Community News: Borderlands 2 Title Update 12-13-2012
Gearbox has released a new patch addressing alot of bugs and issues found in Borderlands 2 today. stop on by and check them out.
Today, Gearbox has released a new patch for Borderlands 2. They address many issues that plagued certain players, such as Badass Ranks, freezing, weapon and shield balance, and even challenges. Check out below for a list of changes that have been put into effect.
Listed here is what was updated on the 360 ver.
- Modified profile behavior to better protect Badass Rank and related data.
- Added functionality to detect and restore Badass Rank in the event it was lost. To ensure you are credited for as much progress as possible, please load your character, select "Continue" on the Main Menu, and then "Save and Quit" after you enter the world. Repeat this process for each character in your character list.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to sometimes crash or freeze after killing Master Gee in the Captain Scarlett DLC.
- Added a confirmation dialog when opening the Golden Chest in Sanctuary.
- Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck zoomed in when in "Fight For Your Life" mode.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause skill points to be reset when loading a character.
- Fixed a bug that could cause weapons to not stop firing when the "Gunzerking Autoswitch" option was enabled.
- Fixed the Mechromancer's Anarchy skill sometimes losing stacks incorrectly for multiplayer clients.
- Fixed some cases where enemies were getting stuck and unable to move.
- “Inverted reverse steering" option now works correctly for clients in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the trade icon to get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed a bug where a splitscreen player would sometimes not receive the appropriate default weapon when creating a new character.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the message "processing vehicle change request" to get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed a bug that could cause enemies and missions to be locked to an incorrect level.
Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
- Plan B
- Wildlife Preservation
- Mighty Morphin
- Fink's Slaughterhouse
- Animal Rescue: Food
- The Man Who Would Be Jack
- Get To Know Jack
- Where Angels Fear to Tread
- Trailer Trashing
- Clan War: First Place
- Stalker of Stalkers
- The Once and Future Slab
- Home Movies
- Shielded Favors
- You Are Cordially Invited: Tea Party
- (Captain Scarlett) Freedom of Speech
- Fixed a bug where the player's active mission would sometimes fall back to main-game missions when completing other missions in DLC areas.
- Fixed a bug that could cause mission waypoints to not display in DLC areas.
- Reduced level of Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC raid bosses in Normal Mode.
- Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC raid bosses no longer drop Seraph crystals in Normal Mode.
- Fixed a bug where Master Gee (Captain Scarlett DLC) would sometimes not drop any items when killed.
- Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue.
- Addressed an infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose mission rewards that they had not claimed when switching between Normal mode and True Vault Hunter mode.
- Fixed a bug causing the item-of-the-day not displaying "sold out" sometimes when opening a vending machine where the item had already been purchased.
- Fixed a bug that could cause non-droppable inventory to be lost when trying to equip it from the world.
- Fixed the player's backpack sort setting not persisting.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players' backpacks to display empty under rare circumstances when trading.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the critical hit bonus to inconsistently be included on the item card of weapons that modify this stat like Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch.
- Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.
- Fixed an exploit giving the player unlimited grenades by picking up a specific grenade mod.
- Fixed customization items getting sorted as "ammo" in the inventory.
- Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.
Balance adjustments to "The Bee":
- Increased Recharge Delay
- Significantly increased Recharge Rate
- Reduced Amplify damage
- Additional miscellaneous balance tweaks.
- Added "(undiscovered)" entries to the challenge log for challenges that the player has not yet found.
- Fixed challenges showing inaccurate completion amounts for area-specific challenges.
- Players can now reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. This option will appear as a tooltip at the bottom of the “challenges” screen within the status menu if the player has met the criteria.
If you want to know what changes were made on the PS3 and PC, check out the following Links below:
In a sense, I'm glad to that this update has showed up. Sure, I'm a little dissapoinnted about the changes with "The Bee" shield, but that's nothing compared to most of the other changes that I'm glad to see in this update. One of the biggest changes I'm glad for is the option of resetting my level-based challenges. That way, it will give me more replayability on my characters that I already have at 50, especially when we get the next expansion at some point in the future (and hopefully, the much needed lvl cap raise).
What do you think of these patches? Leave your comments down in the bottom. Don't forget to vote and share, and Don't be a Jimmy!!
Other Stories Posted by me:
Release Date: Sep 18, 2012
Trending Video Games
- The Last of Us Part II
- Remember Me
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Marvel's Avengers
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Fallout 76
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Alice Madness Returns
- Final Fantasy VII Remake