By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Feb 13, 2011 | 18 Comments
In honor of Marvel vs Capcom 3 finally making an arrival, Gouki.com is kicking off the first Wed of release with Mahvel Wednesday. Come and Join Gouki.com in all of the MvC3 fun!
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds
Wednesday 8pm - 11pm PST
Xbox 360 (Sorry PS3 Jimmys)
Who can Join:
Any Gouki.com Member
Come join Team Gouki in a friendly night of Marvel vs Capcom 3. We play for fun on Wednesday Nights so feel free to invite your friends to play, and if you feel like you aren’t good at the game don’t worry FNJimmy will be there. We don’t just play the traditinal Lobby Mode either. We do things like 1 random, all random, no tag and more. So come and join Team Gouki every Wednesday. It's Mahvel Baby!
We start at 8pm and end at 11pm. Just pick a time and that works for you and come join us. Be sure to add Cinderkin to your friends list and send me a message saying you’re playing Wednesday. Don’t be a Jimmy! See you Wednesday!
Tell your friends, and use those share buttons. Gonna Take You For A Ride!
Las Vegas is getting its on Arcade this Spring. Full of classic arcades, the newest consoles, and DJs'? WTF? Anyway not much is known about this Arcade Lounge Game Bar, so Check out this video promo for it.
Tell us what you think in the comments. The most interesting thing here is that they are going to be having annual tournements and that there will be a ton of women dancing. It's Las Vegas so anything is possible. I'm hoping we can get a solid Arcade Scene in Vegas. I need my SSF4 Arcade Edition Fix!
Don't be a Jimmy and thanks for reading.
By: Cinderkin Feb 7, 2011 | 14 Comments
Capcom has officially released the trailer for the Final Boss in Marvel vs Capcom 3. While Galactus may be old news now, its still nice to see the official trailer. Will you fight to save the world? Check it out!
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Yoshinori Ono recently did an interview with Gamespot talking about how Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition came about. He also goes into details about the pass mode. Check it out.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
It's time to get your mind jacked! Is this game worth your hard earned dollar? Find out in the Gouki.com Exclusive Review.
Let us describe Mind Jack for you in one word. That word would have to be “Awful”.
Mindjack is a game developed by Feel Plus and published by Square Enix. Which means already that the game is probably not going to be very good, but why is it awful? With Gears of War controls, Resident Evil camera controls, and classic Japanese story telling you’d think Mindjack would be a complete success. Well unfortunately it’s not. This review is going to be slightly different than the rest mainly because If I didn’t explain this game in a step by step manner, then you wouldn’t believe what I’m about to tell you.
Let us start off with the very beginning of the game. The cinematic is very much the same as in this trailer save the promotional messages.
After that is over the game then goes into the Mindjack press start screen. where your only option is to choose Rebirth. Hit rebirth and the game literally starts you to an empty room with 3 computer screens and a man. It is a basic tutorial mode, showing you how to move the camera and yourself. Then it teaches you how to mind hack, and bam achievement unlocked. Mind you I haven’t even reached the main menu of the game yet. Once I hack into the man standing there, they then want me to hack into a computer. Once that is completed bam another achievement and the game takes me to the Mindjack main menu. Now I can choose my options, setup, xbox live matches, or campaign. I chose the campaign and this is where the game just loses me. You start as this guy (Jim) in an airport terminal. You’re looking for a girl named Marie. Once the cut scene ends you take control of Jim and are tasked with following Marie. Note that at this point the only thing you can do is walk and roll. You reach Marie and a cut scene ensues where you start fighting some random guy, and to make things worse it’s the most action I’ve seen in the game so far and It was a damn cut scene. After a few more cut scenes the game lets you actually play. With a pistol in hand you’re tasked with taking out all of the enemies on screen. This is where the game is supposed to be fun, but instead gets worse. Mindjack is all about multiplayer for some odd reason. Even in your single player campaign anyone can hack into your game and join the enemy team. Therefore impeding your story progress, and stopping you from having a good time. I’m playing the game and some random guy jumps in my game (lv 14) and destroys me with rockets. Mind you I’m only a lv 1 character. What kind of bs is that? Once I died the game took me to a game over screen and I quit right then and there.
Read on further for the games full breakdown
Mindjack takes place sometime in the future where a new technology that allows people to hack into your mind is common thing in the military. You play as Jim some dude who can’t seem to stop yelling. You also have a partner named Marie, but is called something else. I don’t know it’s confusing. Anyway from what I gather Jim is getting his life back together and is now taking on missions for someone named Lilo. That is as much of the story as I know, because quite frankly I refused to play anymore of this game to find out.
The gameplay in Mindjack is very much like the Gears of war franchise. Aiming is done with the left trigger, shooting with the right. Running and Cover are mapped to the A button, and reloading is done with the right bumper. That being said, Mindjack has a great control scheme and it works very well. It can feel a bit clunky at first but within a few minutes you will feel right at home. It’s just too bad everything else about this game sucks. The mind hacking is just weird. You are fighting for your life and the next thing you know your down, and have to hack into a different body to continue. Hacking into anyone will automatically give them a pistol. So the lawyer who is cowering in fear during a shootout will get mind hacked and join the fight with guns and all. It just doesn’t make sense. The multiplayer component can be turned off, but the game stills plays as if it’s on. You could be in the middle of a firefight and then pause the game. The game shows that it’s paused, but everything is still going on. So if you take a bathroom break, be prepared to return looking at a game over screen.
The game looks decent. Nothing too bad about it, reminds me of FF13 but with less detail. The character models are what you would expect from a Square Enix title. The environment is detailed nicely, for a game that is all about shooting and hacking.
The game has some of the worst audio in a game to date. The voice work is cheesy, and not to mention just boring. Jim is always yelling, but it sounds like he’s just talking. It’s awkward, and unpolished. When the two main characters are having a conversation Jim acts as if he is a football field away, and Marie talks as if she is right next to Jim. Makes no sense.
The online multiplayer is just dumb. There is no death match or capture the flag modes you would expect. It’s just hacking into someone’s single player campaign and either helping them or hurting them. Which means that the multiplayer will only last a week before it is a complete waste of time.
Mindjack is a complete pile of garbage and should be classified under the category for Jimmy Ass Game! Do yourself a favor and stay away from this game. Don’t try and play it, don’t try to rent it. If someone asks you to play it they are not your friend. It is one of the worst 360 games I’ve ever played. This is 2011 Jimmy! Square enix is losing it.
Bottom Line: FLUSH IT!
Netherrealms Studios has released the latest character vignette. This time it is about Lui Kang. Also if you look closely (well not really) you can see Kano, and Shang Tsung who haven't been officially announced yet. So Get Over Here! And check it out!
Looks like Lui has a new teleport style move. I'm looking forward to this game more and more. Anyone else excited for a good Mortal Kombat comeback? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Feb 7, 2011 | 14 Comments
Miles923 got an early copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3 and decided to make a pretty sweet combo video. It features a ton of characters and is done quite well. Check it out!
Which ones were your favorites? What do you think of these combos? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Desk the guy who brought you countless combo videos and world record attempts with Chun-Li is back. This time it features Akuma doing some amazing combos. Check it out!
Desk offered up these notes on the clip.
In Super Street Fighter IV, the start-up of Akuma's st. RH was increased in order to stop his Vanilla SFIV loop [st. jab, st. RH] repeat.
Under normal circumstances it isn't actually possible to combo into the st. RH. Every instance of it happening in this video is after a jab that cunningly avoids it's first active frame (i.e. it connects 'meaty').
Extra effort was made to avoid using training mode, in fact one of the combos in this video is actually impossible in training mode. Also, I have attempted to demonstrate the wide variety of characters on which Akuma can loop his st. RH.
What do you think of this combo video? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Source: Desk's Youtube Channel
Who will come out on top? Apparently Batrastered... Booze, Fight Sticks, White Chicks, Cornbread, and the VGAs. SSF4 couldn't have gone any better lol.
So most of you saw the VGAs last night, and if you’re a real gamer then you probably came to the same conclusion as I did. 1 it was garbage, and 2 it was straight trash. There was nothing good about the VGAs, oh wait! A game is coming out in 2013! Who the hell cares right now? Where was my Batman gameplay or something substantial? Ok Uncharted 3 was nice to look at I guess.
The only good thing to come out of last night was playing Super Street Fighter 4 with Gouki Jones and Batrastered. Gouki Jones (hammered and stumbling everywhere) is God Tier and Batrastered (Who had 10x better jokes than anything at the VGAs) is Super Ultra Combo God Tier. Then there is me (with a Fight Stick, Controller, and Alcohol) being Scrub 101.
So after the disgrace that is the VGAs we decided to play some Super. Both Jimmys brought out the TE Round 1 Sticks. I was still willing to use that Jimmy Ass Stick. Anyway after getting everything set up it was time to see who was number 1.
Now if you've ever seen me on Xbox Live you'd see that 90% of the time I'm playing Super Street Fighter 4. You'd think that would mean I'm pretty good at the game. Well last night I was so bad even Hakan would have ranked a Tier or 9 higher than me.
1st match me (Hakan) vs Bat (Guile) I think I hit him about 2 times the entire match
2nd match Jones (Cammy) vs Bat (Guile) I felt like I was watching an episode of DBZ. These 2 were flying across the screen so fast I couldn't believe it. I think I saw like 7 Ultras in 1 round. Is that even possible?
3rd match me (Adon) vs Bat (Guile) I think I landed 2 Rising Jaguars and that was it.
Can you see a pattern here? Bat was cleaning house with his Guile Air Grabs, and Sonic Flash Boom Kicks (Jimmy Hacks) and even threw in a little Bison 101 gameplay.
Gouki Jones Loves his Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Dudley, and Bat wanted some Alpha 2 and 3 action. Neither was present and we continued on with SSF4. After Bat reached 10-0 I decided to unplug the Fight Stick Jimmy and I was using and switched over to the 360 Controller. Jones and I both prefer it, and to my surprise the Bat had a Brand Spanking New Controller. The damn thing was so stiff and unbroken into that I couldn't land any combos successfully.
It was a Batrastered Massacre and he was even picking Random here and there. It looked bad for Jones and I. Jimmy Hacks are no joke.
Batrastered was the Champ last night and I want a rematch. Jones was railed by the alcohol (Jimmy Juice can kill) and I was a disgrace to any Street Fighter except for Birdie.
Moral of the Story Jimmys. Don't drink and drive, don’t watch the VGAs next year, don't mix alcohol with fruit loops and cornbread, and if Batrastered is on a roll, spike his drink with Nyquil....
Until Next Time Jimmys!
It's pretty hard to create some awe inspiring Create a Wrestler in Smackdown vs Raw 2011. Unless your FnJimmy! Anyway Jim784m has created some amazing Street Fighter CAWs in SvR 2011. Check em out!
I've added a few of my favorites here. Click the link at the bottom to see more.
I think these are pretty awesome. Which ones are your favorite? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Combonauts is back with part 3 of his Zero Damage Combo Videos. Be sure to check it out! Links to part 1 and 2 available as well.
If you missed part 1 and 2 or just want to see them again, you can check them out here.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Xbox One
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Fallout 76
- Crackdown 3
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Sunset Overdrive
- Halo: Infinite
- Knights Contract
- King of Fighters 98