you think? Ban or not ban? Ban glitches, not skill, that's my take. Vote, Comment and Share. Don't be a Jimmy!
a little more info on UMVC3
• In regards to online features for UMvC3, the match making process was sped up, they reduced online lag and the menu flow is easier for rematching players.
• At the current stage of development, there is no replay mode in UMvC3.
• The HUD shown is not the final version and is for Comic-Con. They're aware the lifebars for backup characters are hard to see and more tweaks are coming.
• Niitsuma hoped to get more characters from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 into UMvC3, but Marvel had their preferences, so Capcom went with those. Niitsuma also wanted to get another non-fighting game character in, but didn't say who that was.
• Tournament results and videos were a factor in balancing the game. Fan feedback and other stuff went a long ways in helping the developers change things.
• Not all characters got new moves, some just got tweaks to their existing attacks. Moves were added or changed to balance out the game, not just to add/change moves. C. Viper did get a new move, though. Frame data for a lot of the characters has been tweaked.
• The number of costume colors available for the characters has been expanded.
• There's no new end boss for UMvC3, still Galactus, but that doesn't mean they've left him untouched. He's got some new bells and whistles to throw at players.
• There will be something for MvC3 fans who bought the original game, if you have the save data on your console. What that is isn't revealed yet, but there will be an extra.
• If UMvC3 sells well, there will responses to fan requests for more content. This was said in response to if Mega Man will be in the game or not.
• All of the old stages are still in the game. Kattelox Island's snow version is separate from the old one.
• Capcom will not do a complete change log for MvC3 to UMvC3, but they're planning on doing something to document the changes between games.
• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be at EVO 2011.
• If you bought DLC characters/costumes for MvC3, that will be useable in UMvC3, but Shadow Mode DLC will not be going over to UMvC3, that's only for vanilla MvC3.
• Capcom didn't want to completely overhaul X-Factor, because it's still MvC3, but they did make some changes to it, it does less damage now and of course can be activated in the air, as previously reported.
• The new characters in the game will have their own endings, stories and stuff, but it sounds like they'll be styled how they were in MvC3.
• Simple mode will be like it was in MvC3, you can't access all of a character's moves with it.
• Capcom went to the original source material a lot for the characters to try to bring them to life in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
• Hawkeye was a choice Marvel was very excited about. He has good long range attacks of course, but his close range attacks are good as well, making him pretty unique and fun to use.
After reading this im getting even more interested in this game. What im happy to see is that for those who bought the original MVC3 they will get a little bonus. I know it wont be anything spectacular be at lease we get something. Im hoping its some free coustme packs or something like that. Let us know what you think about these little nuggets of info.
By: goukijones Apr 16, 2013 | 1 Comments
Las Vegas, NV. April 13, 2013. Hosted by Gouki.com. Location Insert Coin(s) InsertCoinsLV.com. Featuring IC Ruin, Angelic, Hit Box Sora, Eliver, & EG Floe.
On commentary. Eliver & Hit Box Sora.
Check out the full Marvel bracket here: http://challonge.com/lvgen1marvel
*We got bodied early on in the day with some audio problems & never recovered. Check your audio levels.
Thank you for watching. Please vote, comment & share.
Check out InsertCoinsLV.com
By: goukijones Oct 31, 2011 | 6 Comments | Updated: Oct 31, 2011
Rocket Raccoon is 1 of 2 final character reveals for Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom. A sequel to a game that just came out a few months ago. RR here is from the Marvel Universe and he's kinda a douche bag.
Rocket Raccoon is short, quick and very very sneaky. He can set up multiple traps which include a net trap, that will put you up in the air like Chewbacca when the Ewoks caught him. What a nuab. I like trap characters, but I don't like the short ones. RR is very short. If I were into the short characters, I'd be using Veiwtiful Joe, he looks dope when pros use him. RR can burrow under ground and in the clip below you can see him using this technique to avoid everyone's favorite Hsien-Ko armor assist. RR's supers are pretty standard and don't show any new creativity from Capcom. 1 super looks like a Veiwtiful Joe super, the other kinda like a Dante super and the level 3 isn't that much interesting to me either. Check out the video below and lemme know what's up with the on UMvC3
Don't miss out on our Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 giveaway. We're giving away 5 copies!
Check out Eventhubs.com in the source for great coverage on UMvC3 and all things fighting games.
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Rage 2
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Street Fighter V
- The Dark Crystal: Tactics
- Nintendo Switch Lite
- Fallout 76
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Crackdown 3