By: Cinderkin Dec 3, 2010 | 19 Comments
Capcom has introduced a new trailer for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, with 2 new challengers entering the ring. Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma! Check it out!
With the leaked images of the achievement tiles from last week it was rumored that we would get Arcade Edition DLC in the future, now it looks to be true! I can't wait!
By: Cinderkin Dec 3, 2010 | 13 Comments
Have you ever wondered if the top ranked player on the Xbox Live Leaderboard for Super Street Fighter 4 was legit? Well I've always suspected cheating, and now there is video proof. Check it out!
I'm a huge fan of Super Street Fighter 4. It is one of the most well balanced fighting games to date. No character (maybe Hakan) is worthless in this game. Which is why I play it so much, and never get tired of it. I've checked out the leaderboards before to find replays of some of the best players in the world. Players such as Diago, Gamerbee, Gootecks, Mike Ross, Justin Wong, Sako, Marn, Tokido, and YHC Mochi among others. But I've always noticed a few players with exceptionally high PP, over 7k to be precise. Anyway aMasahitolkeda6 has been exposed for cheating (boosting) PP to become number 1 on the leaderboard.
Now why would you upload your replays to the SSF4 channel if you've been cheating? Sad really. Check it out!
Don't be a Jimmy like aMasahitolkeda6!
Cinderkin couldn't pass up a chance to fight one of the world's best Street Fighter players at CES. 1 on 1, for the first time ever. From CES 2011 in the Mad Catz booth. Justin Wong VS Cinderkin.
This Epic battle for the number 1 seed at CES 2011 features Justin Wong playing as T. Hawk and the Gouki.com seven footer Cinderkin playing as Ken. Something unique about this video is that the public has rarely seen Justin Wong play as T. Hawk. So check it out, exclusive video. Special thanks again to Justin Wong and EG MaRN for spending time with us.
By: Cinderkin Jan 18, 2011 | 24 Comments
Wanna come play Super Street Fighter 4 with the Gouki.com crew? Well now you can. Every Sunday Team Gouki will get together and play SSF4 with the Gouki.com users. Be apart of our weekly fun.
Super Street Fighter 4
Sunday 8 pm–11pm PST
Endless Battle, Team Battle, Tournament Mode
Xbox 360 (PS3 coming soon)
Who Can Join:
Any Gouki.com Member
Come join Team Gouki in a friendly night of Street Fighter. We play for fun on Sunday Nights so feel free to invite your friends to play, and if you feel like you aren’t good at the game don’t worry. FNJimmy will be there. We don’t just play the traditional endless battle either. We do things like 1 round endless, no hud matches, all random, and more. Team battles and Tournament Mode will be played as well. So come and join Team Gouki every Sunday.
We start at 8pm and end at 11pm. Just pick a time and that works for you and come join us. Be sure to add Cinderkin to your friends list and send me a message saying you’re playing Sunday. Don’t be a Jimmy! See you Sunday!
Tell your friends, and use those share buttons.
Who will come out on top? Apparently Batrastered... Booze, Fight Sticks, White Chicks, Cornbread, and the VGAs. SSF4 couldn't have gone any better lol.
So most of you saw the VGAs last night, and if you’re a real gamer then you probably came to the same conclusion as I did. 1 it was garbage, and 2 it was straight trash. There was nothing good about the VGAs, oh wait! A game is coming out in 2013! Who the hell cares right now? Where was my Batman gameplay or something substantial? Ok Uncharted 3 was nice to look at I guess.
The only good thing to come out of last night was playing Super Street Fighter 4 with Gouki Jones and Batrastered. Gouki Jones (hammered and stumbling everywhere) is God Tier and Batrastered (Who had 10x better jokes than anything at the VGAs) is Super Ultra Combo God Tier. Then there is me (with a Fight Stick, Controller, and Alcohol) being Scrub 101.
So after the disgrace that is the VGAs we decided to play some Super. Both Jimmys brought out the TE Round 1 Sticks. I was still willing to use that Jimmy Ass Stick. Anyway after getting everything set up it was time to see who was number 1.
Now if you've ever seen me on Xbox Live you'd see that 90% of the time I'm playing Super Street Fighter 4. You'd think that would mean I'm pretty good at the game. Well last night I was so bad even Hakan would have ranked a Tier or 9 higher than me.
1st match me (Hakan) vs Bat (Guile) I think I hit him about 2 times the entire match
2nd match Jones (Cammy) vs Bat (Guile) I felt like I was watching an episode of DBZ. These 2 were flying across the screen so fast I couldn't believe it. I think I saw like 7 Ultras in 1 round. Is that even possible?
3rd match me (Adon) vs Bat (Guile) I think I landed 2 Rising Jaguars and that was it.
Can you see a pattern here? Bat was cleaning house with his Guile Air Grabs, and Sonic Flash Boom Kicks (Jimmy Hacks) and even threw in a little Bison 101 gameplay.
Gouki Jones Loves his Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Dudley, and Bat wanted some Alpha 2 and 3 action. Neither was present and we continued on with SSF4. After Bat reached 10-0 I decided to unplug the Fight Stick Jimmy and I was using and switched over to the 360 Controller. Jones and I both prefer it, and to my surprise the Bat had a Brand Spanking New Controller. The damn thing was so stiff and unbroken into that I couldn't land any combos successfully.
It was a Batrastered Massacre and he was even picking Random here and there. It looked bad for Jones and I. Jimmy Hacks are no joke.
Batrastered was the Champ last night and I want a rematch. Jones was railed by the alcohol (Jimmy Juice can kill) and I was a disgrace to any Street Fighter except for Birdie.
Moral of the Story Jimmys. Don't drink and drive, don’t watch the VGAs next year, don't mix alcohol with fruit loops and cornbread, and if Batrastered is on a roll, spike his drink with Nyquil....
Until Next Time Jimmys!
By: Cinderkin Nov 27, 2010 | 24 Comments
Although not officially confirmed, it looks like Capcom is making the right decision to add the SSF4 Arcade Edition content on consoles. The new achievement tiles show Yun and Yang, and maybe even Evil Ryu. Check it out!
[Editor's note] This is big news if this is true. I've read the source of this story and it is a little unclear to me what exactly is going on. If this is true it does mean there is a huge update coming to the consoles with possibly 4 new characters. I'm thrilled that the idea of DLC characters might be in our future because that will unlock other options with DLC and bonus characters as well. Take a look at the pictures below and even follow the source. Hard for me to say right now what these images actually mean. We'll have to wait and see what Capcom says officially this week. Thanks for sharing Cinderkin.Read full story...
By: Cinderkin Dec 4, 2010 | 10 Comments
Desk well known for his max combo Chun-Li videos of over 100 hits. Now he has gone on to conquer the Twin Galaxies Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Mode High Score. It's pretty impressive and also entertaining. Check it out!
Here's what Desk had to say about the project.
Current World Records:
Xbox 360: 2,014,700
PlayStation 3: 1,119,600
Desk's Final Score: 2,218,000
I'm not actually playing for score for most of the run. I tried to be reasonably entertaining while demonstrating a bunch of practical and impractical combos and set-ups. For a proper 'point pressing' run I'd lose a round in every match. Also, I'd do nothing but the legs loop and rinse the barrel bonus stage a lot more. However, that wouldn't have been very interesting to watch.
I've also provided a commentary giving some insight into what's possible vs certain characters, practicality/impracticality of certain combos, etc.
Can you beat Desk's record? Tell us what you think in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: iorilamia Dec 6, 2010 | 14 Comments
I must say I hate ultras more than I enjoy them. Simply for the fact that I lose to someone hitting a random ultra when I have a huge lead. I'm not gonna be a hipocrite and say I don't win by ultras but, the ridicullous turn arounds are pretty ridiculous, esepcially when certain characters are better than others with normals and specials, but with easier connecting ultras ontop of that ( ex rufus, ryu, not gonna go into detail) just makes it blaaah. Still, love ssf4, and I could do without the ultras. Would be interesting to have an ultra-free online mode, never gonna happen. (kinda like when you could have meter-less ex grooves in CvS2 ;D)
Poongko is one of the Flashiest players in Super Street Fighter 4. It's always fun to watch him play. This time he shows of some excellent play with Seth. Check it out!
What do you think of Poongko's Seth play? Tell us in the comments. Don't be a Jimmy!
Yoshinori's press conference shows us 3ds gameplay along with the shoulder view
At Yoshinori Ono's conference SSF4 on the 3DS was displayed. The preview has been thrown around for months and now we get to see it in action instead of a commercial. It looks pretty sick, and not too complicated, also the video doesnt give the eye popping effects as we will see in person, so this only gets better upon release. I for one love it, ssf4 on the go (no its not AE version), what do you guys think about it?
The action starts at15:00, everything before that is talking.
By: Cinderkin Dec 14, 2010 | 10 Comments
A translation of the most recent SSF4 blog changes has been posted for Dhalsim, M. Bison, Akuma, T. Hawk and Adon.
• Down-Back + Crouching Medium Punch has faster startup and less recovery time. Now this combo is possible, Down-Back + Crouching Medium Punch 2x into EX Yoga Flame.
• Faster startup time on the EX Yoga Flame, making it comboable from Medium Punch and Kick normal moves. Damage was reduced from 180 down to 120.
• Yoga Inferno (Super) damage was reduced to 300, down from 350.
• During back dash, airborne frame comes immediately after invincibility frames end.
• We looked through his damage again, and as a result he was nerfed a bit, but there are changes beneficial to Dhalsim in other parts of his game. He has a huge diversity between a good match-up and a terrible match-up, but he has strong potential in himself.
• If you hit with Standing Hard Kick from the knee up it does 80, if you hit with it from the knee down, does 110 damage.
• Crouching Light Kick's hittable box was made slightly larger, making it easier to counter.
• Light Scissor Kicks push back further when blocked, making it harder to punish him, but also making it more difficult to keep pressure on with Crouching Light Kick afterwards.
• Super is projectile invincible during its active frames.
• Ultra 2 is now a charge command, damage was also increased to 450. Was previously 420.
• Comparatively, he is above standard in terms of a character's strength, but he's more dependent on players' skills due to the adjustments.
• Medium Punch Shoryuken's invincibility was lengthened, now he is completely invincible for the first 5 frames.
• Air Hurricane Kick's jump arc was changed, so running away with it is impossible.
• EX Hurricane Kick damage and stun were reduced.
• His Ultra 2, when Canceled during teleport only, has bigger hitbox downwards. Standing Hard Punch, Teleport into Ultra 2, is possible now.
• During back dash, airborne frame comes immediately after invincibility frames end.
• Considering balance, the runaway tactic with his Air Hurricane Kick was removed, but other things can be done as you currently can, so you will be able to apply your skill in SSF4 to SSF4 AE as well.
• Close Standing Hard Kick's recovery time reduced, and changed frame advantage to be +4 on hit.
• Far Standing Hard Kick's hitstun and blockstun were increased, making it harder to punish.
• Neutral Jumping Hard Kick has slightly more active frames.
• EX Condor Dive can be used by itself now, by pressing all three Kick buttons. It's different from the regular version, as you can do it while jumping backwards as well, and it's invincible to projectiles until its active frames end.
• Light Punch Condor Spire's hitbox was extended forward.
• Condor Spire's meter gain upon activation was increased.
• Increased his Super's grab range to be the same as his Light Punch Mexican Typhoon. Was previously 1.35 range and is now 1.5.
• Ultra 2 has a faster startup time, and its invincibility window was lengthened and it remains active longer, making it very easy to use as an anti air attack.
• A solid buff was applied to Specials, Super and Ultra, and some tweaks were made to his normal moves. Basically, there are only buffs, so it'll be easier to face casts that were bad match-ups in SSF4.
• Many of Adon's normals were buffed.
• Crouching Light Punch, Close Standing Medium Punch and Crouching Hard Punch all had changes made to their frame data.
• Close Standing Medium Punch, on hit, will have a frame advantage of +6, so it's possible to Link specials moves to combo, although it's still not Cancelable. This move was -1 on hit in SSF4.
• Far Standing Light Punch, Far Standing Medium Punch and Crouching Medium Punch were given bigger hitboxes.
• EX Jaguar Tooth will not do the yellow EX Flash until he gets to the wall and is invincible to projectiles until grounded.
• Medium Jaguar Kick's hitbox was changed, so Close Standing Hard Punch into Medium Jaguar Kick will register as a combo.
• Super's (Varied Assault) startup changed to 7 frames, down from 9 in SSF4, and the first hit's hitbox is extended downward more.
• Wakeup time was nerfed. Adon now takes longer to get up off the ground than he did in SSF4.
• His buffs are centered around using his normals, so he will be stronger while on ground.
On youtube mcknight9271 has created a song using only Balrog sound effects in the sf4 series. Says he put 3-4 hours into the beat and 10 hours into the video! It's called "I GOT PAID"
It really is amazing what this dude made, sounds like a legit jam. He said he might do one with c.viper, bison, cammy and chun-li. What do you guys think? Sounds like a actual DMX remix to me!
Check out his channel and many other remixes here http://www.youtube.com/user/mcknight9127
Trending Video Games
- Crackdown 3
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- The Last of Us Part II
- Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Rage 2