Oh it's real Jimmy and it's Korean! WTF?!
Just today the Jimmys released a bunch of new videos showing off some of the environments and player vs player stuff. It's too bad that this game could almost be considered a fake. Apparently they don't have the license to show or use anything from Dragonball that anyone would recognize. The Nameks don't even look like Nameks. There's no Saiyans. The other race is Buu's race, which I thought was just an evil spirit.
This looks terrible and if it ever makes it to the states at this rate I'll be suprirsed. I don't want to play this. I'll wait for The Old Republic and Final Fantasy XIV. Jimmy! Check out these videos below and decided for yourself, the last video is the PvP.
By: goukijones Oct 4, 2009 | 4 Comments
Jimmy live from Wall Street and the T-shirt dance?!
This vlog is no joke. I obviously had a lot to say. I show clips from Left 4 Dead, Fable 2, Mirror's Edge, Gears of War 2, and Fallout 3. The stock market bit is great and I think I crossed the line with the T-shirt dance, but hey ... you fuckin' Jimmys need to buy some shirts!
By: goukijones Oct 4, 2009 | 5 Comments
Live from the closet! The neighbors are pissed off Jimmy!
The neighbors are complaining about the noise coming from my apartment Jimmy! WTF? I play the Call of Duty WaW Beta, The Force Unleashed and Mercenaries 2! Don't be a Jimmy! I hurt myself making this vlog.
WTF is this? Oh yes Jimmy. This IS a sequel.
Ok so some of you may not remember, but I do. A few years ago a game came out called Crackdown. The only reason why anyone even played or heard of this game was to get their hands a the Halo 3 beta which was included on every disc.
Crackdown wasn't the greatest game ever made, actually it was pretty bad. Very simple minded stuff, run around, climb buildings, shoot anything that's shooting at you. There was some minor leveling up, but nothing to get super excited about. I played, a few times ... waiting for the Halo 3 Beta to be made available.
Now it's time for Crackdown 2! I'm sure somewhere very few Jimmys are thrilled to death to hear this news. I was a little, until I saw the pictures that looked like Crackdown 1. WTF? Zombies?! WTF?! Enough with the fuckin' zombies in every game. Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Check out these screens and video below.
This is a cut scene I'm sure ...
Uh-oh starting to look Crackdown 1 ...
Okay, this is the same game.
By: goukijones Oct 4, 2009 | 5 Comments
Bizzle Kdigga Live VIA Live and a weather report. My favorite bit.
Jimmy! I'm back, Vlog #2! I give a quick overview of some summer movies I loved and hated. I talk about The Force Unleashed demo, Galaga Legions and Fable 2 pub games. Also the summer Olympics, Barrack Obama and Hurricane Gustav! Don't be a Jimmy!
The original Jimmy! Check it out!
Jimmy screams about Too Human, Little Big Planet, Street Fighter IV, Fallout 3, Gears of War 2. Highs and lows from Sony, Microsoft and the Nintendo press conference. Video clips, drinking, cursing, Jack Palance is dead smack! All here in this Vlog ... Don't be a Jimmy!
By: BatRastered Oct 2, 2009 | 3 Comments
Warning! Spoilers Ahead! - Here's a full list of all the achievements and their gamer points awarded.
There are 50 achievements available (for the usual total of 1000 gp)
- Back in the Saddle - Help train the local militia. 15G
- Danger Close - Get hand picked for Shepherd’s elite squad. 15G
- Cold Shoulder - Infiltrate the snowy mountain side base. 15G
- Tag ‘em and bag ‘em - Find Rojas in the Favelas. 15G
- Royale with Cheese - Defend Burger Town. 15G
- Soap on a Rope - Storm the gulag. 15G
- Desperate Times - Execute the plan to help the Americans. 15G
- Whiskey Hotel - Take back Whiskey Hotel. 15G
- The Pawn - Assault Makarov’s safe house. 15G
- Out of the Frying Pan… - Complete the mission in the airplane graveyard. 15G
- For the Record - Complete the Single Player campaign on any difficulty. 35G
- The Price of War - Complete the single player campaign on Hardened or Veteran Difficulty. 90G
- First Day of School - Complete ‘S.S.D.D’ and ‘Team Player’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Black Diamond - Complete ‘Cliffhanger’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Turistas - Complete ‘Takedown’ and ‘The Hornet’s Nest’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Red Dawn - Complete ‘Wolverines!’ and ‘Exodus’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Prisoner #627 - Complete ‘The Only Easy Day… Was Yesterday’ and ‘The Gulag’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Ends Justify the Means - Complete ‘Contingency’ on Veteran Difficulty 25G
- Homecoming - Complete ‘Of Their Own Accord’, ‘Second Sun’, and ‘Whiskey Hotel’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Queen takes Rook - Complete ‘Loose Ends’ and ‘The Enemy of My Enemy’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Off the Grid - Complete ‘Just Like Old Times’ and ‘Endgame’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Pit Boss - Run The Pit in ‘S.S.D.D’ and finish with a final time under 30 seconds. 10G
- Ghost - Plant the C4 in ‘Cliffhanger’ without alerting or injuring anyone in the blizzard. 10G
- Colonel Sanderson - Kill 7 chickens in under 10 seconds in ‘The Hornet’s Nest’. 10G
- Gold Star - Earn 1 star in Special Ops. 20G
- Hotel Bravo - Earn 4 stars in Special Ops. 20G
- Charlie On Our Six - Earn 8 stars in Special Ops. 20G
- It Goes to Eleven - Earn at least 1 star in 11 different Special Op missions. 20G
- Operational Asset - Earn all 3 stars in at least 5 different Special Op missions. 20G
- Blackjack - Earn 21 stars in Special Ops. 20G
- Honor Roll - Earn at least 1 star in each Special Op mission. 20G
- Operative - Earn all 3 stars in at least 10 different Special Op missions. 30G
- Specialist - Earn 30 stars in Special Ops. 30G
- Professional - Earn all 3 stars in at least 15 different Special Op missions. 30G
- Star 69 - Earn 69 stars in Special Ops. 90G
- Downed but Not Out - Kill 4 enemies in a row while downed in Special Ops. 10G
- I’m the Juggernaut… - Kill a Juggernaut in Special Ops. 10G
- Ten plus foot-mobiles - Kill at least 10 enemies with one Predator missile in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Unnecessary Roughness - Use a riot shield to beat down an enemy in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Knock-knock - Kill 4 enemies with 4 shots during a slow-mo breach in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Some Like it Hot - Kill 6 enemies in a row using a thermal weapon in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Two Birds with One Stone - Kill 2 enemies with a single bullet in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- The Road Less Traveled - Collect 22 enemy intel items. 10G
- Leave No Stone Unturned - Collect 45 enemy intel items. 10G
- Drive By - Kill 20 enemies in a row while driving a vehicle in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- The Harder They Fall - Kill 2 rappelling enemies in a row before they land on their feet in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Desperado - Kill 5 enemies in a row using 5 different weapons or attachments in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Look Ma Two Hands - Kill 10 enemies in a row using akimbo weapons in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- No Rest For the Wary - Knife an enemy without him ever knowing you were there in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Three-some - Kill at least 3 enemies with a single shot from a grenade launcher in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
The new 7 minute Final Fantasy XIII trailer from TGS in English
Here is the 7 minute TGS trailer in English. The graphics are gorgeous, and the voice acting is pretty good for a JRPG. This game may require me to invest in a new 1080p TV.
King of Fighters: The Movie looks like the worst videogame movie ever.
Ray Park, Maggie Q, a white Kyo, Terry being a random old which guy in a puffy vest...what do these all have in common? Possibly one of the worst looking movies of all time. Did we really need an American King of Fighters movie? I'm glad SNK knows how to protect its properties.
By: jalexbrown Sep 29, 2009 | 5 Comments
Bioware is looking for people to beta test their next MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic.
You could test the next big MMO! Yes, you! Bioware announced that they're hunting for people to beta test their huge MMO project, Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you go to the official site, you can apply to become a tester. (As of print, the site is still down due to response; the site does, however, claim that it should be active again within hours.)
For those who aren't in the loop, The Old Republic is official part of the Knights of the Old Republic universe. The developer claims that there will be enough content in the game to fill ten or more sequels, which is an almost overwhelming amount of content. Bioware's pedigree with the Star Wars franchise leads me to believe this might be the best Star Wars game yet, and it's a really safe bet that it's going to make Galaxies look like crap. Oh wait...Galaxies already looks like crap. There is no doubt a legion of Star Wars fans foaming at the mouth to get their hands on the game before the general public, but there is one thing that should be kept in mind: this is a beta test, so don't expect it to be super polished and bug-free; you're not getting the final product. If it were super polished and bug-free, they wouldn't need you.
By: jalexbrown Sep 27, 2009 | 2 Comments
I started Star Ocean: First Departure for the PSP. Read my initial impressions.
I've got to admit...as much of an RPG afficiando as I think of myself as, I've never dived very deep into the Star Ocean series. I've purchased The Second Story, A Time to Remember, and The Last Hope along with First Departure, but I've never played any of them before. Given that I was sitting around bored at 1:00 in the morning, and I'd just pulled my PSP out of the tote bag it's been in for the last four months, I decided it would be a good time to give First Departure a try.
The first thing I noticed were the anime scenes. These scenes are gorgeous! The colors are vibrant and crisp on the PSP's screen, and it really has a high-quality feel all around. These anime sequences feature great voice acting, which is something that's always hit-or-miss as far as anime is concerned. Furthermore, it would have been easy for the developers to take every opportunity to throw in these anime sequences, but instead the developers use them sparingly and only at key points throughout. This makes these scenes all the more rewarding when you get to one of them.
The story, from the hour and a half that I've been playing the game, is a compelling one. I don't want to give any spoilers, but I've basically spent the first hour and a half getting familiar with the characters and starting on a journey which I sure is going to be an epic one. RPG fans will understand the importance of a great, gripping story, and so far as I can tell, First Departure doesn't disappoint.
The combat system will be a bit awkward at first to players - such as myself - who are accustomed to Final Fantasy style combat. This time around it occurs in real-time, giving the player control of one character at a time, moving around and attacking with magic and weapons in a system similar to the Tales games. You are given free reign to switch between the characters at your whim, and while you're controlling one character, the other two act based on preset tactics that you can assign and change any time you're out of combat. This combat system is much more involved than a Final Fantasy, turn-based system, which can be a thrill or a burden. This type of combat doesn't allow the player time to set down the PSP for even a moment; you've got to be constantly in control, because otherwise enemies will just attack you while you're standing still.
The presentation in First Departure is phenominal. The visuals are a nice nod to the old-school origins of the game; this isn't fancy, fully 3D like Crisis Core. This is a crisp, nicely rendered 2D with an isometic camera. The audio is equally impressive, really capturing the mood of what's going on at any given time. The only problem I had with the game is that a few of the cut-scenes ran on a little longer than I'd like them to given that the game is for a portable system, but it's a minor setback.
First Departure so far seems to be a great PSP game, one that is inviting and friendly, cutesy and yet serious. The emotional undertones contained in just the first hour and a half are a testiment to how well crafted the story is. Overall, if you're a fan of RPGs, you could do a whole lot worse than to give Star Ocean: First Departure a try.
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Rage 2
- Street Fighter IV
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Fallout 76
- Crackdown 3
- Death Stranding