By: Cinderkin Feb 15, 2011 | 9 Comments
Gouki.com filmed a grudge match between Phresh and Grey Walrus during Street Fighter Sunday last weekend. Also there is a video of Grey vs Cinderkin (Troll Mode Engaged) Check it out!
Grey Walrus vs Phresh
Grey Walrus vs Cinderkin
Sorry about the quality on the last video.... Technical Difficulties
Don't be a Jimmy! Join us every Sunday!
RedRapper is well known for his raps concerning fighting games. His Evo2010 rap using Cody's Theme from SSF4 was a big success. NSFW but a great remix so check it out.
RedRapper was at the LevelUp Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition Tournament that recently went down. Where Marn took first with Yun, EG Justin Wong second with Yang. Be sure to check out the archived videos from that tournament here. Tell us what you think of this video in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Feb 1, 2011 | 6 Comments
Ever had trouble doing a standing 720 ultra move? Do you even know what it is? Well Desk has a very good tutorial showing off how its done. Check it out!
Here is the description:
This is a new technique and entirely different from the method used by Vangief and other Zangief players. The existing method requires the player to hide or 'buffer' half of the motion in a normal or jump. This does not.
Its practicality is exactly parallel to how hardcore a player you are. So, if you're not hardcore, then it won't be practical.
Although technically, you only need 4 inputs after initiating your jump animation(up, right, down and left). You will most likely be going past diagonals. This will mean you have 7 frames to hit 7 inputs.
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Source: Desk's Youtube Channel
Tournament Legacy, the company behind the SoCal Regionals, just announced Revelations, running from June 10-12, 2011.
Here is what they had to say on the site:
There is $30,000 dollars on the line, $5,000 dollars for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, $5,000 dollars for BlazBlue Continuum Shift, and $20,000 for Super Street Fighter 4. The biggest names in fighting games are planned to appear and join the fray. Tournament Legacy hopes that people traveling far and wide to attend E3, would just take a couple more days to relax in the City of Angels to join the frenzy at this amazing fighting game event, Revelations. A way to level up for EVO, tons of money at stake, and the fiercest competition? Only the craziest would pass this up.
Gouki.com Will be at E3 this year, we may head to this tournament as well. Not only to score some exclusive footage, but to dominate the tourney. FNJimmy is absolutely unstoppable. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Source: Tournament Legacy
0ShinAkuma0 uploaded a Super Street Fighter 4 compilation of Playerjun52's Ken showing a bunch of highlights from his matches. With some intense comebacks, crazy combos, and just straight beat downs. This is something to watch. Check it out!
As a Ken player this guy has truly inspired me to become even better. His execution is top notch. If you look at his button inputs everything is exactly as what is shown on screen. No button mashing here Jimmys. Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Source: 0ShinAkuma0 YouTube Channel
By: goukijones Jan 25, 2011 | 19 Comments
Last Sunday Cinderkin from Team Gouki put together a little friendly throwdown. Check out these videos with commentary.
FnJimmy VS Cinderkin
0:57 BatRastered VS xXMarcstaRXx
1:48 Cinderkin VS goukijones
Read full story...
By: Phresh Jan 25, 2011 | 12 Comments
The last of the ultra costume packs is out today. Make sure you finish off your collection.
The costumes cost 320 microsoft points on xboxlive and $4 on the PSN.
The pack includes Blanka, Guile, Fei Long, Gen, and Dhalsim.
The video below has last week's costumes as well, so the new ones start at about 0:32.
Desk the guy who brought you countless combo videos and world record attempts with Chun-Li is back. This time it features Akuma doing some amazing combos. Check it out!
Desk offered up these notes on the clip.
In Super Street Fighter IV, the start-up of Akuma's st. RH was increased in order to stop his Vanilla SFIV loop [st. jab, st. RH] repeat.
Under normal circumstances it isn't actually possible to combo into the st. RH. Every instance of it happening in this video is after a jab that cunningly avoids it's first active frame (i.e. it connects 'meaty').
Extra effort was made to avoid using training mode, in fact one of the combos in this video is actually impossible in training mode. Also, I have attempted to demonstrate the wide variety of characters on which Akuma can loop his st. RH.
What do you think of this combo video? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Source: Desk's Youtube Channel
A breakdown on Evil Ryu's health, normals, specials and ultras.
Overview by Adnan and MetallicA
Very interesting character but will be difficult to win with, combos are not so simple, but his damage is painful. I feel this character can zone out very well and can be played offensive and defensive.
Very low, around 800-850 (stun is also very low).
Good distance (you can Kara Hard Punch focus for a longer distance).
Similar to Ryu's grab (you can Kara grab with Hard Punch for far distance).
Feels like Ryu's Light Punch.
Can reset with Crouching Light Punch after Light Hurricane Kick.
Combos to: Crouching Light Punch, Standing Light Punch, Crouching Medium Punch, Standing Medium Punch, Standing Hard Punch, Crouching Light Kick, Standing Light Kick, Hurricane Kick, Shoryuken, Fireball and Light Kick Stomp.
This move is too good, faster than Ryu's Medium Punch.
Crouching Medium Punch and Standing Medium Punch are both able to be Canceled.
Jumping Medium Punch has the same two hit juggle as Ryu (I was unable to Jumping Medium Punch, Ultra 1 — but Ultra 2 works).
Counter hit Crouching Medium Punch to Crouching Hard Kick sweep works.
Hit box of Standing Medium Punch looks great and can really blow up crouch teching.
Overhead looks just like Akuma's and you can Kara Super Demon with overhead.
Can reset with Crouching and Standing Medium Punch after Light Hurricane Kick.
Combos to: Crouching Light Punch, Standing Light Punch, Crouching Medium Punch, Standing Medium Punch, Standing Hard Punch, Crouching Light Kick, Standing Light Kick, Crouching Medium Kick, Hurricane Kick, Shoryuken, Fireball and Light Kick Stomp.
Looks more like Akuma's Hard Punch.
Can reset with Standing Hard Punch after Light Hurricane Kick.
Great move to keep opponent from jumping.
Close up, breaks crouch teching and can cancel to teleport.
Jump in Hard Punch option select Hurricane Kick is very fast.
Combos to: Hurricane Kick, Shoryuken, Ultra 2, Fireball and Light Kick Stomp.
Same as Ryu's crouching and standing Light Kick.
Good fake option in trying to make your opponent jump.
Can cross over opponent.
Combos to: Crouching Light Kick, Standing Light Kick, Crouching Light Punch, Standing Light Punch, Hurricane Kick and Shoryuken.
A little slower than Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick, but I think has a larger hitbox.
Crouching Medium Kick into Fireball comes out very fast and a great zoning tool.
Can cross over opponent, similar to Akuma.
Able to Dive Kick at top arc, like Akuma.
Can option select with Jumping Medium Kick, Shoryuken very well.
Combos to: Hurricane Kick, Fireball and Shoryuken.
This move does big damage, but its recovery is horrendous.
Can't combo to Crouching Hard Kick from a normal unless counter hit.
Crouching Hard Kick after Light Hurricane Kick works but timing is different than Akuma's and might be character specific.
Hurricane Kick (quarter circle back + kick)
This move is fantastic and very, Very fast.
Seems to be quick on recovery.
Can't Hurricane Kick out in the air.
Light Hurricane Kick
Hits 1 time.
Can juggle to Shoryuken and various normals.
Light Hurricane Kick seems better at cross ups since Medium and Hard Punch push the opponent too far for another combo.
Cross up Hurricane Kick to Ultra 2 works.
Medium Hurricane Kick
Hits 2 times.
Similar to Hard Kick version but closer distance.
Hard Hurricane Kick
Hits up to 4 times and great at closing space.
Can reach almost full screen and is probably twice the speed of Ryu's Hurricane Kick.
EX Hurricane Kick
Think it was 5 hits.
This has a large hitbox.
Same as Ryu's and can juggle to Ultra 1.
Can Shoryuken after.
Shoryuken (Toward, Down, Down-Toward + Punch)
Need to find the Shoryuken with start-up invincibility.
Feels better than Ryu's Shoryuken and quick recovery and start-ups.
Can FADC after Light Hurricane Kick to Ultra 1 and 2 (WOW).
Light Punch Shoryuken
The start up on this move is very fast.
This move has much better recovery than Ryu's Shoryuken.
Can Light Punch Shoryuken, Ultra 1 without cancel.
Medium Punch Shoryuken
You can throw out a Light Punch Fireball and then late Medium Punch Shoryuken at close distance showing fast start-up.
Feels like the better anti-air option for Evil Ryu, but not sure yet.
Hard Punch Shoryuken
Feels like vanilla Shoryuken.
Very nice distance and can hit safe jumps.
This move might have no invincibility, need to test it out later.
Fireball (quater circle toward + punch | half circle back + punch for red Fireball)
Fireballs feel a little faster then Ryu's fireballs.
Light Punch Fireball feels to have the fastest recovery, but then again Hard Punch is pretty good.
Red fireballs hit once, twice, and three times depending on the punch used.
Similar to Akuma's Fireball and slow start-up.
Both versions of the Fireball can be used after Shoryuken FADC.
Much faster than Ryu's EX Fireball.
EX Red Fireball has large damage and fast start-up.
Kick Stomp (quarter circle toward + kick)
Another good crouching tech breaker.
All kicks armor break.
Light Kick Stomp having the fastest start up but closest distance.
Medium Kick Stomp between Light Kick and Hard Kick.
Hard Kick Stomp with the slowest start up but farther distance.
Can only combo into Light Kick Stomp.
EX Kick Stomp
Quick start up and descent recovery.
Teleport (Shoryuken or Reverse Shoryuken motion + 3 punches or 3 kicks)
Recovery seems slower then Akuma's.
Punches and kicks all vary on distance.
Punch teleport reaching the farthest distance.
Kick teleport reaching the shortest distance.
Ultra 1 (quarter circle toward 2x + 3 punches)
Good damage and similar to Ryu's.
Ultra an opponents Fireball works very weird, sometimes it would work and other times it would cancel it out (might depend on the incoming projectile).
Recovery is very bad.
You can hold the punches and charge the Ultra.
Shoryuken, FADC, Ultra 1 is possible.
Light Punch Shoryuken Ultra 1 is very nice without a cancel.
Jumping Medium Punch into Ultra 1 didn't work.
Ultra 2 (quarter circle toward 2x + 3 kicks)
Terrible recovery and might be only invincible on start-up.
This Ultra looks like Ken and Dudley's Super.
Damage is good, but sort of difficult to anti-air with.
Jumping Medium Punch, Ultra 2 works.
Low Medium Kick, EX Fireball, FADC, Ultra 2 works and is the full animation.
You can Shoryuken, FADC, Ultra 2. Health 850, Stun 950
Numbers calculated from this video,
In the 2nd round that starts @ 00:56.
Assuming normal Ryu's damage and stun rate for the used normals aren't changed in AE (which 99% they haven't), here's how I calculated the stun rate:
It begins at 1:06:
Combo 1: CH c.MP, c.MP, c.HK = 305 stun
Combo 2: CH j.HK, c.MP, c.MP, c.HK = 500 stun
j.MK = 100 stun
CH c.LK = 63 stun
Total = 968 stun to dizzy Evil Ryu, which means he has 950 stun rate
As for health, it was trickier to figure out because unlike stun, it gets scaled depending on your health, anyway here's what happened in the 2nd round up to when Evil Ryu got dizzied:
CH j.HP = 125 damage
Combo 1: c.MP(ch), c.MP, c.HK = 207 damage
Combo 2: j.hk(ch),cr.mp,cr.mp,cr.hk = 291 damage (288 damage on 850 health character)
j.MK = 67 damage (63 damage on 850 health character)
CH c.LK= 24 damage (23 damage on 850 health character)
Total = 714 - 706 damage scaled depending on the character's health (1000-850)
Anyway, let's say it took around 710 damage to get Evil Ryu's health to just outside the 2nd score circle under the health bar when he got dizzied (a screenshot), here are the results for doing a full Gief Ultra 1 + MP SPD (520 + scaled 190 SPD= 710 damage) on these characters that have different health ratings:
Health breakdown image
As you can see, Evil Ryu's health matches Akuma's 850 health for taking the same amount of damage. Can't wait till AE hits console!
By: Cinderkin Jan 22, 2011 | 25 Comments
Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma have surfaced! Check it out! NSFW Jimmy!
Offcast has a ton of gameplay footage archived. Check it out. Absolutley amazing. Below is some information on the two fighters.
• People are comparing Oni more to Gouken than to Akuma. He looks slower and his sweep is different. Regular fireballs don't travel full screen, unless they're the EX version. Red (electric) Fireballs do travel full screen.
• Has a new teleport/air dash move by doing quarter-circle back + 3x Punches. Can be used to avoid anti air moves, among other things. Seems to have some recovery on it, though. Overall, seems to be a GREAT move.
• One of his attacks makes him leap into the air and come with a stomp/body attack, think E. Honda's Sumo Splash. There's an EX version of this.
• He has a Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) and Hurricane Kick. Shoryuken seems good at times, others, not so good.
• Health isn't known, some say it's low, some say it's average. May be because he's fighting Evil Ryu so much, who takes off a ton of life.
• Damage output is low.
• Some of his normal moves are fairly good, like Standing Hard Kick. His c.MP is pretty decent. Some of his normals are so-so.
• His 'Gouken Palm' special crosses up and it might be fireball invincible. It's unsafe on block, though.
• Demon Flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
• Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 2 looks like Akuma's Ground Pound Super Art (Kongou Kokuretsu Zan) from Third Strike if it whiffs or partially connects, but if goes into the full animation Oni jumps into the air and finishes with a huge Shoryuken with a lot of flashing stuff on screen.
• Can combo his Ultra 2 off his EX Slide Dash move.
• Can do air Ultra fireball... possibly for chip damage.
• Evil Ryu's most closely resembles Akuma in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Many of their moves are very similar. A few examples: Far Standing Hard Punch is the same, Crouching Hard Kick (sweep) is slightly slower, Hurricane Kick can juggle into a Shoryuken and it doesn't break armor.
• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Dive Kick and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like many things Akuma can do, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and core combos, so can Evil Ryu.
• Has a new special move, appears to be quarter-circle forward + Hard Kick. This performs an Axe Kick with an exaggerated animation, the regular version does not hit overhead, but the EX version does. You can combo into the regular versions from a Crouching Medium Kick, but the EX version won't combo.
• He definitely has low health (stamina), probably some where around Akuma's, I'd guess 850. Two wrong guesses can lead to a dizzy from some characters.
• Can combo into his Ultra 2 with Crouching Medium Kick into EX Fireball FADC, Ultra 2. Full animation will land. Sick.
• Does a TON of damage. One combo into Hurricane Kick did about 35-40% on Chun-Li.
• Evil Ryu's Crouching Medium Kick is like the one in Third Strike, pretty good, but slower than Ryu's and you can't combo into it from Light Punch.
• You can combo into his Medium Punch off Light Punch, though, and his Crouching Medium Punch is really good. Thing has a lot of range and stuffs a lot of attackst. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 Crouching Medium Punches into whatever you like. So far you can do it on Oni..
• His Super is a Raging Demon.
• Ultra 1 is a souped up Fireball. This mostly closely resembles normal Gouken's Ultra 2, as it appears that you can charge it up and then release it.
• Ultra 2 is a Metsu Go Shoryu uppercut which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
• Toward + Medium Kick does a lunging Hop Kick, but it doesn't hit overhead.
• Hard Punch Shoryuken is a good anti air.
• Red Rapper offered this opinion on Evil Ryu: "It's all about risk reward. He [doesn't make] Ryu obsolete. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His c.MK is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However — he's for sure not overpowered. No way."
He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla Sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. Evil Ryu you guess wrong twice you're [screwed]."
Very cool character, though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style."
What do you Jimmys think? Are you excited to play these two characters? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Don't be a Jimmy!
By: Cinderkin Jan 18, 2011 | 24 Comments
Wanna come play Super Street Fighter 4 with the Gouki.com crew? Well now you can. Every Sunday Team Gouki will get together and play SSF4 with the Gouki.com users. Be apart of our weekly fun.
Super Street Fighter 4
Sunday 8 pm–11pm PST
Endless Battle, Team Battle, Tournament Mode
Xbox 360 (PS3 coming soon)
Who Can Join:
Any Gouki.com Member
Come join Team Gouki in a friendly night of Street Fighter. We play for fun on Sunday Nights so feel free to invite your friends to play, and if you feel like you aren’t good at the game don’t worry. FNJimmy will be there. We don’t just play the traditional endless battle either. We do things like 1 round endless, no hud matches, all random, and more. Team battles and Tournament Mode will be played as well. So come and join Team Gouki every Sunday.
We start at 8pm and end at 11pm. Just pick a time and that works for you and come join us. Be sure to add Cinderkin to your friends list and send me a message saying you’re playing Sunday. Don’t be a Jimmy! See you Sunday!
Tell your friends, and use those share buttons.
The new alternate costume pack for the Shadaloo members is out now on Xbox Live and PSN. Get them while their hot, or not. Either way you can fight in style with some of the strongest world warriors out there.
The costume pack will run you 320 msp or $4 psn.
Here is a look at the costumes
Sagat (Yes that is hair)
Seth (Dead or Alive you are coming with me)
Which one is your favorite and why? I like Seth and Balrog. Robocop is back!
Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Last Survivor
- Street Fighter IV
- Rage 2
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Fallout 76
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Crackdown 3